Behappy
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Hope
Amery WI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  11:32:01 AM  Show Profile
When I first saw my first MaryJaneFarms Magazine, probably three years ago, I was also drawn to the cover. But with that, there was so much more when you open the magazine. The pictures, the stories, the recipes. I get my magazine and sit in a quiet place and read it from cover to cover. Sometimes more than once as it takes me back to old memories, or how I will continue to grow in the wonders of beauty that surround me, as the pictures carry me away.

I have just recently joined, and this is the first time I have posted anything. (I hope it works!) Who knows, I might even be inspired to start a blog? :)

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  12:44:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Hope. That's what I usually do when my MJF magazine comes in. I take it all in!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  2:02:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Hope and Bear!!!! Today as we plow through the layered, endless details of recipes and how-to crafts, this just makes our day!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1503 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  5:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
I just joined, too. I just LOVE the magazine! I picked up my first copy a couple of weeks ago. Tonight, my DH sat down and flipped through it, as well! :D He said it is very attractive to see women able to take to take care of themselves.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  07:47:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you gals that read cover to cover. I've been reading since almost the first edition. I would still love to get my hands on that first year or so. My husband found this as a local magazine there in Moscow (he grew up there) and MJ was featuring one of his old bosses which perked his interest and then as he looked at it he said, "This is written for my wife." Thank goodness he found it. I've been a subscriber almost since then. I love the day mine hits the mailbox. :)

~"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
— Oscar Wilde~

Farmgirl Sister #3214

http://lazymomgardener.wordpress.com/

http://littlehawkyarns.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  08:33:33 AM  Show Profile
My mine subscribed for me when I found how taken I was with the magazine, I love mags, but this one has the most special place. I keep these and read and re-read all the time. The information is so thoughtfully written and researched that I am confident that I'm not being fed a line of bull just to help someones bottom line. I know that I talk to friends and those that are just begining to question how to go about getting cleaner both in and out. And it presents those solutions in a way the are doable without spending mucho dollars to get to that goal. I love the books also I have some of the books on my wish list, for Christmas. HOPE HOPE HOPE
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  10:52:27 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Hope!!!! I too am inspired by the magazine. In fact, all that Mary Jane represents. She is in my life every day of the week. My family now know that Mary Jane comes first. She has been my inspiration for almost 4 years now. Her name comes up every day here, and hubby knows how much it means to me. I learned a lot from the magazines, and also the forums. Take a look at what everyone is posting about. I know you will love it here as I do.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

NancyOH1
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Nancy
Columbus Ohio
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  08:41:05 AM  Show Profile
I was first drawn to Mary Jane's when I bought a copy of her magazine in our local Tractor Supply store. I have been hooked ever since. It has gotten me into trying new things like cake decorating while enjoying things I currently do with my time to things I remember my mom, aunts, and grandmothr used to do whhen I was growing up. The stories and ideas both on her website and magazine are always great and filled with inspiration. It never fails that I will always find inspiration from other farmgirl sisters on the website as well. Thanks to Mary Jane and all the farmgirl sisters out there.
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  02:31:31 AM  Show Profile
I just adore anyone or anything that lives a simple but beautiful life!
Go to Top of Page

Judiquilts
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Judi
New Boston Michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  05:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Judiquilts a Yahoo! Message
I have been subscribing to the magazine for a couple of years,,,I too keep all the old issues and rarely share them. I always give my friends the subscription card from inside and tell them they will be the same with their copies...Decorating is what I would like to see more of in the magazine...how to put the reporposed stuff to use in a home. I read them cover to cover.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  09:12:35 AM  Show Profile
I have almost all the copies since the first one! It is a great magazine, and I love re-reading them.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  05:29:40 AM  Show Profile
I just ordered the pack of 6 magazines which begins with the second or third original magazine(I can't tell for sure as they are not obviously numbered for me to figure it out). I love these early magazines and all of the stories of how MaryJane launched her backpacking food business and all of her early life works! They are so beautifully done with the photographs and layout and tell the most amazing story of her as a young and determined entrepreneur. When I read the history, I cannot believe how lucky I was to find her magazine that one December. MaryJane was reaching out to women just like me and you and created a forum for us to share, learn and promote living life free of chemicals and rooted in the traditions of simple family life. With an invitation to put on an apron and start digging in the dirt, everyone who felt that FarmGirl Heart could join up. Such a simple idea. Such a powerful idea. Such an opportunity to learn and find new friends and skills. Such a life changing invitation to so many!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  09:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Even though I still have a subscription, I have saved all the old issues. I loved the older ones when Mary Jane first started the magazine. Very inspiring and I just love grabbing a cup of something and reading the whole thing right away when my new issues come. I do go back and read the first ones on occasion and I love the books she has one too! Those really get me focused on the things I love. So glad Mary Jane had a heart for this as it has drawn so many like minded women together. Even though I have a subscription to the magazine I always look for it at Tractor Supply when I go there.
I don't know if Mary Jane ever realized just what this would be when she first started it, but I am so glad she did!

hugs,
Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  5:52:39 PM  Show Profile
For me it was that big, beautiful book. I stumbled upon in 2006. I was so amazed that other women felt the same way I do about home, family and simple living. This was the first and only forum I have ever ventured on and I was pretty active for about 5 years until I let life get in the way. My children have grown and moved on and just yesterday I was sorting through my sewing/ craft supplies as I move them into my sons former bedroom. I truly do treasure MaryJane's books and the handful of magazines I own. Maybe even more special were the two scrapbooks FULL on cards, pictures and letters from the farm girl friends I have made. I decided yesterday that as life has brought me back to creating, it's also time to get back to reconnecting!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  10:34:29 PM  Show Profile
Well welcome back Bonnie!

Good to have you here and I know you will have fun.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  03:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Darlene! Seems like we are farm girl sisters and sisters in Christ!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  11:08:09 AM  Show Profile
Yay Bonnie! Nice to see you here again.

hugs,
Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 16 2014 11:08:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  11:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Denise! As I wait for news from the vet, I am looking through all the cards and goodies I have received from farm girl friends I like you in the past. Checking out to see who I know here and making new friends I hope! Feels like home today.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

judy12480
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Judy
Rapid City Michigan
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  10:48:53 AM  Show Profile
How do you start a rag rug? What tools so you use. How wide are the strips.

Northwestern Michigan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

shawneefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  11:07:30 AM  Show Profile
I too found my first magazine at our Tractor Supply store. I really felt this magazine was me in a nutshell. My family is from the city, so they all thought I was the odd duck in the family, and never never understood why whenever given the chance, I moved away to the country. I know in this forum, all you girls understand how I feel about living simpler lives. Growing your own food, canning, raising my wonderful little girls (chickens) and how my relaxation time is cleaning the chicken coop, or the horse stalls. I just love reading MaryJanes magazine from cover to cover more than once in a month, and I would never give up not one of my magazines, either.Learning about raising chickens was really important to me, and there has been a couple of articles along the way about those girls. But I do learn the most from you girls right here on the forum. This is the first place I head to when I have any kind of problem or question...we have just about everything on here! I will say that the looks of the magazine is different since I started reading it. One of the other things that drew me is the magazine reminded me of the older days, but now it seems to have a more modern look. But it won't keep me from renewing my subscription, though.And like Denise, I am so-o glad Mary Jane started all this!

I'll tell you the truth, if a man keeps my word, he will never see death." John 8:51
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  11:20:44 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jane represents what I live and how I would like to live. Lived on a real farm with pigs, cows, and all the crops for over 38 years. Have had bucket calves, delivered pigs, had a pet cow named Frank (who was a girl), grow a garden, take walks in the woods, watch the sunrises and sunsets, etc. That said I am still learning things like how to make cheese, make a good bread, just learned how to make healing salves. It is a never ending process to become the "perfect" stereotype person like Mary Jane. Her magazine allows me to obtain knowledge to live closer to my dream. It is my goal, but I better just be satisfied with accepting what I do achieve and move on and be grateful for the life I have.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  5:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Why not Mary Jane Farm. Mary Jane realized that putting her name on what she does helps everyone know what she stands for. It's an honest statement of what she has achieved and gives us something to admire and work towards. You go girl. Thanks

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  06:31:39 AM  Show Profile
I just love love this magazine. I bring it to work to read, looking at it cheers me up. Yesterday I got in the mail my farmgirl necklace #5766, I wore it all around the house yesterday, I was so proud.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  09:40:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for making my heart soar girls. This past week I had my meeting with my publisher for going over our yearly financials for the magazine.

We continue to marvel at how well our little humble magazine does after 15 years. I can't tell you how many people told me I'd never make it past 3-5 years. With other titles going under right and left, our newsstand sales are staying level (like my publisher said, "That's UP under present market conditions)." And our subscriber base continues to see tiny little increases every year. In other words, we're in the black. Thanks for having my back on this one. Like I always say, every single reader means the world to me. We can do this thing!!!!!!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  4:12:55 PM  Show Profile
No, thank-you MaryJane!! We are all healthier and living better by having your magazine in our lives. I can't imagine my life without it!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  8:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
So...when did the very first MJF magazines publish...? I would love to read or see some of the first ones!, I really enjoy MJF....OH and a Tractor Supply is coming to a town near me! I know it is similar to our farm n ranch store that has always been around....but hey...sumthin new...jus sayin...

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Why MaryJaneFarms? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page