craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  3:48:52 PM  Show Profile
The pups are walked, fed, had belly rubs, and are sleeping. It is getting really cold here, so I don't think there is going to be a lot of playing outside.
Cindy, I first visited the Outer Banks in 1998, and have been back quite a few times since my son met his wife, who was born and raised there. We saw them moving Hatteras and have climbed to the top of it after the move. There is a hospital now which was sorely needed. Our daughter-in-law is a physician and while she works in Newport News she also has privileges there. I think there are probably a lot more stores and a lot more houses. The traffic is terrible on Sunday afternoons when tourists are leaving and coming in, mainly because there is still one main bridge. But, it is still beautiful and we love visiting.
Marilyn, I'm so glad to hear from you. You have been on my mind. How is the situation with your father? How is the spinning going? Hope you are doing well.
I am going to get my knitting and relax. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  3:54:33 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn , I just saw on the other board that you lost your dear father. I am so very sorry for your loss Please know that you are in my prayers as you go through these difficult days.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  05:27:09 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I am so happy to hear from you, but sorry to hear about your dad. I cannot get on any other boards, so I do not know what is going on. I am still having a hard time getting onto here. Brian said I need to add cookies, but I do not know how to do that, or even to find them. I think they gotten eaten along the way.
I hope everyone is okay. The flu seems to be going around here in the RV park. I am praying I don't get it. I have not been sick for over a year, and I want to keep it that way.
I get my new glasses Tuesday, am looking forward to being able to see better again. Maybe then I can do some driving around here. We are going to Sea World again on Wednesday to see it all decorated for Christmas. They have a few trees there that are 50 feet tall. We ill probably see one of the show there this time too. Friday it is supposed to get down to 44 degrees and Saturday only 62 for the high. We are going to freeze. Funny how a few years ago We would have loved that weather. Our blood is thinning out here I think.
I did some decorating , mostly outdoors. Not too much, we do not have a place to store too much stuff. Are you all done decorating yet? I would be nice to see some pictures.
Marilyn, you take care of yourself and please keep us posted. We are here for you and miss you when you are not posting.
Hope you all have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  07:54:50 AM  Show Profile
We received some snow last night.

The temperatures will be in the 30's today so it may all be gone by tomorrow.

I have gotten somewhat clever about getting this computer to do what I want. Usually, cookies are not eaten by anything in the machine. Sometimes cookies are little monsters that make the computer behave badly.

I am okay. I got a flu shot this year because I am working with kids who are little germ factories. Everyday I encounter accidental saliva and sneezes.

We will be getting a wreath very soon to put in our window with lights. We will also be setting up our quirky crèche. Pictures later.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  10:53:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! Still reading back posts to catch up. Not much going on here. Have started doing jigsaw puzzles to past the time. The original plan was when I retired to get a little travel trailer and move to Oklahoma to be near my sister. Well that fell thru and now I am looking to go back to work here-not at old job but new one. Am still hoping someday to have travel trailer but will need to plan better. Still have my 2 dogs but lost both of my cats. Last one was 23 years old and it just broke my heart, we had been thru so much together.
Decided to "feather my current nest" and have unpacked several boxes to make my home nicer instead of saving it for future use. A new blog I am enjoying is "bluebird are nesting". She is Australian but she makes a lot of sense and she has some pretty pictures. Well written enough of my book#128522;
Janiee
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  4:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn--I am sorry about your father. A friend of mine recently lost her mother. I will be a mess when something happens to either of my parents.
It is cold here, some snow flurries but no accumulation. It is supposed to get very cold later this week, down to about 15 degrees at night. I also got a flu shot since i work at a hospital. Right now I have a mild cold, first one i've had in quite a while. I wonder where Holly is? Maybe she is having trouble getting on-line. The only cookies I know about are the kind you eat. I don't feed them to my computer--unless it's sneaking into the kitchen and getting them when I'm asleep. I am worried about a friend--more of an acquaintance--of mine. I have known him for a long time, like thirty years, and he is taking the results of this election really hard. I am worried he will lose his mind. Been there, it's not fun. I have found the best way to avoid going crazy is to find the crazy in the situation that's driving you nuts. He has blocked a lot of people on his FB page recently and he seems...embittered. He puts his faith in humanity and I guess he feels humanity has let him down. I hope he doesn't end up on a psyche unit.
Have done very little decorating so far. Was going to do it this weekend but i have been feeling so crappy from this cold that I didn't do anything except lie around. I have liquids and tissues on hand. Don't like to take medicine when i get a cold.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog on Tumblr: eclecticstarlightcollectorbluff
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  4:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was cold and cloudy. We had snow night before last. It was nice to wake up to the clean white look of the fields and the trees. The road cooled down enough yesterday that it was covered with snow this morning.

I have been puttering around the house fixing little jobs, like putting the shelf on the wall that fell off when "not me" climbed on it. I made a window quilt ofr one of the doors. I made oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies as well.

Coco, the cow, came into heat big time on Thursday. When her boyfriend the AI man came she stuck her tail right out and let him stick his arm inside to place the sperm. In the past she has stood but not stuck out her tail. I hope she settles this time.

The guinea babies that were born in August have reached adolescence. They are calling and calling, I guess practicing their calls to be ready to attract a mate in the spring.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  4:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Hello gals! I hope all are doing well. It has been misting here most of the day and I so long for some sunshine. I love the cooler weather but I need sunshine or I tend to get depressed. Anyone else like that?
I was going to join in on Bonnie hunters latest mystery quilt but it calls for a tool I don't have and will not buy at this time. Money getting tight. My sister in oklahoma wants me to drive up for Christmas and I had to tell her no purchased gifts..only handmade and only if she wants to. One thing I have learned from you gals and from mary Jane is to appreciate everything no matter how small it might seem. Marilynn I read about your your father and am so sorry. I hope you and your family can focus on all the good memories.

Marie, I did not know you sewed. What type of things? I haven't done much anything lately in that area. Well got to go
Hugs to all
Janiee
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  5:29:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I can get on when we have internet that has been fairly regularly since enough people complained to the labor board about the shoddy service we had been getting. Now it is not good when we have a rain storm with a lot of wind and in the winter when the trees fall on the lines.

We had more snow so we have about 6 inches of the white fluffy snow. Not the kind that is good for snow balls or snow men. If it warms a few degrees it will get wetter and roll nicely. Roads were treacherous this morning. Many cars off the road. DdK drove some friends to the hospital an hour north this morning. The husband was going to see if they could put some stints in his bloodlines. The doctor said it would fix 90% of his breathing issues. His blood vessels were too clogged so he will have to go to Boston or New York where the equipment is more current.

Glad to see you back, Marilyn. Sorry your Dad died. Sad and not sad. I am glad he is not in pain anymore.

I remember, Janiee when you talked about getting a little travel trailer and moving to Oklahoma. Is your sister nicer to be around now? How are your brothers?

Cookies are the piece of a code that attach to your computer after you have visited a site so you can get back and more importantly for the site to find you so they can keep track of you and send you love notes. lol

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  7:50:42 PM  Show Profile
So that's what cookies are for. They help the internet spy on us. I just love it when I look at something on-line I'm considering buying, and for weeks afterwards, pictures of it and similar items keep popping up on my screen. Nice that someone is thinking of me.
I went to work today even though I still felt yucky. i told my supervisor i had a bad cold and "it might take me longer to get everything done" as i was moving pretty slow. I only ended up staying 20 minutes late so it wasn't too bad. I still can't eat very much--just had some chicken noodle soup but i couldn't finish it. I put myself on a full liquid diet today at work cause i was feeling like any solid food would make me sick. I still ended up getting a little sick, mainly from the coughing. But I made it through the day. We are very short-handed right now, so unless I am at death's door, i have to go to work. When your boss says, "you CAN'T call in sick"---the only way i'm going to call in sick is if i have to go to the ER. Who knows? If I died, maybe they'd give me a raise.
Janiee, I am glad you are doing better. I think it is so important to appreciate what we have. I don't understand why so many people believe they always need "more". I wish I had less "stuff". I do wish I had a bit more money coming in each month so I could pay all my bills on time.
Jaxon keeps pushing his nose under my arm as I sit here typing. I know he wants to go for a walk. I've tried to tell him I just don't feel very well, but he acts like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. Silly dog. Such a sweetie.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2016 :  04:59:47 AM  Show Profile
Jaxon probably knows that the fresh air will help you feel better. smart dog.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2016 :  08:45:10 AM  Show Profile
Hello gals! Just spent 30 minutes typing on this and lost it all!
This will be a short revision. Holly, my sister is trying to be nicer and that is a big step for her. One of my brothers survived falling off a fence and breaking his neck in several places only to be hit by a car 55 days later and killed when walking by the side of the road. My remaining brother and I meet and eat lunch together 2 times a month more or less. His well fell in a year ago and he comes to my house with jugs for water
About that often. We talk daily and we use to see each other on thanksgiving and christmas only. Starting to feel like doing some holiday decorating..maybe a tree with lights. Holly I still have the Redbird you sent me a couple of years ago. Makes me smile.
Well got to go
Hugs
Janie
Farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2016 :  11:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Just read my last message. Marie, I still have the red bird you sent me, not holly. Don't you love phone typing? Giggle. Working on my house to get ready for the cold coming.
Hugs to all
Janiee
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  07:35:31 AM  Show Profile
I do remember that. I am glad you still have it. Snow is falling here. These fluffy flakes will be staying around for a while.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  11:24:48 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine and cold today. Lunch was Rotary meeting. Our speaker talked to us about a school in Kasanga, Congo, which has been underwritten by his church. He has made several trips there and had some interesting insights. Makes me extra grateful to have been born here.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  4:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

Janiee I was willing to let you think kind thoughts of me but I could not remember sending you a redbird. I do tell my children that my mind is like a sieve and the holes just get bigger each year. hahahaI am glad you remembered it was Marie.

The snow stopped falling and the weather guessers say it will warm up for a couple of days. Someone said next week would be 9 F.

I have been writing the envelopes for my winter holiday cards so I know how many pictures to print.

Diary of a Wimpy kid is a popular book in my house. I read up to 50 pages a night to dsR. Lucky for me there are a lot of pictures.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  05:41:09 AM  Show Profile
My cookies are still not working on my computer, I can only get on here when I search and search. I cannot get onto anything else on MJF.
It is supposed to get down to 44 degrees here tonight or tomorrow night, and only 62 for the high. Sounds funny, but that is cold for here. No pool for a few days.
We went to Sea World again yesterday to see all the trees decorated. It is pretty, but would be nicer at night, but they close at 6.
Got my new glasses yesterday also. They are blue frames, Vera Bradley. Bob likes them, but I think I would have preferred a wired frame of some sort. That is what I am used to.
Marilyn, how is the yarn spinning doing? I need to go to the yarn shop ere and see if they ever have a class on drop spindles. I have pounds and pounds of roving from a spinner I bought that I took here with me. I will learn one of these days.
Cindy, Hope you are feeling better now. No fun having to work when you have a cold.
Janiee, It is nice that you see your brother often. We have no family close to us here, but that ia okay, we like it here.
I must close now, my computer want to install updates and I do not want to lose this post.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  05:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! We had our coldest night yet, so I think winter is officially here. It would get chilly, then warm up, then chilly, then warm. Don't think that is going to happen again till spring. No snow yet.
I finished my Christmas cards yesterday, most of the shopping and wrapping is done and packages sent. I just need to finish one more cross stitch ornament for the youngest grandchild. My spinning wheel is calling me, but it will have to wait until the ornament is done.
DH is out hunting, it is muzzle loading season here. Deer population is down this year so I'm not sure that he will get anything. But he enjoys being out in the woods, so it's worth the cold to him.
Hope everyone is well and having a lovely day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  06:25:59 AM  Show Profile
Jan -- I did a little mini-challenge with my Ravelry spinning group and made a skein of yarn -- won the prize in a random drawing, which was a whole bunch of interesting bits of fiber. So much there to play with, but I have been doing my gift knitting, so the spindles are just sitting there glaring at me accusingly. I am still thinking I will take at least a few classes on the wheel from the teacher here in town. I just cast on a stocking cap last night. It has a ring of sheep knitted around it.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  9:48:21 PM  Show Profile
I got a small raise at work. Everyone got a big bonus--it'a once a year thing and it's like getting an extra paycheck. Nice. it's very cold here. too. My right shoulder is still very sore and I don't know why. It feels like it's bruised but there is no bruise, unless it's deep inside. Can't imagine what might have caused something like that. I haven't overused it, have been very careful with it at work. it started hurting after I began the PT....my left shoulder now feels fine. Even after the surgery, and during the whole time it was healing, it never hurt in quite the way it does now. This is just weird that it hurts like this and it's been almost a year since the surgery. Half the people at work have a cold. it affects people in different ways, but has a nasty tendency to linger. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. Some friends are taking her out to lunch. My uncle will stay with my dad while she enjoys some time with her friends.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  06:11:14 AM  Show Profile
One of my knees has started hurting more than usual. For me, it usually means that a low pressure system is coming in. I like to say that the more it hurts the worse the weather. I don't really have any basis for that however. Drink lots of ginger tea and so slippery elm if you can get it. That should help with the colds all around you.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  06:39:50 AM  Show Profile
My "weather signal" is a sinus headache. Just about the only time I ever have a headache at all, and I can always tell that there's a new weather system coming. I say my head works like a barometer because there is nothing in it.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  07:13:04 AM  Show Profile
We got our first snow this morning, big fluffy flakes that didn't stick. Now the sun is shining and it's quite nice.
Congratulations on the raise Cindy. Hope your shoulder stops bothering you.
Marie, are you ready for Christmas break?
Marilyn, I get headaches too. I have been trying to finish a cross stitch ornament and some knitted gifts, so my wheel has been idle. Our LYS got some beautiful new fibers and they are really calling me. Hopefully I'll get back to spinning soon.
Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  2:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Hell yes I am ready for break. Only draw back is that I have to have 5 hours a week on my time card in order to get paid. I can ask around the school to see who needs help and when they will be there.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  6:44:22 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Temperatures are in the teens today and tonight maybe lower. The wind has been steady all day. The wind chimes are playing boldly. It has snowed most of the day but not enough to make the accumulation deeper. I am glad we are having snow and not rain.

I put together three sets of shelves yesterday and none of them required any screws. The set has poles like a tootsie roll. There are two pieced clips that go on either side of the pole where you want the shelf to sit. The shelf must have a tapered hole because it slides over the clips and holds tight. More space to hole more junk.

I am glad to hear from everyone. Lifts my spirits.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page