darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  8:06:42 PM  Show Profile
Our Gypsy is in good spirits. Doctor was running a bit late but surgery went well and she is fine.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  8:22:35 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, thank you so much, I've been thinking about her and hoping that she was ok. Send a squeeze from one of the new over 50 hens here and tell her to feel better soon =}

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  8:48:46 PM  Show Profile
OK I am way out of the loop. How did I get to the islands and what did
gypsy have surgery for?
I will try to do better at keeping in touch.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  10:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Annika - will let her know. She'll be back soon and I know she will appreciate it.

Thelma - you squeezed into my suitcase alongside of the others as soon as you started feeling spunky. We got here the Sunday after Thanksgiving and will be heading back Sunday. We all knew you would spice up holiday season in Maui. I got a pic of Santa giving out gifts to very short citizens -- under the Banyan Tree (lighting was Saturday evening at 6:30). You and Holly and Bunny, however, were down Front Street in the souvenier shops...Christmas shopping - ho - ho - ho! The others were running rampant, probably in the bars drinking Mai Tais or Pina Coladas. It's hard to keep track of the wild women, you know.

Gypsy best described her surgery a couple of pages back. It was essentially the same one I had in February. She's resting now and I'm betting she will be pampered by her daughter and family and will recoup gradually allowing them to take care of her that she will be in fine form again soon.

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  05:07:32 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick drop in to say how much I am enjoying my "trip" to Maui with Darlys and the other girls. So much to eat and drink. I hope my bikini will fit by the time we are leaving. Oooooh, that Hula pie. Maybe we can go back to Dukes again for some more.

So glad to hear that our sweet Gypsy is doing fine and will be staying with her daughter for TLC as she recovers.

Thelma you are such a dear. We all love hearing from you whenever you can. How is Santa? Are you two getting ready for the big Christmas day?

I am off to my sewing group today. I dreamed last night that I was making this huge quilt for someone and they picked out the ugliest fabric for it. I was really having a hard time putting it together. I think I need to make a doll.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  06:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy, that is a nightmare. Could you imagine having to do all that work on a quilt with ugly fabric. Torture. Enjoy your sewing group. Sorry I missed wishing you and Leon a Happy Anniversary! Hope it was special.

Darlys, congratulations on the celebration of your anniversary, as well. Sounds like it was a lovely day together. Thank you for keeping us up to date on Gypsy. So glad it went well. Enjoy your last few days in paradise.

Thelma, glad to hear from you. You sound in great spirits. But, we all know you are not one to complain.

Yesterday it was 50 degrees here, or 17 degrees above our normal for the day. By this weekend, we will be in the teens, or 20 degrees below our normal. What's normal anymore?! Such a swing in temperature is tough on the animals outside. (And the people who care for them.)

I think I get to stay home today!! Always nice to know you don't have to chase around, isn't it? I have a couple gifts to wrap and it is nice to have the time and energy to do them up really pretty. Also might do some baking.

I also have some items I inherited from my family that I am ready to part with. I suppose I will take them to a local antique shop and put them on consignment. Does anyone have any experience doing this sort of thing? I am a complete novice.

Well, Hope to hear from you all later. A few days ago, Holly reported that she was the only one to post on the forum in about 24 hours. I think there are less posts site-wide than a year ago by quite a bit. Do you gals agree?

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  07:58:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Maryland where the weather is really crazy. Way warmer then it should be. The chickens are loving it - running all over scratching & fertilizing my garden. Great day for having a 'me day'. I'm going to get my hair cut & my nails done.

Prayers to everyone and have a great day!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  09:16:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! A belated Happy Anniversary to Nancy and Darlys! And Nancy, that sounds like a dreadful dream! I hope that everyone is in good spirits today =} Marianne, the weather is just nuts this year! It's 39 and raining here and supposed to get down in the teens in a few days. Yipes! The poor beasts and poor us, we don't know from one minute to the next what to expect. Climate change is wreaking havoc all over and it's rather frightening. Last summer and autumn it was so tinder dry and we had two large field fires within a mile of my house.

We got a slender fir tree yesterday and I've got it out keeping cool and moist on the porch until this weekend, but I couldn't resist trimming off a few low branches to put in a large french flower pot so that I could smell the wonderful scent! I'm really trying to beat this cold and have all but lost my voice, likely much to DH's relief ;) but I'm still hoping to go to our local Santa parade with all of the kiddies and friends tomorrow night. Mugs of hot cocoa and excited little faces are such a lot of fun and really put me in the Christmas mood.

Yesterday I put together two small and one large square wreath frames, I've decided to go to something a little different this year. I've collected a huge number of pine cones and am going to attempt to wire them to the frame and with a spray of green from my ponderosa and a big bow...I am horrible at crafts so we shall see if this works.

Otherwise I'll be sticking close to home and organizing recipes and making supply lists for baking supplies. I bought a full pork loin yesterday because it was at such a great price and we wanted to have a slice of a stuffed one for dinner on Christmas eve. I've cut it up and froze it so now I'm looking for creative ways to cook it. I do this all the time, buy something that strikes my fancy and then scramble to figure out how to use it.

Btw, Kathy, that sounds lovely! Enjoy your "me" day =}

Anyway, I'll pop back in later, have a fun day all!

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  2:30:42 PM  Show Profile
I am home safe and sound. No surprises this time. Very little pain
Thank you all for your sweet thoughts and prayers it means the world to me

Darlys where are those pool boys??

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  4:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Annika, I think your pine cone and fir wreath sounds lovely. Give yourself some crafting credit for thinking of it, at least, and I bet the finished result will be pleasing.

Gypsy, Wouldn't this be the time that the pool boys are delayed? So nice to hear from you. And so glad the pain is minimal and the outcome was as expected. Watch out for the third day ... it always seems to get ya! Just when you think you are recovering well...BAM. So, let's see, don't make plans for Thursday. Just sayin' Meanwhile, good thoughts, energy, prayers coming your way. Oh, and pool boys.

I had some great luck today. DH went to a class today for CE credit for his hearing aid dispensing license. And his gift was delivered. If he had been here, I would have been completely busted. The box said Williams Sonoma and Pizza Stone all over the outside. Thank you very much! Anyway, the present is wrapped and the box is hidden. Surprise! So nice to actually be able to have a secret gift. I know you gals know what I mean.

Got some sewing done today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

As most of you know, I talk to Dd often on the phone. She called this morning on her way to work and was telling me about one of her friends here at home that she had visited with on the phone the day before. While we were talking, Dh called MIL to save me my daily call to her. Well, MIL did not answer and as I have told you (complained about) she didn't have her answering machine on so he couldn't leave a message that he would call back. Her phone announces who is calling, so she knew the call was from her son on his cell phone. But, she called me, on the home phone, which I don't ignore due to her age, so I had to cut off Dd and switch over to MIL. Who said, "Did Daddy call me?" (Insert here yet another pet peeve of mine: My MIL calls her son, my husband, "Daddy" when she refers to him in conversation with me.) I replied, "I don't know if Mike called you." She said, "Well, I called you because I didn't want to bother him. Is he off to work?" (Insert another complaint: "Off to work???" The man works at home and has for more than ten years, so where would he be off to?) So, I took the phone down to Dh, who was on the ellyptical exercising, and handed it to him. MIL told him, "I'm about to leave to get my hair done, I don't have time to talk." Dh hung up. And said, "Mar, you look annoyed ..." Perceptive.

We rented a movie for tonight, "Hope Springs" with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones. Love both of them.

have a lovely evening,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  5:54:25 PM  Show Profile
I am not even going to attempt to address each of you individually right now, have been MIA too much lately. I am still coughing, but feel so much better. I got out today and did some shopping. Did a load of laundry, and made meatloaf, baked potatoes and steamed broccoli for supper. It tasted so good, but coffee still has a funny taste to it. I get that icky taste when on pain meds or antibiotics. A few more days and all will get back to normal, hopefully.
Gyspy, glad your surgery went well and you are doing well. Be sure to take it easy and not overdo it now. Would love to see pictures of your new temporary place. How lucky you are to be pamered by all those poolboys!! LOL!!!
Hope all are doing well. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  11:12:49 PM  Show Profile
This morning we woke up to no electricity. No lights, no internet, no tv, no room phones,no nothing. (Everyone was on their cell phones trying to find out what was going on.) Seems there was an explosion and fire a bit before 7 a.m. and several miles - about 400 homes and some hotels, resort villas (ours included) and numerous businesses were without power. We should hear about it on the news tonight.

It was beautiful and balmy so we took off --- stop lights were out, too. Police were directing traffic.

We got to a wharf where we found the Pacific Whale Foundation - along with it's large gift shop, an historic Hawai'i museum, several other little shops a very nice art & craft fair and about 5 restaurants - all getting good reviews from the shops we visited. We wound up having lunch at Beach Bums down by the water. Did I say the pulled pork sandwiches at Fat Daddy's were fantastic? Up that praise several notches for Beach Bum's. I also had a Double D Tini ... Double D stands for Dark and Decadent. They could have added "Delicious and Dangerous" and been right on - but then it would have been Quadruple D instead of Double D. It had White Godiva Chocolate liquore, Baileys Irish Creme, Vanilla Vodka, Creme De Cocoa and had a Godiva dark chocolate swirl though. Good thing it came in a small martini glass because it tasted amazing. (I didn't have another - just knowing what was in it made me think I should take it easy.) I'm a lightweight when it comes to booze so, if I'm drinking at all, I usually just have a glass of wine. But there's something about Maui ....

Gypsy is doing well - she texted me right before a nap today - I agree with Marianne. You think you dodged the pain-punch but it's waiting for you to let your guard down. Do NOT flush the pain pills. I wound up taking one whole Rx, got it refilled, only took 3 or 4 more pills --- but was sure glad I had them. BTW, Gypsy, one of your pool boys arrived today while you were snoozing so he kissed your forehead, tiptoed out, and went shopping. The other pool boys should be there soon, little sister, very - very soon.

So glad you are feeling better, Jan. Give it a few days to get your strength back.

Thelma, we sure miss you when you are off.

Thank goodness, Holly, that you keep us posted. xooxxoox

Gotta dash just now. DH just put some dinner on the table. :-D Whata guy!

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  06:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Jan, glad you are on the mend. I never noticed the taste sensation being off due to medicine, I always thought it was the stuffed nose that threw me off. I will have to pay attention next time I have antibiotics ... hopefully not soon.

Kathy, how did the me day go...what color nails are you sporting?

Darlys, it sounds as though electricity is not necessary for a good time where you are! The Double D sounds so good.

Thelma, hope you are having fun, keeping busy.

Having a friend over for dinner tonight, so I have some straightening and prep to do. Sure sounds windy outside, so it will feel cozy inside.

Have a nice day,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  09:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all, just a bit before I have to get ready for school.

Gypsy, hope you are doing well after surgery. Thinking about you! Take it slow and don't run down the pool boys to badly.

Darylys , sounds like you are having an eventful trip. You know the fun begins when the lights go out. Especially with those wonderful sounding drinks. Keep an eye on me will ya, no pictures of me doing the hula on the bar!

Marianne, I'm sooooo glad I don't have a MIL anymore. I know we all sympathize with you. I like that your DD calls you on her way to work. My DS calls me almost every day on his way home from work.
He is not working his regular job so is looking for part time work. He got a call from an old friend that needed help in his shop so that might be taken care of for the rest of the winter.

Well, time to get ready for school. I did sew a little the other day. Was just what I needed. Can't wait to get back to it.

Later all, stay warm and safe!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  6:29:15 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Nancy I guess you need to find the bikini to see if it fits. Darlys is such a good hostess and Larry a fine sense of humor to put up with all of us in the sun and sand. No tan lines for you. You have been a great understudy to Penny.
It seems to me the trip to Florida that Gypsy was out of sorts then as well. I hope these surgeries will fix up the ailments so she can join us soon.

Annika I bet you did not know that we all traveled to Maui with Darlys every year after Thanks giving. I think you should really sneak out from behind the palm tree and join in the fun.

OK so whose dh is the chocolate man. I thought it was Marianne but now I am seeing that he works at home. So, how is my mind slipping? I would be annoyed as well about the Daddy piece. It is odd.

Jan I am glad you are feeling better. I think that being worn out from the craft show and getting ready for it has not helped in the severity of the illness.

We are almost finished with holiday shopping. We make lists for everyone and each person has a rubbermaid container with all their presents. Today I bought some Hot Fudge sauce for my 18 yo ds. It is fudge sauce with jalapeno peppers in it.

The weather has been off here. This morning it was 42 when I woke up and did chores by noon it was 22. Blew the outside plans for my afternoon. I did put some suet on top of one of my bean towers for the birds. I do like to watch the birds.

Gypsy sending healing thoughts your way. Maybe watercolors could be a soothing past time for your recovery.

Talie was supposed to have basketball practice from 6 to 7:30 but one of his team mates called at 4:30 to say practice had been changed to start at 4:30. Needless to say he was late. It takes almost 30 minutes to get there. Anyway I had baked a chicken and made rolls for supper. When Cheri came home she was surprised I was not but made a nice gravy and they had chicken over rolls with gravy. I came home looking forward to the nice chicken and gravy. I looked all over the kitchen. Kethry swore the dogs did not get it. Guess What the bleeping dogs did eat all of the leftovers including bones. Miss K had gone into the living room to text her boyfriend and did not pay any attention to what was happening in the kitchen. I was not happy. Cheri had gone upstairs to put Ross to bed.

I wanted to tell those of you with Iphones that Guy Risdall on NPR said there had been a study done that 9% of people who own them drop them in the toilet. Do not join the statistics. lol

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  9:51:19 PM  Show Profile
Aloha girlfriends ... Housekeeping came today and I tried to explain how we had been going through so many towels! She just sighed and gave me a huge new stack. Same thing, I forgot to mention, that when we checked in and got the cards to get the beach towels (from the hut by the pools) ... the concierge asked me how many cards we needed. I told her 11 ... one for Larry and the rest for me (and the mysterious passengers in my luggage). She did a rather un-aloha like laugh/snort when I tried to explain that I have this obligation to several of my nearest and dearest friends - whom I have never actually met (except for one unruly strawberry blonde redhead). Some things are just unexplainable.

Today, my precious gfs, you ALL were on your almost-best behavior as we went to lunch at Maui Fish & Pasta in Whaler's Village -- table oceanside. Delightful server. Larry ordered a pasta dish and a Lava Flow and I had a lovely crab & avocado salad and a Hula Girl. It wasn't as potent as the Double D tini ... but you would never know it from the way Bunny and Holly started laughing and hiccuping and burping. I only turned my head for a moment and poof -- those girls had monster straws in my drink. Oh well. We suffer for our darlings.

BTW - Now Gypsy is complaining about not getting her pool boys yet. So I sent one more - just in case. She's feeling pretty darn frisky for a gal who just had major surgery. I'm wondering if she actually did get those pool boys I sent earlier and was just angling for more.

Well, moving right along ... we all shopped til we dropped in Whaler's Village. It's nearby, pretty upscale and everyone enjoyed it. The jewelry store personnel were so sweet as Jan and Nancy had most everything out of the cases and were trying on some very big ticket items.

Marianne had her feet propped up in the sandal shop ... I think she tried on every single pair in the store.

Thelma was trying to explain that Santa wears BOOTS not sandals to the craftsperson making Hawai'ian Father and Mother Christmases. Did I mention that Thelma went and signed everyone up for rides on the ziplines!

Then here comes Holly ... singing again ... everyone was enjoying her rendition of Evis's Mele Kalikamaka when what to our wondering eyes should appear? ... My goodness! It's Annika! She cruised in on a jet-ski! We only have a few days left but we are going to have to show her some real Aloha, girls.

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy ... dripping in faux diamonds is now in the itsy-bitsy bikini store. Really, Nancy, why bother at all?

Well, our time here is nearly done for this year. I think we may get in a trip to High Country to visit Alii Kula Lavender Farm. I hope so.

First we do have to get Kathy out of the pool though. She is getting all wrinkly.

Oh, and Holly ... chickens are virtually wild over here. They can stop traffic. I hope you had a backup plan for dinner. Don't be too hard on Kethry -- she's a teenager, after all. We've all been there - albeit long, long, long ago. We just didn't have the technology back then. Bad doggy!

I will not drop my Iphone in the toilet. (I think it's the guys who do that anyway.)

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  12:51:57 AM  Show Profile
Darlys, the island sounds lovely and I love your daily adventure with a new cocktail. I remember the chickens running around. Someone told us it was due to a storm that let them all out of their cages and they have never been captured again...maybe an urban legend. But, I will never forget waking up in that island (on our cruise around the Hawaiian islands) and asking Dh, "Do you hear chickens?" It was surprising to us. Enjoy the end of your trip. Hope you get to the lavendar!

Holly, I am SO sorry you missed out on you chicken. I can imagine you searching for the leftover chicken and the dogs averting their eyes and not making eye contact with you. I am sorry to admit, it makes me giggle.

And yep, Dh is the chocolate man. Sells it by the truck and train load. From home. Company headquarters is Chicago. His region is west of the Rockies. Two days ago, when I was waiting for a delivery of Dh's Christmas gift and was hoping it would arrive while he was gone, the FedEx man delivered a big box and I disappointedly said, "Oh, it's chocolate." FedEx man, who delivers big boxes of chocolate to us often, said, "I'll take it, if you don't want it." Can't blame him, a big box of chocolate seems exciting if it hasn't been your life for 27 years. (A good life.)

Bunny, glad you got in some therapeutic sewing! How close is the countdown until major sewing during Christmas/Winter break? Will the break mark the end of your term and the end of that class with the poor teacher?

Dinner with our friend was pretty good. I was able to keep track of our chicken, none disappeared. Besides chicken, we had broccoli, salad and rice. Very basic, but it was good. Enjoyed the visit with our friend, too.

I don't have an Iphone, but have decided not to drop mine in the toilet either.

Have a nice morning, all.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  8:36:09 PM  Show Profile
Just checking in. You ladies have been busy. I find it hard to keep up sometimes. I have been sick for the last few days, but I'm rallying and ready to do something useful. I did a little bit of my Christmas shopping today, a few things for the grandchildren, and something to make baskets for my neighbors. I love this time of year.

Still haven't got my baking started, but I'm thinking that I'll be able to start on Sunday or Monday.

Marianne, I'm glad that you had a good visit with your friend. I also think it would be great to get a big box of chocolate delivered to my house. What a nice thing to happen!

Darlys, glad to hear that the vacation is going well. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Hope everybody is getting on well. I will learn about each of you in time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  9:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Well I don't know how I did it, but I was only one point away from getting an A on my investments test. I thought I failed it for sure. Just shows what I know. I only have my final report to do, no more tests in that class. I don't have to deal with him anymore for any more classes either. I still have 2 more tests in algebra. Next Wednesday is my last day until January 7. Yea!!! Then I get new classes to whine about. I have heard that two out of the four classes will be whine worthy.

Phyllis, sorry you have been feeling under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. At least get it over with before Christmas.

Marianne, I have dropped my Bluetooth in the cat's water. It did dry out and started working again. I'm a bit jealous over the box of chocolates too. But too much of a good thing can kind of ruin the excitement. We will all get excited for you. I bet the FedEx guy will be your need BFF.

Holly, got to love teenagers. In a world of their own. With new ones one the way, you will be dealing with this for a very long time. I think you will need the patience of Job. I seriously don't know how you do it.

Until next time.....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  12:41:25 AM  Show Profile
Chocolate is still somewhat exciting, but I was hoping for something else to be delivered at the time. I have to admit that when my husband's office was at a chocolate plant he always smelled like chocolate after work. It loses its romance when you notice his underwear smells like chocolate when you are loading it into the washer. Granted, it could be worse. Ahh, the chocolate stories. One time, one of the managers at a plant miscalculated the quantity that a tanker truck could hold in terms of liquid chocolate mass - that is how bulk chocolate is often shipped. The liquid chocolate mass overflowed and they had (literally) a chocolate covered truck. Poor guy he was the laughingstock of the plant for some time. The chocolate hardened and had to be chipped off the truck.

Bunny, congratulations on your nearly an A. I have to say that really shows that the teacher isn't very good. When you do that well on a test and have no idea ... it is a bad test. So glad you won't have to deal with him again. Three weeks off will be heaven. Enjoy.

Well, I'm heading to bed, got caught up in tv tonight ... Grey's Anatomy ... and have stayed up too late.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  05:20:44 AM  Show Profile
Hello!?!?! *as she waves a white hanky in the door* May I come in? I tuned my back and y'all have move! I love the new place and what y'all have done with it! I see a lot of you are in Hawaii...nice place to be when the wind howls and the snow falls. No snow here yet, in fact, the temps have been pretty mild. Weather predictions around here from the country folk are varied. Some predict a mild winter and some say severe, but all agree on another terrible, drought ridden summer....we'll see.
Forgive my absence...it wasn't y'all, it was me...just me. Can't say why, don't know...just me being very lazy after fighting the drought all summer. That is no excuse I know...a lot of you suffered as well. Believe me it is the only thing I can think of right now....no depression, no bipolar, nor schizophrenia symptoms....maybe it is just my age....did I forget y'all? No way!!!! I guess sometimes you just gotta deal with life!
Hubby is still limping, but doing much better. He had some teeth pulled a few weeks ago and has been suffering with a dry socket! OUCH!
I went to see my sister in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and had a nice time, until we found out that our oldest sister in Florida has cancer! May have to make an emergency trip down there in a little while.
Grand kiddies and kids are doing well. My grandson is on the varsity basketball team this year, he's pretty good. There's a home game tonight, so I'll be a little late for work! Hehehe....
There is no way I can read all the posts that I missed...but I wish all of you love and a wonderful Christmas Season!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  06:01:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello GFs. I will try to post with this iPhone I made it thru day 3 with only a pain pill to sleep last night. I'm pretty sure it was chocolate that saved me.
Thanks to all for the good thoughts, cards and goodies sent my way

Marilyn good to hear from you bunny congrats on your tests. You are an inspiration to us all. Darlys I am so enjoying our virtual trip you sure have the gift for writing and I look forward to reading what your creative mind conjures up each time.
Holly you are right two surgeries in one year is a bit much but hopefully I am done with all my troubles for a while
No I haven't finished that gourd doll. I have learned to put a project away before it is finished is the kiss of death.
Will close before I lose this.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  11:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday was a relaxing day. We all mostly just sat around and read, enjoyed the waves lapping at the shore, watched boats bobbing in the distance and - oh dear, I'll have to say, all of you look a bit Merlot, Chianti and Rose'. Did we forget the sun lotions? Oooooo.

Annika sweet talked a pool boy into fanning her, feeding her bits of pineapple and keeping her glass more than half full, as she reclined in a hooded beach chair feigning exhaustion from that jet-ski ride into Maui.

Now, Bunny Honey, full body exfoliation with sand is actually very effective, but also very messy. (Congratulations on exams!) A dip in the ocean, perhaps? Someone needs to bring you a cover-up!

Holly, the Boss Frogs guys are in awe of your surfing abilities. And, they're not talking internet! Some of those rolls were powerful! Way to go, gf!

Nancy, okay, sweetheart -- I'm telling. Not only did Nancy down four (count 'em) FoUR huge slices of Hula Pie after dinner at Duke's last night ... but she also "tasted" my Molokai Margarita (gold tequila and grand marnier)- right down to the sad rattle of nothing but ice in the glass (and it was a very big glass).

Gypsy, darling, there is a big sign over the Ka'anapali Beach Bar that says - "We Want Our Gypsy Back! Gypsy is Our Sun Goddess! We Have to Have Our Gypsy Back!" When I sniffed a bit in jealousy - the guys at the bar said I could be the Moon Goddess if I wanted to. Then Larry came along and said I was his Everything Goddess and that I had to stay with him now. Actually, he is my guy forevermore. I'm happy. But Gypsy, that magic you spin ... it's legendary ....

Auntie M ... good to see you again. I'm glad you are doing well and I am sorry about your sister. I do hope she will be not only a survivor - but a thriver. You sound relaxed. I'm glad you are back.

Marianne ... oh, Marianne ... -- someone is singing YOUR song.

Oh, I understand that chocolate is a health food ... and even has it's very own "group."

Phyllis, that Maui gown is gorgeous on you. The sunset colors are so striking ... neon?

Well, the Friday Craft Fair on the North Lawn is beckoning ... as is the trip to the Lavender Farm. It's a gorgeous morning ... birds keep wandering in and out of the living room (looking for crumbs, I gather). So I must shampoo, shower, dress and, in general, strengthen myself for the frolicking that is bound to be.

Aloha for now ...

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  2:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Holly ~ Thank you for clue-ing me in to the girl's beach party in Maui! I'll mark it on the calendar for next year and make my travel plans early...so glad that I could zip over and catch a few days last minute, although it was a rough ride by jet ski through north Idaho ;) I think I'll fly next time.
Marianne ~ my MIL and I have a similar issue, though she calls him by his baby name and will ONLY talk by phone to him . On the other hand if my hubby underthings smelled like chocolate I'd be just plain disturbed! But, i do think it would lose some of the romance for me too...I would have loved to have seen the chocolate covered tanker truck !

Holly ~ I'm sorry that you didn't get your chicken and gravy, I'd be very cranky if the same thing happened to me! My naughty little pom has mastered the art of jumping to the window sill and leaping to the kitchen counters and has had to be chased off of it many, many times, but before I caught him and knew that he could get there, food would just disappear and some how thought it was the cats fault though I think they're too plump to make it up there.

Bunny ~ Congratz on getting a good score! Now you can start to relax and enjoy the holidays!
Marylyn ~ I'm glad that you've found us, aren't the new drapes lovely? And the view from the big ol' porch is divine! Sometimes life just takes up a lot of our time, but no matter, you've joined us now =} I'm terribly sorry to hear that your sister has cancer, it always comes as such a shock when something like that happens in your own family. I hope that she beats it up and has it in full retreat in no time. Been through it three times with my dad and he's doing fabulous for being in his mid eighties. I'm wishing you a wonderful Christmas as well!

Dear Gypsy ~ It's so good to hear from you! I'm pretty sure that chocolate is the cure all for every ailment known to mankind. Rest up and get better!

Darlys~ Girl, you already know me too well! That would be me ;) Though being a red head, I think I'll slip in to a cover up and go stick my toes in the surf with my parasol and a sweet something tropical to sip any one coming along? Give the pool boys a chance to get fresh ice and fresh white towels.

Back to the unfortunate reality of my dreary weather here in Moscow Idaho...One word ~ Sloppy! Wet snow, wind and cold rain. I'm glad that I'm ensconced in my computer chair and only hearing it splatter against the sky lights! I got back from feeding the outside critters and i was drenched to the skin. The poor horses looking particularly woebegone and angled for a more forks of hay and the cats, who have a shelter in the storage shed , complaining even around mouthfuls of food. I got the tree in and up and near the cool window, its a narrow fir and looks elegant against my new drapes. Drew and I had egg-nogs and decorated it last night and had a good time laughing and talking =} True happiness is being married to your best friend.
I'm making the final read through my many many online recipes and printing up the ones that I want to try (so far...I always find more) It's a good thing that I love to cook more than I love to eat!

Cheers girls, it's back to my recipe hunting for bit before dinner!

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  3:41:38 PM  Show Profile
Auntie M! How nice to hear from you. Of course, we are not upset you have been busy, and it sounds as though you have been very busy. I feel terribly for your husband. I have heard that dry sockets are very painful. Do they heal up and go away or are you always stuck with the issue? So sorry to hear about your sister's cancer. I hope you can visit and enjoy your time together.

Gypsy, congratulations on clearing the third day hurdle! So glad to see you posting. I am the same way if I don't finish a project. I might as well put it to sleep, so to speak.

Darlys, I hope you have girded your loins for the frolicking that was expected of you! That is such a crazy phrase isn't it? As a youngster I thought it had something to do with girdles ... What was the take from the Craft Fair, any good finds? Oh, dear, your time is winding down. It sounds as though it has been everything for which you hoped.

So, Dh got the rest of his samples delivered today. The FedEx guy asked where I wanted them. I said, "Oh just here in the garage." And then he moved his truck which really wasn't Far from the garage to begin with. He back to within inches of the garage door and then came out the roll up door at the rear of the vehicle. I asked, "Gee, how many boxes?" He said, "Quite a few ..." Ended up there were eleven boxes weighing maybe fifteen pounds each of chocolate. Dh had a nicely wrapped box of assorted chocolates for the driver. He is such a nice man. I am often here by myself receiving these deliveries and he always puts them whereever I ask. Really a gentleman. THe UPS man is very nice, too. The chocolate always comes FedEx because of the time sensitive nature of the product, but UPS is appreciated around here, too.

Got a haircut today. Feels good. I don't like when my hair gets away from me and it grows so very fast. Saw a few flakes that quickly melted and/or were washed away with a bit of rain. We may see more snow around Monday. Time will tell if it will be a white Christmas this year.

Happy Friday,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page