Page: of 140

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:36:18 PM  Show Profile
"Beware of false Knowledge, it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:37:38 PM  Show Profile
"My father said there were two kinds of people in the world: givers and takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better." Marlo Thomas
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:38:25 PM  Show Profile
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Mahatma Gandhi
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:39:16 PM  Show Profile
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." Vince Lombardi
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:40:20 PM  Show Profile
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." Harriet Tubman
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:41:40 PM  Show Profile
"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever." The Notebook
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:42:19 PM  Show Profile
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." Oscar Wilde
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:43:16 PM  Show Profile
"Kiss of the sun for pardon. Song of the birds for mirth. You're closer to God's heart in a garden than any place on earth." Dorothy Frances Gurney
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:04:53 PM  Show Profile
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." Mark Twain
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:05:30 PM  Show Profile
"Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines." Robert H. Schuller
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:06:09 PM  Show Profile
"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." Henry David Thoreau
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:06:40 PM  Show Profile
"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." Robert Byrne
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:39:17 PM  Show Profile
"Goodness is about character- integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people." Dennis Prager
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:39:54 PM  Show Profile
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C. S. Lewis
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:41:26 PM  Show Profile
"Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Thomas Edison
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:42:11 PM  Show Profile
"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." Marcus Aurelius
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:42:45 PM  Show Profile
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." Joseph Campbell
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:43:24 PM  Show Profile
"My life is my message." Mahatma Gandhi
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:44:20 PM  Show Profile
"The woods hold not such another gem as the nest of the hummingbird. The finding of one is an event." John Burroughs
Marly

Go to Top of Page

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  9:44:45 PM  Show Profile
I've been thinking a lot about technology lately and whether or not its benefits outweigh the negatives. I fear this quote sums up my concerns quite nicely:

"Men have become the tools of their tools."
-Henry David Thoreau

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  2:42:30 PM  Show Profile
Laura, I have been thinking the same thing! Good quote.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  6:05:15 PM  Show Profile
I keep this quote by Albert Einstein at work:"I fear the day that human technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  12:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Cindy: Good quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fear the same thing, but I have been told that is impossible. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Of course, I have to admit, I do enjoy some of the technology, but I can go for weeks without the phone or computer.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  12:26:46 PM  Show Profile
"Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive." Leah LaBelle
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  12:27:36 PM  Show Profile
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." Beverly Sills
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page