Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Farmgirl of the Month Chatter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic
Page: of 183

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  11:43:49 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Nichelle! It will be fun getting to now you.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  11:49:44 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to December Farm girl of the month Nichelle!

You will enjoy it Have a good one

Hugs
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  3:44:53 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Nichelle!! I hope you have a wonderful month full of lots of Farmgirl hugs and love!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  3:45:34 PM  Show Profile
That is an excellent choice so that another newbie can be honored for her part in earning merit badges too.
Congrats! to you Nichelle. Enjoy your month as FGOTM for December 2020!

Hugs,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
Envelope Wallets and Junk Journals, Face Masks too.
http://www.marketsofsunshine.store
YouTube DIY sewing and crafting
https://www.youtube.com/c/SunshineFarmgirlCoopDeltona/
FGOM 5/2018
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  6:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations Nichelle! Enjoy your month and gettig to know everyone!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  9:41:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nichelle,, Welcome and Congrats to be the December FGOTM..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nne9703721
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nichelle
Kent Washington
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2020 :  03:14:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to Everyone, for the warm welcome.

I will try to share words of wisdom, smiles, and laughter.

Farmgirl Sister #8159

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour if we will only tune in.

George Washington Carver

Edited by - nne9703721 on Dec 02 2020 03:17:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2020 :  12:23:16 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Nichelle! I hope you have a wonderful time being Farmgirl of the Month for December! It’s such a special time. May your whole month be filled with joy and many exciting adventures!

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Dec 02 2020 12:23:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2020 :  07:47:30 AM  Show Profile
Yay, Nichelle. Have a wonderful month!

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog

www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Etsy Shop

www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

nne9703721
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nichelle
Kent Washington
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2020 :  8:29:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks again. I decided to post a few lines each week as a way to share my thought with everyone. My first post is up. Hope you enjoy it.

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour if we will only tune in.

George Washington Carver
Go to Top of Page

nne9703721
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nichelle
Kent Washington
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  6:15:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the warm friendship that you ladies have shown me. Thank you so much for the gifts and well wishes. The care and thought that went into each item and wish was evident and appreciated. As I said in my final post in the other thread, I wasn't expecting to make friends when I joined the Sisterhood. I thought I was just challenging myself to learn some cool skills. But it looks like I have made some new connections and that my life will be richer for it. I look forward to exploring new friendships in the coming year.

When I first joined, I received a postcard in the mail from a Farm Sister. She offered friendship. I was shocked, actually, because I wasn’t expecting anyone to reach out to me. But I kept her postcard right along with the welcome materials, looking for the right moment to reach back. I heard from her again when I became Farmgirl of the Month. She sent me a gift: a lovely Christmas Angel. The angel seemed to go along with some of the things I was thinking in my heart all year: heritage, friendship, representation.

I wasn’t expecting to be as moved as I was since I’m usually not so big about Christmas. I try to stay away from the decorations and keep things super simple. But the angel brought out so many warm feelings. She occupied a special place over Christmas, and now she’s going to be one of our regular decorations. On two occasions, I was left thinking of this Sister as warm-hearted. And I think that’s something this world needs right now. A little research shows that others have felt this way before, but that’s a good thing. I think this new year should start with warmth.

I am choosing Winnie Nielsen as the January 2021 Farmgirl of the Month.

Nichelle
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  6:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Nichelle, what a wonderful choice! Winnie is a wonderful friend and near and dear to so many of us. She exemplifies a true farmgirl. Congratulations, Winnie! Enjoy your month!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  7:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh YES!! Couldn't happen to a lovelier lady. Congratulations Winnie. Enjoy your reign as January 2021 Farmgirl of the Month. You always seem to be there for everyone else . . . time for a little payback.
Big, Big Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  8:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh that is such an awesome choice! So well deserved!
Congratulations Winnie!

Happy New Year everyone!

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Dec 31 2020 8:59:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  06:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Nichelle, so happy you enjoyed being our FGOTM for Dec. Winnie is a wonderful choice for our first FGOTM of 2021. Congratulations Winnie!

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  06:23:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh my!!!!! I am honored to be chosen as our January FGOTM for 2021!! Thank-you Nichelle for your very kind words and I am happy that my original postcard felt welcoming to MJF. Our “Farm”is a special place filled with beautiful, talented, and loving Farmgirls. My hope is that every new Sister member will feel welcomed to join and participate at whatever level they feel comfortably doing. We all have enjoyed your sharing of family and interests this past month too. It is our diversity that makes us all unique and whole. We all pull forward the gifts and struggles of our family heritages to help make life better for the current generations. MJF is a great example, I believe of this action in real time.

Thank-you again for the surprise honor of being our FGOTM as we usher in a beautiful new year! I am up for new adventures and some old fashion fun.......aproned up as MaryJane would say!! I love a good apron, don’t you?? When I put mine on , several times everyday, I feel like a Farmgirl despite the fact that I live in an old suburban neighborhood. But, I wallpapered my office space to look like a LogCabin because I always wanted to live in one. Aprons and pretend cabins......Yep, imagination is everything!! LOL!! Of course, those that know me also know that apples are always close by , and in abundance!! And added to that, I have the farm name here of Red Tractor Girl, but I have never driven a tractor , let alone a red one. However, I was given a Farmall toy red tractor at age 4 when my Dad did some research for the company. I played with that toy tractor for years and years and loved it dearly. So, in my mind, of course I have driven a red tractor!! With my hand pushing it on the floor!! LOL!!! I am a strong believer in the “Make Do” policy. Not all things are possible in life, but sometimes you can get real close when you make do with what you have. I also think Make do is very Farmgirl oriented. Many of you who do live on a farm with animals know all about making do sometimes to get by to a better place.

I am putting on my apple fabric apron today to celebrate this honor! WooHoo, let’s have some fun here together. Please share with me how you “Make Do” . I would love to know some of your best answers to making things happen as best as you can.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jan 01 2021 06:37:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  06:48:48 AM  Show Profile
WINNIE!!!!! So awesome a choice Nichelle! Winnie is an amazing farmgirl and she too was extremely uplifting, inspiring and was very welcoming when I first joined as well! Shes been my farmgirl dear friend since! So happy you had a great month Nichelle! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Congratulations Winnie! Deserving for sure!! What a wonderful way to begin a new year! Praying this will be the start and continuations of the best that's yet to come!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  10:22:22 AM  Show Profile
Winnie! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!

Nichelle, you picked one awesome farmgirl for this month! Winnie is very caring farmgirl. She has been a good friend for years here and I am blessed to see others who have been touched by her caring ways.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1753 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1753 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  2:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations enjoy being farmgirl of the month.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  2:24:37 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Winnie! Enjoy your month! I've enjoyed meeting you in person as well as sharing notes by mail.

I "Make Do" by keeping a positive attitude and the thought of never giving up. That has helped me reach a new level of peace of mind with everything in my life from my health to relationships and Yes, even dealing with a pandemic.

Through the years I have learned to go to the top whenever possible to get the impossible accomplished. I first start with God through my prayers. If he opens doors then I know to go through. If they don't seem to open I know he's telling me "You Can Do It" just believe in yourself and what I've taught you.

So, when the bank was going to foreclose on our house out of the blue and a scam. You might remember that happening years ago in the news. I went right to the top of the state government. Quick like a bunny, the bank was apologizing all over the place and fixed our mortgage in a flash!

Other times it's just with a phone call to the right agency to get a company to treat you like a decent citizen.

I've learned to "Make Do" living with my limitations since Lyme Disease 16 years ago. I had to wear a mask for my health and allergies. I had to social distance from those with illness due to my weakened immune system. I had to learn to entertain myself indoors most of the year. I learned that I could do things I never thought possible and one was hosting the farm girl tea party and meeting all of you lovely Florida farm girls in person. I will cherish that time always!

Finding MJF was a blessing too. It gave me a place to connect with like minded women when I really needed it the most.

This will always be a place I call home.

Farmgirl sister #308
Envelope Wallets and Junk Journals, Face Masks too.
http://www.marketsofsunshine.store
YouTube DIY sewing and crafting
https://www.youtube.com/c/SunshineFarmgirlCoopDeltona/
FGOM 5/2018

Edited by - marjean on Jan 01 2021 2:26:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  2:49:41 PM  Show Profile
Winnie is a wonderful choice! Have a great month!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  5:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Winnie! You are definitely worthy of this honor once again. Have. Great month.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2021 :  2:47:30 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Winnie!! You are such a beautiful ray of sunshine to us all!! Enjoy your beautiful month of our beautiful new year!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  10:05:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey Winnie girl.. CONGRATS and greetings from sunny warm Palm Springs.
I'll touch base with ou in a couple of days.
farm girl hugz
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  12:20:21 PM  Show Profile
Happy January 2021 "Farmgirl of the Month"! Winnie! A great way to start the New Year Out! You are such a Blessing to all of Mary Jane's farm!!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Fgotm August 2014, September 2018.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 183 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page