True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  5:40:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

A balmy day here in the Green Mountains. In the seventies all day with a light breeze. The sky was clear most of the day. Around lunch time the dark clouds came by and dsG was sure it was going to rain but it passed us by.

We were in the woods bucking up a tree that I had cut off a clump of dirt when it tipped over. Here in the Greens the ground has a lot of ledge in it so the soil cover is shallow. So, the trees roots grow wide but not deep. We had a lot of ice last December and then heavy winds. We have a lot of tipped over trees. I cut the trees off this clump of tipped over dirt and as I am sawing it into blocks we hear a low long whoosh sound. We all turned towards it and the ground had settled back into its original place. I said to dsC and dsG that is why you do not play under or behind the windfall stumps. If the clump had fallen on you....... dsG says I would not get out. I said you would be dead. Maybe we had a lesson today. I have never seen or heard a root dirt clump fall back into place before.

I am glad that the Dude has escaped the prostate trip. My brother in law went through it two years ago and then had radiation last year. My sister still lives with that low level worry of losing him. I am glad you have the relief of good health.

Hugs to you Mar. You are a trooper to take care of those you do. You do make a sturdy beautiful trophy and the cocoa man had better let you know everyday.

I would like to know if the cleanse removes the good bacteria from you guts as well as the parasites. I know that we care some lovely looking fauna on and in our bodies all the time but the thought of worms is just gross.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  6:44:00 PM  Show Profile
Greetings to all my lovely Goddesses of the Iris!

I spent three hours last night...till 2am...catching up on all the news I have missed. With all the things y'all do it just exhausts me! :)

Missed the Spam discussion....I had it fried as a child but I think I only served it to my kids once. My hubby was a bologna kinda guy. He was a skinny kid so my MIL did not hesitate to allow him to ear 4 sandwiches at a time when he came home from school and then he got chubby then as a sophomore he worked a soda truck and lost weight and when we started to date he had slimmed down. No more bologna sandwiches.

Marilyn.....so glad Dude came away with a clean bill of health and good for you and all the walking you do......I need to follow your good example!!

Steph...I feel your pain when it comes to living in an apartment but the guys here are terrific when you are in need of any type of maintenance....the head guy lives here so that is a definite bonus! As a matter of fact he lives above me.

Hey G....no need for the posse'.....to be honest, that cleanse sounds gross. But I hope it proves to be effective for you guys. Sounds like you are rolling along with all the work on both the homes. All the work is going to pay off in the long run. I am fine with not having any abode responsibility but some days I wish I had a home just to be able to paint the walls the color I want and decorate with permanent fixtures in the bath and kitchen.....on those days I am envious but then reality smacks me in the head! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!

Holly....Sounds like you and the kiddos had a close call....glad you are safe from the dirt clump. Your weather sounds glorious.....we are back to our typical triple digits!! I have to chuckle at the idea of a 'Heat Index'. Do they really think that there is a difference between 103 and feeling 106? Absurd!

Marie....so sorry you have to have the water shut off and then to use port'a'potties. Definitely not fun especially in the heat.

Have a good evening all! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

130 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2015 :  09:18:33 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - Ozark Farmgirl on Sep 27 2015 11:08:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2015 :  4:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Another lovely day here in the Green MOuntains. Temperatures started out in the low sixties and rose into the low 70's with a light breeze.

I spent the morning blocking up firewood and the afternoon recovering from blocking up fire wood.

Steph have you heard of WOOFERs? They are workers on organic farms. There is a web site and farms put out that they need help and people sign up to volunteer to help them for a couple of days or a week or more. I know of several young men who were woofers in Hawaii. I know people around here who wanted to learn if having a farm was some thing they could handle so they volunteered. My neighbor has had woofers come to help her in her vegetable garden. I think the host provides food. Housing is optional. The people who helped my neighbor slept in a tent. She also had a couple come who wanted to take a shower three times a day but the water system they have at their house did not allow it. They did not like to be dirty. Maybe you could get some woofer to help with your community garden.

Glad to hear from you Mel. How is the pup? Settled into the new place?

Tomorrow more wood.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2015 :  5:52:56 PM  Show Profile
Holly, take good care of yourself with all your wood work. We are picking up hay tomorrow. Dd doesn't know we are picking it up tomorrow. She makes us promise that she will be here to help. We promise and then do it when we want. Dh and I like to do this stuff at our pace. We have the time. The man we are getting the hay from is fine with us taking it as we want. Dd and boyfriend have some demanding jobs and both have had a lot of dead lines. We don't mind doing it by ourselves, prefer to. But, dd feels so guilty about not being able to care for the horses day in and day out. Silly.

So I will be thinking of your sore back tomorrow night, holly, if you promise to think of mine!

This week will be the first batch of sauce. The tomatoes are definitely ready. The basil and parsley are,too. Wee bought one of those crank type machines that separate the skin and seeds from the good parts.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2015 :  5:45:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Mar I am thinking of you. I hope dh has enough energy to rub your sore back before bed. I hope you have something easy to fix for supper.

I did a bit more wood today. Then I must have hit some dirt because the chain was not sharp anymore. A good excuse to stop. More tomorrow.

Temperatures were in the low 80's today. low humidity and a nice breeze. WE have some small green tomatoes on the plants. We had zucchini fries for supper with our fish. C is putting 3 quarts of beans in the freezer for winter.

The chokeberries are ripe and the birds are feasting.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2015 :  7:06:44 PM  Show Profile
Fellow Iris Goddesses,

We are have been back from Cragun's Resort in Brainerd for about 7 hours.

http://www.craguns.com/

The band has just left after rehearsal. We are too tired to go grocery shopping so we are ordering out.

We had an adventure getting there. Lowell asked me to go online and see how long it would take to get there. I showed him the information that it would take 2 hours and 5 minutes. Lowell had a difficult night Friday and I was up late trying to get some stuff done before morning, which it actually was -- wee hours. I didn't pack the night before which I usually do. He wanted to go out for breakfast. I said I wouldn't go unless we leave right from the breakfast place. So we got in and went. On the way to breakfast Lowell mentioned that he really should have gotten the turn signal fixed and that better be done before we go. At breakfast, I realized that I didn't have enough insulin and test strips with me for the trip and Lowell did not have his supplements. The wedding was at 4 PM and we wanted to get there by 2 PM. At noon we went back home to get the stuff we needed and have the turn signal fixed. I used that time at the auto shop to clean the inside of the front of the van. I took some trash out and sprayed the passenger side door, dash and cup holder. Lowell cleaned some of his side. Now we were off. The highway we took out was slow because of the construction which closed down the ramp he wanted to take and several others too. He had to double back and take another way. So NOW we were on our way. The ride was pretty good and we figured we would arrive 30 minutes early -- plenty of time. Before we got to Brainerd, Lowell asked me where the resort was. I say that it was on a lake to the north and west of Brainerd. Then he gets all snarky about me not bringing a map. I told him it was his job to research the route and plan the logistics. I had taken care of everything else. He decided to stop to ask how to get there. It now looked as if we would be late. On the final road to the resort, I counted the fails and Lowell and I had a good laugh. (In case you want to know, Lowell - 6, Marie - 3.) We got there with 20 minutes to spare. We didn't have time to go to the room, which was elsewhere, so we didn't have time to freshen up. He wanted me to change in the van but I needed to change my underwear and maxi pad so I went to a bathroom. He had parked in a loading zone so we had to move the car around the main lodge. Lowell went ahead of me and got to the service. I had to wait until while the wedding party was lining up and walking in. So we made it.

The ceremony had Gull Lake as the backdrop. The bride wore a dress made from cloth from the mother of the groom's stash. The groom had a little Lego figure on his lapel. Tom was so smitten with Phoenix, you could tell. Lowell said there was too many words spoken during the ceremony. After the ceremony, we checked in and had a shower then went to the reception and dance. When they started playing the hip hop, we stopped dancing. By 9:30 PM, I had started to turn into a pumpkin and went back to our room. The room was so lovely. It had a fireplace and the softest pillows I have ever put my head on. They were so nice I wanted to steal one. The room faced east and had a sliding door with a view of the lake.

During the night, the sky was lit with flickers of lightning. We shut off the air conditioner and opened the sliding door and enjoyed the fresh air. The drive back was much less entertaining.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  5:40:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am glad you had a good time in your travels and at the wedding. Good times are important. lightning bugs are so fascinating.

Not sure that I did much of anything today besides the regular chores. The day was pleasant. I did buy a new pair of shoes to use as farm shoes. They were more than I wanted to pay but I will get my cost per use down now that my feet are not growing. haha.

Hope everyone is well.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  06:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Happy Tuesday, All. I am back at my desk -- ready to recover from my three days "off." Ha! This weekend we were on the river both days, which is a bit unusual for us. Dude's Alaska daughter is in town, so we three went out on Saturday, then Sunday we had eight of us on the boat. AKdaughter's best friend, her folks, another couple and us. We had a really rolicking good time, but it was still tiring. Yesterday was a good day to catch up at home. My daughter came up and we chatted while I did laundry and we knitted and crocheted together for a while, then went up to the Dutch market and had lunch at their buffet and did some grocery shopping. I made stuffed peppers for dinner, because our pepper crop is coming on so well. Had enough leftovers to bring in for our lunch today.

This week is just today and tomorrow for me, because on Thursday we are heading down to visit South Carolina Daughter for a few days. Driving this trip, because we are trading cars with her. So we will get to go out on their new little boat and see a bit of Lake Wylie. Then a week back at home before we head up to Alaska. August is racing by and it seems like we are trying to get everything in before it's over. I am looking forward to Alaska because I have never been there.

Several of us in this room are "new" wives or partners to people who have had previous marriages -- ha ha, maybe all of us! At any rate, I have been really lucky this time to genuinely enjoy the company of the three of the Dude's kids that I have met. His son is an absolute hoot, as is the son's wife. No problem there. (Son is from the long-ago first marriage) And the two younger daughters have been fun to get to know and have always been very nice and sweet to me -- never a conflict (so far - knock wood). The ex is a bridge too far sometimes, but I just try to remind myself to ignore her.

Question being -- have any of the rest of you ever felt that "his/her" people just assume that you had no life experiences before they met you? I may not be expressing this clearly. The two daughters are very well-educated -- went to private schools and good universities. But the older one, especially, sometimes acts like nobody else in the world knows quite as much as she does. It's not like she's really a know-it-all, but there always seems to be this undercurrent of assumption that I have never hiked, or camped, or read, or cooked, or thought, or gardened, or .......you name it. I know that accepting someone into their little family circle must be difficult, as mommy is the MOST helicopter of helicopter parents and has had her hand on the stick for their whole lives and still does, and there was quite a while there that Dude just kind of shielded me from them and didn't introduce me until we were very very committed. They always include me in everything, but sometimes I get the feeling that they just don't think I KNOW anything. I know I am not expressing this well -- sigh. Anyway --- the question being --- if anyone has had this experience, how did you handle it? I don't need to stomp my feet and say "I have hiked the Wonderland Trail with a pack and my tent on my back" or "I was canning carrots before you were born!" but I have just been wavering around in my brain about how to deal with this evident need to explain everything to me like I am some kind of idiot toddler. (That's a bit harsh, but I am trying to make a point)

So far, I have just kept my silence and nodded politely. And I am sure there will be things along the way that I have NOT done -- we will be doing some kayaking on the Alaska trip, and that will be new to me. Maybe just keeping my feelings to myself would be the way to go. I should probably just be grateful that they are nice young women and that we get along well. Maybe it's just me being hyper-sensitive. Or maybe they really ARE silently comparing me to their sainted mother at every turn -- in which case there's no way I can make any move without it being wrong. Sigh. Time to get to work and think about something else, or I will be defeated before I begin.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

130 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  08:18:48 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - Ozark Farmgirl on Sep 27 2015 11:08:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  08:37:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Things have been pretty quiet around here. I do my best to lay low. My sister sleeps most of the time. So I have been lucky.
With Monday's off I sewed for the last four days. I'm working on three more purses. They are much more simpler this time around. Finished a sweet little far girl styled dress.
Marilyn, I'm now single and unless the powers that be shove someone into my life, I'm pretty happy that way. My first husband is transgendered and my second...well, I just don't trust men much any more. As far as kids, my second husbands oldest daughter bout did me in with stress. She got into so much trouble all the time. He was oblivious most of the time and didn't have a clue what to do. The reality was he just wanted another mother to take care of him and his daughters. It became obvious he didn't love me.

Ok, now I'm just getting myself all depressed remembering bad times.

Anyway, time for work. Until later. ...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  11:07:43 AM  Show Profile
I had a co-worker who just had to be right and to tell everyone what to do. She had personally entered all the new benefit information for the whole company, about 1,000 people, into the computer system herself because she couldn't trust anyone else to do it. We were in the personal office and I would take calls concerning employment references. I knew that all I could tell them is the dates they worked, their position and the name of their supervisor. She would always yell out the instructions to me while the person was on the phone and could hear her. One time I said, "I know." and she got all huffy and said "Then why am I here." After that, I just let her take all the calls, stuck to filing and ignored her when she complained about how much work she had to do.

In this case, Marilyn, I would sincerely thank them for the information by saying something like "I have never done that in that way" or "fascinating" (Mr. Spock) or "no sh**" or "you don't say" or "really? thank you so much" etc. Eventually, they will see the sarcasm in your remarks. <snicker>

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Aug 11 2015 11:09:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  12:09:43 PM  Show Profile
It is such a balancing act, isn't it, this being a mature grown-up business? I want to shout I KNOW!!!!! But I would also love to maintain a civil relationship. I like the "fascinating" response and the "I have never done it that way" answer. Honestly -- young people sometimes think that education is the same thing as smarts. ha ha I am reminded of what has been said and re-said and paraphrased so often ... from Carolyn Ingalls' and my grandmother's "Least said, soonest mended." To "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and prove otherwise." I suppose I will be silent (if at all possible) and avoid proving that I am, indeed, a fool. I guess I will chalk it up to youthful confidence.

Our poor letter carrier just came by to drop off some tomatoes from his garden. He always stops early when he's on the truck -- drops off packages, etc. Then he comes by later on foot with just the regular mail. We looked at the weather radar and could see two big thunder bumpers with lots of rain coming at us. He left about 5 minutes ago and it has started to simply POUR down rain now. One of those days when he'll be thinking a little more seriously about retirement. One more thing to be thankful for -- my indoor job.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  3:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn and Marie, your comments made me think of the Agatha Christy movie I watched yesterday. The Miss Marple they use is the sweetest little lady and how she handles this problem came to my mind after reading your posts. When ever someone was telling her something we knew she knew more about, she would just play dumb and act as though they were telling her something smazing. She always agreed with them and made them feel important for "knowing so much more than her". So just pretend you are the wonderful Miss Marple and let them think they are amazing for sharing with you.

My lesson for today.

I'm home early from work. My boss ran out of things for me to do today. Money is tight so I'm still holding my paycheck from the beginning of the month. But I didn't get sent home today like everyone else. It is just a dry period because it's summer and has been so unbearable hot. Hopefully things will pick up in September. I think it will pay off later.

My mother and sister are up and seem very busy. My mom seems to be imitating my sister in how she dresses and the food she eats. She did that when I first moved in too. It's like she wants to be sisters instead of mother daughter. But then the attududes come in and fur flies. Thankfully I have Bunco tonight.

Time for a nap.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  3:50:40 PM  Show Profile
Yep, gotta watch out for those attu dudes. They are not very nice guys.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  3:53:46 PM  Show Profile
Auto correct is so entertaining. I hardly even try anymore.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  4:30:39 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 1:26:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  5:22:41 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I do not know the tone of voice the young women are using. From what you have said before they are trying to like you and want their dad to be happy. Maybe they are just trying to fill you in on all the details so you will be able to participate. They know the life they have had but not so much about yours. I can understand them going on and on. They know their dad did a lot with them but may not know that your exes did anything. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they want you to know as much as they do in the way they do. Over time they may realize just how condescending they are being.

I am glad that you have sewing to keep you sane. Bunny

Rained today with temperatures in the 60's.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  05:28:32 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, you are in a sort of no win situation, so all you can do is try to make it better at least. Probably just time will take care of that. My close friend was never accepted by her husband's children. I see it over and over when the ex stays around.

My DH wasn't attached to his family because he has none, other than the sister in Scotland. But he had the ex wife family. So it's a good thing he moved to my country, I just wasn't going to put up with the ex wife and her three sisters. Just would not do it. Deal breaker. Period. It would have been a battle from day one and I would have been the outsider. I don't like that role.

Getting ready for my first watercolor class. Nervous. Silly, I know. Just doing it to have a little fellowship with other artists in the community. Starting out the day with a headache and not enough sleep.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  06:10:33 AM  Show Profile
See? I knew there would be good advice here. I like all of it. (Keeping silent is not MY strongest suit either!) I have been trying to keep quiet, but the Miss Marple image might just help me to do that. And Holly -- I like the way you tried to look at it from the other side, as well. I know it has to be very odd for the girls to see their dad with someone after all the years he was alone. I don't think they thought their folks would ever actually get back together -- they know them both too well for that -- but perhaps they thought that things would go on forever the way they were. I shall try to think of their comments as "helping to fill me in" on some of their history with their dad. Poor guy -- I know sometimes he feels like he is walking a tightrope between the two girls (who are complete opposites) and their mother (who is very demanding in a passive-aggressive sort of wheedling way), so I made up my mind very early on that I was NOT going to add to that.

Tomorrow we drive down to South Carolina to visit with the youngest daughter for a long weekend. She is a girly-girl -- everything pink -- wears makeup and trendy clothes -- wants the newest and most current everything and is a MAJOR country music fan. She's an architect at a big firm in Charlotte. Then we'll visit the older daughter in Alaska -- she shops thrift stores -- wears NO makeup unless she and her friend are competing in ballroom dancing -- listens to classical music and does not own a TV set -- makes costumes for the local theater company -- moved to Alaska to work for BP as a geophysicist. So...two different ends of a very long stick! ha ha ha

And I will just smile and say "Oh really? Thank you for the information."

G -- I am anxious to see what you work on in your watercolor class - as I said before, I have NO gift in that area at all!!! Bunny -- Glad you are maintaining your equilibrium, especially with your sister in residence now.
And I thought that the comment about "Attu Dudes" was a warning for me as I head to Alaska next week!!! ha ha ha

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  08:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Miss Marple would say. " oh really! That's so interesting. You are so clever! ". They say clever instead of smart in the UK.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

130 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  09:47:37 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - Ozark Farmgirl on Sep 27 2015 11:09:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  1:40:10 PM  Show Profile
What exciting news, steph. Best of luck and getting it at your price.

G, tell us about your class. I wish I was brave enough to think I could even sit in a watercolor class!

Marilyn, you are obviously a very patient and loving match for Dude. Don't worry about being told how to tie your shoes, you'll take it with the same grace you have dealt with everything else. Have a great time on your visits. Have you been to Alaska before? Sounds like a great trip you have planned.

Bunny, you are indeed clever! How ya doing keeping out of the range of fire?

I've got tomatoes boiling down today.three pots going at all different rates of simmer, of course.

Holly, your photos are always so clear. Do you take a ton to get one so perfect our are you that steady? I finally know what a choke berry looks like. Are you ready for the peepers? It's just around the corner!

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  5:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I love my digital camera because I can take dozens of pictures to get one good one. My hands shake so it is a trick getting a clear picture. My camera does have a shake setting so that is good. I do not use the tripod or the monopod very often. That would mean I had to plan ahead. The picture of the cedar waxwing was shear good luck.

Tonight is the peak night for the Perseid Meteor showers. ON the east coast they peak at 4 AM on the west coast at 1 AM. The eye on the night sky guy keeps us up to date. Unfortunately, we are to have clouds most of the evening. He said to put your head to the north and look up. Most of the meteors would be the size of sand particles and some as big as peas would be spectacular. I hope someone can enjoy them.

I took dsR for his second chicken pox shot this morning. No big deal for him.

When we looked at this property we were looking around because we could. it was a lark that worked out. We bought this property because there was water in the barn. Lugging five gallon buckets from the bath tub to the animals lost its glamour very early on at the other house. Good luck on your offer. if it is meant to be it will happen.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page