True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  11:59:54 AM  Show Profile
"Adversity is wisdom's testing ground." Henry Alford
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  1:26:06 PM  Show Profile
"The more you are focused on time-past and future-the more you miss the now, the most precious thing there is. Life is now." Eckhart Tolle
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  1:27:31 PM  Show Profile
"I learned not to let compliments go to my head, nor criticisms my heart." John Hope Bryant
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  3:58:23 PM  Show Profile

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  11:59:30 AM  Show Profile
Susan, I love, love, love that quote. How true!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  12:02:17 PM  Show Profile
"We all have to do the best we can, and really appreciate what works, even where there's plenty that doesn't. During the hard times, there are those poignant moments that shore you up and help you grasp on to the best of life." Lindsay Nielsen
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  1:51:12 PM  Show Profile
"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

I love this one and see in it; raising children, providing a safe and loving home, growing a garden, preserving food, cooking, tending livestock, and sharing kindness with those around us.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  8:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Walk on the rainbow trail;
Walk on a trail of song,
And all around you will be beauty.
There is a way out of every dark mist,
Over a rainbow trail.

Navajo song

There is something so beautiful about this one!
Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  2:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Hope is a thing
with feathers
That perches in the soul
and sings the tune
without the words,
And never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  9:11:49 PM  Show Profile
"Between every two pine trees is a doorway to another world".--John Muir
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  3:47:48 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I love that one!

"There is so much in the world for us all if we only have the eyes to see it, and the heart to love it, and the hand to gather it to ourselves....."
Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874-1942)

When I find the years for the life of a quoted writer, I find it fascinating to think of their time, and how our world is the same and how it is different.
Susan

Mary Oliver

Edited by - Cindy Lou on Feb 09 2015 3:48:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  7:19:53 PM  Show Profile
"Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible; and suddenly, you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  07:46:37 AM  Show Profile

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:09:57 AM  Show Profile
"Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something. More important, never tell yourself that." Robin Roberts
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:11:46 AM  Show Profile
"When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there." Zig Ziglar
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:23:42 AM  Show Profile
"In some cases we learn more by looking for the answer to a question than we do from learning the answer itself." Lloyd Alexander
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:25:12 AM  Show Profile
"Children may close their ears to advice, but may open their eyes to example." Patricia Hoolihan
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:26:34 AM  Show Profile
"Everyone has a 'risk muscle.' You keep it in shape by trying new things. If you don't, it atrophies. Make a point of using it at least once a day." Roger Von Oech
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:40:12 PM  Show Profile
"Once you can laugh at your own weaknesses, you can then move forward. Comedy breaks down walls. It opens up people." Goldie Hawn
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:41:13 PM  Show Profile
"Don't be pushed by your problems. Instead, be led by your dreams." Liz Sawyer
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:42:39 PM  Show Profile
"Every human being is destined for happiness. Every form of negativity is like darkness, which disappears as soon as you light the light of peace, piety and unity." David Lynch
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:55:14 PM  Show Profile
"Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are." Rabbi Harold S. Kushner
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:55:59 PM  Show Profile
"The secret to having it all is not haveing to have it all." Beth Becker
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  12:38:30 PM  Show Profile
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world." Candis Goodwin
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  12:40:03 PM  Show Profile
"The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle.'" ??
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page