Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Farmgirl of the Month Chatter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic
Page: of 183

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2019 :  07:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Happy for you Barbara!
You deserve it.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends.
Shel Silverstein

Edited by - Tumbleweed on Aug 04 2019 07:12:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2019 :  8:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on being farmgirl of the month for August.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2019 :  09:09:59 AM  Show Profile
Congrats! to Barbara and Vanessa for your FGOTM honor.

Things have been a little extra busy and nuts with my Lyme disease the last few weeks. Thankfully, we figure out what set it off and now things are calming down again.

Farmgirl sister #308
Wallets & Travel Accessories, Tea Wallets, and Hankie Envelopes
http://www.marketsofsunshinefl.com

Tea Lover's
www.tealightfultea.net/sweetretreats
FGOM 5/2018
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2019 :  11:24:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to all of you for your congratulations. I am trying to feel deserving of being FGOTM and enjoying this beautiful month of August. Today I received two wonderful packages. Thank-you Vanessa And Winnie. I had such fun opening them and everything was so appreciated and it made me feel very special indeed to know such thoughtful people. I am too dumb to know how to put pictures on yet so I will send a personal thank-you note to each of you. I just want to say to all of you that the packages were very thoughtful and useful. Winnie---that saltwater taffy has already been eaten by hubby and I. It was so good. Just let it be known to all of you that I really did appreciate those packages and it made my whole day joyful. Yesterday I went to a church picnic with my cousin and I had a great time. We have reconnected since all the family is gone but us. She was six years older than me and we were not really friends as kids. but I feel that God has led us back to each other. The Lord always sends us someone---that has always been true for me. Thank-you ladies for all your kindness---you will never know how much it has meant to me.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2019 :  1:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Barbara you are so deserving!! Farmgirl is also in the Heart! We see your Heart in every post you make!
Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6513 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6513 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2019 :  2:50:32 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, I am so happy that you enjoyed your little surprise!! I love that you and your cousin have also reconnected recently as well. It is a blessing to have a family member to share old stories with again!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2019 :  10:33:46 AM  Show Profile
Thank-you Connie for your wonderful card and surprise. I truly do appreciate it very much. I am sending you a hand written note to thank-you properly. I love the milk bottle caps---I have a collection of old milk bottles and I always wished I had tops for them. How very kind and thoughtful you are.

Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2019 :  11:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Barbara, yes you do deserve this. I love your true blue hilly billy ideas. You are one that I love to read your messages. You are plain, simple and so true to fact, and so full of humor. I personally thank you, you are a true delight to know and call farm girl sister. So enjoy your month, and shout it from the hill tops. Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2019 :  11:54:19 AM  Show Profile
You are sooo welcome! Dear Farmsis!! Hugs
Connie #3392

Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2019 :  12:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Barbara,
Congratulations! Sorry for being so late with mine. Haven't been on much lately. You are a true blue farmgirl for sure!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2019 :  1:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank-you Denise---it is a true honor. Even though I am not very good at creating things---I am good at growing things and living the country life. Enjoying my month for sure.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2019 :  12:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey HG56,,, Congrats on being FGOTM for Aug..
Sorry I have been MIA.. my house guests left yesterday,, and Hubby & I are heading out tonite to go Glamping..
But just wanted to take a minute to say "Whoot Whoo! You Go Girl!
hugz
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2019 :  02:07:18 AM  Show Profile
Grace---I figured you were off having high adventure, and what better times than wonderful old friends. I see my childhood friend every Saturday when I go and clean house for him. It's not much fun though as the truth is we really don't like each other all that much---just bound in friendship by all our years knowing each other. Been up since 3:30 to get hubby off to work and the rottenness of retail work. I have to use my computer time in the early morning when the gigabytes are unlimited so that we can have Netflix and HBO time---another perk of holler living because satellite internet is rather expensive. Another way I am challenged by technology. I would have been too tired to go glamping after all the company---send me some of your energy.

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2019 :  6:36:41 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Barbara.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  10:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank-you Marlene. Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2019 :  7:38:29 PM  Show Profile
HaHa! Energy??? I am to 'pooped' to even mail you some energy...lol!!

I am getting a itty bitty wee 'sumptin' in tomorrows mail for you... sorry I am soo late getting it out.

Enjoy your days of summer and as the August FGOTM..

Apron hugz
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2019 :  10:42:14 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, August is a busy month. Sorry I am late. Congratulations on FGOTM!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  10:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Thank-you Grace and Bonnie. I have really enjoyed being FGOTM. And many thanks to Mary Jane who makes all this possible. She has such wonderful ideas and is a true blessing. Mary Jane---thank-you so much for my FGOTM certificate. It means a lot to me as I have always been the odd one out and never had a "major award" as Ralphie's father says on A Christmas Story. I am going to frame it and put it in my sewing room. I love the embroidered draw string bag and the frameable 'Tickle her a hoe and she laughs with a harvest---and I will frame it and put it up by my certificate. The pincushion is adorable and I will certainly be using it. I already get your magazine so I will mail this to my friend who is farming this summer and has a large truck garden. I think she will really enjoy it. I am certainly overwhelmed by everyone's kindness. I have had very few nice people in my life. It is great to be a member of MJF.

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  10:36:41 AM  Show Profile
Connie---Saturday I went up to work at my little weekly cleaning job and it was a misty, dismal fifty-nine degree day on top of Flat Top mountain. Imagine my surprise when I went to the PO and there was your package and one from Mary Jane. It really brightened up a damp. gloomy day. I love the pop up card--it is beautiful. The milk bottle caps are wonderful and I plan to frame them in a creative way so that I can enjoy them. How did you ever find so many different kinds? I had such fun looking at them and I will always enjoy them. This has made me realize that I have to learn to put pictures all so that I can share things. Thank-you so much for your thoughtfulness. It meant a lot to me.

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  10:45:28 AM  Show Profile
And to all you wonderful MJF ladies---although these are not my words---this is how I feel about all of you: A kind deed is like water for a flower. It makes the heart bloom. Thank all of you for planting a garden in my heart. I am lookin forward to announcing the new FGOTM on September first.

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2019 :  07:24:04 AM  Show Profile
Grace---thank-you for your sweet package. The sachet is in a drawer and I hung the little ornament on a little tree I keep by the front door. I will think of you when I see it. Tomorrow is the big reveal. Only I and the future FGOTM know for sure. Quite exciting.

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2019 :  02:25:47 AM  Show Profile
Ladies---I posted this last post on Friday because I thought it was Saturday the 31st. I was actually getting ready to go to a birthday party at 2:30 and luckily my friend called me and informed me that it was Friday and not Saturday. Now I know for sure that I've been too long in this holler alone with a pack of dogs for company. Anyway, now that I know what day it is--- time for the new FGOTM! I pick my pen pal from the beautiful state of Iowa---Marlene Burns. She participates in so many swaps and has a lot of farmgirl spirit. She also loves card making and has tried to get me interested, but I am a lost cause. Marlene lives her life in the best of two worlds---Iowa in the summer and Florida in the winter. She also loves to read and she enjoys a good yard sale---as I do too. She is a wonderful person and I hope she has a great month as FGOTM. Thank-you all for my month---it was a lot of fun. AS Marlene says "Farmgirl friends are fun!"

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2019 :  04:00:40 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful choice Barbara! Congratulations on being chosen Farmgirl of the Month, Marlene.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2019 :  04:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6785 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6785 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2019 :  04:20:32 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Marlene, enjoy your special month.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 183 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page