Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Farmgirl of the Month Chatter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic
Page: of 116

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

930 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
930 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  04:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay there.

Whoo hoo!! Way to go, Mz Ladybek!!! Congratulations and post often!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

4581 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
4581 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  05:17:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Becky! Enjoy your special month.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2273 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2273 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  07:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Becky! Have a wonderful month!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1201 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1201 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  09:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Becky. It will be a wonderful month for you. One of the prettiest. Enjoy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  09:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Becky, this is so cool! Enjoy your month! Congratulations

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13365 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13365 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  2:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Becky!

You have a house now? That is wonderful!!
Enjoy your month!!
HUGS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

881 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
881 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  3:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
CJ,
We closed on our house August 31st. Since that day we have been preparing for winter here in Maine, putting several systems in code, and doing some remodeling. I have a thread called "New Life" in the thread called A Farm of my Own" where the virtual porch is located. There I have pictures of the house plus an ongoing set of pictures as we finish some of the remodeling. Most of the painting will be done in the spring/summer as I will need to open windows to paint. But the majority of the remodeling is being completed now. Today they put in our new windows, and I also have a crew out here putting a stone face on my fireplace that is in my craft room. That is the last remodeling job that needs to be completed. The remaining work will be on the foundation and fixing the places that are compromised so the foundation will be solid. Matt said it will take about 5 days left in the basement working on the foundation, and about 3 days remodeling my craft room.

The house we bought is a 1865 farmhouse with 17.1 acres. I have 10 acres in pine trees and in addition to that we have 10 apple trees, 3 plum trees, blackberries, grapes, and raspberries. I plan in the spring to plant 2 peach trees, 2 walnut trees, and a cherry tree. I will be looking over the other fruit trees and bushes to see what else we might want to add. Also I will be planting a garden in the lower field which is about an acre and the top field which is about 1/2 acre. I have two other fields but will probably wait until the following year to plant them. I am doing things slowly so not to become overwhelmed with all the land and uses for it. We are thinking about animals, but I need to do a little more research before we add them. We do have an old chicken coop on the property, but Paul will need to fix it and extend the pen area first.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13365 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13365 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  4:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Becky,
Boy, have you been busy! Congratulations on your house and farm! Could you please email me with your new mailing address?
Thanks much!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

4356 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
4356 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  06:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Becky!! Sending you lots of Farmgirl Hugs from down here in Florida to help you celebrate your special month!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

13287 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
13287 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  08:48:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Becky! Enjoy your month and garden planning. What a find your new homestead is. I planted two peach trees a month ago. And right now my orchard is getting its annual trim. We love all the fruit our farm orchard provides for us. Enjoy your month and new life!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

881 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
881 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  09:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Maryjane. I will be trimming my trees later in the season. I don't know how but have a couple of articles with pictures that should help me learn. There is so much to learn about farming, homesteading, and living the simple country life, but with all the resources, all my farmgirl sisters and your foresite to bring all this together I know that I shall learn.
Thank you for everything that you have done for me and giving me a place to learn what I don't know.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

5284 Posts

Linda
Lone Oak TX
USA
5284 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  10:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You are a perfect FGOTM Becky! And you are doing so much with your new farmstead.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

12700 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
12700 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2016 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoot whoot and congrats on being the Dec FGOTM!!!
Now go and misbehave!!! Lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

881 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
881 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  2:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for the kind words. And Grace, I never misbehave, well maybe a little, alright most of the time, LOL.
Becky

FGOTM December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

3907 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
3907 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  5:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! Becky!! You are a Fabulous farmgirl!! Enjoy your month!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4094 Posts

Debbie L.
Florissant Colorado
USA
4094 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  5:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Becky enjoy your month.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

881 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
881 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  7:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I received a package from Mary Jane today. Thank you so much for the gift and beautiful card.
Becky

FGOTM December 2016
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

6802 Posts

Denise Thompson
NJ
USA
6802 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2016 :  2:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Rebecca! Enjoy your month!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1492 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1492 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  08:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Becky, your place sounds AMAZING!! Congrats! Enjoy your month!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
<3 OUR FARM <3
https://www.facebook.com/WinklerDerBauernhof/
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

881 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
881 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  4:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Krista for the beautiful card and tea. It really brighten my day. I shall have my white Christmas as it was snowing most of today. We already have about a foot of snow on the ground.
Hugs
Becky

FGOTM December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

881 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
881 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2016 :  4:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to say Thank You for everyone who wished me congrats. I have been so busy baking, cleaning, and decorating a part of the house that was done. It has been a great month.
Thank you again Tammy for nominating me for FGOTM for December.
Hugs
Becky

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Dec 26 2016 4:36:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

881 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
881 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  04:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well the time has come for me to pass the baton onto January's FGOTM. It was a tough decision but I have finally made a decision. I know that it is a day earlier, but I wanted her to have the whole month to be honored as our new FGOTM. My choice is Lenora (firecatinc). She always has a kind word and I feel she deserves this honor. Congratulations.
Becky

Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

4581 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
4581 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  05:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Lenora on being chosen our FGOTM. Enjoy your special month and what a way to kick off your New Year!

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

4356 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
4356 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  06:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A big Congratulations to Lenora as out January 2017 FGOTM!! Enjoy being our special Farmgirl this month here at MJF!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

5284 Posts

Linda
Lone Oak TX
USA
5284 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  07:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Lenora. Enjoy your month.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 116 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page