Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  08:46:54 AM  Show Profile
I love reading all your stories about family. I'm sorry for those of you with absent children. They are missing out for sure. It always seems to be the wife that creates the riff. Too much competition I guess. I worry about that with my two boys. So far I'm ok.

Marianne, your mom sounds like she was quite a head of her time.

I'm finally at ease about my jobs. I have done my part, turning in resumes and cover letters. It's all in the hands of the Universe or God. Whichever you hold your beliefs. I had an interesting thought this morning. As much as I want to move back to California, the thought of putting almost $1000 away each month with the job here sounds like a much better plan. Then when I find a job in Calif. I want I'll have the resources to do it right. I might have to whine about being here for another 2 years, but I would have enough money to buy a little mobile home in a park in the forest I like. But as we all know, there is a higher power in charge. I'm just finally at peace about it. Or maybe it's just the awesome coffee
I'm drinking this morning. Lol

Gypsy, you should be doing something creative! Get that sewing out, or work on that amazing doll. That man will be here soon enough! If I was there I would get you going on something fun!

I researched the paleo diet. I don't think I can do it. It is only lean meats, veggies and fruits. No grains of any kind or dairy. No potatoes ...I don't think I would do very well. So I'm going to just try to eliminate all grains. I just took out wheat based grains before. It will be hard enough. I can't take out the dairy. My favorite snack is an apple and jack cheese.

Today is finally cloud free. I love the rain but I want nice weather for my fabric sale this weekend. It is either moving money or fix the truck money. I'm hoping for a crowed.

Time for work and another algebra test. I'm pulling a strong C. I'm good with that. I have two classes hanging on to B's and I'll get at least two A's. so a little bit of everything this quarter.

Later everyone. Hope you get to enjoy some sunshine!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  12:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Sherone, you make such a great and important point. Everyone should have a Durable Power of Atty made up for whomever they want to make end of life or healthcare decisions if you are unable and also an Advanced Directive that outlines exactly what measures you would like to have to maintain your life. There are free forms for every state available at www.TotalLegal.com. I really urge you all to take the time to talk to the important people in your lives about this subject. It is so much easier to talk about it when it "doesn't seem real" than when it is eminent. Our healthcare provider has a sheet with discussion topics that dh, dd and I all sat down and talked about so that she would know our feelings. I feel so strongly about this because my father refused to sign an Advanced Directive literally on his deathbed. After he lost consciousness, it was on our shoulders to make a decision that had to be made. It would have been MUCH easier if he had been able to face it and remove this burden from us. He had terminal cancer, there was no choice.

So, we have slipped into a very serious subject, as we do from time to time. But, as always, we won't stay there for long. . .

I just returned from returning my neighbors two pet pigs to her acreage. I was scared when I saw a gray back in my lavendar. I initially thought, "wolf?" Thankfully, it was Laverne. Shirley was right behind, as usual. Dh headed out the lower level and I grabbed some stale marshmallows and met him out around front. I had grabbed a rake because I am not a fan of Roscoe, the rooster. Dh had the pigs through the first and second sets of gates. He had left the second set open because he didn't realize we would be joined by Larry, the llama, and Angie, the horse (obviously prenamed before she became my neighbor's horse!). So, I got the gate closed and then found that although Dh had the pigs at their pen, there was no gate, door, opening of any sort. Hmmm. Guess there was no plan for them to ever leave. Conveniently the fencing panels were stapled to the outside of the four by fours. (Also, convenient for Laverne and Shirley, who just pushed their way out of the pen, no digging required.) So, Dh widened the opening by popping off the remaining staples and tried to lure the piggies back in. Laverne went. Shirley hesitated and hesitated. Larry was looming, Roscoe was crowing, Angie would appear and disappear to graze. It took about 45 minutes, but we left the neighbor's animals safely within their confines and headed home.

Bunny, so glad for your relaxed view of the future. I tend to freak out for a bit and then calm down, too. Like I always say, "It'll work out. It has to."

I always wanted a lot of kids. My back said NO! I was fortunate to have survived childbirth with just a broken spinal fusion. I complained about it to the OB/GYN afterwards. He looked at me and said, "Everyone hurts after childbirth." I thought not being able to sit was a bit extreme, but he told me to give it time. Two years later it showed up in an xray as an old injury that had healed kinda ok on its own. I definitely felt vindicated. I knew I wasn't a whiner. I certainly would have been a better candidate for a C-section than natural birth.

Hope you are having a lovely day,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  3:48:39 PM  Show Profile
Marianne, what a wonderful doctor. NOT! I hate when they just make generalizations. My oldest broke my tailbone on the way out. Eager as ever to get on with life. He is still the same.

Sounds like your neighbor needs a little help keeping the farm intact.

Bnny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  6:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Marianne how nice of you to walk the neighbor's pigs back to their pen instead of calling and whining on the phone. My neighbor is a whiner. I do like the names of he animals. Is she going to eat the pigs?

My mother was the first in her family to go to college. My grandmother made it through the eighth grade and then left school to work in the gramophone factory in Bridgeport, Connecticutt to help support the family. My granny married at 27 had my mother at 28 and her husband died in an accident when she was thirty. My mother graduated with a degree in history. she went to Cape Cod to work as a waitress after college and met my father. He used to take her to the gay bars in Provincetown on their dates because the men would not bother her while they dined. She was a talented painter and sewer. She was a great cook. Unfortunately she inherited a genetic nasty from her father and died of it when she was 48. My father said she was not supposed to have children and they never expected her to live as long as she did. He loved her with all his heart. She birthed four of us. We were all c sections. We were all the first surgeries in the morning. The genetic nasty was polycystic kidneys and liver.

Today was very warm and sunny with high humidity. We went to the park in the morning with the littles and took Talie to the bus to go to his baseball game in the afternoon.

We had ham, squash and baked rolls for supper.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  8:44:54 PM  Show Profile
Holly, your mom sounds like she was pretty progressive for her time, too. She did a lot of living for only 48 years. So sorry you lost her so early. Isn't it nice to know your folks were the loves of each other's life? Dh lost his dad when he was 15. His mom remarried, but it was always obvious that his father was the love of her life. She was widowed twice. Kinda tough.

We do a lot of walking our neighbor's pets back home. All animals there are pets, not for consumption. We are always thanked, but it can be tiresome.

We are still working on getting rid of all the skin tags on my neck. The left side of my neck is pretty smooth! The right side is getting there. I am so excited about being able to wear necklaces again. It has been quite some time since I have been able to wear a necklace comfortably.

Tomorrow we are supposed to have sunshine and warm temps. We are planning on working outside in the afternoon since the farrier is scheduled to come and it is tough to count on him being right on time. It is just easiest to be available for whenever he might show up. The horses have some thrush. Common for this time of year. With the trimming it will be all gone. Sure is stinky, though.

Hope you are having a lovely evening,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  9:35:59 PM  Show Profile
I got a call for an interview for the California job.....for tomorrow. Apparently the admin ( the person that has the job now, my friends daughter) did not look at my résumé and see that I'm in Oregon. The plant manager didn't see it either. The admin thought I was already living there. But when I asked about staying in her house after she moves to her new job, she said her mom had said something about it. So I'm not sure why she didn't figure out I'm not in California. I asked if we could Skype the interview and mentioned I had put that in my cover letter. She said she had seen that. So all this means....I don't think she is very observant. I could so do this job!
I may have to go without packing my furniture and kitties right away. I might just go down, find someone to stay with for a few months and save enough money to get my own place. My son would probably help me move after that.

It will be interesting how this works out.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  9:46:12 PM  Show Profile
I sure hope they can be a bit creative with the interview process. Phone interviews are the norm these days even for interviews in the same city. Everyone seems to want to have as little contact as possible anymore ... Fingers crossed for ya, Bunny. I agree that she isn't too observant or detail-oriented. Good omens? Let's just say, YES. Keep us posted.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  06:19:26 AM  Show Profile
Yay, Bunny! I am praying this will go well for you!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  07:14:26 AM  Show Profile
So today's Save The Pigs trip was completed by 6:15 am. I guess our neighbor thought we had completely fixed the pen and just left everything like we had it ...

It made for an earlier start to the day than we desired. I mean, we were up having coffee, but we weren't exactly hoping to lead some pigs on a walk and try to lure them into their pen while our neighbor apparently finished breakfast or something before she met us there. Not that I am getting a chip on my shoulder. ;)

Oh, our neighbor did give us a bag of marshmallows to replace the one we used to lead the pigs home twice!

Catch up with you later.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  08:13:05 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm thinking its not quite time to move back to Calif. I just can't figure out the finances. Plus, I don't have a place to live. Even if I just go down and stay with a friend for free for a few months, I still have to figure out how to come back to get my kitties and furniture. A trip that will cost about $1700.00. I'm bummed. I haven't given up yet, have to have an interview first. I guess anything could still happen. But to fix my truck to make the trip enough to pull a trailer, deposits on a place to live plus rent and money to get me through the month. Sigh. We will see.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  12:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Bunny,
Hoping it all works for the best for you.

I am excited and nervous about dh's job interview next week. We have been waiting a very long time for something to open up and there have been openings but this is the first time he has been called for an interview. The day after the interview we are planning to leave and get my dad moved out of his place and put it on the market. Praying it will sell quickly and for a good price. He is in a nice area so it should but you never know how the market is going to be.
Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful day!

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  12:05:12 PM  Show Profile
Marianne~ I was wondering what are you doing to get rid of the skin tags. I have them terrible around my neck.

farm girl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  3:16:14 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Foolish me I did not type this note on a pad and then I hit some button and now the battery is fading and I need to pick up Talie.

We have had a lovely day. Know that I wrote nice notes to each of you that disappeared into the ether and I will try again another time.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  4:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, reality can be harsh, but I am glad you are still "in the game."

Holly, you know you aren't the only one who has written disappearing posts! Nice to hear from you as always. Thinking of you.

Denise, Best of luck to your husband. It has been a very difficult few years for just about everyone. I hope this is the break you need. And fingers-crossed for you a quick sale of your dad's house ... naturally at a great price! I am used one of the wart kits that freeze the warts off your fingers or feet. Actually, dh is using it because I can't see my neck well enough to do it to myself. I have one side almost smooth! The other side has some pretty ugly dark dying pieces attached still. It is taking about three "freezes" to get the smaller ones ( at like 6 seconds a time, then we wait a day or two and hit it for six seconds again ). Our doctor told us we could do this because insurance considers it cosmetic and his fee is about $200 a pop. He said, "Have a nice dinner out instead!" (That would be several nice dinners!) Let me know if you want more info.

Had two more trips to the neighbor's today. I won't bore you. It has reached ridiculousness.

Hope you all have a lovely evening,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  4:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I do hope everything works out for you. Good luck with your fabric sale, also.
Holly, sorry you lost your post. That happens so often to the best of us. We will be cool this weekend, so you probably will get that way by midweek. Only supposed to be in the 40s for the high on Sunday. We do keep our bedroom window open, so good to get cool fresh air at night.
Marianne, Maybe you and hubby should go into the pig herding business!!! LOL!!! I am sure you have better things that you could be doing instead.
Denise, good luck to hubby on his job interview, and also moving your dad and the sale of his house. Sounds like you will be busy for awhile.
Sherone, hope all is well with you.
I worked today, could not wait for the day to get done. I am tired today. My bruised shoulder is healing nicely. Another week or so and the bruise should be all gone. It has been cool, but I am enjoying the sun, and the birds. We have a pair of cardinals coming to our feeders. This is the first time that I have seen any in this city, although they have been around, just not here. What beautiful birds they are!!!!We have a lot of different kinds of trees in our neighborhood, so we get a lot of different birds, even a falcon!!! The birds start their day around 4 a.m. but I love that sound. They are all so cheerful and rested early in the morning. That gets me up earlier to start my day.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  6:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Ho Ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA again because, it's summer and I've been busy, busy. But before I get to read about 10 pages, I just want to say a couple of things. Keep Janiee in your thoughts and prayers. I'm not sure where in OK she is, but as I type this there are massive tornado's in OK right now and it worries me. Also, please keep my friends Diana and Wade and family in your prayers too.

Last Friday I was laid up in bed again with my back and finally got it together to email my friend Diana about the tornado's last week as they live in Edmund, OK. Well, she called me back and surprised me by saying they were in Cape Cod and she didn't want to be be impolite but her hubby was willing to drive her up here to see me if I would let them. LET THEM?? You betcha! This is a very good friend of mine from the age of 12 until I left MN at 24!!! I haven't seen her in 35 years! So, they came up and spent a few days with us and it was so uplifting for me and we had such a wonderful wonderful time. I can't tell you how much I needed that visit! Now, they just got home today and there's more tornado's. So keep them in your prayers along with our friend Janiee.

OMG, also St. Louis, Wisconsin, and Ill. too! Too much, way to much. Having lived through far to many of these, this is too much.

Anyway, I'm alive and don't mean to drop off the radar, just busy.

Ginny

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques
www.etsy.com/shop/thedewhopinn

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  6:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jan, I miss the cardinals so much. They are such pretty birds, especially against the snow. I hope you see them often! Maybe they have eggs. That would be so cool. Glad to hear that your shoulder is healing. Something like that takes a long time to completely heal. Be gentle with yourself.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  9:50:16 PM  Show Profile
Denise, sending good thoughts for hubby's interview.

I have a Skype interview for Tuesday morning. I have been hauling fabric from the basement all day for my sale tomorrow. I had a lady I knew ask if she could come today and I figured why not. She spent $171.00 then another friend came by and bought some fabric. I've made over $200.00 so far. I only have $3100 to go. Lol. My son might have a friend with a place I can live for free for a while. I figure I either need 3300.00 or a free place to live until September. I doubt I will make the money tomorrow but I'm thinking about doing it again next weekend too. Who knows this might work out. I of course still need to actually get the job and be able to do it. But things are looking positive.

Praying for everyone in the path of tornadoes. I'll go through a California earthquake anyday.

Well, I'm beat. Got to get up early tomorrow.

Night everyone.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  05:29:15 AM  Show Profile
So much has been posted since I have been on my trip to CA. The weather was perfect and it was so wonderful watching my middle granddaughter graduate from college. Shie is hoping to get a job at Paramount Studios and we shall see what happens. I loved seeing my beautiful Pacific Ocean with the best waves of all. I miss that ocean so much even though I live only 4 miles from the shore here in Florida.

I was able to visit with all the grandchildren, my daughter and her DH and 2 lovely nieces that I have known since they were little girls.

So now I am back and working at reading all the posts that I missed.

Have a great weekend and I pray for the safety of all those in wake of the tornadoes.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  09:33:13 AM  Show Profile
Nancy so nice you had a good time visiting with your family! I love the ocean. Of course I love the mountains too. I told my husband at least that gives us some choices if we ever decide to move.
Have fun catching up.

farm girl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  5:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Just a quick check in--good to see Ginny and Nancy post again.

Bunny, they say the harder you work, the luckier you get, so you sure qualify for some good luck. I admire your true grit!!

I too am interested in the stories about raising a large family. And, yes, just the laundry alone is mind blowing. I think one thing you have to do is teach them responsibility and sharing chores very early on. Which is a good thing. My little granddaughter is the most spoiled child I have ever seen. She is adopted, and her parents are older than the norm, and that makes a difference I guess. so even though I love her with all my heart, she is a bit of a pain to be around, and as she approaches pre-teen years, it gets worse.

I'm about to get very busy. My son and his family arrive from Hawaii on June 12 for a couple of weeks, and then on July 5 I leave for Canada, and when I get back, my apartment in Austin will be ready and I will be busy getting moved in and settled in. Also I have an offer on one of my properties that I'm having to do a ton of paperwork on, and a building that I'm listing for sale is a real mess and needs a lot of work, most of which will be done by me. All that stuff I've just tossed in there because I had room to do it, figuring I'd deal with it another time, well, the time is now. Not going to move it again. I'm being forced to do a garage sale,(first one ever, so you can imagine the crap I've accumulated) and Ebay, and probably Etsy, too. My problem is I don't know how to price anything.

You are so right Bunny, I need a kick in the pants to quit moping around and get to work. Had a very long phone conversation this morning with my true love and he is having just as hard a time being apart as I am, so that at least makes me feel better.

Nancy I'm envious that you got to go to California. I once lived in Fountain Valley, so close to Huntington Beach, and I really enjoyed my time there. I've been to San Francisco, San Jose, Monterrey, and all along Big Sur, and it is so beautiful. Carmel by the Sea being the crown jewel of that area, I guess. I have always wanted to drive the Hwy 1 all the way up to Washington State. Maybe I will yet. My other favorite place is Florida. Love being around the water. I also love the mountains, but only to visit. Somehow I don't want to live in the mountains, not sure why.

On my 70th birthday I will be hiking in the Canadian Rockies, seeing lake louise, and staying in a quaint little town in that area in a British Inn, pub and all. Yep, cant get away from the fish and chips with a Guinness to wash it down. Of course you know who decided where to stay. I will not be getting married. The immigration issue would be huge so we are going to plan B. Using a proper attorney. I'll be 70 in July and he will be 69 in September and we are both still amazed that we got another shot at the "happily ever after" and we are gonna get it right this time.

Well I hear the thunder in the distance so looks like another storm headed this way. We had a very late spring this year, thinking we would not have spring at all, but the rains finally came, and we have beautiful greens and reds and yellows everywhere, and finally some baby deer. little bambis everywhere. The hill country is magical this time of year.

Hope everyone is having a safe and pleasant weekend.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  6:30:01 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, sounds like you have your hands full. Why don't you wait until B is here to help you with your garage sale. Four hands make lighter work. I wish I lived closer, I could help you. I have done many myself. I think not getting married is fine. I figure most people over the age of 40 unless someone needs some financial security... why bother. I wish I hadn't married my second husband. If I hadn't needed insurance and retirement, I probably wouldn't have.

Speaking of garage sales... I had my fabric sale today... $1771.00. Yeah, I'm that good! I did my calculations and if I can find a place to stay rent free for two months, I will have it made. I'll be able to move back to California. That is assuming of course I get the job. That would give me two months to save up enough for a deposit and I'll need extra deposit money for kitties. I'm kind of amazed I figured it out. My son has some friends that may let me live in their empty apartment if I clean and paint. They are doing repairs so I have a little leeway until they rent it out.

Homework is calling.

Bunny

By the way Gypsy, Carmel is my favorite place of all time. I would love to live there! I would need some big bucks to be able to afford that though. FYI, Brad Pitts mom lives there and he used to visit with Jennifer all the time.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  04:02:03 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, you are not only very creative you are a wonderful salesperson. I am so happy that your sale went so well and that you can move forward with your plans. You deserve a great future as you have worked so very hard.

I just learned that my middle GD has landed a job in the casting department at Paramount. She has worked so hard this last year and I know she will do well.

Darlys, you must be so excited that in just a few weeks you will be up in Oakhurst enjoying your time with Larry. It was wonderful meeting him and his mother. I had so much fun with you. And oh my, that Hula Pie!

Take care ladies,

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  09:14:14 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, that is wonderful about your granddaughter's job. She must be so excited!

Darlys, If I get this job, I will be just a few hills over from you! I'm hoping to move to somewhere around Twain Harte. Maybe we will be able to meet some weekend.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  3:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey all, I am here and up to my ears in moving & stuff now that the SOLD sign is out. The Cupertino house closes 6/11. We signed off on everything last week. We were so fortunate - and the family moving in is really wonderful. No contingencies and free rent back until June 17th. They promised to love it and put even more love into it. They are young with two little boys. They love the outdoors and wrote us a nice letter about themselves and saying how much they love our home. We had 9 offers and 3 counter offers. Our realtors did a great job.

The virtual tour was a bit of a disappointment. Everything looked "wrong" and somewhat distorted -- the livingroom looked so reddish ... and actually the walls are a pale green! I could go on and on ... but it's all done now. (Ginny, behind that bookcase door, is a pantry/broom closet and further inside (under the stair area) are the backs of the living room TV's electronic's cubbies. The louvered doors hide the washer and dryer.)

I will probably continue to be out of touch for a bit as we are still "in motion" -- the big move happens next weekend with grandson muscle on board and the follow-up (mop up) the following week. Then we will be doing a lot of unpacking and figuring out where to put stuff .... etc. Then company is coming the weekend after that - for a week's stay. It just is never ending ... or so it seems.

Did have so much fun with Nancy in Huntington Beach last weekend.

Gypsy - your life is certainly full ... but then, you ARE full of life. It all comes together eventually.

Honey Bunny ... you won't be that far away. And we will be traveling 49 to Jackson and back every now and again. I do hope all works out well for you. Congratulations on your sale! Chances are looking good that you will be back in CA and, when that is firmed up, we will plan a rendezvous for sure.

Well, this was only supposed to be a minute's worth of chatter and I've gone on far too long already. It's back to sorting through bags and boxes. I have to figure out the placement of a whole 'nother house worth of stuff. (There WILL be a garage sale, but probably will store excess stuff in DH's shop until fall.)

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page