hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  06:40:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I've noticed that quite a few of us are desiring pen pals, but that the old thread is essentially "dead." I have been fortunate enough to have had a couple people e-mail me and welcome the opportunity to correspond. I'd like to get something set up for everyone, though, especially those that are just joining (I'm pretty new myself, lol).

Here is what I was thinking - rather than pairing people up, I'd like to just send everyone a list of addresses of everyone that is interested. Sort of like the "Random Acts of Kindness" swap. Basically, sign up on here and perhaps put what you are interested in, then e-mail me your name and address. After getting a list set up, I'll e-mail everyone the list of names and addresses and you can chose who to write. Every couple weeks, as needed, I'll update the address list, so tat those who join after it is started have the opportunity to correspond as well.

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  06:45:17 AM  Show Profile
I'll start :) I'm a Christian military wife and homeschooling momma of 6, ages 1 month to almost 10 yo. Interests include anything sewing and craft related (I'll try anything), gardening, learning about (and using) herbs and essential oils, cooking and baking, and learning more about homesteading (we are planning on having a mini-farm once hubby retires).
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  07:07:21 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea! Thank you so much for taking the initiative to start this up! :D I am excited to join in!

About me:) I am a Christian SAHM to three little ones. They are 7,6, and 3. My interests are crocheting, sewing, redecorating my new home, learning about plants/gardening, and drawing/sketching. (of course writing letters too!) :D

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Hugs
~Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  08:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Please add me too!

I am wife, mother, grandmother who enjoys spending time with my dh, children, grandchildren and my dad.

We live in the country with my dad who recently moved in with us, my ds, 3 dogs and a flock of chicks.

I love to do hand embroidery, quilt, crochet, sew (though I don't do it very often anymore).
I am going to be teaching my granddaughter to sew starting in September.
I love to read, watch old movies and mess around with my flowers. I also enjoy spending time in the kitchen.

I love to write letters and receive them!

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Oakie
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Dee
Clay Hill Florida
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  09:35:05 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like fun.

Who am I? I am a Christian wife and mother to 5 children ( a combo of yours mine and ours. We have 2 left at home as the older three have left the nest. I am also a homeschool mom to the last two, ages 13 and 14. We live on a small 2 acre homestead so my interest lie in this. Cooking, canning, dehydrating, gardening,sewing, reading, scrapbooking, crafty stuff, and of course farm animals :^)

Looking forward to getting to know My farm sisters :^)

Dee
Sister #5303
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  10:05:32 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like fun.

I am a dairy farmer and a dairy farm wife. My husband and I milk ~30 cows, but do so on my in-laws place. We are looking for a new farm of our own. We do not have any children yet. I am interested in just about everything. I do all sorts of crafty things, take too many pictures, read too many books, and drink too much tea - if you ask my husband :)
I am learning to garden and have started canning. I also enjoy baking, sewing, and running. I would love to visit all 50 states someday so any info on your favorite places to live or visit would be much appreciated.

Can't wait to get to know you all better.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  10:27:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I am a mom of 3 and grandmother to 1. I'm sharing Hunter's second birthday today!My husband and I homeschooled our kids until high school. It was a great experience and all 3 seem to have turned out well so far. We raise a big garden, and have an orchard of dwarf fruit trees. I love baking, especially breads. I can, freeze and root cellar food. I sew, enjoy needlework and crafts and make wooden based lamps on a wood lathe. I have recently rediscovered how much fun it is to send and receive letters.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

mrssunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Tennessee
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  12:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Count me in as well. I am a stay at home mom of an 8 year old. I spend my days cooking, cleaning, and running errands. I have a lot of different interests - reading, baking, cross stitch, crochet, and quilting. I am about to take an online class on hand quilting, want to learn how to bake bread from scratch, and I am looking to start my first garden next year.

Thanks for adding my name to the list.

Lei
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  12:26:25 PM  Show Profile
Add me! I'm a housewife and I'm 49. I live in the countryside with my husband and 3 felines. I like paper crafts, gardening, bird watching, reading, walking, postcrossing, writing to our deployed military, organic living and more. I'd like to learn to sew. I can make a catnip sqaure, but I want to make my own night gowns, robes, pillow cases, lavender sachets ect.

STYX the Band rocks!
Support your local organic farmer.www.localharvest.org
Monsanto you Stink!!
Go to Top of Page

aliciarazvi
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Alicia
Stevens Point Wisconsin
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  12:45:58 PM  Show Profile
Please include me as well! I love having penpals!

My name is Alicia. I am a Muslim Mama living in a small community in WI. I am married and a mama of 3 kiddos (8, 3 and almost 2). We live in a new (to us) home on two acres and I homeschool.

My interests are in gardening, crochet, dotees, mail art, painting and decorating my home on a dime. I love swaps too and am trying out my first 'glamping' trip in September!

I will write anyone back to writes to me! I love this idea :)
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2013 :  5:52:53 PM  Show Profile
Count me in. I am a Christian mom of 3 young adults. I enjoy reading, camping and want to glamp someday. I like to sew, crochet, collect buttons and I love just about everything vintage. I enjoy wandering thru antique shops and flea markets and being outdoors and the beach! I have a garden and a small dog and hope to have a few chickens someday.. I will also write to anyone who writes me. thanks.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  11:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Count me in too!
I'm a Christian SAHM to four whom I'm homeschool, ages 4,6,10,11. I love to craft, sew, camp, and love to homestead. I've been canning and freezing a lot this year. I own my own business which I love because in enables me to stay home. It's a great tool to teach math too. :) We live on two acres but since it's mostly wooded I garden on my parents property and we share the bounty. My husband and I like to deer hunt together when possible. I love having pen pals! I will write anyone who writes! Can't wait to meet you!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  2:15:35 PM  Show Profile
I am a country girl at heart having been raised on a farm. Love to travel and enjoy corresponding with pen pals, love garage saleing and flea markets and consignment stores, reading and working with hospice. Love the farm girl website and meeting people through swaps. Am a Christian grandmother and hope to make some new friends. Thanks for this website for pen pals.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  10:44:31 PM  Show Profile
I am working on compiling all the information and hope to have it out to everyone this weekend - Please forgive me for being slow! Our youngest daughter (6 weeks old today) is having some pretty major health issues. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  04:54:47 AM  Show Profile
Shannon,
I am praying for both you and your daughter.
Take care of you too.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  05:13:46 AM  Show Profile
Please add me!
I am a Christian mom of 4 adults and gma to 5.
Got back into sewing and knitting after many years. Learning counted cross stitch as well.
Love to do container gardening on my apt balcony.

Looking forward to this!

Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  05:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Please add me!
I am a Christian mom of 4 adults and gma to 5.
Got back into sewing and knitting after many years. Learning counted cross stitch as well.
Love to do container gardening on my apt balcony.

Looking forward to this!

Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  09:24:10 AM  Show Profile
Shannon,
Praying for you both and adding you to my personal prayer list.

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  9:32:18 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to be added to this list!

I'm a Canadian Chistian homeschool mom of 3 - aged 7, 5 and 2. I love gardening, crafts, scrapbooking, needlepoint, reading, music.
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  04:52:42 AM  Show Profile
If there's still time, please add me.
I'm a Christian, working mom to one awesome 12-year old. I'm married to a humorous, sincere man.
This is my 20th year teaching middle school Language Arts and I totally love it.
I love to volunteer, yard sale, read, sew, stamp, decoupage, scrapbook and collect vintage things, especially post cards.
I love good old-fashioned mail and this would be so much fun!

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  3:11:27 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like fun.

I do not have kids, but have two cats and a dog. I work full time as a bookkeeper and am going back to school this semester to further my education. I am a vegetarian and enjoy many crafts including: scrapbooking, sewing, crochet, card making, jewelery making, gardening (or trying to) and photography. My husband and I are in the process of fixing up our first home - a fixer upper. I plan to get chickens and bees as soon as possible.

I can't wait to start pen pal-ing!

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are a little cracked.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  6:56:07 PM  Show Profile
I was working on compiling everyone's addresses tonight and comparing the e-mails I have received to the posts on here... there are 6 addresses I am still missing. If you have not e-mailed me your address, please do so soon, so I can e-=mail everyone the pen-pal list. Thanks! :D

Also, for anyone still interested in joining, there is no cut-off date! As people desire to be added (or deleted), I will continue to send out updates :)
Go to Top of Page

betmingo
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Betty
Athens Michigan
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  09:01:50 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join in! I try to send out cards, notes or little letters to my friends and would love to have new friends to send them too!

I am a teacher who loves all school supplies and other school things! I do many different craft things. I own a Cricut that I love to use for cards, scrapbooking, and the making of other crafts. I'm thinking of trying to get back into sewing or maybe taking up knitting (if I can teach myself!). Pink Flamingo's are my favorite! My boyfriend (will be more if he ever decides to ask!!!) and I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. I help my honey run his Auto Salvage business when I'm not teaching or working my retail job. I'm back in college to get an endorsement on my teaching license. Next spring I'm going to try my hand at gardening! I think that is about all that keeps me busy...
I'm excited to have some new friends to write to!!
Betty
Go to Top of Page

astone
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Amber
Casper WY
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  4:29:50 PM  Show Profile
I would love to join in. I am a 40 yr old mother of 4 and soon to be grandma for the first time in feb 2014. I love being outdoors. I'm fixing to get remarried next month and am totally excited. I am learning to ride a motorcycle which has been a lot of fun. I love to read, spend time with my family and travel. I'm beginning to learn about herbs and how to use them, very excited about that. I make candle melts (tarts), lotion, lotion bars, soaps, etc. I don't have a garden of any kind yet but we are moving next year so hopefully we can find a place that I can put in a garden. I really want a herb garden. I also love meeting new people.
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  6:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Would love to join the fun! THANKS Shannon for putting this together!
Everyone sounds so interesting!

I farm with hubby in the middle of the boonies & love it!....well most days! LOL I love new adventures & learning different ideas!
Our most important farm goal is to raise our animals in a loving & caring manner.
Our gardens are huge so I can a lot, bake (recently started a small baking business from our home), raise market flowers, sew, hand quilt, hand stitch, read (we don't have a TV), nature watching, crafts & having a good giggle once a day!
Hope to meet you all!
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  9:20:02 PM  Show Profile
How fun!

I'm a Christian sahm to 3 boys ages 13, 11, and 9. Oh and we homeschool. I haven't been active on the boards lately because we are working on adopting a 7 year old boy from Ethiopia. In my free time, (really?) I love to sit at my piano or with my flute and play. And I love to knit, sew, quilt, cook and bake.

Thanks for organizing all this!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Pen Pal - New Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page