Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 Make it Easy - Build it Green
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Make it Easy - Build it Green Next Topic  

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  10:39:48 AM  Show Profile
I have been working on my badges this fall and came across the Build it Green badge. I have been slowly greening up my house for the last year. Mostly literally with plants to improve our air in our house but also in finds from thrift stores. I have always been a fan of second hand furniture. Mostly because it is so much more solid and dependable than the newer stuff but also because it is beautiful and in need of a good home. I have plants near every window now and actually have 50% of my furniture as second hand. I haven't bought any new furniture for years but seem to always find some second hand something that will fit in well with our house.

I hope to get a new greener floor in the house soon but I have to wait until our lovely old dog is no longer with us. She just needs the traction carpeting can afford so I wait.

Anyone have a green decorating idea they would like to share?

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Make it Easy - Build it Green Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page