doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  3:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Deleted photo to save room. Everyone has had time to see it.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Mar 05 2015 12:24:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  5:14:41 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The B is not broken in a mean way? Is he? We are all broken to some extent I think. One of my problems is I need to fix people. After I posted last I thought I should have just commiserated. C says sometimes that is all that needs to be done. Commiserating not fixing.

Are you past the lust stage now in your relationship ?

I like the blends of colors in your house. They are soothing and pretty. I like the trees when they are full of life waiting to happen. One of my favorite times of year is the early spring when the hills are ready to burst with expectant life and have a red hue to them.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  5:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The B is not broken in a mean way? Is he? We are all broken to some extent I think. One of my problems is I need to fix people. After I posted last I thought I should have just commiserated. C says sometimes that is all that needs to be done. Commiserating not fixing.

Are you past the lust stage now in your relationship ?

I like the blends of colors in your house. They are soothing and pretty. I like the trees when they are full of life waiting to happen. One of my favorite times of year is the early spring when the hills are ready to burst with expectant life and have a red hue to them.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  5:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh GG....I swear I did not order snow.....must have been Kirk's (son) gal....she loves snow and winter....hopefully it'll just snow in Oak Cliff and leave the rest of us alone! LOL I have friends and family in Chicago that have been buried for 2/3 weeks and friends in Mass. who have shoveled everyday for two weeks and still have a foot on the ground so we can't really complain except for the fact we have to stay off the roads because Texans have no idea how to drive in snow, not even an inch! :) :) At least it bypassed my B-day yesterday, I hate that we are having rain and it's going to freeze tonight and I still have to walk Mattie and I have a wreaked knee and I can barely walk. If I slip....you know the commercial....Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!? Well that will be me! :) Gonna be mighty freakin' cold sittin' on that ice walkway!!:)

With the prospect of bad weather...Kids took me to breakfast yester day and gave me and ,of course, Mattie, gift cards to Whole Foods and Petsmart. Life doesn't get any better than that! And I have an appointment with an Orthopedic Surgeon on Wednesday.....hopefully it won't be that drastic and He can do something with a simple fix!

I love the Red Bud....had one years ago. It is a great ornamental.....just lovely when in full bloom! Your backyard looks like it has great potential. Love the new floors....you made a great choice. I am so sorry about B....I so hope you can both find some sort of way to deal with the situation that eases both of yours' frustrations.

Hey Bunny....how is the work situation going?

You have been talking about Xylitol....my hubby tried it but it did not do pleasant things to his innards....I could not deal with it either but I do hope it works for you if you choose to use it.

Joey Longano won the Daytona 500......now it's on to the Oscars! Wow...both events on the same day! :) LOL I haven't seen anything or anyone of the nominations so I can't vote for any but I do know my kiddo saw American Sniper and said it was worthy and one my pals says Boyhood is the one to beat!

Everyone....stay warm....safe.... and hope you are having a great Sunday!!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  6:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Mel, happy birthday to you! Glad your kids made it special for you and Mattie too. You are a better mommy than I am, my fur babies get no walk til this is over. They don't like wet cold any more than I do. I can barely get them to go out in the yard and pee.

Oh, Holly, you do worry too much! I'm glad to get advice, I'm always the first to give it! DH does not have a mean bone in his body, quite the opposite--He's probably the kindest person I've ever met. it's nothing more and nothing less than this attention disorder. He has a very bad case of it. I think now that we both see what it is, we will be able to deal with it. My last husband was a viet nam pow so you can imagine the difficulties we had. I was like you, I want to fix everybody. However, after my recovery from that, and my own therapy, I learned how to stop doing that, but looks like I've been called into duty again. I did not see this coming. Oh well.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 3:11:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  6:37:12 PM  Show Profile
GG, I hope you and B can work things out. I can never understand how people can hide these issues for so long and then when you finally make the commitment, the real them shows up. I know he can't help the way he is, but he needs to make a major effort too. It seems you are doing all the work.

Mel, happy belated birthday!!

So, I am making hospital gowns. The lady I work for designed them herself. They are really nice. Everything is done in sections. Right now all I am doing is sewing a wide hem in a bunch of long strips of fabric. The other lady that works there too, just sewed pockets on other strips. So it is an assembly line. Eventually the gown will be finished. I'm learning about different kinds of sewing machines. Right now I'm just working on an industrial machine that just sews a straight stitch. But boy can it go fast. I'm getting the hang of it. But tomorrow will only be my second day. We have 90 gowns to make.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  7:55:04 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I'm so glad you are working at something you like to do. Try to get enough rest. Starting a new job is always hard till you get used to it.

DH is working very hard. Definitely. you are so right though about things that come up after the commitment is made. Im not sure why that is.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 3:12:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  8:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, maybe you and B can try to find a doctor who deals with Adult ADD. There are such doctors and I know they have good non-drug therapies to offer.

Is there a cure for a jerk? I went out to breakfast with Lowell because I needed to do some errands. He called me a pig at breakfast because I wanted a bite of his leftover pancake. He kept asking me how long it would take me to find the yarn I wanted and then complained about the line for the register. Then he grilled me about his bank account. The smoke alarm went off while I was baking bread (the oven releases something that sets it off) and he talked at me for having it reattached. He said it hurt his ears and that it would never go silent. He was also angry about my indifference. What an a$$ whole. I also didn't sign up for this but then he didn't sign up for my stuff either. Still, he doesn't have to be so mean.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  9:24:56 PM  Show Profile
You can't "fix" what isn't "broken". B just needs to be loved and understood and let him do the rest. The house pictures look great--did you notice the face in the window of the back porch?
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  9:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Marie, now that's mean! Don't put up with name calling.

Bunny I think it takes years and years to fully know and understand another person. Every relationship is a crapshoot

Mel I failed to mention I'm so sorry your knee us still bothering you. I too hope it will be an easy fix

Cindy I only have my cell phone now but I zeroed in on the windows and omg there are two faces. A sinister one in black and white in the middle and a sweet pink face in the right one. I'll have to bring that up on the big computer screen tomorrow and see what the heck.

I wanted Cumberbach to win the Oscar tonight. I didn't see the one Julianna Moore did.
Didn't see Birdman and didn't want to. Sure won lots of awards.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 3:13:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  07:02:52 AM  Show Profile
I try to not comment when he goes on a rant about me or something else. He then believes I am giving him the "silent treatment" and feels hurt. There is a point in the badgering at which I just explode (hand grenade not nuclear bomb) and I am zeroing in on that point. He is always right you know. I remember a neighbor guy who was a good man and worked hard. His wife would always follow him around telling him what to do. He would just keep doing what he was doing and say "Yes dear" in a kind of resigned way. I do not want my life to be like that.

I have had to learn to practice patience. None of us are totally patient so it is a good ability to practice until we get it right.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Feb 23 2015 07:06:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  11:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

I have been thinking about the B. I think you should get a GPS for the car and a notebook to write all of the addresses in that he will need or he can write them. Keep it in the car and program home into it then he can always find his way home.

I think that since you are in a new house you can set up new habits. Like by the door most used put a shelf and a hook for his man purse and maybe one for yours as well. Then with a glance both of you can know if you have put your stuff where it belongs to go the next time. It takes a concerted effort to remember to put some thing where it belongs until it becomes a habit. I know it has taken me a while to do each step.

Maybe you both could make a list of the frustrations and master them one at a time.

hugs to you both,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  1:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone. It is so cold here, wet cold. My back hurts, my feet hurt. I'm tired. End of [bleep] session. Thanks for listening, I feel better.

holly, the trouble with the gps is it always routs you to the freeway, which is often much worse than taking the side streets.

We are setting the new house up in a very systematic way, everything must have a place and you are so right, we have to train ourselves to put it where it belongs when we walk in the door. Also when I get my sewing machine set up, hopefully tomorrow, I'm going to make an organizer for his man purse which will have a slot for every item he has to have, color coded, so we can open it up and see if anything is missing before we leave.

It's a real blessing to be able to access this amazing collective wisdom that we have here, and the caring that we all have for each other.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 25 2015 5:29:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  1:48:18 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 3:14:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile
took second pic out so not to hog the space

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 25 2015 5:33:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  1:53:27 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 3:16:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  4:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

You and the B seemed so tickled to be with each other. I guess if he can get around with Miss Kitty there are worse things. like not doing what Miss Kitty says and then getting angry. It is a way to cope. and not a fight worth fighting if this is how he has learned to accommodate for having no direction sense. do not leave him when you go out for a walk in the woods together. You will never hear his lovely Scottish burr again. lol

Sweet dreams,
Yesterday the temperatures were in the twenties and today they are below 0 again.

The bad news is that we thought Coco was pregnant and due any time so I dried her off. she did not give birth and her udder is not bagging up so I called the vet to do his preg check on her. It seems she is pregnant but not due for four months or so. He could not feel the fetus but the spots at the entrance to her uterus is feeling like she is pregnant. So, we think she had a miscarriage and then her son must have bred her and that explains the late due date. So the good news is that she is pregnant. So, a little while more until we have milk again.

I like the quilt top it is pretty. I am not good at quilts. I am much better at afghans. No seams to match. My sister is good at quilts.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  5:58:34 PM  Show Profile
GG, the quilt looks wonderful! Joe you can work on your UFO's. Little at a time. I have a box full myself.

Work today was good. Working through different parts of the hospital gowns. Pockets are done and now I'm sewing pleats. My boss is a very patient lady.

Got to go. I have to go to a local concert. I'm now the treasurer of the non-profit.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  8:43:40 PM  Show Profile
Those are some lucky dogs. I wonder what animals think when we move. When I first got this house, there was a neighbor's cat that was used to just walking in the door and around the house when the previous owner lived here. I opened the door and this flash of calico went by me. the cat looked around the bare living room and then high-tailed it out of the house and never returned. I think he figured a cat-astrophe had occurred.
I got my vegan cookbook from Baker Creek seeds today. It had been on backorder. I made the peanut sauce tonight but since I didn't have very many vegetables and didn't want to cook rice, I fried some tempeh in the skillet and poured the peanut sauce over it and stuck it in the fridge to marinate. That'll be my lunch tomorrow. And let me tell you, that peanut sauce was out of this world. Sweet, spicy, tangy, and smooth. I can't wait for lunch tomorrow.
I had PT tonight on my knee. I've lost about two pounds but need to lose more like forty. That'll give my knees some much needed relief. I wish I could use the treadmill at Nautilus but I don't want to overdo it. The therapist told me some exercises I could do at home. And I'm doing yoga when I'm able. The therapist thinks my knee hurts cause my hamstring muscles are too tight. I can believe it. I have a tough time doing a seated forward bend. I have really tight shoulders as well. I guess I'm just too tense. It's like I'm always waiting for the next bad thing to happen. Need to relax.
What kind of cow is Coco? Are you hoping for a heifer or a bull? When I was young and collected Breyer models I had a Holstein cow and calf. I liked looking through the collector's brochures at the different types of cattle. Hope Coco stays out of trouble till her calf comes along.
Bunny--it would be interesting to see a picture of the type of hospital gowns you're making. We have two kinds--snap and tie. In regular size and the really big size. The tie gowns have no metal so they use them for X-ray patients. The snap gowns have a pocket for a telemetry unit.
I hear they got an ice storm in Dallas. Guess my brother is doing OK. He works from home and they say lots of schools were cancelled. Some of our schools started late because of the cold. It's supposed to get into the thirties tomorrow--a heat wave! I'll be glad when spring gets here.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  12:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

My friend, Betty, who is well into her 80s has been married to her husband for more than 50 years. he has not always been nice to her and she had thought of leaving him. through therapy she learned that even if she left him she would probably pick the same type of man again. So, she decided to stay because she knew his issues and could work with them. She also learned how to take time for herself to keep herself sane and healthy.

Coco is a jersey holstein cross. The farmer we bought her from likes to breed first calf heifers to the other breed. he says they settle better. She is small for a holstein.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  1:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, your descriptions of the food make my mouth water. I'd like to get that recipe book. We were just saying last night we need to start trying some creative cooking rather than stay stuck in this same limited rut.

Holly that is a beautiful picture.

We likely will stay married until the end. Someone famous said," we've never considered divorce. Murder, yes, but not divorce". But we both start over every day and try.

I'm so tired of the clutter that today I had to clear out just one area and decorate so I won't go completely mad during this process. Here is what I came up with. It's a start.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 25 2015 5:34:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  1:25:29 PM  Show Profile
Coco is beautiful!! Holly, I love all your wonderful advice to GG about how to adapt to B's dilemmas. You are wise and so considerate. Thanx for being you!!!

Cindy....stay steady you will lose the weight. Hope your PT helps the knee....I have an appointment for my knee on Wednesday. You are correct about the ice in Dallas. They are still trying to remove a semi that is hanging off a guardrail on 45 just south of Dallas...almost 24 hours. It was so bad most of the schools around North Texas were closed yesterday and then most again today. Luckily people, for the most part, heeded the warning and were smart enough to stay off the roads yesterday....reducing accidents to a minimum. And it was only 25 so no chance of anything melting .. today it finally hit 32 so we are getting some thawing. With the promise of snow tonight and tomorrow morning. I realize the North and East are probably amused by 25 degrees but the ice with no thaw can be quite a treacherous situation. It has improved though, so I am not as spooked when I walk Mattie. Don't like trying to walk on the ice. :)

The quilt top is quite lovely, GG. Your furbabies sure look mighty content to watch as you go about your business.

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  1:29:13 PM  Show Profile
GG....you were typing same time as me! :) I LOVE your start!! Every little tweek will help!

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  6:06:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Mel--, you be careful going out in that icy weather. Especially with your knee.

I was so tired last night and aggravated at you know who for taking the entire day to put the bed together, I sat on the edge of the bed to try to help him figure out what he was doing wrong, and when I got up, my foot caught in a piece of the covering, I went splat on this hard floor. Didn't break anything but it sure hurt. Used extra Epsom salts in the bath and was grateful the previous owner had those safety bars installed for getting in and out of the tub. I'd forgotten how much Epsom salts really does ease pain. I was fine this morning. Anyway, falling is no fun so you be careful. Hope warm weather returns soon.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 24 2015 6:07:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page