Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  09:31:49 AM  Show Profile
Marie, I'm so sorry you feel trapped in this relationship. I have been there and can understand. Unfortunately I acted rashly and got out without a safety net and lost everything. So here is my sage advise. Start squirreling money away. Think about the cheapest but acceptable conditions you could live in. ( I'm at the living in a trailer in a trailer part stage myself). Plan your future but hang in there for now. I can tell you are a smart and strong person. You shouldn't have to live with someone that doesn't respect you. Think of something you can do to earn extra money. My etsy site is finally paying off. I have made 600.00 this month so far. But it took a while. And finally, I'm going to send you a prayer I started saying every day that seems to be making a difference for me. But most of all, we are here for you!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  10:30:26 AM  Show Profile
Well said, Bunny. I know too well also, I lost everything twice!!!!! BUT, I am not sorry for getting out of either of those marriages, I am still living and much better off now. Marie, we are all here for you, don't every forget that!!!!! You deserve more respect than you seem to be getting.
We took a ride to the gas station and around the park and took the dog (Olivia) with us, she love to go for rides. Then we walked around the block with her. It was a bit on the cold side and breezy, 14 degrees. I am so thankful for heat!!!!!!!
More later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  10:57:08 AM  Show Profile
Here is my jacket I made...I decided to keep it. It looks funky in this picture.. but it gets lots of compliments.

and hoping this comes out right side up... the shirt apron I made for my friend. I actually made two of them.

sold two more dresses last night... I need to get to work!!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  2:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies.

I sometimes believe that I only complain to get attention. One long time friend discontinued her friendship and that was one of the reasons she gave. I wait to put anything negative on this thread until I am certain that it is a real problem. I don't want anyone to think I am just a complainer.

Bunny, that jacket is so beautiful and I believe that someone would pay a pretty penny for one. I would.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  2:27:44 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I hope you feel supported here. I think Bunny's advice of not doing anything rash is sound. As long as you are safe and it does sound like you are physically safe, but taking a beating emotionally. Hope today is better. Having choices always makes me feel more in control.

bunny, so glad to hear your sales are taking off.

Jan, thank goodness you are finally with heat! That was quite the brisk walk around the block. We haven't been walking down our driveway lately because it is an icerink.
mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  5:12:56 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had single digit temperatures today. The sun was brilliant and the sky so blue.
The little boys played with their remote control vehicles most of the morning. When they started to crash them into each other I had them park the little noisemakers on the table for the rest of the day much to their disappointments.

I told fashionista J today as he came down the stairs in his skinny jeans that when I was in high school I wore hip huggers. He said skinny jeans. I said, they were called him huggers. But, it would have been a major fashion faux pas to have my underwear showing like he did. He wears these low cut jeans and has his briefs pulled up so they showed over the tops of his pants, like several inches. I quietly cover my mouth and laugh.

Tomorrow is J's girlfriend's birthday as well as mine. Cheri asked him if he would be here for my celebration. He said, yes. She asked how will you celebrate Kl's. He smiled and said I will wake up next to her. She will be 22.

I am sorry Marie that life is so emotionally difficult right now. I do not know if this is a year round life pattern or whether it is seasonal affective disorder to the nth degree. These long dark nights wreak havoc on our emotions without having to deal with others who are never ending emotionally needy. I am glad to listen to you. I am glad you have a sense of humor as well.

Bunny congratulations on the sales. I hope they continue and I hope you are able to save some of your earnings towards your goal of moving back to California.

Jan you are right about heat and water being essential luxuries. When you don't have them you suck it up and deal because it is what is necessary but when they come on the sense relief is palpable.

Mar plugging along? I think that the emotional rollercoaster of trying to sell your house is taking its toll on you as well.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Dec 26 2013 5:15:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  7:20:56 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 24 2019 09:54:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  2:37:20 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Holly! I hope you have a great day with all your loved ones. I am amongst the well-meaning farmgirls who didn't get your birthday wish in the mail in time. But, as we have all acknowledged, it will give us the excuse to celebrate longer! Thinking of you dear friend.
love, mar
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  3:59:07 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!!!!! Hope you had a great day!!!!
I worked today, it was slow, but that is okay, I got to do some crocheting in between customers. Then we went to Chinese for supper. Been awhile since we went there. We do not have many restaurants in our town. We need to travel 65 miles for a good one. We would starve by then!!!!! LOL!!!!!
I will try to get on here later.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  4:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday Holly! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  4:58:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday dear Holly

Bunny, Wow!! You have not had the shop up even a year yet, have you? I think you have done an amazing job!! No one deserves success more than you.

Mar, I'll tell you a story that maybe will make you feel better about your house situation

My building is now on the market for a give away price. I just want done with it. So I put a rock bottom give away price on it. So a guy comes along and offers me what I asked, but wants to rent for a year, at a good rental - higher than average, AND says he is going to spend the big bucks to fix it up. Sound too good to be true? It is. We had to be completely out by Feb 1st and we are going to Sedona the last week of January. So here we come today, ready to get to work on cleaning it out since we only have three weekends. Turns out the guy is a wealthy investor. Mr Got Rocks. This afternoon was the first blow. The ac is old and needs replacing, says it can't be fixed, and he wants 2 units instead of one, plus a "bunch" of additional wiring plus additional ductwork. The tab? $18,000.00. So he says he can't do that and pay rent too, so he wants a years free rent. By the way they already sent everything to the lawyer to start the paperwork. He "said" he'd pay half. Nothing in writing and no deposits.

So my B dictated a letter for me to send. He has a degree in advertising and communications and extensive background in writing. Even though he dropped out of the corporate world many years ago, he hasn't forgotten.

So we beautifully and ever so eloquently told the investor, the realtor, and the lawyer to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Marie, today is a new day and I hope you are feeling better about things. My only advice is never absolutely never make a life altering decision while upset. I knew for a long time I was going to break up with Ed. So I was able to do it calmly and rationally thus having the upper hand.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  6:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I had a lovely birthday celebration. Cheri had invited many friends over dinner, cake and ice cream. We had seafood lasagna, red lasagna, salad and coconut cake. Cheri made the lasagna and the cake. A neighbor brought the salad, The company was fun and the food delicious.

I woke up this morning and opened my package from the always thoughtful Jan. She knit for me a warm gray watch cap and fingerless gloves. The gloves fit my hands and are snug to keep the warm air in. Thank you so much for remembering me for my birthday.

One gift I received is a t shirt that says

Let's eat Grandma
Let's eat, Grandma
commas save lives

I thought it was pretty funny.

Gypsy I think telling that investor to put his head in the dark place was the way to go. Remember when we told Janiee about investors? It would be nice to sell it but desperate you are not.

Thank you all for the warm birthday wishes.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  8:27:20 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

Thank you so much. I do feel supported here. I will go visit my neighbor, Joanne, tomorrow and sit in her happy presence. I have to return a DVD to her anyway. Of course, only half the story is being told. I am certain that Lowell could shed light on his thoughts about my behavior. Frankly, sometimes I just do not know why I get so mean.

Holly - I just do not understand those pants the certain young men wear. I saw a girl wearing them once too. I saw a guy here wearing them below his buttocks. He could hardly walk. I learned about what they symbolize from a good authority and I wish kids would know the message they are sending to some people. I just wish guys would wear their pants correctly. I am so amazed that this fashion trend has lasted so long. I mean no offense to J. This is just one little old lady's opinion. "Pants on the ground, Pants on the ground. Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground."

Janet - I'm so sorry about the restaurant proximity situation. We have a dozen or more restaurants in a two block radius of us but Lowell still insists on going to breakfast 7 miles away down the highway. We could walk and get food just as good. It is his favorite and safe place to go. I am not going with him any longer unless I have an errand to run out that way.

Gypsy - Good for you! I really dislike people like that. Jeez, it's as if they are afraid of running out of money. You did the exact right thing. If he wants it so bad, he will meet your terms. I would suggest not accepting any future offer from him or anyone associated with him in the future.

The temperature got up to 37 degrees today. I was out in my t-shirt. I had let Mitzi outside while I went to get the laundry from the drier. When I came back she was gone and I thought I saw her in the neighbor's backyard on the other side of the fence. I put the laundry in the house and got on my outside shoes. When I came out, I didn't see her. I did discover that one of the dogs in the building had made a habit of pooping by the corner next to the fence. The landlord has threatened to fine every dog owner in the building $50 per poop left in the yard. Even though, I take Mitzi offsite for this purpose I cleaned up the $250 worth of poop anyway. We are supposed to get hit hard with a freeze and snow this weekend. Glad I picked up that poop while things were soft.

Lowell will be auditioning a guitar player tomorrow. Apparently his guy said that putting a band together is as hard as finding the right woman to marry. True, so true.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  9:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Happy Belated B-day Holly! Sounds like it was fun! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  4:13:06 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

J used to wear the very baggy jeans that were at least three sizes too big. He wore boxers under them. I sweat the only thing holding up those pants was the male appendage. I once saw a young man walking down the street and I thought he was disabled with cerebral palsy. As he walked closer it dawned on me he had to walk like that to keep his pants off the ground. The pants J is wearing now will stay up without a belt although he wears a wide white one. It reminds me of the belts go go dancers used to wear.. He is appalled when I refer to his clothes in terms that are familiar to me.

A quiet day here on the hill farm. Temperatures were in the low thirties and although it never seemed to get above the crucial 32 mark the water did drip off the roof.

I am so glad I do not need to pick up poop. I am usually hopeful for the first rain storm of the spring after the snow melts to melt the poop into the ground.

Sweet dreams.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  4:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I use to tell my kids. Pull up your pants...crack kills. My oldest totally gets it. My youngest is very tall and skinny and wears tight hip hugger skinny jeans. That will end when he goes into the Marines in January.

Gypsy, I'm glad you walked away from that deal. So now go enjoy your wedding and deal with the building when you get back.

I went to the new Goodwill store that just opened. Not going back! They are trying to make it look like everything is new and the prices match. I found a plaid men's shirt with a shredded sleeve priced at $7.99. I just turned around and walked out. The building is brand new along with top rate fixtures. The prices are too high for a second hand store if you ask me.
Very disappointed.

I'm still getting sales. I have two ladies that have bought 3 items so far and one of them is already looking at another dress. Another lady emailed me asking if I could put short sleeves on a sleeveless dress. I pinned some on and sent her the picture. Hopefully she likes it and will purchase it too. I told her as soon as she made her purchase I would sew them on and get it in the mail.

My mom's reverse mortgage didn't go through. Too many things that just couldn't get done in time. She can't seem to get some liens removed from the house. The local court approved their removal, but it was never done. She will have to go to plan B. Her boyfriend is going to help her. The current mortgage needs to be paid down more to qualify for this next try. But there is no deadline this time.

The weather here is soooo gloomy. No sun, no rain and no snow. Just fog and cold. It is hard enough to sew in the basement all day but with no sunshine it is pretty oppressive. Even my music didn't help today. Plus my cats were all being pains. It's like having a bunch of siblings fighting all the time. I had to put two of them in timeout rooms so I could work.

Hope everyone is feeling better and staying warm.

Until later.....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  4:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I hear you Bunny about the gloomy weather. Today was overcast all day. It started to rain at dusk and is now sleeting snowing. The roads are not too bad yet. I just returned home from picking up T and had no trouble but, I only went 40 mph tops. The weather guessers are saying 6 to 10 inches by midnight. We can only hope for that much snow.

I am glad your creations are selling, Bunny. I hope they continue to move to other homes.

Bummer about your mother's reverse mortgage not going through. I do not know enough about them to have any sort of intelligent conversation.

Gypsy, thank you for the birthday card. We almost peed ourselves reading it.

Haven't done much today. laundry, school work with the little boys and taxiing.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  5:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Today was a not so fun day in the sewing room. I have a customer that is 6ft tall. She has purchased 3 dresses already and has contacted me about a 4th. But because she is so tall she asked me to add fabric to the bottom hem. Not as easy as it sounds. The dress is made from men's flannel shirts. The hem is not even all the way around. So finding enough fabric wide enough took all day. I did 3 attempts and cut up 2 really nice dresses. I was happy with my last attempt and it looks like she is going to buy the dress....now to just wait for her to purchase it and then to work.

Then I was making my dinner and cut my finger big time. Boy, blood is really red. It's bandaged up pretty well. Not looking at it until tomorrow.

Time to veg at tv... Later all

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  6:33:41 PM  Show Profile
Wow Bunny, you are really taking off with your outfits now, I am so glad that it is finally working out for you. Now to keep up with it. I know school will be starting soon again for you. Sorry to hear about the reverse mortgage deal. Hopefully there will be another option out there for your mom.
Holly, glad you are getting the snow you have been wishing for. It is below zero here, and very, very windy. Yesterday it was 30 degrees and felt like summer!!!!! Now we are in a deep freeze for the rest of this week. We have about a foot of snow on the ground, which is good for ground cover so the pipes won't freeze, hopefully. The bummer part is, I cannot make a snowman!!!! It is so cold here and such dry air, that our snow is not good packing snow. We only get the wet snow in March and April when it warms up more, but by then I do not want to see any snowmen in the yard!!!!!
What are your plans for New Year's Eve? We are usually sleeping by midnight. This year the city, for the first time is having fireworks and instead of a ball drop, a pasty drop. Of all things!!!! It will be way too cold to go down to the park to watch that. I may pick up a bottle of wine and have a glass of that. If I feel like going out into the cold tomorrow.
Have a great evening, and stay warm and dry,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  8:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I had a pretty good weekend. I went to breakfast with Lowell on Saturday because he said he would go grocery shopping right afterwards. I have to go because he never gets what I want or buys the wrong thing. I forgot to buy toilet paper. Oh well!

While Lowell was auditioning a guitar player, I went out to shovel the neighbor's sidewalk. The day was warm and sunny. I worked up a sweat and had to take my sweater off. I cleared her sidewalk in jeans and a t-shirt. Mitzi behaved herself by sitting in the sun in the front yard.

Today, I stayed home in the morning and worked on my list. I feel really good about the progress I have made.

Holly - I have a book that you might want to get for the littles when they have mastered the single crochet stitch. It is Learn to Crochet Socks For the Family by Darla Sims. These are cute and easily socks and it shows how to alter the patterns to fit a particular foot. I can copy it and send it if you would like. In the city we can get some kind of citation for having poop all over the place. As I said, our building manager has threatened to fine every dog owner in the building $50 per piece of poop found in the yard. I should see just how legal that is.

Jan - If you get wine, just drink the whole bottle. Why not? It's New Year's Eve. (hic)

The best free party in Minneapolis is in downtown at Brit's Pub. They will have a Beatles tribute band and free champaigne at the British New Year (6 pm) and at the local New Year (12 am). If Lowell is up to it we'll go there. If not, we'll stay home and watch Damages.

Now, The List:

Ironing & Mending - ironing almost done, I bought some flannel to make a night gown and robe from and I have to iron all 14 yards; finished three items in my stack of mending

Christmas Stocking Swap - stocking in 1/3 sewn together, I hope to get it done tomorrow and mailed off on Tuesday

Calls - am getting this stuff organized; want to go to the free legal clinic at the county office for advice on how exactly to fill out the administrator paperwork

Financials - Lowell's monthly statements for the last two months need to be done; updates on my credit card and IRA balances need to be entered and the yearly analysis needs to be prepared

Letters - no progress

Name Doodles - no progress

After School Class - store Fall semester records and planning for Winter; no progress

New Swap - currently gathering materials

I have some pictures to show but cannot do it on the laptop. Darn that Lowell.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  8:54:54 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 24 2019 09:56:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  9:01:07 PM  Show Profile
Marie you posted ahead of me. I was commenting on your post before.

Dog poop is a serious thing here at the complex. I'm amazed at the slobs who don't pick up after their dogs, the big dogs are the worst. It is a $25 fine here but nobody seems to care.

Out at my house I don't pick it up. It's a big place and my tiny dogs poop is nothing compared to all the nasty raccoon poop everywhere. The sun and the rain take care of it.
hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Dec 29 2013 9:03:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  9:45:14 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, I am amazed at the sales the last week or so. Makes me feel like I'm on track. I'm worried about when I start school in a week. It is going to take up at least 4 complete days of work. I'm only good until about 3:30pm and then I just hurt too much to do anything else. I use to be able to keep going until after midnight. Even only 3 years ago I could work until 8or 9 pm. I don't think Oregon is good for me.
As I told Marie, I found this abundance prayer online. It sounded hokey but I did it anyway. I say it every morning. Within 3 days I started getting orders. And they haven't stopped. I'm pretty amazed. I feel like I'm tuning my thoughts to success. I can only hope I continues. Hopefully without having to alter too many outfits.

It takes time for two people to learn to live together. I'm sure you two will work out all the bugs soon. Sorry B got his feelings hurt though.

Janet, I don't blame you for staying in for New Year's Eve. I don't do anything. I'm not much of a drinker. I'll probably be in bed by 10.

Time for bed.

Nite all...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  10:03:19 PM  Show Profile
Bunny I would like to know the abundance prayer. If you could send me the link. I believe in the laws of attraction. And the power of positive thinking.

We've decided to stay in for New Year's Eve as well. We will go for early supper then get home before the masses have time to get drunk.
hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Dec 29 2013 10:05:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  10:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Gypsy, here is the link. It was hard to find one not attached to a questionable website trying to make money.
This is from Sparkpeople.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=19335x37762x52446864

I printed it out and repeat it once a day. You can replace the word universe with God if you want.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly