marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  08:23:08 AM  Show Profile
I have been so busy making gifts from my Etsy shops that I did not have a minute to spare until today to come respond to all of your wonderful sharing on this topic!

I am now customizing my Gift of the Month Club collection and you can request items to be included that fit your hobbies or home décor, like these great ones you've listed here!

I have a customer from Japan that requested card making kits. Another, customer requested junk journals. We include one item of your request in each months collection!

visit my club here: www.marketsofsunshine.com

We will have a price increase starting in January so now is the time to start your subscription if you have been on the fence about it!!!

Love you all,

Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com

www.helporganizeyou.com
www.mycountrygourmethome.com/chefmarshaj
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  8:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Wow all of you and some different crafts that I have never done. Very interesting!! My first passion is for hand embroidery, then sewing, then reading, I also dabble in jewelry making.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  1:02:42 PM  Show Profile
My newest favorite hobby is knitting! So far, I've only knitted scarves, and they are a little lumpy looking, but I'm still enjoying it! I love love love to read! And baking, although DH has taken over my kitchen with his bread experiments, soon I'll get back in there!!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  2:54:29 PM  Show Profile
Beverly I am doing jewelry making now myself to embellish my crafts not for wearing. I really like all the wonderful goodies I have found at Hobby Lobby!

Ally I crochet but do not feel I could handle the knitting due to arthritis in my fingers and wrists now due to Lyme disease.

I have some knitting needles if you need any let me know and we can barter for something. They are long and metal. don't know sizes though

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchholistics.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  5:25:28 PM  Show Profile
My first love is gardening. I also enjoy papercrafting, especially making greeting cards. Valentine season makes me happy!

Farmgirl #2125

www.marykay.com/kohara
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  01:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Sewing, crochet, embroidery when I have time.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

~Trust in the Lord...but row away from the rocks~
Go to Top of Page

artgirl
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Heather
McDonough GA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  05:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Send artgirl a Yahoo! Message
I'm mad about Artjournaling! weather you find me in church, in line at starbucks, at the dentist, or in the car rider line picking up the kids... I'm art journaling. I have a nifty travel watercolor set that stays in my purse with a water pen brush. I even recently tried art journaling at the optometrists office. I'd never had my eyes dialated before and lets just say it didn't work out ;)

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  07:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Heather
Wow really nice art work.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

lovingewe
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  10:43:17 AM  Show Profile
How wonderful to see all these skills still being done in this fast paced world. I love to sew, knit, tat , crochet, heirloom sewing, quilt but my greatest passion is smocking. I think if given a full day to do nothing, I would sit and smock all day long.

Ok woke up from that dream....ain't happening!

www.cherishedelegance.blogspot.ca

Edited by - lovingewe on Feb 12 2014 10:43:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

lesharp859
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Leslie

1 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  6:08:37 PM  Show Profile
Crochet is my current #1 favorite hobby with knitting a close second. I am getting an urge to sew again
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  6:37:33 PM  Show Profile
Heather - your journals are AWESOME! You GO girl!!!

Marlyn-neieh - They are SO precious!!! Suck beautiful little girls!

My favorite hobby, hands down, is papercrafting and scrapbooking - in either order! :)

- Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  1:32:18 PM  Show Profile
This is a really fun topic and I am enjoying reading all of your posts and to see what you do for fun and relaxation!

Heather, I just recently found my way to art journaling and I am hooked too! Can you give me some tips? Are you a natural artist?
I am not, but I would love to learn how to turn mine into one like yours. Here is what I have in my spiritual journal so far.

I want to do one for my back to health journey also. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchholistics.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  1:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn you do lovely work and what a darling picture of the little ones! Seems like there are a lot of us who either crochet or knit. If my hands would cooperate, I'd do more crocheting, but I can still do my paper crafts and sewing and am getting back into doing more fun things for myself on my healing journey.

Farmgirl sister #308

Go to Top of Page

artgirl
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Heather
McDonough GA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  7:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Send artgirl a Yahoo! Message
Marjean that's a fantastic art journal you've got going. Ive always drawn since I was three. However I teach ladies who've never made art to open up and make paintings. Most important is to regularly draw. Keep a set of watercolor pencils with you and a water proof ink pen like a micron pen.then just keep a bottle of water and a brush on hand. You just wet the colored pencil you colored onto the page and its an instant masterpiece. Its a great way to dive into watercolor with a little more control. Most of my art journals are filled with sermon notes and art inspired by scriptures. Be sure to capture what you ate or what you bought at the grocery.. all the little things. When I'm gone my kids will have stacks of art journals to split between them filled with memmories doodles and mommy's faith. Hers an example of how my church notes and art look. Happy journaling!!!!

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  08:41:30 AM  Show Profile
That is a beautiful picture Heather! I will invest in these tools and start drawing daily. I do have the talent for it but have not done it in a long time. I did some really good paintings with pastels when I was in my early 20's and tried Donna Dewberry style painting and flowers were my best pictures. I have a container with flowers painted on it and a terra cotta pot. Thank you for your encouragement and direction.

I'm excited to get my new supplies and get started. My daughter has tons of supplies but she guards them. I now understand why! lol

Keep on drawing! Have a blessed day!

Farmgirl sister #308

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  08:42:44 AM  Show Profile

Farmgirl sister #308

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  08:43:21 AM  Show Profile

Farmgirl sister #308

Go to Top of Page

artgirl
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Heather
McDonough GA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  7:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Send artgirl a Yahoo! Message
Marjean... you've got a great eye for pattern and details in those. I love them!

Farmgirl 5759
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  11:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Heather you are so encouraging to me!

Farmgirl sister #308

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  7:32:00 PM  Show Profile
My favorite hobby is reading. People tell me I know more useless trivia than anyone they know--they tease me that I should be on "Jeopardy". Well, I'm not that good but I do watch it sometimes and once in a while I'll get the correct answer and none of the contestants will. I love to read fiction and poetry. I also crave magazines. A magazine is like a fling; a book requires a commitment. I have some books that I've never read but will someday. I also like to write but I don't do it often enough. So many other demands...
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pariscreekfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Corri
Paris MI
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  6:12:10 PM  Show Profile
After dabbling in jewelry making since high school it became my passion about 3 years ago and I founded my home based business, Paris Creek Jewelry. I LOVE being creative and have recently taken up scrap booking and embroidery as well. I used to crochet and would also like to start that up again but I feel like there are never enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to, especially when I have special orders waiting. The great thing about jewelry though is that there are so many different techniques out there now that you can easily satisfy your curiosity and creativity without venturing out of your genre. I also greatly enjoy photography and writing which have journeyed with me through life. Painting, drawing, clay.....I could go on and on!
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  05:40:41 AM  Show Profile
cooking and gardening for me,they go hand in hand. fresh tomatoes, basil, and fresh eggs too.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  09:46:09 AM  Show Profile
Such great posts! I especially love the art journals.

I am primarily a quilter and I love applique. I also knit, mostly socks. Reading, gardening, cooking and most recently scrapbooking are some of the other things I do.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

Doreenlee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Doreen
Harmony North CArolina
USA
22 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  6:26:20 PM  Show Profile
My favorite three hobbies are knitting on my wooden loom, card making and canning. I have others but these are the top three. I just planted an herb garden today. I am very excited about my new garden. I love seeing everyones hobbies. They are all wondeful.

Doreen Lee
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  02:53:20 AM  Show Profile
I don't have one but now that yard sales have started up, I feel like this is the hobby that gets me the most motivated. I tell DH and the kids I "go to work" that day...lol!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What is Your Favorite Hobby? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page