Page: of 140

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  8:06:37 PM  Show Profile
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  09:32:48 AM  Show Profile
I love classical music; especially Beethoven's music. I found this quote by him: "Tones sound, and roar and storm about me until I have set them down in notes." Ludwig van Beethoven
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  12:01:51 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I loved the quote you shared, "Try looking at things from a different angle." Unknown
It works in so many ways, recipes, relationships, and problems.

I often think celebrity ideas are overrated, but I enjoy these quotes from Audrey Hepburn.
"I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow in another day, and I believe in miracles."
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  7:59:58 PM  Show Profile
Susan! I can't agree with you more about celebrities!!! Way over-rated in my books. However, Audrey Hepburn was one lady I liked.
I also believe in miracles.
"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." Corrie Ten Boom
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  08:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Marly,
We often don't realize how worry can poison our days, and waste our energies.

I found this in a magazine at the dentist's office, I'm not sure it would really be considered a quotation but it is something to consider.

"...women who appreciated their appearance, regardless of size, are sick 30% less often than those who wish they looked different."
American Journal of Public Health

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  08:54:18 AM  Show Profile
""Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." James Dean
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  3:29:30 PM  Show Profile
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  3:57:14 PM  Show Profile
All such good ones!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  8:00:53 PM  Show Profile
"Every moment wasted looking back keeps us from moving forward."
Hillary Clinton

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  8:07:45 PM  Show Profile
That's a good and true one Susan. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  09:20:27 AM  Show Profile
"The distance is nothing, it's only the first step that is difficult." Marquise du Deffand
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  07:20:50 AM  Show Profile
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
E.E.Cummings

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  08:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Susan, that is a good one. I'd like to add to that quote. "The most wasted of days is one without laughter", and the unconditional love of a cat or dog or pet.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  1:54:25 PM  Show Profile
The quote I posted this morning about laughter was shared in anticipation of getting together for brunch with our three grown kids and a couple of those who are dear in their lives. It was as much fun as I thought it would be. There is so much laughter to share and Rachel's boyfriend's 11 year old son joined us and fits right in. I miss the days around the table at home when they were kids, but love this so much because there are new things to share from different directions.

I think the addition of pets to it is great. How much they become part of a family! I loved a quote from my mom in her later years.
"If you talk to yourself as you get older, people think your mind is going, but you can talk to your dog as much as you want!"
Estelle

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  2:05:32 PM  Show Profile
Susan: I'm with your Mom on that one. I have long conversations with all of my cats. They are loving every word I say, I can just see it in their eyes, and their tails switching back and forth.
Thanks for sharing with us that enduring quote from your Mom. Hugs.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  2:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Susan, so glad you had a good time with your family and had some laughs.
Marly, I talk to my dogs all the time, they listen better than my DH and always look very interested in my opinion! I am sure your cats are the same.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  4:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Diane. Don't get me started talking about my cats and dogs. Here goes: My cats; Amazing Grace "Gracie", Audrey Hepburn, Moon Graffon, Pepper, and Nadia Comaneci are excellent listeners. And- all the dogs I've had listened very well. Luck Dog, who passed away about a year ago, had a bit of a staring problem. He would listen, then he'd just sit there and stare for hours. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  7:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes our pets have instincts we don't.
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either."
- Unknown

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  8:05:40 PM  Show Profile
"What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  1:28:42 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful quote, Marly.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying. "I will try again tomorrow."

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  4:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Good description of courage! I like that, Susan. Thanks for sharing.
On my cat calender there are five or six cats, but one is out of the group, by itself. The caption says, "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  09:03:29 AM  Show Profile
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  5:27:06 PM  Show Profile
"Some think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go."
Sylvia Robinson

This quote makes me think of a small child learning to walk. Now there is an act of determination!
Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  7:55:27 PM  Show Profile
Good quote Susan. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  8:06:46 PM  Show Profile
"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." Unknown author
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page