Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 REALLY challenging situation...criminal matter.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic REALLY challenging situation...criminal matter. Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  08:38:26 AM  Show Profile
Girls, I don't know what to do...I'm so distressed at what's happening in my neighborhood--right across the street from me. Back in October, a family moved in across the street into a wonderful home that a favorite neighbor had to sell because she was 95 and fell, and moved in with her daughter. We immediately noticed that there was hardly any furniture to actually "move in" and since then, the blinds are always drawn, the kids run amok without any adult supervision, most of the time without coats and shoes (and socks), and there are comings and goings of all types, and a seemingly endless supply of new "roommates". We figure "drugs", but on Tuesday morning, a newstory broke about a county commissioner from Ohio who has been coming to our county to do some, ahem, "personal business" and the woman (a stripper) accusing him of paying her (in drugs and cash) for sex, is the woman who moved into the house across the street!!!!!! We didn't know this until this news story aired on Tuesday morning
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Woman-At-Center-of-Archie-Wilson-Sex-Scandal/YPyoxzPtm0WXJ-1iC-rPHw.cspx
and I recognized my favorite neighbor's house and mailbox in the film footage. This idiot was being interviewed on her freakin' porch!!!!

So, I'm enraged. I settled in this neighborhood because all the houses were well maintained, it still had a "neighborhood" feel to it with all the elderly neighbors, keeping watch for each other. A few, like the sweet lady across the street have moved on, or passed on, but we've had a few nice young couples move in with new families and that's been so wonderful. And now THIS.

We can't quite tell how many people are in the house, but there are 2 women and a host of men who stop by for days at a time, or move in for a month then go, or come by for a few minutes max. The story is that the father of one of the women bought the house for his daughter (and records prove this for $65,000.) He resides in Indiana. A few days before the story broke, our elderly neighbor called her former neighbor, Tom, and, crying, said she was "so sorry, she never would have sold her house to this man had she known..." so I'm thinking that the "daughter" is this woman who went to the authorities with her story. We have absolutely no recourse. None. And the worse part for me is the children in that house. At least 4--two about 6 and 8, and then two very small boys that just started walking.

I called the city. I called our local police department who had heard the story on the news, but had no idea she lived in our town, and I explained to him about the potential drug activity and that this is my neighborhood, that I'm not inclined to let my 3 year old out in the street to ride her new bike because what if there's a dispute over drug money? What if she starts bringing men home to this house? What's to stop them from being child molesters, too?

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  10:01:04 AM  Show Profile
You do have a recourse if there are kids in that house! File a confidential CPS report if you haven't already. I know you've called the city and the police, but be sure you document with CPS too. :-( So sad for those kids!!! Are they in the other room when Mom does her "business" with these men??? Didn't she just admit that she's a prostitute? But she's just allowed to go on providing services with kids in the house. Nice.

Farmgirl Sister #3754
www.facebook.com/bellcountybelles
http://bellcountybelle.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/bluemonarch/
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour

Edited by - Sharon Denise on Feb 16 2012 10:10:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  10:32:13 AM  Show Profile
Already on my list, Sharon...since I work in a law firm, I asked my boss and he said that there is also a possibility of a zoning issue between single family/multi-family dwelling. If there is more than 3 unrelated adults residing in the property, it's considered "multi-family" and thus, violates the single family zoning act. That would be something I'd have to prove to the city, and he also recommended that I call the police (which I've already done).

My neighbors and I agreed yesterday that we are united in getting them out of the neighborhood--if that means taking the license plates of each and every car that goes inside, then we will do it.
And yes, she admits that she's a prostitute and has sex for money and drugs...if you want a laugh, watch the news video. She really takes this "high moral ground" in the interview. Hilarious. Not really.

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:25:22 AM  Show Profile
OMG Jonni!!!!!!
I saw that interview & thought, what trash, that Archie Wilson had some high standards didn't he? I remember thinking, I am SO GLAD I live in a well spaced out area. I don't know what to tell you that you haven't already done, except to start house hunting in the country.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:26:24 AM  Show Profile
I love the picture of Jesus on his desk, & from what I have heard on local radio spots, he always touted family values and high morals. ICK
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:29:06 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, that picture of Jesus was a nice touch, wasn't it? My boss said that's why the media is hitting this so hard, because of his "moral" standards. She's just a peach, right? I'm SO disgusted. I feel like writing her "dad" a letter since I have his mailing address from tax records, letting him know that the feds will be involved soon enough for seizure of his property if there are drugs found inside.

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:31:22 AM  Show Profile
SHe's obviously still high as a kite; I don't think you will have to look far.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:33:35 AM  Show Profile
No, we've figured there was drug activity going on since they moved in...window blinds completely shut, no lights on typically, except now and again. Cars that pull up, person gets out, uses their cell phone, flips it shut, goes inside and is gone again in 5 minutes. I honestly couldn't tell you just "who" actually resides there since it's an ever changing roster of women/men.

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:40:53 AM  Show Profile
Between that & the crazies next door, are you sure you want to stay there?
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:42:37 AM  Show Profile
CPS? Really? Good luck with that..I sat last fall in front of my grandsons Mother's apartment for 7 hours watching the "traffic" come and go all day long-Contacted for the 3rd time mind you, CPS where the caseworker was extremely defensive because heaven forbid she was actually "called out" on her reliability as a caseworker and all for nothing. She still resides at the apartment, the boys are still there and the case is CLOSED. These were all documented complaints and not by just me but by individuals just walking by seeing "clients" walk in, mother leaving the kids alone for a run, etc. And you know what? This scenario is repeated endlessly throughout the U.S. nothing ever changes unless some poor kid dies. Makes me sick, but you know what Jonni? When push comes to shove... you, as an individual, a concerned citizen, can do absolutely NOTHING.

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  12:32:05 PM  Show Profile
Well, I just got off the phone with my friend, Tom, who is the city attorney. He advised me to report anything and everything that I even think seems "off" to the police, especially involving the kids, and that would then lead to possible access to the house. So, that's what I'm a gonna do. He also called the police chief to make him aware and to advise them to beef up patrols.

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  12:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Next time you see those children outside by themselves, with no shoes etc...scoop them up and bring them inside your house and call 911, telling them thses babies are outside, underdressed, with no supervision...then you poor all your info to the responding police etc, and with luck, that will bring about some help for all...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  1:20:19 PM  Show Profile
They run EVERYWHERE, Tina. Everywhere. On Saturday, it was about 17 and they were outside with no coats and no shoes and socks on. In November, I saw the baby outside with them (but, apparently there are 2 babies that I saw yesterday) with only a diaper on...um it's NOVEMBER! I realize we've had a mild winter here, in Kentucky, but geez.

I note at times none of the cars are there and the kids are outside, running around and seem like they can't get in. Makes me wonder if someone is home (and is asleep) or that they lock them out so they can't get into something they shouldn't...

As I said, this is OUR neighborhood and it was never like this before they moved in. We have some hillbillies for neighbors, but they've been quiet of late and that's been a blessing.

I did a little digging on the "owner" of the house--a man from Moore's Hill, Indiana in Dearborn County, who owns a cooling and heating tower construction business, so I'm certain he's got a bit of cash. It will be very interesting if there ARE ever drugs found in the house, because the feds would seize this property and any other property with his name associated...

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  2:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Do you know for a fact, the prop owner is aware of what is going on there, maybe calling him would get some results?

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  2:51:50 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, you should also get all license tag numbers for all the cars that are there for just a few minutes at a time. This is horrible for those poor little children. But this is the only life they know. So sad.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  3:16:03 PM  Show Profile
if you have a digital camera with date on it.. maybe you could video the children, the cars coming and going, etc... load it onto a disk.

...praying for you and your neighborhood.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: following my heart, dreams and Jesus ~http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ~http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  4:31:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my god Jonni - what a nightmare, sounds like you have some plans and I know you have access to whatever legal advice you need, but I know sometimes that works slooowly. Good luck with everything - my thoughts are with you. Sounds like you and your neighbors are a united front and will look out for each other/each other's kids too so that's good.

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  4:46:54 PM  Show Profile
WOW- I just watched that video clip, and its amazing and scary all at the same time. I feel so badly for you! It does sound as though you are a smart cookie and will do your own detective work and take care of business, which is EXACTLY what I would do if I were in your shoes. Best of luck to you, I will be praying for you that you can put an end to the situation rapidly!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  4:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Umm.....in the news clip, did I hear the "lady" (and I use that term lightly) say that Archie is dirty? Yes, yes he is, but you are a PROSTITUTE! Also, did I hear her say that she is just glad that something is being done about him? Is she really trying to come off as an upstanding citizen by reporting this man.....reporting him while she's in jail.....on drug charges? She was sleeping with people for drugs! I don't understand why she is not being investigated already.
I feel for you, Jonni! You think you have made a safe home for your family in a nice neighborhood, and one wrong person moves in and destroys that. I say turn up the heat. Every time you see a child out there that isn't properly clothed.....call the police. You can't see what is going on inside the house, but you can surely use what's going on outside to your advantage. Those kids need to get out of that situation. Maybe just by getting the cops over there, something will happen. And maybe it won't, but it's worth a shot.
I live in Wisconsin. This week there was an article in the paper about a 15-year-old girl that was found who had been starved and tortured. She was made to stay down in an unfinished basement for almost 6 years. The article said that neighbors noticed things like her digging in the garbage for food when she took the garbage out. One of them called child services, but obviously nothing was done. My point here is that the system fails sometimes. I know that the case workers are overworked and underpaid and often times their hands are tied, but sometimes I think situations aren't always checked into properly. So keep on 'em, girl. For you and for those kids! It sounds like you already are doing what you have to. Now you just have to document and be patient. Being patient....not an easy thing to do, I know. I hope everything works out and those kids get a more stable home environment.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  4:59:08 PM  Show Profile
Good grief, Jonni.. I'll be sending prayers for all of you so your peaceful neighborhood is restored. Also, praying for the children in that house.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  5:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, this is a difficult spot to be in. Usually bad neighbors only last so long...they stop paying the bills and get foreclosed on, or the landlord throws them out. But if the house is owned by a well-to-do dad, it all depends on his attitude towards his daughter. If you keep calling in any and all violations (noise, property upkeep, behavior) will your town start fining the homeowner? They do in my city, and often that's what gets problem neighbors removed. With luck, the dad may not want to keep subsidizing his daughter if it's causing him extra expense and hassle. We had a situation like this on our block a few years ago, and she was gone within 6 months. I hope you don't end up having to move. That's such a hard call to make...your investment in your house vs. your fears about where the neighborhood is going. And why should you be chased out of your home by such nonsense? There have been seasons when I've seriously thought about putting the house up for sale, but, well, I'm still here.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  8:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Jonni: I would keep an eye, at all times, on your own children. Please, be careful. Please keep us posted. I am not feeling right hearing all this stuff. I wish I lived close by, I'd be other there in a second. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  06:46:25 AM  Show Profile
I plan on discussing all these options with my neighbors sometime this weekend--I really thank you for your support. I'm trying not to feel like I'm beginning a witch hunt, because, frankly, the stripper part isn't a big deal. Working for a law firm, we had an "adult business" that was a client and the woman who ran the place was a really nice gal. I mean, I didn't "love" her choice of occupation, but as a person, face to face, she was very dear, very real and not at all a dummy. The simple fact that she admitted on camera to prostitution for drugs and sex, and has been in and out of jail for drug use and prostitution, combined with the myriad of questionable people coming, going and staying at the house has me riled and concerned about my neighbors and my little girl.

The neighbor directly across the street and next door to these idiots had already started jotting down "new" cars that he saw more than once, and now is obviously more diligent that this story broke.

@Emily Anna--I KNOW, right? I love this moral highground she takes in the interview. Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's even dirtier--in many, many ways. It simply KILLS me that law enforcement and the prosecutors in Ohio decided that he was more important than she was. He's a low level official and, yes, a stupid one, but she tossed him under the bus for TWO MISDEMEANOR CHARGES. Not even felony charges. As my boss said, "this is a whole lotta to-do about nothing. He'll get off with probation--maybe." And there she sits in my neighborhood, still doing all the stuff she did prior to this.

@Amie--yes, we do have those types of statutes within the state and city, however, my city and its officials seem pretty lackadasical. Can't even get the mayor to return phone calls. I do like the police department and I did just get off the phone with the chief. We discussed more patrols on our street just so they know there's a police presence. Admittedly, they haven't "done" anything yet that I can confirm, so it's just a matter of waiting and watching. Since I work during the day and Justin at night, if my neighbors are vigilant, at some point, these folks will screw up and they'll be caught.

The police chief agreed with me that the way to start is with the kids. If the kids are out by themselves, unattended, running ragged without proper attire, in other people's yards, then I should call. That way, they can talk to the occupants and possibly gain entrance to the home.

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  09:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Are you writing everything down somewhere? Just keeping track of dates and events(and those license plate numbers) for future reference? I started out with nice old folks for neighbors once. But I've found you sure can't pick your neighbors. :( I'll be moving this year and good riddance to the peeps in this hood. PS - if you guys ever want some land, we'll sell you some real cheap. We've got extra.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  2:15:42 PM  Show Profile
Getting together with the neighbors on this is a good way to go. If there are constant complaints coming in, the authorities have to do something, if only to avoid having it show up on the local news.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic REALLY challenging situation...criminal matter. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page