Page: of 7

blackfell_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Casey
Chandler AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - May 16 2014 :  08:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see blackfell_farmgirl's MSN Messenger address  Send blackfell_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
My favorite hobby is Horseback riding, although at the moment I am horseless. :( I am educating myself on gardening though, which in the 100+ degree weather here in Phoenix might be interesting. I also scrapbook on occasion with my bestie, which is really fun.

blackfell_farmgirl

HorseCrazy!
Go to Top of Page

stephaniesmith
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Stephanie
Independence MO
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile
I crochet, knit, make soap, make jams and jellies, sew, and garden. My favorite changes with the seasons. Right now jam making and gardening are at the top of my list.

Artgirl- your art journals are beautiful! oh how I wish I had that kind of talent.

http://www.bystephaniesmith.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  09:14:49 AM  Show Profile
How inspiring to read the various post! Thank you for taking the time to share and include pictures! My favourite hobbies are:

1) Quilting (I even own a quilt shoppe) which would include hand embroidery, hand applique, English paper piecing etc...
2) Photography
3) Knitting
4) Gardening
5) Reading

Not all in that order. Actually they all fight for first place!

Yours in Fibre,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  2:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Looks like many of us are fabric lovers and love to work with our hands. Thanks to everyone who keeps sharing with us here.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.marketsofsunshinefl.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com

www.marketsofsunshine.com
Go to Top of Page

GabelMama
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  5:49:09 PM  Show Profile
It seems my hobbies and passions are changing. They used to be photography, cake decorating and web design but I find this year it probably is more purging my home and life. If that can even be considered. I seem to find myself on a weekly basis deep cleaning and looking for what more I can part with. Such satisfaction with every box that goes out the door. Am loving living the simple life!

"Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are."
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  06:56:23 AM  Show Profile
Recently I realized the favorite part of my hobby is repurposing. My daughter wanted me to come and help her make curtains for her new house. I took a huge amount of heavy patterned cream curtain material someone had cut up and taken to a thrift store (where I found it). There was a huge amount. I Pieced the fabric together and made four large panels for two windows living room windows. I tore apart a curtain/valance combo she had in her other house and made two valances. This was great because they coordinated. One for the laundry room and one over her kitchen sink. Two large burgundy panels became curtains for her two bedroom windows and also there was enough to make a matching valance for her master bath. We found a man's shirt that coordinated with the kitchen valance. We are cutting up the shirt to recover a stool that is under a built in kitchen desk. It is going to be so cute. I have found when I look at clothing, curtains, tablecloths, etc as fabric instead of what it's current purpose is the possibilities are endless. On Pinterest, someone cut a skirt open on one side, hemmed the cut edges, added a casing at the top and used it as a curtain. That is genius, and it was darling. My favorite saying is "Things are not as they always seem". I love this process.
Go to Top of Page

Michele_72
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Michele
Saxton PA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2014 :  3:05:48 PM  Show Profile
I love to do so many things... I think I've dabbled in everything (you know - jack of all trades, master of none - kind of thing...at 42, I still haven't decided what I want to do when I grow up! lol) I love camping - and although we have a camper, I bought a small vintage camper that I have been fixing up (for glamping, of course!)...so the craft of designing, painting and all that goes with it - I love! Then there's our garden... and cake decorating (I have a licensed home based business that I just started in March) - I think I like it so much because it's crafting with food. I enjoy cooking in general. I also paint and draw, then there's photography, scrapbooking... upcycling... I "attempt" to sew. My mom must've kept the gene for that because she could sew up a storm and then there is me. I 'pretend' that I know what I'm doing... and pray it turns out! I love riding three wheelers, motorcycles, horses... and last but not least - kayaking! There are just so many wonderful things to do and enjoy that I can't seem to just limit myself... I guess that's why I'm not a "master" at anything! lol

Michele
Farm Girl #5969
~I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me~
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  7:30:16 PM  Show Profile
I have a few....
Thrifting and yard saleing are high on the list! The beach, camping, gardening, traveling, decorating, baking and any sort of crafting.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  08:13:17 AM  Show Profile
So many wonderful hobbies we all like to do!

Michele I am getting a camper again next year and can't wait to fix it up and go glampin with my DH!

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  4:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
I love gardening, hiking/biking/ camping (made those all one since I couldnt choose) and raising canaries and gouldian finches most right now. Sewing, spinning and knitting and cooking and canning are close behind. Not enough hours in the day!

Inside me there is a skinny girl crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  09:51:56 AM  Show Profile
I feel the same way Jenny, there are so many things I'd like to do but so little time to do them. I finally set aside one day a week just for me and to relax and do some of the crafts I like. It relaxes me and I get to make something for a friend or have a gift ready for those times they sneak up on you.

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  09:52:35 AM  Show Profile
Like all y'all, my favorite hobby(ies) are all the things I do daily at the farm. I am so Blessed that all the things I do for our 'back to basics' lifestyle are actually things I would choose to do in my 'free' time.

I guess if I had to choose a favorite that has nothing to do with providing a product for the family....chickens=eggs, goats=milk, garden=food, canning and dehydrating=food, sewing & fiber work=clothes and textiles,etc..., I'd choose art. When I draw or paint, it's an activity that's just for my peace and enjoyment.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  11:31:16 AM  Show Profile
I am enjoying cleaning out things too. What I can't sell I am donating to Mom's who home school.

Catherine that is wonderful that you have so many different types of good resources on your own homestead.

We are truly blessed if we can do what we love to do and help others at the same time.

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  1:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Today, my favorite hobby is laying down on the sofa while it's raining outside. hee hee

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  4:58:43 PM  Show Profile
baking,papercrafting, and cross-stitch

~Tina

My main blog~ http://frontierhome.blogspot.com

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  06:59:19 AM  Show Profile
I could choose just one favorite, so here they are in no particular order. I love them all equally:
Gardening, reading, biking, hiking, baking and cooking

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  6:29:46 PM  Show Profile
My hobby is quilting. I helped start Minnesota Quilters 37 years ago and I am still loving to quilt. Of course it is winter and that up north with 40 below zero is the best time to quilt. In the summer I love to garden and visit the wonderful state parks here. We also have the headwaters of the Mississippi River here ( I have two quilts at the visitor center) and Lake Superior. This is a very fun thread. Thanks

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  6:40:18 PM  Show Profile
My hobbies are quilting, sewing and sketching. I basically like anything that allows me to create beautiful things. I wish I had more time to devote to quilting because it's still my "go to" hobby but I fit in needle arts wherever I can.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  11:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Just being able to relax with your favorite past-time is good enough in my book. Tina, Dawn, Bonnie and Asiyah Thank You for sharing with us what you love to do as a hobby!

A few years ago I was introduced to felting, but never invested in the supplies. Recently, after watching a sewing show about it and seeing how easy it is now with the machine, it blossomed the interest and as a gift for our next Anniversary my DH and DD are getting me one! Wahoo!

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  06:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My favorite hobby is traveling. But, since I can't always travel, when I'm home I love to quilt, knit, crochet, many craft projects, and read.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  10:39:23 PM  Show Profile
I like quilting (hand piecing more than the quilting), writing, crochet, embroidery, walking, nature, gardening, reading (especially old books which I happily collect).

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
(Includes 'The Simply Lived Life' blog)
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  05:18:01 AM  Show Profile
This is a great thread! It's amazing how creative and accomplished you all are! I love embroidery and sewing and also cooking and scrapbooking. Right now I'm really spending alot of time planning for naturalizing my little yard so that it's useful for wildlife (and my family!). Music is still my #1 passion, but now that I'm "retired" it's really nice to have time at home to do other things.

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  2:45:18 PM  Show Profile
Quilting, especially needle turn applique, knitting, gardening, cooking, soap making, a little scrap booking.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  4:35:26 PM  Show Profile
For me it's writing, cooking and gardening, in that order. :-) I also enjoy sewing, candle making, soap/cosmetics making, knitting, and crochet, but not nearly as much as the other three.

http://www.apartmentfarm.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  07:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I would say that I love to sew, garden, and read. But, I enjoy doing so many other things like baking, card making, canning, and loom knitting.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What is Your Favorite Hobby? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page