sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2015 :  04:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Angora rabbits are so fun too have and beautiful fibers..I have three rabbits and they are my babies.
Hugs Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  11:18:04 AM  Show Profile
does anyone have louet parts for sale? s10 wheel I have.
hugs Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2016 :  10:10:17 AM  Show Profile
I am a spinner -- I use mostly my Turkish spindle -- it makes such a nice ball of singles -- very pretty. Maybe someday I will go to a wheel, but that would be a long ways off.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  08:04:04 AM  Show Profile
Hello spinners! Just in case you never saw my listing on the barter page, I have loads of alpaca fiber I have been giving away. You just say what you want, I put it in the mail and tell you what the postage was, and we are both happy!
I still have about 50 pounds of it. And five boys needing a haircut this year. The offer is still open if any of you would like to try your hand at alpaca spinning.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

NancyOH1
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Nancy
Columbus Ohio
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  12:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I hopped on to read the spinning posts as I always wanted to learn to spin my whole life. I finally ended up with four spinning wheels and several drop spindles and learned how to weave. I checked out SandraM's website where I came across the mention of the Shave 'em to Save 'em Initiative program. It looks like it will be a neat program to enter for $15.00 and receive a passport to help breeders with sheep on The Livestock Conservancy list and spin some rare fiber. You receive a passport and stamp for each type of fiber you purchase from a breeder that is participating in the program. You spin the wool and make something out of it and post it on Facebook and/or Ravelry and earn items. Sounds like something neat program to try different fibers and help heritage breeders.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Nancy Noble
Farmgirl Sister # 2508
"

Nancy J Noble
Farmgirl No. 2508
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4086 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4086 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  1:35:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy, happy spinning. I have been doing just that this winter on and off. Last fall I finally got caught up on carding the wool from my two sheep. I have spun 6 or so skeins for far this winter season. I need to work at it more. I have a Schacht ladybug spinning wheel, one drop spindle, and I have a ridged heddle loom and an inkle loom. I enjoy working with fibers.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

NancyOH1
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Nancy
Columbus Ohio
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  08:04:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,

I finally spun up my first batch of fiber from the Shave 'Em to Save 'Em program. It is the Romeldale/CVM Breed from Karr Roving Acres here in Ohio. Spinning it was awesome. It has an oatmeal color to it and I am going to make some fingerless mitts with it. I am planning on ordering some Tunis fiber from Tarheelbilly Farm soon and will need to plan on what to make with it as well.

Also, have my new Ashford 32" Rigid Heddle setup and want to make something on it soon and start getting better at weaving on the loom. Either some more tea towels for Christmas presents or a wrap.

Hope everyone is staying safe during this pandemic.

NancyOH1
Nancy J Noble
Farmgirl # 2508

Edited by - NancyOH1 on Nov 01 2020 08:05:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Any Spinners out there? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page