Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Nifty Thrifty
 How did you save money this week?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic How did you save money this week? Next Topic
Page: of 31

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  4:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Today I saved on slippers, socks, dish towels and Christmas candy all at Cabes. At Hobby Lobby I found meno pads for 49 cents and a bible verse water bottle for 1.99.

Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  4:05:09 PM  Show Profile
Went to Hobby Lobby found meno pads for .49 cents , fabric for 2.00 a yard and bible verse water bottle for 1.99. At Gabes I picked up socks for .75 cents, Christmas candy for 1.00 and 4 pack of dish towels for 2.99.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  4:59:08 PM  Show Profile
I didn't leave the house! hahaha!
so I saved money....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  08:33:07 AM  Show Profile
I found a silicone trivet that goes in an instant pot in a cart full of sale items at the grocery store. It had no tag on it so the cashier charged me 75 cents!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  1:50:45 PM  Show Profile
I found socks at CVS 2 pairs for a 1.00.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  1:55:38 PM  Show Profile
I found socks at CVS 2 pairs for a 1.00.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2019 :  7:18:40 PM  Show Profile
I am all about saving money. One thing I am doing to save money is make my morning cup of coffee at home. What a saving that is. Buying a cup of coffee every day can really add up. I am also making my own cleaning supplies using a lot of vinegar. It is amazing how much one can save doing that. I have also talked my hubby into eating at home more often. It is just the two of us and we got into the habit of eating out a lot. Fixing meals at home saves a lot.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2019 :  1:23:35 PM  Show Profile
I saved some money this week by buying a whole pineapple rather than a precut one. It's amazing the price difference. Plus I find they taste better and I get more when I cut them myself. This was my first whole pineapple and I will definitely be buying them that way from now on.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2019 :  1:30:54 PM  Show Profile
Lori & Krista well done on saving money. I saved $24 plus some change on this week's groceries by shopping the sales. Several items went into the pantry to be used in the coming weeks/months.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2019 :  06:45:01 AM  Show Profile
Love hearing all these great money saving ideas! I started using old washcloths, that I keep in a basket, instead of paper towels in my kitchen. They are easily washed with other dark items and then restock the basket. At first it took some getting use to, but now I think I like the washcloths much better because they absorb better. They were just filling up a kitchen drawer and it was a great way to be more "green" and to save on paper towels.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2019 :  5:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Great idea Winnie. The price of paper towels has increased so much. I hate to pay the price for them. Yesterday I even started using cloth napkins instead of paper ones. My husband is always using paper plates to save on dishes and I told him we would not be doing that anymore. I love to sit down to a table that uses real plates. It makes the atmosphere more enjoyable. It also saves money.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  6:11:39 PM  Show Profile
I baked some cookies this week and my son started laughing at me. I wondered what was so funny and he told me he couldn't believe I still wiped crumbs from my waxed paper and saved it to reuse. I had done that all my life. When I was a child my parents were poor and mom always said, " Waste not, want not". I took that to heart and have always tried to be fugal. I had to start laughing, too. I do reuse waxed paper and aluminum foil as well

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

luvnlife
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Michele
Quincy WA
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2022 :  8:39:59 PM  Show Profile
I send my husband to the store with a list. He's less apt to impulse buy. Big savings for me! And it frees me up to do other things while he's taking care of the shopping. Win Win!

There is something to be grateful for every day.
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2022 :  4:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Michele my husband comes home with 3 or 4 bags of chips when I send him to the store!!
Great ideas everyone.
I spent a bunch of money this week for future savings. Bought half a pig from a farmer I know. The freezer is full!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9090 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9090 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2022 :  05:37:03 AM  Show Profile
I didn't.
NancyJo

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2022 :  11:44:05 AM  Show Profile
Hay there. I have been cooking from my freezer and my pantry. I didn't get to can anything this year but I have been shopping the BOGO's and using coupons and IBOTTA for extra savings. I now keep my grandson since I retired. That makes crockpot meals and dinner prep alot easier since i'm home all the time. I also cook double batches to avoid daily kitchen time. I just reheat leftovers. Also, I'm being more frugal with gas by only doing one errand day a week and that saves me gas since I'm 30 miles from the stores. I love reading how everyone saves money. Way to go, girls! Hugs.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic How did you save money this week? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page