True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  1:07:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello, again,

I tried to post last night but our ISP is not being a very good provider.

Today is beautiful. We are starting to have cooler weather during the day and cold weather in the night. The soccer game last night was very cold and windy. I sat in the car at the half field line.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  4:02:09 PM  Show Profile

A busy day! Mother inlaw left for Florida. We had frost on the car and thick foggy patches on the way to the Cincinnati airport (whch actually south of Cincinnati in Florence). We bought no dig fence panels and gates, which I plan to paint white.
Then we picked up a much needed china cabinet. This picture is after I went over it with soap & water,then Old English. Up close you can see the worn spots, but the scratches are buffed away. I have my plates and bowls on the shelves. We still need a bigger kitchen table for Thanksgiving, chairs, a bookcase, a whatnot for a small bathroom closet, and a console table and bedside tables for bedrooms. Dinner was roasted chicken legs with herbs,baked potatoes and spinach. Chocolate shakes a little later.
I've begun a compost pile and checked out gardening books from the library.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  06:50:56 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa--that is a beautiful china cabinet. I would like to have one but don't have the room for one. It has been cool here as well, with fog and some light frost. There is no color on the trees this year due to the extreme dry spell we had in September. The leaves began turning early, then suddenly stopped as the trees realized they needed to conserve their leaves. So they will fall soon, cause it has rained, but almost no color this fall. A friend of mine is having brain surgery tomorrow to remove a tumor behind her eye. This is making me very aware of my own mortality. I am not getting any younger. Please pray for her safe surgery and recovery. I don't feel so paranoid lately but have been feeling sad. Where have all the years gone, I wonder? Wasn't it yesterday when all our life stretched ahead of us? In the past month, I have somehow changed. And I will never be the same. I guess that is the definition of life.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  08:21:54 AM  Show Profile
I agree, that china cabinet is very nice. The weather here has been warm for a few days then cold for a couple. The trees are changing at a moderate pace. I am not living near the street that had all the beautiful maples anymore so I am not collecting leaves this year.

I am to experience an EMG (electromyogram) today to test my nerves and see what is wrong. The doctor said this is the first test in a long list to determine if I have ALS or something less severe. I am frightened at times about it. Mostly, I want to know so I can plan how to live the rest of my life. I do not totally believe I have ALS, however, I want to be prepared.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  11:46:43 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon every one,

Why, dear friends are we our own worst enemies? thinking the worst and trying hard not to believe it? anyway

Today is another lovely day. We still have red maples and a few sugar maples. The ash and birch are gone by. The oak is a deep fall green before the brown hangs on for winter.

We received a catalog called "Catalog Favorites" on the front cover is a night shirt that says " I sleep with weiners" and there are pictures of dachsunds around the words. Just a bit of light humor.

I like the china cabinet. I have some very nice china I inherited from my mother. I also have sons who are not at the careful age so the china is in newspaper stored away.

I think about the time that has passed and that I do not have as much going forward but I am ever so grateful to not have my name listed in the obituaries yet and that I am healthy enough to enjoy the time I have now. Working on remembering the moments of joy.

enjoy the sunshine.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  2:41:09 PM  Show Profile
I just returned from the EMG. What a trial. First was the muscle conductivity tests on both arms and legs. I disliked feeling myself being jerked around by electricity. The next test had the neurologist stick a needle in my muscle and listen to the noise its energy made and watched the waves of energy on a screen. I had them stuck in my back (3 places), both arms and hands (the thumb muscle was the worst) and in the right leg. I now have a headache. The good new is that, even though the tests were abnormal, they showed no indication of ALS. That is one less problem to worry about.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  4:41:17 PM  Show Profile
glad they ruled out ALS. That is a nasty disease.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  4:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Happy Hump Day to y'all! I had another active day. We decided that we need to put a fence around the front of our house first thing. We chose the Empire fence at Lowe's but I didn't like it black,so we'll also be painting it white. We drove 40 some miles to a Lowe's that had enough fence panels for us. We crammed 37 panels and 38 stakes into our Toyota Corolla - thank goodness we didn't bring the dogs because there was no room to spare! DH also got a wonderful deal on a Husqvarna riding mower which will come next week (happy early birthday,baby).
DH made dinner- a humongous thick steak. I couldn't eat it all so it will be kebabs for lunch tomorrow.
Marie, I am glad the first test doesn't point to ALS, Hope the other tests aren't as uncomfortable for you. Cindy, I think that this time of the year brings on a bittersweet feeling,as we see the leaves falling and face winter.
Holly, I love wiernerdogs! In fact I have a nightshirt that reads "I long to be around you" and t shirts with witty dachshund sayings. My mother sent me flannel sheets with dachshunds enbroidered on the top of the flat sheet. I also have dachshund pins and figurines and stuffed dogs. What can I say,I'm a crazy dachshund lady!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  08:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Marie--I am glad the test does not indicate ALS. Testing is no fun when you KNOW something is wrong but you just don't know what. At least you can rule out ALS. Holly---The sleep shirt with the weiner dogs sounds funny.I like the shirt that says "All food is lab-tested" and has a picture of a Labrador retriever. I went to the food pantry the other day (they give about $50.00 worth of free food) since I have no money to speak of (right now my half my normal pay means I am getting less than minimum wage) and something rather amusing happened. A man was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a gargoyle on it, and the lady behind me looks at him and asks "What's THAT?!" He replied that it was a gargoyle and said that they were protectors. She said "Well, it looks demonic to me." I turned around and said "Things aren't always what they appear to be." She had this crazy look in her eyes and said "With God, things always what they seem to be!" I said . "Yes, that's true, but God knows that gargoyles are protectors." She looked leary and asked "But where do they come from?" I said, "I don't know." She said, "Well, they look demonic to me." I said "Just because they look demonic doesn't mean they are." She then looked at me like I was from outer space and said "I'm going to sit down!" It was amusing, cause I know nothing about gargoyles. I don't know why I said those things, it just seemed like the right thing to say. I am weird that way.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  09:33:04 AM  Show Profile
Bravo Cindy!

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  6:13:41 PM  Show Profile
I Googled gargoyle, and besides being a decoration for downspouts, they were believed to ward off evil.
We began painting the fence parts today with our sprayer. It is still messy but quick. They look nice. Still 30 panels and 51 posts to paint.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  05:02:01 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

I guess that is why gargoyles we sculpted on cathedrals and castles, to ward off evil.

Another lovely day ahead of us.

Good start on the painting. a tedious job.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  05:32:19 AM  Show Profile
We sometimes get tetchy with each other but at our age the 3 little words aren't I love you. Instead it's We're still married.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  11:14:34 AM  Show Profile
My friend had her surgery and is recovering well from what I have heard. I found out that the man who ruined my life en years ago is leaving this area, and in all that time, he has never apologize or even tried o explain why he told lies about me, allowed lots of other people to tell lies about me, to the extent that I was a social pariah in this town for at least five years. He came here rom Texas and is going back and I know I will never see him again, but that is not what bothers me. I kept hoping that someday he would apologize, or at least try to explain, and I realize now that it's never going to happen. I am not sorry to se him go. I am sorry that he caused so much pain in my life and doesn't seem to care. So I guess I am feeling very sorry for myself but I am angry cause I feel there is, and never will be, any closure. That is part of the reason why I have been such a mess lately. When I took off from work back in August, I did not realize it was the ten year anniversary, to the day, of the time I went o the ER the morning after having been delusional all night long. That was the worst night of my life. It was all because of him, it's been ten years and I still have apparently not recovered from the damage he inflicted. And since my dr. increased my med. I think I have started having mini seizures. I am waiting for my dr. to call back. The increase in the med seems to be having a detrimental effect on my thinking. I swear, my thinking gets so unbalanced at times that I feel delirious. This has never happened like this before, and I feel like my doctor and therapist are not taking me seriously enough. It is scary. I keep thinking of the scene in a TV show about doctors where one of the female doctors is screaming: "Somebody sedate me!!" Sounds funny, but it isn't. Cindy's postcards from the edge. (That is supposed o be funny, honest(.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2017 :  4:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was another lovely day here in the Green Mountains. Very unseasonably warm. I was out in my t shirt working this afternoon. I am not complaining about the warmth. It is saving us hundreds in heating costs and in feed for the cows. But, is worrisome. We do rely on the people from down country coming up to enjoy the winter weather and spending their money to help pay our taxes. If this warm weather persists then the ski areas can make snow. Usually the first opens up a section for Thanksgiving weekend.

I took dsC to the ski and skate sale this morning. We bought new skates for him and his brother. We bought many pairs of gloves and mittens. The cost is a fraction of retail. Never the less I spent a bundle. Most I will save for winter holiday gifts so that is a bonus.

I brush hogged one of the fields. I would like to finish but there are a number of maple trees growing that I would like to dig up and put in pots and sell at a future time. Someone said if they die in the pots I said they could live or die in the pots or I could chop them with the brush hog.

Cindy maybe you should write to the person who hurt you and explain what you would like from him and add some piece of closure for yourself. So, you can take control of the situation instead of living with regrets for the rest of your life.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Oct 21 2017 4:18:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  12:31:16 PM  Show Profile
Holly--I have written to this guy on a number of occasions and asked for some kind of apology or explanation. No response. Whenever he sees me, he acts nice. But then he evades my questions. It is not regret that I feel. I am starting to feel such anger that I can barely stand it. If you knew the full story, you would understand. He used o be a priest. If you've ever been emotionally and mentally abused by a priest....but then, I guess most people haven't. It was a friendship, not a romantic relationship. The medicine I was on was causing mini seizures so now I am on something else. This new medicine helps me to direct my thoughts better. it is sedating, but I can focus better. For some reason, the song "Sunny Came Home" keeps running through my head. Not that I have any arsonist tendencies. But I can identify with the feeling the song expresses. "it's time for a few small repairs," she said, Sunny came home with a mission...Sunny came home with a list of names. She didn't believe in transcendence. She opened a book and a box of tools, Sunny came home with a vengeance. Light the sky and hold on tight, the world is burning down, she's out there on her own and she's alright....Sunny came home." Sorry, but that is what I am feeling right now. Maybe all abuse victims feel that way, I don't know. I am alright, as the song says. But it IS time for a few small repairs.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  4:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I remember that your abuser was a priest. I guess his training in empathy and compassion was on the slim side. Many people have been abused by priests. Think of all the women who wanted to use birth control and were told it was a sin or all of the women who wanted to get a divorce from an abusive husband and told no by the priest. I think there is no end. Do some sort of ritual so you can heal and not smolder for years to come.

Today was a lovely July day. My big dsR came to visit. He dug up saplings in the field and I put them in pots. We potted red maples and oak trees. I need to get more pots to accommodate the rest of the saplings so I will not chop them with the brush hog.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  1:23:13 PM  Show Profile
The thing about priests is, the Catholic Church teaches young people that priests are representatives of Jesus on Earth. Only Jesus is Jesus, priests are just men with aspirations of Godhood. Took me a long time to realize that. But the sense of betrayal is overwhelming...and almost everyone defended the priest. That's what gets me. Anyway, I am trying to play a more positive song in my head, and I keep hearing the Psychedelic Furs' song "The Ghost in You." Probably the most beautiful song to come out of the 80's era. "Inside you, the time moves, and she don't fade, the ghost in you, she don't fade."
Listening to that song always moves me.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  04:25:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

YOu are right to listen to more positive music in your head. Take ol' Jaxon fora walk. Maybe go to the river and take some pictures of the eagles. I really liked when you posted pictures of the eagles.

Have a day with moments of joy.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  07:35:45 AM  Show Profile
Fall has finally arrived! It is cool today and may get down into the 30's by this weekend. I love this kind of weather. My favorite time of year. Jaxon also loves going for walks in this weather. Haven't seen any eagles yet. I am going to buy some marrow bones at the store today to make bone broth. I cook red lentils in it (I add a sheet of Nori seaweed) and it turns out SO delicious. I love lentils. Don't care much for beans, though. Has anyone had snow yet? They are talking about possible flurries this weekend. I think I am starting to recover from the wreck I've been for the past few weeks. Maybe it was that medicine. It caused mini seizures and I was reading about how, when your body can't have a seizure, it somehow short-circuits your brain. So maybe there were times when I was supposed to have a seizure but my body would not allow it, and it affected my brain. The seizures were actually little jerks that lasted a second or less, but were occurring way too often. Most people didn't even notice them. I could feel them, and a friend of mine who has epilepsy noticed them. The only thing I don't like about the medicine I'm now on is that it causes a flat affect. In other words, I look expressionless and it is hard to smile. Or frown. In other words, I feel like a turtle, since they have almost no expression. Been seeing lots of wild turkeys lately, but not too many deer. Can't believe November is almost here.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  10:34:59 AM  Show Profile
We had much-needed rain overnight and into this morning...now the sun is shining in all her autumnal splendor and the earth is enjoying being all fresh and new. We have a bumper crop of second-litter chipmunks scurrying around the woods, so they are fun to watch. Time to hang up the suet feeders, as the birds are beginning to "reconvene" out back. Life is so good.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  1:54:42 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

We had some much needed rain last night. It has been cloudy all day. I hope it rains some more soon. We had a fire alert on the last few weeks it was so dry. The spring in our lower barn had dried some so we had to bucket the water from the upper barn. Not fun.

I am glad to see you back, Marilyn. I was getting ready to write you a snail mail letter to see if you are alright. and the Dude.

I am to go to dsG's soccer game to see the end and bring him home. DdK has come home from her walk so she will stay with the ones who will be left home.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  3:43:23 PM  Show Profile
I think fall is finally here to stay. We have been having cool weather and the colors are prettier every day. The turkeys have done well this year, lots of poults. I see quite a few deer, but once season starts they will disappear.
Good to hear from you Marilyn. Glad to know all is good.
Cindy, I hope you continue to feel better.
Our littlest grand is playing soccer too. She's really enjoying it, although my DS says she is a bit of a ball hog
We are leaving Sat morning for Virginia. My sweet grands asked us to come for Halloween and I certainly can't say no to that. We'll come back via the Blue Ridge and stop in Asheville so DH can pick up a ton of clay he ordered. Should be a fun trip.
Hope everyone had a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  5:37:10 PM  Show Profile
Good evening eveyrone,

A friend called and asked me to find this website for her so she could knit for the local hospital. Since many of you are clever and like to do service here is the web site. www.knittedknockers.org

Have fun

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  4:40:44 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday we put in a fence around our front yard. It has 3 gates. Now our doggers won't run across the road. We were just in time, this morning we woke up to frost. Tomorrow DH gets his riding lawnmower delivered. I've been hanging pictures and unpacking more stuff.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page