Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  09:51:15 AM  Show Profile
Work up to s sale from Germany. She bought two items. Yay!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  11:54:14 AM  Show Profile
Congrats, Bunny!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  12:03:39 PM  Show Profile
Yes, congrats Bunny!! Your site is so professional looking, nice inventory and so many glowing reviews! Way to go!!!!!

Mel we didn't get snow. But it's cold. With clear sky and bright sunshine. I'm not going outside. I need to clean and pay bills today. So sick of cleaning this place. Today I want to just sleep. I feel really tired again.

Earth to Holly: you are missed.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  2:36:21 PM  Show Profile
Well I'm not sure if the store in San Francisco is going to work out much. She sent back 10 of the 12 items I sent. She said she wanted things more for fall and winter. But sent back a brown fall colored jacket and a tweed with big roses on it. I think she just wants me to make lacy scrappy skirts. I can't even do sweaters because that is what she makes. I'm not happy. She went to my website when she first contacted me. She saw the kinds of things I make. I don't understand why she sent everything back. I don't think our styles match very well. I'll try to keep making the skirts she wants. But They are the least fun things to make and hardest to get supplies for. Of course....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  3:14:58 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I agree that it is so difficult to see people aging without loved ones around. Thanks everyone for all the kudos you are giving me over MIL. Not sure I deserve them some days, but others I think I should be up for sainthood. Mom is going to be encouraged to cook and then we will do all the clean up because the state of a few items she brought with her seems to point to the fact that she doesn't see that well anymore and she refuses the cataract surgery. Yes, the drivers license in for ID purposes only! Anyway, being on clean up duty kind of ascertains that everything is safe to eat.

Bunny, I think you should focus on your store first, she can have the leftovers. You are doing well on your own and it seems she is going to eat up all your profits in postage. Good luck tomorrow.

I bet Janie goes for the red, green , white combo.

G, congrats on the new love nest.

Marie, I don't miss having to walk on ice as often as I used to. We still get ice, but it goes away a lot more quickly. Careful!

Add me to the roster of Holly-Missers.
mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  3:16:17 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I don't like that she had you send stuff and then she sent it back. And she makes something similar?? So she got a good look at what you make and how you make it. Keep a close eye on that one.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  3:40:35 PM  Show Profile
GG, I think it was more that she wanted stuff that fit more with her style. Which is very shabby chic, white, lace, etc. She puts lace on cashmere and angora sweaters that she finds at the thrift stores there. I don't think she likes my style actually. She just wants the lacy skirts and maybe the jackets. I am a bit afraid she will just copy the jackets eventually. I really wish I could find a store that was more my style. I guess I'm just not an uptown SFO girl. I'm more an granola crunchy Berkeley girl.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  3:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Uptown is more like Broadway in New York and Berkeley is more like Greenwich village.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:13:08 PM  Show Profile
and there's plenty of money in berkeley and santa cruz
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:14:22 PM  Show Profile
let the SFO problem find her inventory elsewhere.
mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Mar, I agree. I'm a bit insulted by her sending back so many things.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:36:42 PM  Show Profile
Now, I just need to find a funky store in Berkeley that fits MY style.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:46:55 PM  Show Profile
My email is not working. I can not send anything today It goes to the out basket not the sent file
So I'm back to using the tiny phone screen.

I agree with Mar.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  10:34:38 AM  Show Profile
Just got back from my interview. Not bad. One person busy office. I have to take a personality test though. I'm screwed. I never pass those.
I'm broken.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  1:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Don't say that Bunny. You are perfect just the way you are. Those personality tests are a load of crap anyway. Just take it and forget it or research personality tests and how to pass them on the internet. What you are shooting for is middle-of-the-road answers.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  1:23:11 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I researched this one and found nothing useful. It doesn't matter if they are crap. I take them and never hear from the company again. As long as they use them, I will remain unemployed. I just don't fit. I wish I could go back to owning my own store. I was so much happier.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  2:24:26 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The phone company is still on strike. I spoke to a man from across town who works for them and he said there is no end in sight. So, here I am at the library. Last week on tuesday was Veteran's day so the library was closed.

I am on page 189 reading.

All of the carcasses are in the freezers so there are that many less critters to feed. I am glad. Usually we have the chickens and turkeys raised earlier in the summer so they are not around so long. I hope we can go back to that next year.

We have about four inches of snow on the ground. The temperatures are in the twenties and the wind is very gusty.

I heard on the radio that Jan's former haunting ground got dumped on and was very glad she was no longer there.

I am glad your neighbor enjoys the DVD. Small things make people happy and we are glad to do so. , Mar, If your dd has access to very dark skin tone makeup my dd would be so happy to take it off her hands. I looked today at her stash and it is Bare Minerals.

The boys continue to thrive on doing stupid boy things. LIke riding down the hill on their Tonka dump truck and crashing on purpose into the sand pile or basketball hoop pole. They are counting down the days until winter holiday.

I will post this and move on to page 190.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  7:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Great to hear from you Holly. Thanks for checking in.

Bunny you do have your own store. It's ETSY. No overhead, no staying open 9-5, it's a good gig.
I hate that you are so hard on yourself. You sure have a great personality on here.

It is still cold here but Thursday is supposed to go back up to 70's. My DD will be here Wed thru Sat. for thanksgiving. We've been working outside now that we've had a freeze there are so many perennials to cut back. So looking forward to small space to care for.
I'm really glad we don't have ice to deal with. Or snow.

Good night everyone.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  9:13:57 PM  Show Profile
GG, I do have my own business. It just isn't making the cash I need. I need close to $10,000 in savings to move back to California. My store just isn't doing yet.

Nice you get to have your DD for Thanksgiving.

Holly, we miss you. Glad you at least have the library. Little boys will put grey hairs on your head for sure. You wouldn't believe the size of my nephews medical file at the doctors office for all his "silly antics". She use to send him outside with a mandatory helmet.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  2:41:35 PM  Show Profile
Just applied for a job where I needed to have experience with someone with a mental illness or have it myself. Finally a job I'm amply qualified for! Plus I know the hiring manager. I pet sit for her two little blind dogs. It is a peer support coordinator for people with mental disabilities. There is another job there too. In the office. So I'm really hoping I have a chance at either on.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  3:37:16 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, that is good news. Your peserverence has paid off. You are an inspiration to a lot of us.

I had a good day as well. It got up to about 75 degrees and the clouds didn't show up and there was no wind. In other words a perfect day weather wise.

They were having a recycle drive here for old computers and electronics. and I had a truck load of them. Needed to get rid of them for ages. So we loaded the jeep with garbage and went to the dump, then went to my vacant building and loaded up old electronics for the recycle center, then I stopped in to see the woman who rents space from me in town and she is ready to buy the building and we reached an agreement on that. Then we rented a small uhaul truck to take minimal items to the little house so we will be able to stay there comfortably while doing the renovating. We've got the grounds here looking good and after the thanksgiving holidays we will be able to start painting and cleaning inside. Everything seems to be on target.

So, for right now, my life is coasting along ok. nothing exciting but at least a break from bad news. glad I don't live in New York! Chest deep snow!!
We ate lunch in town and bought cheesecake to go, so tonight no cooking for this gal. I'm vegging out with a DVD of the Good Wife and leftovers with cheesecake.
Good night all.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile
GG, sounds like you had a just right day. Good for you! Hope it continues.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  9:51:11 PM  Show Profile
Bunny--I hope you get the job you want. I've worked with people with mental disabilities and it's very rewarding. I might still be doing it except that I had a VERY bad experience with my two supervisors (two people with no morals). I know the clients I worked with will get to Heaven but I doubt those two hyenas ever will. I'm kinda glad I work now in a "lowly" position. It's no fun dealing with egomaniacs. Anyway, I think you would be a good fit and would help people.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  10:04:29 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 8:01:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  10:55:52 PM  Show Profile
Yes, we live in a sorry world. I read once that the only U.S. Presidents who were known never to commit adultery were George Washington and Jimmy Carter. People in positions of power usually abuse it. Even good people can get carried away with thinking that the end justifies the means. I try not to judge people who do stupid things, but when they do evil things, that's a whole other story. I can be polite and even compassionate with evil people but if they're not sorry...well, they'll get what they deserve. There's a power greater than evil that will even things out. I've seen some bad things happen to people who had done me evil; it may take many years but karma doesn't have a timetable. I don't believe in rigid dogma but I believe in God. And God has pulled me back from the brink on more than one occasion. There is good in the world but it's getting harder to find. Maybe because there are more people than ever in the world. And more people are hungry for power. The only person I want to have power over is myself. If I can achieve that, I've won.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page