Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Guess what, I bet you can't guess...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Guess what, I bet you can't guess... Next Topic  

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  4:32:18 PM  Show Profile
I am soooooo very excited, have you guessed yet???? IT'S RAINING, I mean its really, really raining, more rain than I can remember in a very, VERY, long time, can you tell I'M REALLY, REALLY EXCITED, This will be the first fall/winter I won't have to water trees (in a very long time) if this keeps up, soooo all you girls , PLEASE, PLEASE keep your fingers crossed for me, and all California girls that it does....

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  4:47:58 PM  Show Profile
Great news, Tina!
My part of Texas has been in a drought for 5 or 6 years. Been so long it may be longer. I know what it's like to see those rain clouds move in and as rain comes down give thanks for every precious drop. Hope you have a long soaking rain so none of it runs off.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  5:05:18 PM  Show Profile
That is wonderful news!!!! Rain is such a refreshing event and a blessing

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  9:51:40 PM  Show Profile
My Dear Sweet Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw on the Weather Channel all the rain you and your family is getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such wonderful news. Did you run out and dance in the rain?????? Bet you did. LOL. I'm so happy it finally rained. I will be sending prayers asking for more rain. Big, big hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2014 :  09:15:00 AM  Show Profile
Tina, I saw on Fox News that some parts of CA is being hit hard with rain that's causing mud slides. I hope & pray you are not in harm's way.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  11:08:30 AM  Show Profile
I join you , Tina, in celebrating that glorious and much needed RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  4:01:21 PM  Show Profile
Tina!!!!! Did I see on the Weather Channel that CA is in for more rain???????????????????????? Keep us posted. Giant hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2014 :  12:39:37 PM  Show Profile
Tina
Wishing you get the rain you want without flooding.
We are supposed to get some heavy rain and wind this week took . I am on the North coast up by Eureka.
We are supposed to get very high waves too,
Have a wonderful dance in the rain.

Hugs
Darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  12:24:35 AM  Show Profile
Yeah! Maybe you will see an amazing desert wild flower bloom this next Spring. I used to spend time a few decades ago in the Gulch area toward Randsburg and Johannesburg. My parents did college field work during the summer's for their geology and geography courses when I was growing up. We also used to camp on the side of Black Mountain (more toward Ridgecrest area.) for weeks at a time while my dad mined for opal. Ha! I even lived in Trona when I was young before kindergarten. Yes, I used to be a desert rat. But I still remember the spring blooms years ago before the droughts. I even remember when I lived in Los Angeles it used to rain many times with wonderful thunder storms.
Take care now,
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2014 :  10:30:09 AM  Show Profile
Annie, you sure wouldn't want to live in Trona now, you can't breath there for the fumes from Dow industries, and its not much more than a ghost town...between all storms we have gotten about 4 in's, some areas got alot more, and there was flooding, mud and rock slides, and in So. LA there was even a tornado which caused some damage...Norther Ca, got a lot more and lots of damage, so I hope everyone is safe...we have more rain coming mon-wed, so keeping my fingers crossed...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2014 :  12:05:25 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I am aware of the many changes since my time in the Mojave. I still remember my dad working for Kerr McGee Chemical plant there. Years later when I was in elementary school and on our summer desert mining trips we would drive over to Trona and because my dad had been an employee (aagghh!) they would let us and all the other Kerr McGee families swim in the companies "holding ponds". At the time we were all ignorant swimming away for hours and keeping cool. We had a lot of fun, not realizing.... I do remember great times in the Mojave desert. I still remember riding in our camper with my mom from Black Mountain on sheep trails to Ridgecrest to do laundry and grocery shop and then head back to the side of the mountain. It was here I learned the "call of the wild" so to speak and gained an eye for detail and subtle changes. I remember playing at age six in a canyon by myself, singing as I was playing and looking for colored rocks and minerals. I then looked up and saw a bobcat looking at me. I was such a skinny thing then it probably thought I wasn't worth the meal. Anyway, it took off running in one direction and I in the other. The wind, cowboy coffee, beautiful chunks of quartz, creosote bushes, alluvial fans, stars galore are all part of these desert memories. Enjoy the rain, no doubt there may be a few flash floods. Take care now!
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2014 :  12:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I am aware of the many changes since my time in the Mojave. I still remember my dad working for Kerr McGee Chemical plant there. Years later when I was in elementary school and on our summer desert mining trips we would drive over to Trona and because my dad had been an employee (aagghh!) they would let us and all the other Kerr McGee families swim in the companies "holding ponds". At the time we were all ignorant swimming away for hours and keeping cool. We had a lot of fun, not realizing.... I do remember great times in the Mojave desert. I still remember riding in our camper with my mom from Black Mountain on sheep trails to Ridgecrest to do laundry and grocery shop and then head back to the side of the mountain. It was here I learned the "call of the wild" so to speak and gained an eye for detail and subtle changes. I remember playing at age six in a canyon by myself, singing as I was playing and looking for colored rocks and minerals. I then looked up and saw a bobcat looking at me. I was such a skinny thing then it probably thought I wasn't worth the meal. Anyway, it took off running in one direction and I in the other. The wind, cowboy coffee, beautiful chunks of quartz, creosote bushes, alluvial fans, stars galore are all part of these desert memories. Enjoy the rain, no doubt there may be a few flash floods. Take care now!
Annie

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Guess what, I bet you can't guess... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page