star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  12:13:05 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful jacket! I love how the vine wraps around the collar.

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

http://EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  1:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Star, Thank you! I had fun making this one.

GG, here is the pattern cover.

I am not very good at sewing from a pattern, but this one is pretty easy. At least I think if I can do it, you can do it. I have made two jackets with linings and the quilted ones, I don't. Because the quilt has three layers, I just leave the seams open and try to either stitch it down or if it isn't too thick, a zigzag stitch. I also break about 3 needles on average because of the thick seams in places. I use a 90 needle and sometimes even a 100 needle.

Good luck!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  1:45:05 PM  Show Profile
I was hoping the back cover would come out clearer so you could see the address. If you can't find the pattern, let me know and I will give you the address so you can contact her.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  2:15:20 PM  Show Profile
Well I emailed the lady that owns the SFO store to see how things are going. She said nothing has sold because the prices are too high...(ya think!) I was worried about that and I know she raised my prices over what I had and I thought my prices were too high. But they are essentially at a wholesale price on etsy. My cost plus my labor. I'm just not willing to mark them down anymore. She wants to change the terms to 70/30 (I get 70) and charge floor space. I'm not willing to do that so I told her I would have my friend come in and get my things back after the first of the year. I'll be glad to be out of there. My friend says she is really squirrely and unorganized. This makes it easy to opt out.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  3:17:27 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone ,

I gave blood this morning. They are doing it by appointment now. I have a hard time with that because I am not sure that I can make the appointment. So, I have been dropping in. I had to wa it five minutes to see if the person who was scheduled would show up. He/she did not so in I went.

Overcast again today . We had a few hours of sunshine on Saturday. It was such a relief .

Not much happening. School work for the boys, laundry and dishes.

At night we are putting the present sin their drawstring bags. We have four done and eight more to go. It is SI ch a paid to take off all of thre tags and plastic ties but it is a lot easier to do it a head of time than the morning they are opened. Then we had to hide the cardboard packaging to inquiring minds would not know what had been wrapped.

We brought in pine boughs to hand up in the house. Now that the snow has melted off of them onto the floor we will hang them tomorrow. There are so any branches down in the forest it is easy to clip the boughs off the big limbs.

Star you have better eyes tha I do to see the vines on the collar. I just admired the shape of the jacket and the trim all around.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  5:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Wow, I love that jacket. The first thing that came to mind was the vine around the collar! That will sell quickly, I am sure.

I use to bring in loads of greenery for the house and then I got out of the habit. I just love the scent of it and I think it looks so pretty.

Nothing much of note to talk about...except...My Baby Boy surprised me and came home today!!! I cried when I saw him standing in the door. Haha! He even dressed in his dress blues before he hit the house...you see, what really made it special is today is both of our birthdays! Yes, he was my birthday gift 22 years ago. I guess we have always had that special thing between us. Anyway, today was just perfect...heehee.

Well, you ladies have a great evening...I know I'm gonna.

"We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find."
Source Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  7:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Pamela, how wonderful for your son to be there, and in dress blues no less! Enjoy your time together and happy birthday!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  7:04:19 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I bet the greenery smells wonderful! I guess you have to be pretty tricky to be able to keep all the gifts a secret.
My sister always found our gifts and would tell me. I would beg her to keep quiet and not tell me what I got. She just couldn't do it. Ruined the surprise every year.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  02:56:53 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of you all. Great jacket bunny. Hope everyone is ready for a few days together with y their loved ones. How are the present sacks filling up, holly?? I bet the excitement at your house is palpable with those boys!

I am still working on the Crazy Santa puzzle. We may be eating Christmas dinner on top of the last few pieces. Good grief.

The cowl is packed up. I will post a photo of it when dd tries it on. It looks nice and I am pleased.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  04:32:02 AM  Show Profile
I found the jacket pattern

http://favoritethings.net/patterns/wearables/the_frayed_jacket

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

http://EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  4:40:32 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Bunny I love the jacket. Star, thanks for tracking down the pattern.

Holly I can just imagine Christmas at your house with all the happy children, the snow, and festivities. That's what Christmas is supposed to be all about!

Pamela, I'm so happy for you. I haven't seen my son on Christmas in a long time. We will spend tomorrow night and Christmas morning at my daughter's. She is a great cook so I know we will have a good meal.

I'm wondering about Cindy--seems like it's been a few days since she has posted.

Wishing all of you the very best holiday season ever,

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 9:42:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  7:37:31 PM  Show Profile
I'm still here...my brother's family arrived yesterday and they're all well. My mom was making buckeyes tonight and she hasn't made them for a few years so she couldn't quite remember how to make them. I'm going to make some cupcakes tomorrow (Mary Jane's buttermilk cupcakes) so I did some last minute shopping tonight. Got my meager assortment of presents wrapped and ready to go. I have some pineapple drying in my dehydrator--I had a fresh pineapple and I knew I wouldn't eat all of it before it started going bad so I'm dehydrating it.I've been feeling kinda spacey which is why I haven't posted. It's the end of one of the strangest (and not in a particularly good way) years of my life and I feel like I need a big change. Just not sure what the change should be.
Sounds like everyone is doing well. I need to contact Patty and see how she's doing. It's supposed to snow a little tomorrow so we might have a white Christmas. We haven't had any snow in December yet, just some in November. Christmas in New England sounds good, crunching through the snow, the scent of fresh pine, maybe even hearing the jingling of sleigh bells. I think a sleigh ride would be very romantic. I wish I had a fireplace and a fire to cozy up to. It's good to spend time with family and loved ones during this time. I know a woman at work who has no family to spend Christmas with. she's going to visit an old man she helps care for, who also has no family. I hope everyone has a joyful, peaceful, love-filled Christmas.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  8:46:01 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I always thought a sleigh ride would be wonderful. One year we took the children to Aspen, Colorado for Christmas, and we arranged to have a sleigh ride on Christmas Eve. I have never been so cold in my life. And the horses smelled bad. They poop a lot. Similar experience in New Orleans. Rode in the beautiful white carriage down the brick streets. Those horses stunk so badly I had to hold my nose. I don't know what they ate. I think if you are going to enjoy a horse you need to be on its back, not near its rump.

Merry Christmas to all. And to all a good night.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Dec 23 2014 8:46:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  9:34:41 PM  Show Profile
GG, funny how reality messes with such a romantic notion of a sleigh ride. I wonder about the carrage rides in Central Park.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  10:13:21 PM  Show Profile
I've done a carriage ride in Central Park. I don't remember if the horses stank or pooped. I was just enjoying the experience.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  08:06:59 AM  Show Profile
Gee, what are they feeding those horses? Our horses smell so good. We end up burying our faces in their shoulders when no one else is watching. We have all confessed to doing it! My daughter used to train horses and sometimes she would have a horse on our property and I would ask her what smelled and she would say it was what the horse had been fed. It would take about three weeks to get them "better." It was nasty. It's the feed.

Pamela, what an awesome surprise. I bet he was the most handsome man you ever laid eyes on in those dress blues. What an honor he paid you. I'm so happy for you!

Cindy, I can't place what "buckeyes" are?

Bunny, I think it is a good idea to not line the quilted jackets! And to haul butt out of that SFO store. It won't be open much longer anyway. She can't have good relationships with any of her vendors.

Holly, I had forgotten that you did all the packaging and tag removal - so smart. I bet you have to be very good about hiding that trash!

So today is the big day! We will open presents and have lots of finger foods this evening. Tomorrow will be the big meal- ham, etc. I hope everyone is happy and healthy this holiday.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  09:11:26 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I am so glad that everyone is making preparations for a festive and joyful holiday. Haley, Lowell's daughter, was going to put on the dinner at her place but she is just like her dad in that she doesn't plan anything. She doesn't even have cookware in her kitchen. She calls us to see if we can get some food and help her prepare it. I kept getting asked what I would like and I told them that I was not part of the decision tree. Well, she couldn't get food because she didn't have any money -- again like her father -- so we are supposed to get the food and cook it. The Wedge Coop is closing at 6:00 and Kowalskis is closing at 4:00 so I got a small list together and shopped out of my pantry for a decent meal. We could be at the grocery store now except Lowell is playing chess and I can't get one word out of him except blame.

<SSSSSCCCCCCRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMM> scream Why me!!!!!!???????

I'm not talking to Lowell right now. He will have to make some decisions. My day is "f"ed up. I had plans to clean, cook and craft and have done nothing because I am waiting on him. Well, I'm done waiting. My breakfast is finally done at 11:00 and I will just continue with my day.

Sorry for the rant. It saves me from yelling at Lowell and getting a sore throat.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  09:13:21 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, did you know that the mayor of New York City is trying to do away with the carriage horses in Central Park? Jon Katz has a book out about them. Interesting!

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Dec 24 2014 09:14:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  3:54:43 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We finished bagging up all of the gifts last night. It will be colorful under the tree with all of the different color materials . The little boys are very excited. They put up the tree and put the lights on it today . That was very exciting and happy for them. DdK and a friend made fudge today . It is good tht I re read want,I typed because the auto speller made fudge into u die. Yesterday I made brownies with oatmeal I them because it was left over from breakfast and then melted chocolate. Covered mint candy onto the top.

Glad your son could make it home and surprise you . He clearly loves you a lot. Happy birthday to you both.

I hope every one has a fine day tomorrow filled with moments of joy.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  4:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone is having a great and busy time. My DD and DGS is now at my mothers to be with her for Christmas Eve. She will bring my mom with her to my house tomorrow for dinner and gift exchange. I don't have a huge family over, there will only be 7 of us as most of my family is scattered all over the country. My dear grandson will be old enough this year to have a better handle on what is going on. Should be a Great time. Now if I can just keep the cats out of the presents.

Wishing everyone here a wonderful Christmas filled with love and joy!
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  7:43:34 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so the plan is to go to the movie first and come back for dinner. We are going to see The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies. I want to stay at home and cook without any interference but they are going to drag me along. I am just so tired right now that I can hardly keep my eyes open. I want to get up early tomorrow morning to get a few things done ahead of time.

I bought myself a small food processor for Christmas which will help alot this coming summer when I need to process the bounty from the garden. I want to preserve a few things so that we won't spend so much at the grocery store. I know that Lowell probably won't eat any of it but I will.

The ground is brown and wet. We have already had two snow melts. The snow so far this year has been almost nothing. I kind of figured that it would be a warmish winter this year because of the cool summer we just had. I am now predicting that the summer will be unbearably hot.

We open presents tomorrow. Merry Christmas.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2014 :  12:00:53 AM  Show Profile
I just got home from Midnight Mass. Toward the very end, one of the acolytes came running in from outside and whispered something to Monsignor. Then Monsignor announced that the plan was to gather around the Nativity outside and sing "Silent Night" but that someone had stolen the baby Jesus from his crib. So he took the baby Jesus from the creche inside the church and a couple carried it outside and lay Jesus in the manger while we sang Silent Night. Stealing baby Jesus?! I hope they don't leave him out there all night tonight. I noticed that (almost) all the bars were still open as I drove home. Probably some drunk took Jesus and will (hopefully) bring Him back soon. Oh well, Merry Christmas!
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2014 :  09:18:37 AM  Show Profile
Hope everyone is having a nice Christmas. The sun is out. My oldest son went to Monterey to go scuba diving but the water is too choppy.
My youngest is going to play with his xbox all day. He is off duty for a few days.
I made my mom two really pretty pillowcases she asked for. She got me nothing as usual. As I was making my breakfast I saw her grab her check book and write me a check for twenty dollars and put it in a card. The only gift I got was from my aunt. She knows no one gives me a gift so does it out of some kind of obligation.
I hate Christmas.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2014 :  10:01:01 AM  Show Profile
Well so far so good. I baked some cornbread muffins and prepared the shredded carrot salad. I do not believe I will have time to make the kale chips so I will just make them for myself later.

I have insisted that we all eat at the dining room table so we have moved everything off the top and under it so we can actually sit there. We have two, I mean, one and a half bottles of wine and frangelico so we will get quite merry. I still have three small presents to wrap. Lowell has purchased presents for both Hayley and I. He asked me about big boxes but we don't have any. He put them in the store room and will bring them up with a ribbon bow and them. LOL That's better than he's done in previous years. This will be good.

Sorry your Christmas is so cr**py Bunny. My present to you is friendship and peace. May all your hopes for the New Year progress in a positive direction.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2014 :  4:51:09 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had a good day. People were anxious when we first went to sit in our circle to open presents but several members ur family worked really hard to lighten the mood and are it happy. We each have six present bangs so by number three the mood had shifted noticeably and people were enjoying themselves. The rest of the day went well.

W had ham and cheesy potatoes,for supper. Son b y choice had some of his birth family over and the was good. His sister who used to be judgementL and paranoid is five years sober so she i such easier to be around. His mother I have always liked as an activist and a friend even if she was not a particularly nurturing mother. So, conversation at dinner as lively.

I am sorry Bunny that up day was pretty much like all your other days except that the glimmer of hope you might have had that your mother might have let go of some of her selfish was once again dashed. I hope you had some nice sewing and creating time.

Marie I hope your meal had some moments of appreciation. Did LOwell come through with kindness and thought?

I hope everyone else is not stressed and will have some memories to smile about.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page