JoyAnn
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Joy
Caldwell idaho
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2014 :  11:13:29 AM  Show Profile
In the Feb-March 2014 MaryJanesFarm magazine, is a post "say goodbye to skin tags" from Kelly, Texas. I had a question regarding this. Who do I get hold of?

JoyAnn

JoyAnn
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Joy
Caldwell idaho
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  08:16:10 AM  Show Profile
I have tried the oregano oil for skin tags and have had no luck. Is there any advice, I followed the piece in the latest magazine.

JoyAnn
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  09:04:41 AM  Show Profile
I had one cut off and it just came back.....I'm interested in advise, as well.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  06:47:48 AM  Show Profile
I have heard that "Tag Away" works but have not tried it myself.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2014 :  08:39:01 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I have not been on here much. Cancer has spread to my family and friends lately. But keeping positive.
Anyway on to skin tags.....I put a drop od oregano essential oil on my finger then just totally smear all on and around the side of the skin tag. I apply 3x a day for about a week or so, it depends on the size of the skin tag. The tag will start to turn black and dry then fall off. Just be a bit careful with the oil it might burn a little but if it burns too much dilute with a carrier oil. Hope this helps and sorry so late.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2014 :  07:18:11 AM  Show Profile
I had one on my bottom left eyelid. Got used to it. Planned to have it removed and just forgot about it. Well..couple weeks ago I looked in the mirror and it was just gone. I have no idea how it happened but it is gone. So thankful.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

~Trust in the Lord...but row away from the rocks~
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  02:43:29 AM  Show Profile
My husband tried everything under the sun,but no luck. He eventually went to a dermatologist to have them removed.
Go to Top of Page

Front Porch Bobbie
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Bobbie
Martinsdale MT
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  4:37:10 PM  Show Profile
I have had one forever under my arm and my oldest son just noticed it a couple of days ago. Totally grossed him out. :) I found his reaction funny and yet I am now reminded of it so may have to try this oil treatment.
Go to Top of Page

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  4:07:09 PM  Show Profile
If they are big enough you can have a friend tie a sewing thread around it and knot it off. This cuts off circulation to it and it falls off. I'd like to know more about them, like what kind of toxicity or nutritional deficiency leads to them, and so on. Are redheads more prone to them. Are warts related?

Wind Farmer & Seamstress.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  1:11:49 PM  Show Profile
I used Tag Away, and it just made it blackish scabish. I had them frozen and snipped once, and it was a lot better.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  10:18:21 AM  Show Profile
I had good luck with Tea Tree Oil. I put it in a roll on bottle and applied 3 times a day. After a week the tag fell off!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  5:02:25 PM  Show Profile
My husband had them frozen by dermatologist first time, successful. Then after we moved, he went to new dermatologist who swabbed new ones with alcohol and snipped them. So far that has also worked. She charged him $400 and he was MAD. Came out of his deductible. I could have done it for him for free.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  10:17:09 PM  Show Profile
A co-worker was telling me today that he thinks skin tags are caused partly by GMO foods. I don't know, but it's another reason to eat organic.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2015 :  10:00:36 AM  Show Profile
I used the pure Oregano oil under my arm area and on my neck it worked, but it did burn on me I kept at it and they did go away. But it burned so much I do not think I would use it near my eyes even if I used a carrier oil with it.
Go to Top of Page

mustangmomma
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Becky
Princeton MO
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  12:07:27 PM  Show Profile
I tied one off with dental floss - good and tight at its base. Left it alone for a few days. It swelled up a little as it was strangulated to death. I snipped it off with a pair of tiny scissors that had been disinfected - making the cut on the tag side of the dental floss. It was dead, did not leak, painted alcohol on the cut end until the floss came away. !! Only attempt this on tags you are sure do NOT have a distinct blood supply. !! It helps to have a doctor take a peek at them before you attempt anything like this, because you could be removing a cancer and causing greater harm. Make sure all items involved have had a dose of alcohol.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  12:10:51 PM  Show Profile
Becky -- Does that mean the "tagee" must have a dose of alcohol as well? ha ha ha

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  6:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I don't have any tags myself, but my dog has just a few. I've used castor oil on them and they have gone away. Have to be persistent in applying it daily. I just rubbed it on with my finger once daily.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2015 :  06:27:59 AM  Show Profile
I've used band aids left on for months (yes change them out every two weeks or so). Worked on all but one. Takes a long long time.

My doctor recommended wrapping thin fishing line around them once (clean everything with alcohol first) and then pull it tight enough to clip it off. And yes, clean the site with disinfectant. And no, I have not tried-- could maybe use invisible sewing thread.

I have doctor remover them when they are on a place that gets irritated, like rubbing under your collar. Anything that is constantly irritated is not really good.

Anyway, good luck. Might try some of the oils.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2015 :  07:22:57 AM  Show Profile
I have tied them off before and it worked better than anything else -- just put one of those little "spot" Band-Aids on it while it's turning black. I tried the oil and didn't have any luck.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  3:39:34 PM  Show Profile
I've tried both tying and the Tag away. The tag away does not work but the tying off worked wonderfully!!! No problems coming back either!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Skin Tags Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page