Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  1:30:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad the meds are working for him! Sometimes it takes a while to find the right thing. Paxil was awful for me, but the generic Prozac was great -- saved my life, I think. Extra points to him for getting the shopping right when you were sick. Hopefully since the bug hit you quickly, it will be gone quickly.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  5:24:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad the meds are working well. What a relief it must be for both of you.

Marie, good advice about not overdoing it! If it is even possible to not overdo it with what you have planned for tomorrow! Best of luck for a terrific turn out.

We have the grand dog again. An unexpected visit promoted by a forty eight hour notice that the apartment building would be testing the fire and smoke alarms in each and every apartment today. So dh and I picked up Sammie yesterday during dd's boyfriend's lunch hour. The biggest up side of this is that I get to see dd tomorrow when she comes up to pick up her baby who they are missing terribly! They did decide to do a jigsaw puzzle while they wouldn't have to deal with such Labrador trail that typically clears the puzzle pieces off the coffee table.

So, is everyone ready for the onslaught of the holidays? All the big stores are making announcements. I'm disappointed that so many people have to work on thanksgiving. I think most everyone would be happy to wait a day to grab their deals.

We are only expecting two, maybe three trick or treaters tomorrow. We got giant candy bars for dnA and her sister.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  6:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I hate it when people call me honey or doll or any of the other endearments that are not endearing. I look at them to try to decide if they are rude or is it their habit.

Hallowe'en is not a bank holiday as far as I know. Maybe All Hallow's Eve is a religious holiday for talking to the dead.

Congrats to you and the B for making progress and acknowleding it G. Persistence pays off. I am glad he is getting away from the controlling clutches of that religion he was affiliated with so he can stop spinning in his own failures and be happy.

I hope many people come to the party tomorrow night. Standing room only so to speak. I bet the band is in fine tune. Take it easy Marie.

The sky tonight is so very dark and the stars and Milky Way are so very bright. The sixth grade class had a haunted hallway. I took the three littles. They had a good time. I visited with some of the other mothers.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  7:55:35 PM  Show Profile
My X calls me sweetie. I hate it. Nothing like being in a public place and having your transgendered husband call you sweetie.
My oldest is still not talking to me. I tried to call and texted him. Nothing. Stupid me thought we had a better relationship than this.
Feeling pretty low right now.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  2:16:03 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, this is his uncomfortableness to work through, not yours. Very disappointing, I know. But, you have reached out. It's his move to repair this hurt. I'm not saying to write him off or any such thing, but give yourself credit for being open to talking. And sit back and let him come to his senses.

One Valentine's Day, a man a bit older than I came up and asked if he could go ahead of me in line at the grocery store. He had his hands full of flowers and candy and balloons. I was obviously a mother of young children with absolutely no expectation of any of the gifts he was trying to quickly buy. What he said was, "Doll, you don't mind if I slip in line ahead of you. Got to get these to my girl..." (Flash winning smile here.)

I told him he could go ahead of me if he promised to never call another woman he did not know personally "Doll" ever again. After he paid, he turned and said, "Thank you...(Flash blank stare here.).........m'am." He actually was stumped momentarily as to how to correctly address someone he didn't know. I don't know if just saying, "thank you," even occurred to him. I probably should mention that my blood sugar was really low at the time and I desperately needed sugar or caffeine or protein...

Dear daughter left a bit ago with dear grand dog. We made cinnamon and applesauce ornaments. A craft suitable for kindergarten aged children. Well, we made a huge mess of it. Which meant we soon dissolved into giggles, which brought dh around to "help." We had such a mess and then proceeded to choose completely inappropriate cookie cutters... The results were so bad that I decided to tally up the number of years of higher education we had in the room to collectively make such a disaster. How embarrassing.

dd got her hair cut. It is short. She thinks she looks like me. I see it a bit more... I'll post a photo and let you chime in.

Today, we are having a real dark day. Our turn! We just had a down pour. We are expecting two inches of rain. Nothing compared to Texas, but still a bit of rain!

Happy Halloween, Day of the Dead and All Soul's Day, everyone. Oh! And the end of Daylight Savings Time! Enjoy.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  2:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Bunny. Sometimes our kids need a slap upside the head. Or maybe he is just busy and he will contact you soon.

The sun came out this afternoon. So nice after several days of gloom. I can always feel my spirits lift when the sun comes out. I see we made the national news

Feeling fine today so I guess it was a 24 hr bug. Yesterday I did not feel like cooking so today I'm following my own advice and cooking up a big pot of soup for freezing.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 29 2015 12:46:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  2:21:34 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Nov 01 2015 5:14:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  2:22:50 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Nov 01 2015 5:15:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  2:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Hmm, Seems like I should have been able to post those together...

Probably someone with some technical experience would have been able to achieve that without making them SO big, too...

Forgive me.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  2:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Mar, I posted my post and when I went to look to make sure it worked, there you were! So, I'm here first, so I get to comment first. YES, she looks a LOT like her mom! She is absolutely lovely (and so are you)

When my blood sugar gets low, or when I first get up before my one cup of coffee, I am dangerous. So I do know the feeling. The guy probably never forgot that lesson. First of all, it was rude of him to try to cut in line.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  2:45:39 PM  Show Profile
Now post a pic of the ornaments!
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  3:26:14 PM  Show Profile

Yes! That is a Christmas Whale.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  3:27:49 PM  Show Profile
And no we were not able to successfully put a hole in any of them so that they might be hung...

They are just jacked.
mar
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  3:28:30 PM  Show Profile
The Christmas Man in the Moon and Christmas Turtle bit the dust.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  3:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'll bet they taste good. With a nice cup of tea. They look fine, really, just need a little decorating. They might decorate with whales in Florida, along with their palm trees. Speaking of Florida........Jan??

Edited by - doll58maker on Oct 31 2015 3:52:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  3:54:31 PM  Show Profile
What is "just jacked"?
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  5:33:32 PM  Show Profile
Mar, you and your dd do look alike! Same smile for sure. Love the ornaments regardless of what shape they are. My cousin lives in San Diego and Santa down there wears shorts, a Hawaiian shirt and rides a surf board.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  5:39:35 PM  Show Profile
These are non edible. They are just about equal parts applesauce and cinnamon. So, non edible, on purpose. They do smell wonderful.

Let your mind go wild on the "jacked" term, g.

dnA and her sister will be stopping by to gather their treat. But, it is still raining. We had rainfall at the rate of three inches an hour.

Do we have any uber users? One of my acquaintances informed me that she went back to work. I thought it was a pretty big step since she and her husband had retired "together." She had started driving for uber. She loves it. Has only had wonderful fares and really likes the company's business model. I was also surprised to find out that dd's company has an uber account that employees can use and therefore well be able to avoid having to fill out expense reports for transportation coat reimbursement. dd has used it for transportation to and from SeaTac. The car was a very clean Town Car. In fact the driver was polishing it while he waited to pick up his fare. Just wondering what anyone else knows about it. initially, I thought it was a terrible, risky idea for everyone involved. But after hearing what the drivers have to provide uber and the condition their auto must be in, I have changed my opinion.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  5:43:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening eveyrone,

Oh, G if those cinnamon applesauce decorations are anything like the ones we make they are totally inedible. There is so much cinnamon in them that one bite would make you gag. But they do smell nice. Mar you do have a knack for the fun thinkgs.

Yes Dd does look like you. Her hair looks softer but her face is yours.

My last post has two posts ahead of it that were not there when I posted.

The big walk for the candy is over for this year. It is quite chilly so the boys did not have to worry about their costumes because their coats covered them. We put the candy in a big bowl to share it out over the next couple of weeks. They had a good time seeing all of their friends on the street as well. They collected money for UNICEF too. the school sponsored that and told the children about the fund so they would be able to explain what the money is used for.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  10:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey, just loading back in from the Halloween party. I am exhausted and my back hurts. Poor Lowell has to lift everything. Later.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  11:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Poor Lowell can load everything! He got all the glory of being on stage. You did your share, Marie. Better take it easy today.

Today, we fed the horses pumpkin chunks. They were unimpressed. dnA suggested cooking the pumpkin. Marianne thought that sounded like a lot of work. The horses were equally unimpressed with cooked pumpkin two hours later.

I remember trick or treating for UNICEF. I know the organization has come under scrutiny for how it uses it funds. But, frankly, I think the good that just having school age children think of other children on Halloween is good. Whether the majority of the collected monies make it to needy children in other parts of the world or not. It is a great time to plant the idea of service in our youngsters.

Oh the sun is out today! It looks so green and lush compared to our dry summer. The fall colors are perfect and the leaves shower down with every gust of wind. Magic.

Hope everyone is out having apple cider and pumpkin scones.
mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  3:13:24 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was overcast most of the day and rainy in the morning. We did C's birthday at lunch even though her birthday was yesterday. We had matzo ball chicken soup and a cake she calls her favoritest cake in the world. It is a yellow cake with mandarin orange slices in it. on top is a layer of lemon pudding then some crushed pineapple all topped with whipped cream. That is the way I make it. Years ago when she shacked up with me she gave me a list of the ingredients but no directions. Every one who attended liked the cake.

I bent the tie rods on the wagon for my tractor yesterday so the front wheels face different directions now. Tomorrow if the weather is decent I will take them off and straighten them. I almost ahve all of the fill inside the green house.

I am ready for the littles to go to bed. Dang that time change. We are having quiet time in our rooms now. Maybe it is the post Halloween let down that they are all spinning in .

Cows like pumpkin. I bet goats do as well. Maybe dnA could take it home with them.

I want to hear how the dance went. Have you recovered yet, Marie?

Sweet dreams.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  3:54:13 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I'm sorry about the tie rods. It is really inconvenient when the wheels face different directions. Your green house is close to being put into action!
Mar
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  4:03:21 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure, but I think today is the beginning of the Celtic New Year. I spent part of the day raking leaves--LOTS of leaves--and I took Jaxon for a walk and now I'm coughing from having raked so many leaves. But it rained all day yesterday and I wanted to get those leaves off the grass before they killed it. Some of the leaves were still wet and had a bad smell. I think the neighbor's cats have been using my yard for a litter box. They're nice kitties. I just don't want them pooping in my yard.
Holly--that cake sounds interesting. I hope C enjoys it. I'm glad your greenhouse is coming along so well.
Mar--you and dd both look lovely. I've made those cookie ornaments before but you can't really store them or they get moldy. Plus I'm afraid Jaxon will try to eat them so I make them for other people. I think I fixed mine in my dehydrator.
Marie--don't you dare do any heavy lifting. Let Lowell do it, no matter how much he complains. I hope the party went well and you made a profit.
Bunny--sorry your son is being so stubborn. Did you know that the horse that finished second to American Pharoah in yesterday's race was named Effinex? The owner named the horse after his ex-wife.
Speaking of which, it was a great race. Pharoah led from start to finish and shaved 5 seconds off the old track record. Now he gets to retire to stud. He's such a beautiful horse and they say he has a sweet personality. Today is also the day that Seabiscuit beat War Admiral in a match race back in the 1930's. I loved that movie. I have the book as well.
Today was sunny and bright.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  8:08:43 PM  Show Profile
My son finally called me. We talked it out and all is ok again. Hate to say it, but he does make a good point for me moving in with his dad. His dad wants to move to Cresent City in Northern California. His mom and sister live there too. I will at least see my sons on holidays. And be much closer to them. I'm 12 hours away now. Living there will cut that time in half.
My son assured me he will work on someday getting a place that I can live in with him. He understands the issues with his dad. But knows how badly I want to move away from my mom.
Without me being able to really afford a place of my own, this is the next best thing. Of course, if I can get I to section 8 housing, I might do that first.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly