Rustic Reb
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Rebecca
Pickford Michigan
97 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2013 :  06:50:16 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a good time!

I'm in my early forties, have three grown children and six grandchildren. I live on an island and raise birds. Chickens, peacock, and quail. I enjoy gardening. I am expanding my use of herbs and wild berries. On the mainland my time is spent at my boyfriends cattle ranch. Haying season is in full swing yet. I'll sign off now before this turns into a novel. Hope to hear from my sisters soon....

Don't be sorry that it's over... Be glad that it happened.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2013 :  7:46:19 PM  Show Profile
I have the list compiled and will be e-mailing the list out as soon as my e-mail acts right. There are still a couple addresses I am missing, so if you do not receive the list, that is why. As soon as I get your address, I'll add you :) Also, if you see any typos, please let me know! Super excited about this!!!!

~ Shannon
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2013 :  8:02:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm excited!! Thanks Shannon for being in charge of this!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2013 :  10:04:02 PM  Show Profile
List was just sent out :) Sooooooo excited!!!! There are 20 of us as of right now. If anyone else wants to join in, I'll simply send out a new list :) And again - for those that stated interest, but didn't get the list, I need your mailing address so I can add you :) Thank you everyone for being patient with me as we deal with health issues, and for working with me!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  07:33:43 AM  Show Profile
I got the list this morning. Thank you for sending it my way!! :D
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  12:45:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shannon and fellow farmgirls,
My mailing info is correct, but my user name is wrong (it's autocorrected all the time) nndairy - not nondairy. Our farm name is the Double N Dairy. It looks funny being a dairy farmer with a user name of nondairy :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  5:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather! I am so very very sorry! I will fix that right now!!!! Do you want me to send out a new list??? I would be happy to do so!
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  7:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shannon
Received the list & THANKS for your time!
Let the fun begin!
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  8:59:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SO much Shannon for organizing this - I got the list and this is GREAT! I can hardly wait to get started :D
Go to Top of Page

MTFarmLPN
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

52 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2013 :  07:12:01 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join. I am new to this site, but have been reading MaryJanes magazine for the last few years. I live in Montana and 39 years young live on a farm/ranch. one daughter that is 6 school for her starts on Monday and she has to ride the bus for 20 miles one way. I like to bake and do all sorts of crafting, scrapbooking, taking pictures, making blankets,(would love to make a quilt someday). Gardening, and I have a hand full of chickens, cattle, horses, a new puppy (I forgot how much energy they have). I love getting letters and sending them out.
Go to Top of Page

mrssunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Tennessee
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2013 :  2:57:38 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I received my list. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Lei
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2013 :  3:29:54 PM  Show Profile
MTFarmLPN - Welcome to the group! Send me your personal address and I will get you added to the list. I will send out the updated list on Friday, for anyone else that wants to join this week :)
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  09:16:16 AM  Show Profile
I would love to be part of this. I am a SAHW,mother to 4 great kids,and Nana to 6 wonderful grandsons.
I am a huge dog lover. I have 5 backyard chickens. We feed the squirrels and wild birds,including a large covey of doves. I am a crafter and mixed media artist.

“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.”
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  12:56:19 PM  Show Profile
DeeDee - We would love to have you added to the group! Could you send me your personal mailing address please? I'll add it to the list and then get the updated list sent out :) Thanks everyone!!!
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  2:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Sent you an email

“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.”
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  3:34:48 PM  Show Profile
The updated penpal list has been sent :) Let me know if there are any issues :)
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  08:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Can I get a penpal or 2 or 3? LOL I love penpals.

~Rachell in WNC

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

Life's short. Make today count.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  12:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Rachell - Send me your personal mailing address and I will add you to the list and send you the list of everyone on it thus far. Then, you can pick and chosoe who you write... you can write everyone if you so choose :)
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  3:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
done! :)

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  05:49:04 AM  Show Profile
Rachell - I am sending you a list now. Could you please put post a summary about you so I can add that to the list? I'll resend the list to everyone on Friday, in case anyone else wants to join this week :)
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  07:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
I'm Rachell and I'm 42. I live in WNC, recently transplanted from SWFL after "following my bliss." I am a SAHHHM (extra 2Hs are for homeschooling and homesteading!) to 3 children. My oldest is 19, soon to be 20 and she has just left the coop to go to UNC in Asheville. At home, I still have 2 boys, ages 11 and nearly 16. We love animals and have rescued several over the years including 11 cats, a snake, and some fish.

I also keep round about 30 chickens, 4 tom turkeys, 1 quail (there was more until a raccoon came), and 2 hives of honeybees. I have also been doing my best to rehabilitate the old orchard here and grow veg in the 8 raised beds. My goal is to produce as much of my own food as possible.

In my free time (LOL) I like to read farmgirly types of books, exchange emails and or letters with other farmgirl sisters, crochet, cross-stitch and scrapbook. I am a beginner crafter, so my skills are limited but interest is high! :)

Edited by - ProgressiveHomemaker on Aug 27 2013 07:14:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  03:16:03 AM  Show Profile
I am 60, married, have a son, daughter-in-law and 2 beautiful granddaughters. I love to quilt, crochet, cross stitch and craft, all of which i taught myself. I work full time but still find time to work on my projects and I LOVE being a farmgirl sister please count me in!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Words and hearts should be treated with care, for words when spoken and hearts when broken, are the hardest things to repair.
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  03:17:58 AM  Show Profile
Lots of busy sisters in here, GO FARMGIRL SISTERS!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Words and hearts should be treated with care, for words when spoken and hearts when broken, are the hardest things to repair.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  03:50:01 AM  Show Profile
Marti - Welcome to the group! If you'll send me your mailing address, I'll add you to the group :)
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  5:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, i sent an email with my name and address, thanks for including me :)

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Pen Pal - New Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page