Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 Anyone growing out your hair?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Anyone growing out your hair? Next Topic
Page: of 5

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  05:26:58 AM  Show Profile
I just over heard someone talking about having to take Biotin capsules because they couldn't get their hair to grow past their shoulders and since they started taking the Biotin, their hair grew like crazy and actually got a whole lot healthier looking! Thought I would mention that as well. I saw Annie had mentioned that too since I just came back to this thread :) Best of luck!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  4:14:55 PM  Show Profile
You can get the Biotin at any drug store or health food store. They will be in the vitamin/suppliment section and you might even be able to find it in other bigger stores. Have never seen it at the Target store where I shop tho. I can get mine at our local Pamida store in town now, so don't have to drive an hour up to the health food store in the nearest big city. thank goodness! Like any supplement it takes time for it to go to work. But it does work.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  09:03:30 AM  Show Profile
You know a great post would be photos of how everyone styles their long, and growing out hair. I try different things but always go back to a ponytail. It still gets hot, and the ponytail sticks to and wraps around my sweaty neck, but it is about the only thing that will fit under my hat when I'm out gardening or tending the horses. I am so clumsy with styling my hair and would love to find a way to style it that keeps my head cool under this wooly mop.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
"A meal of bread, cheese and beer constitutes the perfect food." --Queen Elizabeth I
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  09:16:57 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by StrawHouseRanch

You know a great post would be photos of how everyone styles their long, and growing out hair. I try different things but always go back to a ponytail. It still gets hot, and the ponytail sticks to and wraps around my sweaty neck, but it is about the only thing that will fit under my hat when I'm out gardening or tending the horses. I am so clumsy with styling my hair and would love to find a way to style it that keeps my head cool under this wooly mop.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
"A meal of bread, cheese and beer constitutes the perfect food." --Queen Elizabeth I
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns

That is a good idea, it would help keep me motivated as my hair is growing

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  10:34:08 AM  Show Profile
I'm the same way - in a ponytail or up in a big clip in the back - a no nothing style. I keep looking at pictures, but just keep going back to the tail. I'm really not the sort to fuss with my hair - it's a lost cause out where we live with the winds that come through. It's nice for 5 seconds and then boom - the wind blows it away. Thus the pony tail or clip.
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  5:15:45 PM  Show Profile
Here's I picture of me and my hair as of this morning.

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  4:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Tracy,
My hair is only a little bit longer than yours. I am hoping to grow it out but I hate when the front get to a certain length and hangs in my eyes. To long to curl, to short to put behind me ears or clips. Anyone have any suggestions? I need it to look nice for work.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  5:58:55 PM  Show Profile
Tracy I left a comment on your blog.

Denise, what about headbands to hold your bangs in place?

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  6:55:38 PM  Show Profile
My hair is terrible....very fine & thin, especially on top. (All I have to say to that is: STUPID HORMONES.) I tried Nioxin exclusively for 2 years (except for maybe a week or two), and it did nothing. I've been on Rogaine for the past 13 months, and I can tell a teeny bit (more in the back & more from feel than anything else), but not much difference on top/in front. I'm not overly impressed (especially when Rogaine up here costs $120 for 3 months by prescription only! Good thing I'm only 45 minutes from a "Southern Town" lol).

I was looking today at Revitalize Your Health Top 7 Homemade Hair Products For Beautiful Hair and saw their "promo" for Mira Hair Oil....I'm tempted, but at the same time, I don't know. I mean, for the amount that I'm spending on hair stuff now, I may as well try it, right? And if it works, so much the better. If it doesn't, it does have a money back guarantee lol. What do you ladies think? I also saw Coconut Oil Scalp Treatment & am going to try it tonight soon.

Hope something works for us!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  06:33:51 AM  Show Profile
~Missy,
I have used headbands in the past but I wear glasses and have trouble keeping the band from slipping to the back.
I am curling the bangs, but they still hang over the tops of my glasses. I have a style that I want to go with once it is long but it is the transition time that is really hard. I am thinking maybe I should trim the bangs slightly until the back gets a bit longer so it doesn't look dis-proportioned.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  09:44:38 AM  Show Profile
Pam, just picked up something new from my hair dresser yesterday. It's by Redken and it's called "Intra Force" - I got the kind for color treated, thinning hair. Tried the samples awhile back and could tell a big difference. This time I got the "starter" pack of the shampoo, conditioner and scalp treatment to make sure I like it enough to buy the bigger bottles.
I too am currently using Nioxin, but I also take Biotin capsules every day and I think they have really helped me a great deal - I can see a difference. We're all in the same boat, so this is great we can all share what we're using or have done to help with our hair condition.
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  8:07:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for your nice comment, Missy.

C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  05:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
My seven year old and I are in a hair grow off. LOL

She wants to her bottom. I just am letting it grow. It is about even with my chin with some layers. Hers it almost to chin. She chopped her own hair last year.

I have about an inch or so of gray now too. I am not coloring. I think that going into the pool every day or so will make it kind of blonde anyway. I colored copper red the last time as my Rooster likes it. But I can't keep the color. Especially swimming and being in the sun.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

NeeneeB
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Kristin
N Windham CT
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  2:22:04 PM  Show Profile
I also have thick fine hair. And wavy too. It took me most of my short haired childhood to realize it doesn't look good short. So for many years I've worn it just past my shoulders with bangs. I am now so sick of my bangs that I am growing them out. They curl weird, they plaster themselves to my forehead when it's hot. In order to get the bangs to reach the bottom I've had a few inches chopped off here and there. I'm almost there and then will let it go longer again. It isn't going gray fast enough to suit me so I still highlight it. Once it goes gray, I'm not touching it! Mary Jane has beautiful hair. I don't think mine could ever look good that long but she does inspire me to make the most of what I've got yet keep it simple!

Caprinihill.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2012 :  11:26:51 AM  Show Profile
I'm growing out a pixie cut. the front is straight and the back is super curly. My head is an enigma.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  04:39:05 AM  Show Profile
3 yrs ago when my baby chicks started cuddling in my hair a...Michele't my neck I decided to let it grow for them....I keep the sides & top short since with my face I look better with short hair but the back area is about down to my waist now & I either braid it or coil it up & pin it........if I have a sicky hen/roo I will let it down so when I put them up near my shoulder they can bury their head in it to rest.....people think I am nuts for doing this but the chickens love it & its no big deal for me to let it grow for them...at least they don't yank it like my son did when he was a baby & it was super long...lol

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  09:09:06 AM  Show Profile
I think that this is so sweet and loving!

quote:
Originally posted by batznthebelfry

3 yrs ago when my baby chicks started cuddling in my hair a...Michele't my neck I decided to let it grow for them....I keep the sides & top short since with my face I look better with short hair but the back area is about down to my waist now & I either braid it or coil it up & pin it........if I have a sicky hen/roo I will let it down so when I put them up near my shoulder they can bury their head in it to rest.....people think I am nuts for doing this but the chickens love it & its no big deal for me to let it grow for them...at least they don't yank it like my son did when he was a baby & it was super long...lol

Chickens RULE!

theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com

C. S. Lewis

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Jun 09 2012 3:27:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  3:29:22 PM  Show Profile
This is how I will style my bangs when they get too long...heh heh

C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

NeeneeB
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Kristin
N Windham CT
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  4:54:38 PM  Show Profile
I've been tempted! Now my bangs are just two inches shorter than the rest and I don't have to deal with that! I can't wear headbands. The soft ones slip up the back of my big head and the hard plastic ones give me a headache!

Caprinihill.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  6:46:47 PM  Show Profile
been letting mine grow, it's down to the top of my shoulders now, nice for clipping back and ponytails when I
m hot, how sad it took so long for me to accept the hair God gave me and be happy with it, all those years of perms and cuts.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  6:53:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm growing my hair, too! I had long hair about five years ago, but then I cut it for Locks of Love and messed around with highlights and short hair and bangs, but now I'm just letting it grow out. I'll keep up with trims and such, but I really want long hair again! Right now it's a few inches past my shoulders, and I want it at least waist length.
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  7:58:19 PM  Show Profile
My pixie cut is growing slowly. I have been taking a supplement with biotin, and my nails are growing like crazy! I wish all that growing energy would be applied to my hair instead. I have not shampooed my hair in over a month. heh heh, I do clean it with baking soda and vinegar rinse, and it 's no worse for wear.

C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Here's a current pic of my hair (and a cherry pie)
Still short, but some noticeable growth.

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  09:36:38 AM  Show Profile
I have been growing my hair out too. I can now pull it back, this is great with the heat and hot flashes to just pull it up and forget about it. I am also thinking about letting it go gray, maybe,hmmm just not sure on the gray thing yet.

amy r
sister #4186
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  8:32:25 PM  Show Profile
1st,,, Tracy...luv your "here's my bangs" photo.. hahaha!
2nd, after 5 years of growing my hair out... I cut it about 2 weeks ago...the 14" hank of hair I sent to 'Locks for Love'...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Anyone growing out your hair? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page