Join in ... sign up

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!
 Farmgirl Jubilee 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 11

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  11:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Love it all, Farmgirls!
I have the honor and privilege of living near one of our farmgirl sisters, "Calicogirl" . . Sharon Demers. I'll bet she and I can create some farmgirl fun and games right here in southwest Colorado. I'll post it for our Farmgirls Southwest Henhouse as well . . we are a virtual Henhouse with members from Florida to California!

I love the idea of an apron flag! As an "apronista" I'll betcha I can come up with an apron flag . . . perhaps a whole lot of aprons hung on the fence! Hmmmmmm . . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  1:41:40 PM  Show Profile
I know how we can all be together for a virtual Jubilee! Use Google Hangout! I use it and it is great. Make an official page or 2 or 3 as they fill up for those two days May 2, 3 and post the link here. When you go on you can mute and unmute as desired.

We can all see each other and chat throughout the day as we have time.

What do you think about that?

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  2:34:56 PM  Show Profile
This is such a fun idea! I will have to make this cute apron clothespin holder.

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  4:12:05 PM  Show Profile
I have a small collection of sunbonnets. I think I will hang one by my front door when I fly my apron on the front porch.

The summer I was twelve I picked cotton, and many of the women wore sunbonnets. I also remember them wearing bonnets when working in their gardens and flowerbeds.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  8:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh what joy,,, I can hardly wait for May... but first I need to dig through my fabric stash, for the perfect 'apron fabric'...
I wish I were going to be in Spokane in May... so I could scoot down to Moscow for sum junktiquing,,, and gal~pal meet up...
I just love the smile that comes to my face when I just think of "Farmgirl Jubilee"
Maybe I will even decorate some clothes pins for the apron...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  05:50:37 AM  Show Profile
Sara, I love that idea of hanging a bonnet by the front door for the May weekend! How cute is that:D Pure genius!! I am lucky to have my Grandmothers big black bonnet that she used for riding in the buggy to church and other "dress up" occasions. It hangs in my kitchen on a peg and I have a photo of her wearing it somewhere in my family photo stack. I think a more colorful bonnet for our Jubilee would be better than my black one so I will look around for one to use. I think the combination of the apron flag and bonnet would be so fun!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  11:27:42 AM  Show Profile
What about a Farm Girl Scrapbook Swap Project? We could all make one and share pictures of the times we've had on the MJF forum since we joined.
And, we could do a Farm Girl Friends quilt project. Where we put a picture of the swap item on the quilt block with the farm girls name we did it with.....my mind is flooded with ideas!

I'm working on mine, you can read the idea on this thread under Swaps:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=67820

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  09:33:24 AM  Show Profile

Ditto Winnie!! I am planting a Rose bush in Honor of Mary Jane and something in my veggie garden also!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  3:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Okay sisters...I'm in! This is super exciting! I am going to have our River Valley Farmgirls do something together that weekend for sure! I was already in the mindset as this is our 5 year anniversary of being a group, so this will be perfect!

Super excited and keep those ideas rolling!

Farmgirl Hugs!

~April
River Valley Farmgirls
Chapter Leader

~Playing in the Sonshine~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  6:03:02 PM  Show Profile
Karina worked on a Jubilee logo today--I think you're gonna love it. And dear sweet Winnie came up with the requirements for a Jubilee Merit Badge that Karina will also design tomorrow.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  05:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Yay!! All of the upcoming plans for our Jubilee are getting more and more exciting. We are going to have the perfect Farmgirl celebration this coming May!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Noreen
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Noreen
Essex Junction Vermont
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  05:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Noreen an AOL message
I would love to hold a gathering here in Vermont on that weekend as well. It would be a great way to meet and get to know each other!

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  3:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Exciting, INDEED! I can't wait to see the logo, MaryJane! And I think I am going to have to do the Jubilee Merit Badge! How cool!

And I love your bonnet idea, too, Sarah!

And April! Congratulations to you and the River Valley Farmgirls - FIVE years! WOO HOO!!!!

Great things all around!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  7:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Whoot Whoot#1 it is! Love it!
OK, so it rained most of the day today so I pulled my sewing machine out into the kitchen, yes I have a sewing room, but I have a bazillon projects going and stuff all over the place so,,, kitchen it is! lol!
I was to excited to wait,,, so I went through my scrap stash and well. you can figure it out...

gathered up what I needed...

I got stitchin'...

yep, so ready for 'Farmgirl Jubilee'...

I modified the apron.. and now to go dig through my clothes pin stash...

don't forget to soak your new clothes pins in salt water (reg or Epsom either works fine).. then let them dry...they will keep their 'youthful' look much longer.

The only other way Farmgirl Jubilee would be awesome for me is if I were up in Spokane in May, then I could dash down the road to Moscow... My next trip to Spokane is in the end of July... In the mean time...have a Happy soon to be May! Whoot Whoot!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  7:27:36 PM  Show Profile
How adorable is that apron pocket, Katmom!!!!? I'd say you're ready. Guess what, tonight on Downton Abbey (actually several episodes back; I'm behind) they mentioned a gathering at the castle with the visitors from Russia turning it into a "jubilee."

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  8:24:57 PM  Show Profile
I think we are onto something! "Jubilee" just saying it makes me smile!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  8:26:49 PM  Show Profile
oh and in true farm girl style, I sewed the apron on my 1952 feather weight... :>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  04:54:24 AM  Show Profile
Grace, your apron is very nice - like the pocket a lot.

I've already been playing with the logo. Enlarged the logo and printed it out. I didn't want to take the time to embroidery it because I have started to work outside some. But, I wanted to put the logo on apron garden flag.

So, I covered it with Press & Seal - laid a towel over it - ironed it - and it laminated; it came out clear. Sewed it on a piece of fabric just a little larger. Sewed that above the 3 aprons. Half way done with stitching aprons onto the fabric that will be put onto a store bought garden flag.

The garden flag will be in the yard May 1-6 so the logo should work just find. May even bring it at night.

I also printed out the logo in original size and that I will trace onto fabric & embroidery for clothes pin apron. The apron is cut out - MJF Milk Cow fabric. Cut out 3 cows to put on 3 of the pockets - logo on one.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  05:34:07 AM  Show Profile
Grace, your Jubilee apron is adorable!! What a cute and clever idea you had from your fabric stash. Farmgirl Romance for sure!

Sara,your garden flag in progress sounds just so cute. I cannot wait to see a photo of the finished product. Also your clothespin apron is going to be adorable out of the Milk Cow Fabric. Oh my! I can't wait to see that too. Posting photos is super simple so I hope you will share with us your finished products. If you are not sure how to do it, have a friend take photos with their iPhone and send them to me and I will post them for you here on the blog thread.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  06:35:00 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, thank you for your sweet offer. I may take you up on it if my great niece isn't able to do it for. She has 1-year triplets and on Wed my sister, her grandmother, watches the kids and gives Tiffany a break. When I finish the garden flag I will see if she can do it for me on a Wed.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  08:28:45 AM  Show Profile
I adore that apron, Grace! Wonderful job! And I also love the first logo! I'm getting very excited for the Jubilee! Friday I received my pattern for "Helen's Apron" from the very awesome Brian! (Thank you thank you thank you, again!) So now I'm on my way to the copy shop to enlarge and then to the fabric store! I'm going to invite my best girlfriend to join! She's my super busy city gal pal, but I think I can encourage her to join in the fun because I feel that she has a farmgirl inside waiting to get out!!
Is there any word on when the logo is going to be available to copy?

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  07:10:42 AM  Show Profile
Checking to make sure this posts. I'll be jubilant if it does (can you tell we worked late on all the changes you see here?)

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  09:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
YAY! We're able to post again . . . I'm going to experiment with the logo. Thanks for making it available.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  10:07:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm super excited to join in on the fun in my own little way :) I'm thinking I'll wear an apron for the day (well, I do every day actually!) and make homemade bread and give some to the neighbours along with my homemade jam in honour of this special jubillee day! I'm super excited to see what the badge requirements are and am going to start working towards it right away! :D

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  1:46:53 PM  Show Profile
Hurray! I was very excited when I saw all of the new forum subjects!!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page