doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  7:26:16 PM  Show Profile
Gorp. Autocorrect doesn't like any of these words.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  8:54:02 PM  Show Profile
autocorrect will not let me type Etsy in on my phone. It keeps changing it. It was so annoying!

Holly, I would agree with GG on talking to the coach. There is either something going on between them that you do t know about or he needs to u durst and that allowing Your son to play is so much more important for him as a person trying to deal with aggression and daily fustrations. Playing seems to be a stress reliever for him. I hope you can work something out.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  8:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh great, more auto correct issues. I hope you can get the gist of what I was trying to say. I'm too lazy to type it again.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  8:56:22 PM  Show Profile
It let me type gist. What the he&&.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  07:43:26 AM  Show Profile
Autocorrect must be a woman. It's so temperamental and unpredictable.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  1:17:44 PM  Show Profile
DsC and I went out for a short snow shoe today. Even with the snow shoes on we sunk 8 inches into the snow. Well, he sunk less because he is only 58 pounds and had on adult snowshoes that he really liked.

This is at the top of the field across the pond. I liked the clouds and the blue sky and the way the snow is hanging on the branches.

He is explaining to me about the sun being a clock using his shadow.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  1:57:06 PM  Show Profile
It looks like a beautiful day, holly.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  2:58:22 PM  Show Profile
Love the pics, Holly! I am with GG....you should talk to that coach....what the heck is he trying to teach these kids? Makes me mad.... for dsT!
Where is everyone? I know Bunny and GG and Holly sustain us all on here but we need some more input guys!!1 :) I should talk! I know!

I did a job on my knee when Sarah was here and we toured the Cowboys Stadium but it was better after a week or so but now I can barely walk sometimes and the stairs are killer! I can't avoid them...have to walk mattie at least three times a day. OK..'nough said...I really hate getting on here and then moanin' and groanin'...SORRY!

Weather has been terrific, 75....but the cold front is moving in tonight. The sun is shining bright!

GG...how are the new floors?

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  6:34:20 PM  Show Profile
I had some jambalaya for supper tonight. Got it at the deli at the grocery store. It was pretty good--I've never made it myself but I had some two Christmases ago that was based on a New Orleans chef's recipe. Man, it was good.
Love the winter pictures. It's getting cold here once more--down to fifteen tonight and cold the next few days.
I found out I have "mildly degenerative" issues with my knee. My dr. is recommending physical therapy. I've decided the best thing I can do for my knees is to lose some weight. I was able to do some yoga last night without stressing my knees. I don't realize how much I depend on yoga till I'm unable to do it.
I've been thinking about MAYBE getting some hens and even though I like the idea of a chicken tractor, it would probably be easier (and cheeper) to have a permanent coop. A tractor could be hard to move when the ground is soggy and boggy. Any coop I get would have to be approved by the city. And you have to have a plan for disposal of their poop but I have a compost bin so that should be easy. I need to check something on my computer--it's acting funny.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  7:06:35 PM  Show Profile
Well I just lost my whole post. Here goes again.

We like the new floors. They are designed to look old and rough. Crazy I know.
With new paint and new floors it feels like a new house.

Mel, sorry about your knees. You too,Cindy. Seems like the knees are the first to go, and we gotta use them every day don't we.

Mel, don't tell me it's going to get cold again! Today was so nice. There is a pretty tree in my back yard and I wasn't sure what it is--yesterday I discovered a few pink buds peeking out. It's a Redbud Tree. I'm so thrilled - that's always the first sign of spring here

I'll take some pics when it's in full bloom. Hopefully soon.

I have used Epsom salts baths and arnica cream with some success on my bad knee and now my hands. That and ibuprofen so far are keeping me off prescription pain meds. Also low back pain. Seems we all have that too. I do ok during the day but the pain wakes me up at night. Out at the farm I have a wonderful old claw foot tub but here i only have a bathtub in the hall bath that is too small to really sink down into. (The master bath has only a shower. )
The Epsom salts provides magnesium which also helps with sleep.

We do seem to be losing more and more of our group.

I like reading everyone's posts and the more the better.

We had our last two dance classes tonight. They are so easy compared to what we were doing in Austin. Here everybody is dealing with bad knees and we aren't competing with the younger crowd. We can actually feel good about ourselves.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 11 2015 7:22:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  7:27:10 PM  Show Profile
Cindy I hope you get your chickens. I absolutely love chickens and sure miss having them. I love jambalaya too. Wish we were neighbors.
There is a farmers market here every Tuesday and we got eggs this week. They are small but so nice to have the rich yolk and the white that doesn't run all over the pan.

Mel, how bout some more pictures of your cute little Mattie?

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  7:32:40 PM  Show Profile
Where is Pamila and the adorable little grand baby?

Noreen, you mentioned writing--are you a writer? What do you write about?

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  9:54:51 PM  Show Profile
And, Mar--whereARE you? Don't make me come in there.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 11 2015 9:55:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  10:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Bunny I was admiring that quilt jacket again and I don't see the size. You sure have some gorgeous things.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  10:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Well, it's nice to see someone is actually having winter snow. Knock on wood....we only got one snow storm this year.

GG, the jacket is an Xlarge. The measurements are listed down in the description. it seemed most of my customers wore larger sized, so I decided to go Xlarge.
Unfortunately sales are still far and few between. I'm hoping my goth line will jumpstart things.
I should have a few new things online in the next few days.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  10:14:45 PM  Show Profile
GG, thank you for the kind comments.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  5:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today began overcast and then went to stripes in the sky. In the afternoon it seemed like it was sunny but it was stripes of clouds.

The little boys sledded down our road. The road crew must be expecting more snow because they brought the road grader up and pushed back the tops of the piles of snow so now there is a shelf all the way down the sides of the road. The boys try to stay on it while sledding because there is no sand in the pile to slow them down like there is on the road.

Coco the cow was very affectionate to me while I was doing evening chores tonight. She was licking my pants whenever I was near her. Her udder is still flaccid so birth is not imminent. Her udder needs to fill up so much that it looks like she is having a hard time walking. I do miss my glasses of milk everyday and DsT was saying that he wanted cereal. He gets booboo belly if he drinks store milk so he needs to wait until she gives birth.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  6:04:23 PM  Show Profile
GG....speakin' of crappy weather :).....our obscene weatherman is predicting a chance of snow on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly...good to hear the boys were able to get out of the house and burn off some of that pent-up energy! :)

Cindy.....hope your knee improves and you are still able to do your yoga!

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  8:11:28 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 2:52:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  12:28:35 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day to all. I'm off for a few days. Maybe some of you will be back when I get back. Holly I hope you get the day off and let someone wait on you for a change. A valentine hug for each of you.

GG
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  1:19:36 PM  Show Profile
I will be playing Dungeons & Dragons tonight and going to a neighborhood event organizing meeting tomorrow. Lowell said something about going out but I told him I wanted to go someplace I wanted to try it out. He doesn't like trying places out. He like to stick to the tried and true. I told him that if we don't like it we just won't go back. He had no sense of adventure.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  2:20:34 PM  Show Profile

Happy Valentines day everyone. I do hope it is nice for you.

Here are three of my new creations for my new goth clothing line. The last dress was actually for the winner of my contest. I made it especially for her. She is a friend of my youngest son and did a great job getting my shop out there to all her friends. Hopefully it will turn into more sales.

I have been pretty depressed lately. No news on the job front....again. I just don't know what to do. If I was selling a bunch of clothing it wouldn't be so bad. But that is so much of a hit and miss too. I feel like I'm going to be stuck here until my mom kicks me out for good.

Sigh, back to the sewing machine. I have three more things pinned up ready to sew. I hope I'm just not kicking a dead horse.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  4:41:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a slow day. We did school work and then the boys watched a couple of movies on Netflix. One was a National Geographic movie on shaping the Earth. The other was Brother Bear.

it was below zero all day long. the sun was bright and cheery so that made it look a lot warmer than it actually was. DsC and DsG went out snow shoeing but did not last 15 minutes. I guess they could not move enough to stay warm.

Bunny, I like the new line. Even if it is black it is upbeat looking. I will ask around here to the young people who might like the designs.

We had haddock and rice for supper.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  6:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Happy Valentine's Day friends. We went out to eat for supper. That was our big celebration.

The temperatures hovered around 0 F the whole day. The wind was brisk and the sun intermittent. Tomorrow is supposed to be -30 F . I hope this is the last of the frigid weather for the season. I am glad the house is warm.

The little boys went with son by choice to see Sponge Bob at the movie theater. DsR said it was fun.

So I had some time to myself today. I read and slept and worked on folding the straps to my grain bag grocery bags I make. Then I did the dishes.

I am so glad that Jan is not having to survive this cold this winter. I hope GG is enjoying the anniversary.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  8:58:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines everyone........Mattie and I had a quiet day but I received a lovely bouquet from my son (Kirk) and his girl (Shelley). :)

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page