3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  08:45:34 AM  Show Profile
Good thing I kept my "booty" under the table! LOL

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  08:50:24 AM  Show Profile
Marie....How cool that you are being recognized for all your hard work! I too like #2 but am disturbed by the fact that the one boy is not engaged, so I think I would go with #3 and hopefully they crop it tight. So sorry your puzzle is broken. Shame on Lowell!

Bunny....OUCH! Hope the margarita helped (lime crisis?)! Looks like the concensus dictates Epsom salts for that tumble.

Can't believe so many of you are still getting snow......it's 75 here (for which I am truly thankful) but slightly overcast and they say maybe rain but nothing is helping this drought. 3 years and we are still deep into it. All our lakes are down 5 to 10 feet.

That all said......I am blessed to be able to wake up and greet the morning just one more time! Thanx!

Mar....Congrats on FGOTM!!! You certainly earned it! I know how all those tedious little projects can tire you out! But don't let it get you down....relax and take a deep breath every once in a while!

Gypsy....sorry about your brother but he is at peace now. Locks changed....great idea. My same thought as Bunny about the credit card and sisters access. It will be good when the funeral is over and you can put that behind you. Glad B is there to help you through all this.

And thanx to all who have visited my shop!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Apr 02 2014 08:52:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  09:12:13 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Mel. Ryan is actually very engaged. He is the most artistic kid in the school. He just looked away at the wrong time.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I also like #2. Congratulations on your recognition.
We are having bright sunshine today and 33 degrees. The snow is melting, but we still have over a foot on the ground with predicted 12 inches more coming on Friday. I am hoping it stays warm enough to rain instead of snow. Our planting season will be very late this year, hopefully we have a nice summer to make up for the late spring.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  1:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

Today and yesterday were gloriously sunny and warm. Temperatures were in the 30's. Both afternoons the littles stripped down and played on the porch. Yesterday, dsR came in from playing in the yard in the snow and said to all the little boys want to get naked and play on the porch. They all did. Laughing the afternoon away.

Today we went for a walk down our lane and back up. A few days ago one of the guineas died for no apparent reason and I walked its carcass down the hill away from the house so the dogs would not eat it. I threw it over the snow bank. The boys were excited to find the feathers and no body. We do not know who ate it but they were neat about it.

Here I am innocently drinking a cup of milk when I get to Bunny's post about butt bouncers and there goes the milk spewing onto the screen. Really a warning might have been in order. lol

I like picture #2 because it is big enough to see your smile and your eyes. I heard on the radio that 15 year olds here in Vermont do not do well on the standardized tests but are the best in problem solving skills. I think I will put my bid on the ability to problem solve over the ability to take tests. I bet some gorilla glue and a dowell would fix the pleisiosaur . I have been thinking about the mirror words you do and the problem with the letters that hang below the line. Is it possible to do the words so the tops of the letters join and not the bottoms? Then there is the problem with the tall letters. Still thinking on a solution.

Have a good afternoon.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  3:55:43 PM  Show Profile
I vote #2, too!
mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  8:06:57 PM  Show Profile
hello, all,

Marie, what a nice thing to be recognized for your dedication to the kids. the photo selection is always hard. you personally look nicer with your smile in 2, but the group looks better as a whole in 3, so I'm glad i don't have to decide

I'm still in recovery mode. my brain feels very foggy. Im fine, and then suddenly it hits. we are going to the country this weekend for sure.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 02 2014 8:13:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  8:11:13 PM  Show Profile
And, Marie, I want to say you have aged beautifully. I like these pictures more than the younger ones you've posted in the past.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 02 2014 8:13:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  9:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. Made it to San Diego safely. I got to see my cousin I haven't seen in almost 13 years. That was nice. The two of us are the misfits of our family.

I will see my youngest son tomorrow. It is nice weather here. In the 60's..just perfect. My backside is still in pain. It is of course worse sitting and getting up. There doesn't seem to be a lime problem here yet.

Holly, those are some brave little guys running around in the all together in that cold. Kids are funny.

Marie, I agree it is nice to see your face.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  07:12:52 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I am glad you are there safely and enjoying good weather. Have a great time today.

Marie, How nice to have your hours of dedication celebrated. Congratulations, I hope you feel very proud of yourself. I bet you get some great recognition from your kids for this honor!

GG, the grief hangover is very debilitating. I hope you take the time you need to recover. You have had to hold up your mom, too.

Mel, so excited to hear that your etsy shop is taking off. Congratulations. That first sale is such a great feeling.

mar
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  09:10:49 AM  Show Profile
Yea Bunny....happy you made it to San Diego safely and in good stead except for the sore tuch ! :) Have a marvelous day!!!

Gypsy.....glad the fog is lifting and your psyche is on the mend! It will take a while but you have B to help you through and the farm to relax!

Thanx Mar. :)

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  6:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

A very nice day today, The snow is melting like glaciers, from the bottom. Mud season has started. The road crews are filling in the sink holes already. The top two inches of the dirt roads are slippery mud. This time of year is often more treacherous than winter. The mud and ruts can throw a car off the road. If the road crew does not keep the roads maintained a car could sink to its axles without warning. Ah, the fifth season is so fun, like an amusement park ride.

The sap is running, I have seen the ambitious out boiling. We do not have our taps out yet. That is C's job and I will not micromanage it.

Bunny enjoy the visit with your family. The buns are healing and at least the bruising will not show around your bikini at the beach.

I hope a quiet time in the country will move the healing along, GG. Did your brother like any particular flower or bush? YOu could plant some and create a little memorial for him with your crafting skills.

Mar, figuring anything out yet? We never owned a trailer, always figured it was easier to hire someone who knew how to back the silly thing up. What are the gas prices in your neck of the woods. The Suburban must get a comparably low mileage as our Tahoe gets. We only use it when we are taking too many children for the Subaru.

Running very low on battery here.

I hope every one is well and finding moments of joy.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  6:32:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. I saw my son today. It was wonderful. I brought hankies for all in out group and they were certainly used. We get to bring him home tomorrow. His dinner wish for tomorrow night is pizza and beer. He looks great and is still my sweet Jesse. The Marine corps didn't beat that out of him.

Plus I got an emIl today saying I have two things in the next altered couture magazine!!! My slip dress and my brooches made from shirt collars. I'm thrilled!!

Glad the snow is starting to melt.
Gypsy, I hope you are feeling better. I don't like it when you are sad.

Got to go, we are off for dinner.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  9:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Well, Bunny, that's it--Im going to have to subscribe to that magazine! You have done an amazing job! Im so delighted that you are getting some recognition

Holly, my brother was a reader, he has thousands of books on every subject to do with politics, history, science, or the wild west. He was the consummate Texan. A throwback from our grandparents' day when they were outlaws and cowboys. He was brilliant but never really fit into polite society. He spent most of his time in bars when he wasn't home reading. He had no interest in flowers, plants, or the like, but I do think something in the garden in his memory is a good idea.

I spent today going through papers. He never filed anything. 1995 and 2014 in the same pile.

Im irritated at B tonight. He knows it. He's been kind of leaving a mess everywhere then complaining about clutter. we had a polite talk. now everything is quiet and tense.

I am glad you saw your son, Bunny and hope you have a wonderful time. I'm not only sad, I'm in a bad mood as well. Tomorrow hopefully will be better. Talked with my brother's lawyer today and its going to be an ordeal

I wish you all good night and hopefully things in my life will be back to normal someday soon.

GG
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  9:41:54 PM  Show Profile
Hugs Gypsy.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  10:00:58 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I think you are well on your way to being a regularly featured artist in Altered Couture. I am thrilled for you. Hope the pizza is tremendous. And that sitting and standing and walking and bending....is a bit easier with the bruised bumm.

GG, clutter is irritating. Clutter-makers are irritating. Dealing with death is irritating. I wonder why you are feeling irritable? Hope everything clears up. I'm sure it seems like an ordeal, but one step at a time...

Holly, gas around here is running in the $3.40 range for regular. The Suburban pulling a trailer with two horses in it over a number of hills...gets dismal gas mileage. Oh well. Even though there is nowhere for the horses to go, they move so much in the trailer that you feel like someone is pulling the car back sometimes. Just a lot of jerking.

mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  07:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the congrats. I'm pretty excited myself. It isn't easy to come up with the strange stuff they seem to like.

Gypsy, you know marriages take work. I'm sure you two will be back to your old selves in no time. Men just don't get it sometimes. You are under so much stress right now. He needs to step up a little more for a while.

I'm doing really well here. I'm thinking a big part of my fibro issues are because of where I live. I have thought that before but don't have much choice right now. I have had no problem keeping up with everyone and other than some pretty bad hard run last night, have been feeling great. The margaritas did help. ;)

My son looks great and is standing tall.
His nickname is Giraffe. He said it could have been worse. One guy gets called Slopez and another is Gerkin. Love the creativity of those drill instructors. He is very glad to be leaving here. Oh!! And his job will be helicopter mechanic. I was hoping for that. He has a better chance of being stationed back in California.

Time to get ready for the official graduation ceremony.

Later all. Btw, the weather is perfect. I'm sunburnt for sure.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  07:18:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh!!! And Willie Nelson's motorhome is parked just outside my room. We haven't seen him yet, but he is playing here tonight. We just couldn't afford tickets.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  07:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

There is 8 inches of new snow here.

Bunny - sounds like you are having a blast.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  08:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Sheesh, Bunny is sunburned and Marie has 8 inches on new snow. We sure cover the entire US on this site, don't we?

I just put in stop orders for the gas and electricity for our home. It definitely feels official. Six more nights here. So far, we have two homes we will look at as soon as we get to the other side of the state.

Bunny, my pain goes away when I am happy and surrounded by all my loved ones, too. You will probably be "down" for a few days when you get home both mentally and physically. Don't let it derail you from all the great stuff you have going at home. Enjoy the time you guys have together to the fullest and try not to get a restraining order on you from Willie Nelson!

back to moving chores,
mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  12:37:44 PM  Show Profile
Mar, my older son has been circling his van on a regular basis hoping to see him. I have to work hard to rein him in.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  5:28:05 PM  Show Profile
All right, Bunny, maybe you ought to go out and give him a hand in keeping an eye out for Willie. Just don't miss your flight home! And be careful of that sun exposure, we NW girls are used to a lower solar index.

Today, we met up with a guy from Idaho who bought our trimmer. Then we went and made our almost last trip to the storage unit. We are tired (news to you, I know) and looking forward to having a few lower activity days. I have most of the drawers and cabinets emptied and wiped down. Dh is going to finish up in The Cubby tomorrow. We have some sweeping to do in the shop, barn and garage. The stalls are stripped. We will probably spray for weeds along the driveway.

I will miss the glorious show that my tulips put on. But, I know the new owners will be very surprised at the sheer number of bulbs they are getting. And I guess I won't miss having to deadhead them all. But, bulbs are one of the first things I will be looking forward to planting at our new (undiscovered) place. Keep your fingers crossed that we find something VERY soon. It is so unsettling to not know where you are going to be...I am not as adventurous as Jan. I want to find a place and stay put.

Dd and boyfriend say they are looking forward to our staying with them for a bit. They want us to stay with them indefinitely, but we just want to stay for about a week so that we can rest and get on our feet again. We would be spending every minute at their house that first week even if we checked into a hotel!

We found out that our neighbors who lost their home in the fire had lost the adults' bicycles. The girls have theirs, but mom and dad can't go for a ride with them. Dh and I decided our bikes were something we could live without. The neighbors were very happy to get them. I also gave them a mailbox that I had painted. They already installed it. That made me smile. Their rebuild will take three to four months more.

GG, hope you are safely enjoying the quiet of the country.

Marie, hope you are warmly enjoying the sounds of the weekend!

Jan, hope you are not working too hard.

Holly, hope you are watching some naked bums out on the porch again.

Mel, hope you got another sale.

mar
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  6:07:51 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I am thinking that your snow has stopped now. It is a blizzard here right now, very high winds and blowing snow. It rained this morning before turning to all snow. Tomorrow it is supposed to get to 40 degrees, so if it does, this new snow will melt, but we still have a lot of snow on the ground that is frozen solid and will take awhile to melt.
Mar, how nice of you and DH to give your bikes to your neighbors. I am sure they will think of you each time they ride them. They will miss you, I am sure. I hope you find a place very soon too. Yes, I like adventure. I am so anxious to see the country. We are still looking for a motorhome. They are still in storage around here, probably for another few weeks.
GG, I hope things settle down for you so you can start enjoying your weekend out in the country more. How far away is it from your apartment?
Bunny, great news about the magazine!!!!! I knew they would like your work. You may just end up being a regular on there. So glad you are enjoying your time there, pain free at that. Did you get to see Willy? How was the graduation?
Holly, Hope you are enjoying your new kitchen. Did you take any before and after pictures? They are tapping trees here now also. Most are expecting a good run this year, hope you do there also.
Mel, Hope all is well with you. Please send some of that warm weather this way. Marie and I would gladly accept it!!!!
Janiee, Hope you are having a good weekend so far.
I worked today, it was dead, but did pick up later in the day. Makes for a long day. I do knit when it is slow to pass the time.
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2014 :  05:31:12 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

DdK and I did power grocery shopping last night. We went to three stores and are done for the month. DdK is an expensive keeper. I told her last night that my spending a $100 on beauty supplies was over the top and she needed to be more conservative. But, Mama she emphatically told me I was out of everything. I told her that I was not buying any teeth whitener. Hers are beautifully bright. Well, They are not as bright as the women at the orthodontist. She informed me.

I read in the newspaper that Willie Nelson has a stuffed armadillo that he has on stage when he performs. Someone swiped it in Texas. After it was announced it was returned and they were special delivering it to his next performance in California. I think he must be a late riser because the concerts go late into the night and then he has to unwind from the performance.

Yesterday, it was warm but not naked bum warm. It started to rain as the sun went down and has done so all night. It is still raining now. I saw that the slopes that are facing south are clear of snow. We face west. The snow is compacting. The depth has reduced two feet so far. My pallet gardens were covered with snow and now are half exposed.

I hope the snow goes away soon and the ice sheets melt. The pigs' stall is getting deep downstairs and I would really like to move them to the other barn. I think they would have a really hard time walking on the snow with their little hoofed feet. I think they would not skate well on the ice sheet that was covering the floor of the lower barn. So, I hope it is melting.

Mar you are very kind to gift to your neighbors. Three less things to move. I hope the soil in your new yard is fertile and not stony.

Jan I told C yesterday when you said you were getting more snow over night than you had all season that you were counting the moments until you were out of there to warmer climates. I hope by now that your B's retirement income has started.

I think that M'Lyn must be exhausted each day because sugaring is a daily long process. Sugarers around here try to finish up all the sap they have collected each day that day.

Today I am taking dsT to his AAU basket ball games. There is one at 12:40 and one at 6:30. A pain in the neck timing as far as I am concerned. Then there are two games tomorrow for the same tournament as well.

Have a good day.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2014 :  1:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jan....I so wish I could pack up some of that warm weather and send it on to you and Marie...although it has been slightly cooler here the last two days. 40's at night 60's during the day. 4 F1 tornadoes touched down in North Texas about 100 miles west of us, on Thursday!

Holly...sounds like toting dsT around to all of his basketball games is a bit exhausting! You are a truly good Mama! :) And girls always think they don't have enough make-up...it never stops. Thank god I only had boys!

Mar...thanx for the hope for more sales...I have a real need to add more items but seem to be in the middle of many projects. I have this need to jump from one to another so as not to get bored with one process. But I do have a plan at hand! :) Will probably be finishing up on a few next week.

Marie....where are you? Buried in a snow drift? Hope not!! :)

Gypsy....how 's the weather at the homestead this weekend? Have you and B reconciled your differences concerning what is and what is not clutter and when it is necessary and when to just keep the comments to ourselves. It's all relative, you know!! :)

Janie...do you have the new work project under control yet? Learning new things when they have glitches makes it all so much more difficult. Time and patience will tell! :)

Bunny....doing the happy dance for you getting to be with the sons! Does he get some leave now? Did you ever get a glimpse of Willie? Congrats on the repeat in Altered Couture!! :)

My best to all,
Mel
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page