Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 Can I stain a plastic shower stall?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Can I stain a plastic shower stall? Next Topic  

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  8:53:47 PM  Show Profile
I've searched the web and I have found how to stain pvc pipe and how to stain plastic wood. But what I want to do in stain an age-yellowed shower stall in a RV. I'm going to experiment, but if anyone has don't something similar please chime in with advice.

Wind Farmer & Seamstress.
Sister 4700

Edited by - Wendy Flower on Jun 30 2014 8:54:40 PM

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  7:19:59 PM  Show Profile
I work in a paint department and from my knowledge it cannot be stained. If you were my customer I would suggest paint. Krylon spray paint or Rustoleum 2X are both great spray paints for plastic. However, if you want to try a stain go for it. You can always cover it with paint later. Maybe use a faux finish. I applied several tints of Behr paint with a sponge to some tile several years ago to give it a faux marble look. It looks great and is still holding up. Behr samples from Home Depot are actually exterior paint and I am sure if covered with a spar varnish it would withstand the moisture. Spar varnish is what is applied to wooden boats.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Can I stain a plastic shower stall? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page