True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  04:59:57 AM  Show Profile

7 Tibetan Yaks

27 grown birds (chickens and Muscovy ducks)

17 baby birds (15 chicks, 2 guinea keets)

An LGD and 2 pet dogs, 1 kitten, and 1 bunny. I figure I shouldn't upload a million pics... ;)

~Hen 4316~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana.
Starting a family and raising up a small ranch using natural resources.
www.mydoterra.com/thurman

Edited by - YakLady on Mar 23 2014 05:11:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  09:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Natalie, go for it. I want to see. Here is our one little 10 year old cocker mixed with attitude.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  10:05:42 AM  Show Profile
Wow! What is it like raising Yaks? If you have a blog that has more pictures, feel free to give us the link!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchholistics.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com

www.marketsofsunshine.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  11:39:10 AM  Show Profile
My dear Pennywhistle Muffinhead passed just over a year ago. So I am petless for the time being. I'm on the lookout for a dog like my Penny was. She was beautiful and sensitive and very loving.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  11:52:22 AM  Show Profile
Betty - (((hugs))) So sorry for the loss of your beautiful fur baby!!!

We have 2 dogs - a rescued 17 mo german shepherd, and an 11+ yo dutch shepherd mix. We recently also got six chicks - 2 are australorps and 4 are easter eggers. I long for a small farm of chicks, ducks, turkeys, icelandic sheep, goats, a couple dexter cows, and horses. One day ;)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  10:17:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by marjean

Wow! What is it like raising Yaks? If you have a blog that has more pictures, feel free to give us the link!

It's just normal to me now, but they're pretty cool. The yaks are definitely smarter than normal cattle, and much easier to work. The cold-hardy and predator-deterrent factors make them a total winner for me :) I haven't kept the blog up, I mostly just post pics on the ranch fb page. https://www.facebook.com/royalTacres

Go to Top of Page

Terralea
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Terra
Midland Michigan
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  3:41:27 PM  Show Profile
I have cows and chickens, cats and a dog and grandchildren. Over 42 years of marriage my husband and I have had geese and family dogs written into our home purchase as the previous owners moved on. The realtors still talk about those sales from what I've heard. We've had Great Danes and German Shephards mostly. But we have also been gifted with a Chow, 3 English Bull Terrior's, 1 Irish Setter, a Bassett hound, 2 hairless cats which I absolutely adored, and many cats who needed someone to love on and be loved. I believe in "till death do us part" with my animals as well as my husband.

Terralea
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  12:59:06 PM  Show Profile

A few more pics :)

Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  02:52:08 AM  Show Profile
We've had it all, but currently only have our 2 Keeshonds. At Christmastime, we also had their 7 puppies! And I truly need a couple chickens in my life!
Go to Top of Page

Marie_Angelique
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Maria
Fort Leavenworth KS
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  2:48:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by marjean

Here is another fun topic that I am interested in knowing about my farm girl sisters.

I own a Yorkie and a Siamese cat. In the past we have owned fish, rabbits and a love bird. When I was a kid we owned horses, chickens, rabbits, dogs and one cat. Cats were never our favorite with all the hunting dogs my Dad owned, it would have been a bad mix to bring a cat around.

So, tell me what do you own now and what have you owned in the past!

Thanks!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchholistics.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com

"The best place to find God is in a garden. You can dig for him there."
G.B. Shaw
http://mariaangelique.blogspot.com
http://asphaltandtrails.blogspot.com (fitness blog)
Go to Top of Page

Marie_Angelique
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Maria
Fort Leavenworth KS
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  2:52:19 PM  Show Profile
I own a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier named Jack. He had a 14 yrs. old sister who passed away in March. Also a Wheaten terrier. Jack is a 10 yrs. old who thinks he is 5! :)

Farmgirl sister #3030
www.thegoodlifegirl.com
"If it does not nourish the soul... get rid of it."
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  06:02:18 AM  Show Profile
Angora, goats, pigs, chickens, cat and a new farm puppy.

this is some of pictures
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.

Edited by - sunflowercritters on Aug 04 2014 06:03:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  7:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Right now we only have our two dogs, but have had cats, ducks and a rabbit. Our dogs had 7 puppies last year and it was such a great experience that we'd like to do it again next year and keep at least one. I'd love a couple of chickens too but that still hasn't happened.
Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  7:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
Right now we have 3 english bull terriers, Rosie, Tonka and Rory,a cat named Ziggy and about 20 assorted canaries and 15 gouldian finches. Oh, and one button quail named Ricky. Weird not to have farm animals any more! But we have a good life and I love the critters we do have.

Inside me there is a skinny girl crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  12:24:15 PM  Show Profile
Currently, 4 dogs, 10 cats, 4 dairy nanny/does, 1 dairy buck, 8 turkeys, 40 something laying hens, 20 something meat chickens, 20 something meat rabbits, 10 breeding quail and in the house, a bird, a turtle, a bearded dragon and a snake.

My faves are the goats and the chickens.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

LeesMimi
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Jacqueline
Gallup NM
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  5:35:19 PM  Show Profile
I have 2 dogs. One is named Otis who was rescued from the Humane Society. He is a mutt.
The other is Molly. She is a Border Collie. She was found under a porch. The mother was a stray that would come to our house from time to time. She is now 3.
We also have other dogs that come to visit in our yard. The dogs that come and visit do belong to neighbors. When I get home from work I never know how many I will have in my yard!!!

Jackie
Farmgirl Member #6014

"I tried acting normal once, but I got bored, so I went back to being me!"
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  08:19:47 AM  Show Profile
Love all the farm yard animals you all have! Michele we had a Keeshond when I was a young girl and we loved her so much! She was the smartest dog we owned when I was a kid! I have since owned lots of smart dogs and love Yorkies! I'd love to have a Maltese one day too! They are the only dog I've found that does not have an odor that bothers my allergies.

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  12:15:05 PM  Show Profile
We have 2 English Shepherds, a Finnish Spitz/Chihuahua mix, a mini wirehair dachshund, 5 house cats, barn cats, rabbits, chickens, horses, goats, chickens, a turtle and a Crested Helmet Pigeon. We also have 3 English Shepherd puppies for sale (hint hint). Oh, and we have 2 pigs. They aren't on our property, so I forgot we had them.

3 of the dogs were rescues as were the horses and goats.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  5:25:56 PM  Show Profile
We were asked to take care of this cat by the owner who had to go into rehab. I call him Kitty Kat.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  11:24:42 PM  Show Profile
Four dogs: 3 wiener dogs, all mine, and our adopted grand dog, Domino, a mix of pit bull and labrador. Huge and sweet. My house is nuts now!!! Domino follows us everywhere. It's hard to cook with him in the kitchen. He's not begging, he's curious. He plops right where I need to be. What a silly thing to complain about--he's such a sweet dog.
I have to admit I check every morning for the pair of crows that live in our yard and a frog. The frog is minute but what a loud chirping sound he makes. If I hadn't actually seen him while making this sound, I wouldn't have believed a frog could make such a sound. I'd love to record it. But it's his sound and I wait to hear it every morning. So he and the two crows are considered my creatures just like the dogs. Call me crazy! Just love them.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/ThymeVintage

Edited by - Cissik on Oct 07 2014 11:34:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  06:06:05 AM  Show Profile
Right now we have 21 hens and 3 dogs, Tybee a daschund, Shelby a Boston terrier and Lady a German shepherd rotti mix.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  06:19:54 AM  Show Profile
Denise - my hubby and my first dog was a shepherd rotti mix! One day I would LOVE to get another! Such incredible loving animals that are very protective, or at least ours was!

Natalie - may I ask an idiot question? What are the benefits of yaks? They are seriously cute critters!

Debra - LOVE your pictures! My kids were looking at them with me, and they now wants piglets, lol. Ummmm we'll have to wait and discuss that one with daddy ;) It certainly cannot happen for a couple years!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  09:13:06 AM  Show Profile
Lora, Maria, Denise, Shannon and Sylvia what a wonderful variety of animals that you have in your life. I can relate to you having a relationship with even a frog. giggle! We have them too but they are the large tree frogs. They were laying eggs in a bucket my husband dumped it out not realizing they need the water to live. So, I told him leave it there again and see if anymore tadpoles appear.
The frogs get so loud at night that he didn't want it to disturb my sleep. He is a very thoughtful man!

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

MooseThreads
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Sally
Atlanta Gergia
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  10:24:13 AM  Show Profile
3 horses, 2 pot bellied pigs, 4 hens, Rooster, 4 dogs, 1 fish, 1 turtle, 2 parakeets and 7 cats.....I love each and every one of them. Makes my life busy and Happy!!!!!!! :)

Sally
MooseThreads
Farmgirl #6075
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  11:00:07 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Sally! My oldest daughter dreams of owning a horse (or two or three, etc)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What Animals Do You Own? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page