True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2016 :  4:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The bird could have been a partridge or quail as well. They are brown and white very camoflaged when the vegetation is not green. Well,, very good for when it is as well. They are mostly ground dwellers who sleep in the evergreens at night. You can tell if you have some because there are bird poops in a pile under the tree where they slept. Maybe one was getting ready to nest and got caught for din din.

That is an interesting project, Marie. I hope you can get your area to make a difference. The Vermont Teddy Bear company donated bears to the State Police here so when they had to deal with a child in danger they could give the child a bear to hold.

Today was a lovely day here in the Green Mountains. The sun shone intermittently and the temperatures fluctuated as well. The road crew raked the dirt roads and since the temperatures hovered around freezing the roads firmed up and were easier to drive on.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2016 :  6:12:04 PM  Show Profile
I doubt that a red fox would kill a turkey. Foxes tend to eat small things, they will eat snakes and insects as well as rabbits and mice. I'm not sure what a wild turkey weighs but I know they can kill you if they're flying and come through your windshield. It's happened around here.
also if you ever find a mess of hawk feathers, it means that a Great Horned Owl got it.
The police program sounds good. We need something like that around here.
Out weather was nice today, it got up to 61. Supposed to be near 80 next week. I've been checking the temperature of my straw bales and it is up 2 degrees.
The Midwest has been a rather turbulent place today.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  09:37:27 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
So sorry to worry you. Yes, I have been busy! Last two weekends I have been out of town and quite a few etsy sales. This is always a good month for sales. I'm feeling better. Did have some bad down time. I even had to take off work a few days. For some reason my Fibro hit hard. Now it has receded back and I'm doing ok again. I have been spending my down time reading and not as much time on the computer.

Sounds like everyone has had so much going on!
Ann, so sorry about your mom but I guess a blessing somewhere in there too. Glad the trip to California turned out so well.

Marilyn, I'm glad you told that trooper what for! What a jerk! Let's hope rasta lady doesn't need a new car soon.

Holly, as always so much going on with your family. I seriously don't know how you and C manage. Sounds like DdK is getting a bit of a lesson in cultural differences. I'm sure she will handle it graciously.

Cindy, so cool you got to hear Mr. Sanders! I really hope when it is time to vote, all those people get to the polls.

Marie, I was hoping you would make some of your dolls so we could see!!

I hope I didn't forget anyone. I'll try to be better about checking in. Mel emailed me and said I better check in or else.

Yay! Just sold two scarves. I better get to work making more stuff!!! Love that chaching sound.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  2:31:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bunny, I am so happy you are back. I was very worried. I am so happy that the shop is doing well. I hope everything else works out so that you can soon move into a place of your own.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  3:40:37 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Welcome back, Bunny. Congratulations on the sales. Sorry you were not well. I am trying to read as well. The computer and games are so addicting. Just one more.

Mature turkeys can have a five foot wing span. Their bodies weigh between 12 and 20 pounds so not very heavy but they can fly and glide very fast. I bet when they hit a windshield they shatter it and people can be hurt or killed. I was looking on line for creating landscapes that are good bird habitat. Mostly they talk about planting bushes and leaving piles of brush for them to nest in. I am always amazed at how many bird nests there are when the leaves go away in the fall. There are always some small ones in the rosa rugosa bushes. I wonder if the birds are nesting when I walk by oblivious to them being there. One year we did find a nest with hatched eggs in it. The eggs were bigger than chicken eggs and the nest was in the tall bushes. We figured it must be a turkey nest. We were all very excited.

Today we began to cut down the trees for firewood. I only cut for an hour. it is the first day out and I did not want to over do it. Walking without pain is important to me. I began trimming along one side of the fence line. It is easy wood to get at and easy to get in with the tractor and wagon to bring to the house.
After lunch C raised me in the bucket of the tractor so I could prune one of the apple trees. I have been looking at it for several years and wanting to at least cut out the dead wood. I think I did that. I cut the thicker branches with a hand saw. I do not like that at all but taking the chainsaw up in a bucket to cut in a crowded tree is not my idea of a safe time. C was holding onto her anxiety while I was up in the bucket she would have had a loud fit if I had insisted on running the saw. I used clippers for the smaller branches. I hope what I did will open up the branches for the apples to grow this year.

Then I took some manure out of Coco's stall. There is a lot in there and now that it is thawing I really need to get it out. ddK was supposed to start on Friday but she conveniently forgot and then left to visit a friend.

I am tired. I might have worked a total of three hours today but after the winter of sitting on my behind I am very out of shape.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  6:19:34 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, glad you got my email. Good to see you check-in. Congrats on the sales!

Marilyn, glad to hear you were missing for a good reason. Sounds like it was a fun time.

Sorry I don't check in much but I lurk a lot just to keep tabs on everyone. Always praying things are copacetic with y'all!!
My life is so dull and mundane, I truly have nothing to contribute. Just Rollin' with the flow!!

Weather here has been in the seventies for weeks but very rainy. Supposed to be 85 degrees on Monday. I know this is Texas but that's even insane for March.
Been going to physical therapy for three weeks for my knee and hip. Loosening up but old age is old age!!

Have a great Sunday!!

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Mar 12 2016 6:21:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  6:23:52 PM  Show Profile
Did you know tha emojis from the iPhone just show up as a series of numbers on here. Had to edit my previous post and delete all the numbers!! Hmmmm, very interesting.

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  7:26:20 PM  Show Profile
I have seen that in other posts and didn't know what it was. Thank you for letting us know. That cleans up one mystery I've wondered about.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  7:26:49 PM  Show Profile
Holly--I agree it would be dangerous to have a chainsaw in the bucket of a tractor especially if the tree is crowded. I had a branch from my oak fall on a phone line one evening and it didn't take it down completely but was resting heavily on the line. The other end of the branch was still attached to the tree. I rounded up a neighbor whom I knew worked for a tree cutting service and he got up on a ladder and was swinging that chain saw around--I was terrified he'd cut off his arm or his leg. But he didn't. He got the branch off the line and I was able to use the phone, which was a relief cause my parents were in Dallas at the time. I didn't want them to worry if they couldn't reach me. I will never own a chainsaw. I got a tool from my dad's shed that can be used to cut off branches while standing firmly on the ground. The only thing to remember is to stay away from power lines.
Bunny--it's good to hear from you! And that chaching must be music to your ears. I was going to canvas for Bernie today but it didn't work out. The girl who I was partnered with was sixteen but she had been to the rally and was impressed. We agreed to meet at a designated spot and I waited and waited and she never showed. I called the office but they didn't call back. I didn't have her cell phone number. Finally I got tired of waiting. I'd been there 45 minutes. She had the sheet with the names on it, so what could I do? I didn't want to drive back to the office cause it was twenty miles away and I had already used up enough gas. So I went home. Finally I got a text from her (she called the office and got my number). I was supposed to knock on doors from 12--3 and it was nearly 2:00. I don't know why it took her so long to get there. We both left the office at the same time, but it took her an hour longer? I got there in twenty-five minutes, and that was due to traffic. Anyway, it's good to see young people who care about their country. She was from a military family and very concerned about the treatment of veterans. When I see someone wearing a Vietnam or Korean War cap, I always try to tell them thank you for your service. I have a friend who is a combat veteran and fought in Afghanistan---she has PTSD but was fortunate enough to get help and now she teaches classes to other veterans.
Mel--since St. Patrick's Day is coming up, maybe you should go to an Irish Pub, drink green beer, and kick up your heels. I've been feeling bored with all this time off so I went to an antique shop and an arts center today. The antiques were lovely (except for THIS antique that is me) but very expensive. The arts center was preparing to host fund-raiser beer tasting party for some group so there wasn't really much to see. I discovered a new organic gardening store that opened in January and the owner wants to buy my chicken run that I got last year and is still in the box. I've decided no chickens for me. Not as long as I have pet birds in the house. Too much possibility of disease.
Marie--how is the weather up there? It drizzled all day here but it was so light, and warm enough, that I enjoyed being out in it. Only it gave me what I call witch hair. My hair gets wind blown and super frizzy--I sometimes scare myself when I look in the mirror and see my hair like that. I have nothing against witches, by the way.
My dad was talking today about how he had shot a gun earlier in the day (he was watching shoot-em-up Western at the time) and he thought people had to leave because he had fired a shot. My mom and I have no idea where that idea came from. I guess from watching TV. I've read that Alzheimer patients think whatever they see on television is really happening. And he thought some metal boxes outside that covered electrical wires were drinking fountains. He thinks he's lived there for years and it's only been since the end of January. My parents are going with my aunt and uncle to an event tomorrow that showcases Irish dancing.
And that's what's happening in my neck of the woods.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2016 :  6:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I once cut a birch tree down onto a power line. I called the power company and they came and took it off the line. Luckily I had done it during business hours. It shut off the electricity for the rest of road past my turn. I was teased about it for a long while after that. I was not as bad as the neighbor who landed on the wire twice in one week. He got ribbed for a long time after and if we ever lose power people call to find out if B has been dropping trees.

Nice to see you Mel. I do not care if your life is boring I am glad to hear about you and the dog.

Today was lovely day here on the hill. Temperatures were in the fifties and the sun was out all day long. It is so nice to wake up to sunshine. Coco was in heat today so that means she will be due the end of December if she settles this time. I hope she does. She and Ida May laid in the sun for the afternoon chewing their cuds.

I cut one hour with the chain saw this morning. Later on I took some Advil and had a nap in the chair. A little bit at a time. This week is supposed to rain everyday so it will give my muscles a chance to heal.
I dried the sheets outside today. I do like air dried sheets and it saves on the electric bill as well.

Some of the guinea fowl have taken to grabbing the roosters tails and as the rooster runs away outraged running after him. It is pretty funny to watch.

The garden is still frozen so no planting or checking the science experiments from last year. I think I have some parsnips still in their bed. They will be yummy when they thaw.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  3:24:27 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It snowed all afternoon. We have three new inches on the ground.

Made my tree and bush orders today from the local conservation commissions. The plants arrive the end of April. They all have fruits or nuts for people or animals to consume.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  10:19:09 PM  Show Profile
That makes it a major snowfall, right? It was up to 67 here today but it's supposed to get colder later this week. I didn't do much today--went to my PT appointment and made a crispy kimchi noodle pancake. Don't know why it tastes so good but it does. My brother brought over the sewing machine. He had said he thought the belt was worn. The belt seems fine. It's the plug on it--I dare not try putting that thing in a socket. I have a book on how to do simple rewiring. If I think I can't do it, I know someone who can.
The short story I'm writing has a supernatural theme to it so I'm thinking of submitting it to a journal that publishes stories of the supernatural. That genre is not my cup of tea but I think it has a better chance of getting published that way.
I did my exercise today--I lifted and read books till my biceps bulged. Not really, but sometimes when I read something really good it feels like my brain has grown considerably and like I have some super power. It's called the magic of reading. There is no cure.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  06:08:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone for the bird info. So funny -- it never occurred to me to think of another bird being the hunter. I think because we have the fox, I just assumed it had to be the fox doing the eating, and was spending my time thinking of what it might have eaten. The feathers did look like the right size and coloration for a hawk, but the owl eating the hawk didn't even enter my mind. Just goes to show -- we need to shake up our thinking from time to time.

Glad to hear from you, Bunny. I think you can tell you had us all worried! Hopefully you will have plenty of spoons for a good while now.

Looks like my to-do drawer is pretty full this morning, but I have some "adulting" to do on my own first. I got my tax packet from the accountant yesterday. I love her to pieces and she does such a good job -- has been doing my taxes for years. It's just always a big hit to the old pocketbook. I should not complain -- I have the money to pay the bill -- it just always knocks the balances down a bit. She does an estimated amount for me and I pay quarterly in advance, so it's not bad. She sends me all the envelopes pre-addressed and the proper forms -- she is wonderful.

I am feeling like there's a big sea change coming for me creatively. I have been doing almost nothing but knitting and a little crocheting for a couple of years now -- maybe a little bit more than that. Part of the issue has been that we have been doing our big remodel, so my sewing room has been packed up in boxes, as well as all my fabric stash. Maybe because we are getting so close to done with that project and I am in the beginning stages of setting my work area back up, I am starting to want to set the knitting aside and get back to sewing -- maybe a little weaving. My fingers are itching to slip back into a thimble and do some hand-quilting, as well. Hmmmmmmm. We will see.

Time to get to work, I suppose. Happy Tuesday, everyone.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  1:07:01 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been on here in a very long time and it is with an extremely heavy heart I return. Holly has kept me updated weekly about her lovely family via snail mail cards with amazing photos and I adore them. But the time it takes to just take care of my home, husband, animals, all seems overwhelming and when I have time, I tend to gravitate towards Facebook rather than here because my family and friends from far and near are there.

But I want you all to know my sadness and ask for prayers or positive energy for the months ahead.

My beautiful, compassionate, humble, artistic, the love of my life, the joy of my life, daughter, Alana Marie Brown left this earth and us on March 9th. She was 32 years of age. She was on life support and we had to make an incredibly difficult decision and finally let her go, surrounded by my husband, my son in law, and myself. I can't say I have grieved much until now as I write this because someone has had to be strong and take care of "business". She was our only child and we do not have grandchildren.

My heart is broken beyond belief. It has been beyond the worst nightmare a mother could imagine as my husband and I don't believe it should have happened. Maybe one day I will tell you the story, but not today. I just wanted all my old cyber friends to know of our loss.

If you want to friend me on Facebook, I am Ginny Anderson Brown. You might find more information that way. Anyway, keep us in your prayers please.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques
www.etsy.com/shop/thedewhopinn

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories. In the end, that's all there is." Mr. Carson, Downton Abby

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey

Edited by - Oggie on Mar 15 2016 1:11:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  2:24:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Ginny. I really do not know what to say except that I am grieving with you. I remember something about your daughter having some health problems. Take your time telling us the story. Allow yourself to cry and scream. I know I would.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  6:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Ginny, I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's passing. I remember the beautiful artwork she did and you posted. I am sorry you had to make the decision to stop life support. A mother should never have to bury a child. hugs to you.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  06:50:36 AM  Show Profile
Ginny -- Obviously no words to offer except those of sympathy. Come in and rest whenever you feel the need -- you know we have good broad shoulders and strong hugging muscles.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  12:22:03 PM  Show Profile
Wouldn't you know it? Today was the first day I had two lessons to do (#11 of 12 from the Intro class and #1 of 12 from Intermediate) and I have not had one spare minute to look at either one. I have been wrestling with the bank statement and register all day so far. The bank decided to randomly renumber one of our checks and it took forever to get it figured out. So silly! Anyway, that's all done and all the paperwork complete and filed. I would love to think I could sit down and get some work done, but we have a delivery yet today for which I still have to take a credit app and another customer coming in to complete some paperwork. In the meantime, people keep calling with the most off-the-wall problems and questions. Is there a full moon????? I did win an e-bay auction this morning, which made me happy. There's another one coming up tomorrow morning which will make me happy if I win it.

My problems are pretty doggone small, when I take a look around, aren't they?

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  1:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Ginny--I don't know what to say so I am sending hugs...we are all here for you.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  3:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was lovely day here on the hill farm. Sunny all day and temperatures rose into the 50's. I took a couple of loads of manure up to the green house. I need to landscape the outside and put more inside. Then I want to plant something. I did cheat and put plexiglas in the window that blew in a week or so ago. The building was very warm today.

I think about Ginny all day missing her daughter and trying to hold everyone else together. Ginny has had a lot on her plate in the last year or maybe more with her dh losing his job and then losing his lower leg and having a bad back. Hugs to you again.

C went to see a Barry Manilow concert last night with her friend Timmy. They had a great time. Apparently whatever town he plays in he donates a grand piano to a school in the area. He also encourages people to donate no longer used instruments to their local schools. He will pay for fixing them if it is needed. He said, he would have been lost as a child without a music program and it is often the first program that is cut when budgets are tight.

DsR was home from school today. Yesterday he had a fever and so he had to stay home today. He has had a bad cough.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  5:49:46 PM  Show Profile
I saw the PA today. He wants me to come back in a month. Continue with the PT. And I don't have to wear that sling all the time, he said, just when I'm out in public so someone doesn't come up to me and grab my arm. SO maybe I can go back to work after I see him again.
It was nice here today, not as warm as yesterday. I finally got the house vacuumed, something I'd been putting off cause I was wearing that sling. It's amazing how quickly that Shark fills up with dog hair. Jaxon isn't shedding as much now as he was during the winter. I think cause he was inside more and it was dry, it causes him to shed more.
I have a friend who loves Barry Manilow. She has tickets to see him when he comes to St. Louis. I used to like his songs when I was in jr. high school. I've heard it said that the song "Mandy" is really about a dog...I don't know, remember that song "Shannon" from the 1970's that was about a lost Irish Setter?
I hope DsR is feeling better. I don't know Ginny very well but I wished I lived closer. It's so hard to hold everyone together when you're grieving and can barely hold yourself together. I will be thinking of her in my prayers.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  8:02:42 PM  Show Profile
The Klingons in this sector use Barry Manilow songs as an auditory punishment mechanism. If you have ever heard Klingon opera, you will know why they hate his music. Here's a sample from an opera. I'm not certain which one and I don't recognize any of the three words I know of Klingon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmQGO5U2n6s

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  06:17:03 AM  Show Profile
Here I am, alllll alone at the shop (well, except for the mechanic, but he's out in the garage), so I am HOPING to get some work done on my classes today. I went home last night, set up my laptop on the table and opened the first lesson. Cue phone ringing. Sigh. It was my mother, so I just shut down the computer and picked up my phone.

You may remember that a short while ago, my dad sent a group text to the siblings saying that they were moving into assisted living, so let them know if we wanted anything before they got rid of it all to move. At the time, I KNEW that there had been some event that caused him to make his pronouncement, because a) my mother is getting more and more difficult for him to handle because of her memory issues and b) I know my daddy very very well.

So last night, Mother is saying that they are NOT moving, but that they had been to look at some very nice places. She says they would have to go on Medicaid and they wouldn't be able to come and go as they pleased and they would lose all their independence....she said they knew a couple of people from their church who live in one of the places, but she just really likes their apartment where they are now.....

I am afraid that when Daddy said it was time to think about moving, she pitched a fit about it and he gave up the idea. When I asked her what she was up to, she said "Well, right now I am drying my eyes!" She had been trying to make a phone call and she just can't get her head wrapped around how to do it anymore, so she had thrown a crying fit. Daddy has explained her phone to her several times, but she just can't remember things like that anymore. She says "He doesn't have the patience to teach me." Poor Daddy. I know he is trying so hard to take care of her himself, but she really taxes the little energy he has. Anyway, he had taken the phone away from her and told her to just let it rest for a while and try it later. So she stood at the sink and washed dishes and had a cry. It is so sad. Part of the time she knows that she has no memory -- she was saying that to me last evening. She said she didn't even know which kids belonged to which of her grandkids. I said "Well, you don't see them very often, so that's no wonder." Then she started whimpering about how her grandkids never call her. I reminded her of the two that I KNOW call her quite frequently, and that got her cheered up, thinking about the day she got to listen to the little great-granddaughter chattering to her on the phone.

It is a roller coaster conversation just for me for half an hour -- I can't imagine what it's like for Daddy, 24/7.

In other news -- meh.

Time to hit the computer and get some knowledge onboard. Have a great St. Patrick's Day, ladies!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  07:33:48 AM  Show Profile
Marie--I've never heard Klingon opera but it is funny they use Barry Manilow songs as punishment. Personally, I would use the song "Watching Scotty Grow".
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  08:01:57 AM  Show Profile
Sanity check-in.

Executor-ship seems to be a good deal of "hurry up and wait." Phoning, appointments and more appointments, filling in and filing forms, while in the background, siblings tap their feet impatiently and tell me what I am required/not required to do. Mmmm. They may wish I don't have to jump through these hoops, and I may wish I didn't have to jump through hoops, but the fact is, the government and the bank have policies and requirements that MUST be met. The End.

Sorry for venting. It's stressful enough, just dealing with grief, but the paperwork (but mostly the expectations of others) is going to undo me.

And the Cowboy wants me to be my "normal" me again. I want that, too, but mostly right now, I want to lock myself in my bedroom with a good book.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com

Edited by - bramblerose on Mar 17 2016 08:03:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page