Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 For all our married farmgirls...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic For all our married farmgirls... Next Topic
Page: of 2

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  09:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
or I should say any who are in love.... how did you know that your honey was the one?

Thought this might be since it's the month of Love.

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  09:27:38 AM  Show Profile
He said he knew the minute he walked through the door... I was a total mess - my roommmate and I were cleaning our apartment. It took me a little bit longer because I had major trust issues. But to be totally honest, I was "in total like" with him from the first "Hello." There was just something special about him - something good, something kind, something abiding, something trustworthy and true. And now we've been married almost 24 years. I'm truly, truly blessed! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  09:47:39 AM  Show Profile
I like your wedding photo.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  10:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
He made me laugh.... my dad always said the one that would win my heart was the one who would make me laugh....

Debi
herb19355

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  11:36:36 AM  Show Profile
Ours was a blind date set up by his and my sister. Lets say it was love at first site. :) that's lasted for 34 yrs so far lol.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  2:01:57 PM  Show Profile
We met online, and went to a late dinner, ended up talking in the parking lot after closing for 5 hours into the wee hours of the night. It was just right from the start :) We just got married in July here on our property.

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  2:12:10 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Natalie. You look beautiful!

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  2:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Hubby and I are High School Sweethearts, we were in a class together and when I saw him I just knew. We will be married 38 years in August, and I love him more everyday, he is my Soulmate, My Best Friend, My Everything.
The picture is from 2009 when we celebrated our 35th Anniversary, our Son had a party for us in August then in October we went to Hawaii and renewed our vows on the beach. It was our first time in Hawaii, our Son went with us and it was very special. Hope to go back to Hawaii for our 40th and do it again.
I love everyone's photo, they are all so special. Natalie congratulations to you and your DH, I wish you many, many happy years together.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 15 2012 2:49:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  3:04:07 PM  Show Profile
We met at the beach. I said hello as I was leaving. I went back the next day and he was there again and we talked. I think we both knew right away that we were right for each other. We've been married 16 years.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  3:06:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! I just love all these stories and pictures!!! How awesome! GREAT post, Melanie!!! Thank you!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:10:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh good I'm not the only one that met online!! whew. We visited online and started saying the "M" word which kind of scared us a little having never met. So he flew up to meet me and within the week we knew we were getting married. We're still youngins in the marriage thang. It'll be nine years this spring.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:18:13 PM  Show Profile
We met on a blind date in December of 1984, married in September of 1985. We've been together for 26 years thru four kids, tough times and good times. I love him more every day
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:21:51 PM  Show Profile
My DH and I were high school sweethearts. We got married when we were 19. He was the love off my life and my soulmate. We had 3 terrific fids and were married for 31 years before he died of melignant melanoma. I still miss him eveyday. My sweet son said maybe the lord let us marry so young because he knw we wouldn't grow old together.
Mihele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.dreamingofspringtime.etsy.com
Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Michele I am so sorry. But, how wonderful to have had that 31 years with your wonderful husband, you are Blessed. Thank you for sharing.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:39:30 PM  Show Profile
We met at a church singles dinner. I had been married before for a long time,and was so scared of dating again. So I prayed for the Lord to lead me to the one for me, and shortly after that, there he was! Only funny thing is he is really tall and I am very short, so I guess God wasn't looking on the outside when he brought us together.LOL!
He's a keeper, though!

Caron

Happy Farmgirl Sister #254

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  5:52:50 PM  Show Profile
I met my hubby online. We met in a chatroom and chatted a few weeks before he was able to arrange to actually meet me. Even though we were only able to spend 11 short hours together when we met, I just knew he was the one for me. We chatted for 2 more months after we met, then decided we wanted to get married. So I came up to Canada from Wash. state and married him! It's funny to tell people that I married a man I'd only seen for 11 hours {laughing}. It's been 13 years now and he's definately the one for me!

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  6:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We met at Arizona Bible College, both in our sophomore year (I had transferred from another college, so wasn't there for freshman year).
Started dating and . . . well, I don't remember thinking anything other than "this is the guy". We celebrated our 43rd anniversary this past December, have raised two WONDERFUL kids (our son has Down Syndrome) have been through a TREMEMDOUS amount of thick and thin and mountains of difficulties, lots of sunshine, laughter and love!!!
Gonna keep him!
CJ

Picture taken 3 days after our 43rd on 12/28/2011!!

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  6:08:52 PM  Show Profile
I didn't know mine was the one, that deep deep love you can't know unless you've been there, until after we were married a little while. We loved each other but getting married softened our personalities and then we bloomed and came to have a mature love. We've been married 7 years and it does keep getting better and better.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  7:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi! This was my first Valentine's Day without my best friend, husband of 41 years. He died on August 24 2011 of cancer. I met him on a blind date, August 1 and we got married 4 yrs. lateron August 1,1970. He was a farmer and I was a city girl. I guess unlikes attract and contrary to what some of my friends and realatives thought , the marriage lasted for 41 yrs. He had a dry humor and sorta quiet and I was out-going person. He made me realize how wonderful the country life on a farm could be. I'm living on the family homestead that we just inherited 8 yrs. ago. Everything here reminds me of him ,but there is nowhere else I would rather live. We sold off our black Angus cows because he couldn't no longer take care of them. My husband died in our local hospice center and there was a cute nurse that was taking care of my husband there. Well, my son is now dating her and things are getting serious. My son was so lonely and now is so happy and I'm so glad for him. Sometimes good things come out of a bad situation.
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  9:48:39 PM  Show Profile
DH was my college roomies next door neighbor. She told me for months I needed to meet him but he was in the Marines. The weekend he got discharged and came back to his Mom's house my roomie insisted I come come with her to his place for a poker party her BF wanted to go to. I relented and met this guy with the shortest haircut I'd ever seen. We went out on our first official date about 3 months later. While he held me for our first dance I knew he would be the one I would spend the rest of my life with. Will be 35 years this April. Still love this man!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  02:38:11 AM  Show Profile
What a great post! So fun to see such gorgeous couples and learn everyone's story!

I met my husband in college. My roommate sublet his room to "this grad student" for the summer. At the time, I was engaged, my husband-to-be was practically engaged and we figured the summer would pass peacefully. By the end of the summer, one engagement and one serious relationship were in shambles and a wonderful friendship had blossomed. We had convinced each other that we each deserved better from our significant other. And then we each realized where we could find that "better."

Our friendship has lasted for almost 27 years. He still makes my heart skip a beat and he is the best man I know. It is an honor to be his wife. There is nothing more rewarding than making this man laugh. And I have never known what it meant to feel safe before he came into my life. He is definitely my hero.

That being said... good Lord, he does some things that irk my soul!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  04:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
My friend was seeing a guy from out of town,she had his class ring and after just a few days the fun wore off, she was going to throw his class ring in the trash and i said no, let me have it and if he wants it back he can come to me to get it.He came to get it but let me keep it and that was 20 years ago~

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  05:04:18 AM  Show Profile
Here we go..

My hubby Skip aka MJF Brother "Big Buzz" and I have been married
for 40 years. I am 59, he is 62. I have known him since I was 5yrs old. When I turned 5 my parents moved from Albany Indiana to Muncie.
As we were moving in, another family had purchased the house next door and they were moving in. There were 4 boys. All were mean and hateful. LOL! Smarty Pants actually.Lol! Skip was the worse of the 4.
He was always sticking out his tongue and making faces. UGH! He could
make some really ugly faces. I would become angry and would call
him "Skippy Peanutbutter." (Not so nice myself, Huh?) Anyway, we lived
there for 3 years, and my family purchased another home about 7 miles
away on the other side of Muncie. After living there for 2 years, the
neighbors next door sold their home. Yep, you guessed it. Skip and
his family had moved in. Needless to say, the name calling started all over again and lasted several years.

Fast Forward..One day he was mowing the lawn, and helping his Dad in
the yard when I hid behind some lattice work in my own yard and watched him. All of a sudden, I thought, Hmmm, He is really cute. I was about 15 years of age at this time. Well, I watched the boy again
for another year. Now I am 16 almost 17. He just kept getting cuter, and when we both would be outside, we dropped the name calling and begin to say hello. WOW! did he ever have a gorgeous smile. I could not stop thinking about him. I went out on a date with a friend of his and he became very jealous and would not talk to me for several
months. Mind you, at the time I did not know he had feelings for me too.

Soon we started dating and I knew he was the one. When I was 18, he popped the question and I said YES!
At this time his parents were going through a divorce, and my parents were on the verge of one. When we announced we were going to marry, all we heard from his family and mine sorry to say was, "If your Mom is going to the wedding, then I will not be there. His family was going through the exact same thing.

In order to not spoil what was to be a happy day, we decided to go to the home of our Church Pastor, and there we were married with just a few witnesses.One of those witnesses was my GrandDad whom I adored.
We went back to his home to change clothes before heading off to our
honey moon in the Tennessee Smoky Mountains. GranDad was upset because I did not have a wedding cake. As we were changing clothes, Granddad was in the kitchen rattling sacks. As we were saying our goodbyes to him. He handed me a brown paper bag with a little red ribbon tied around the top and a note attached that said "Do not open
until you are 50 miles from Muncie. We watched the odometer and after
we reached our 50 miles, we opened up the bag, and there inside was
a bologna sandwich for each of us, a bag of chips to share, and the most precious part was a package of Hostess Twinkies, with a note that
read "Here is your wedding cake." It came from the very best of bakeries." May your marriage last as long as the Twinkie company.

How Grandad knew that Hostess Twinkie company would be around forever is beyond me. Each year on our anniversay we drive 50 miles from Muncie and pull over and eat our Twinkies. It is amazing how much has changed in a 50 mile radius.

Woo! Hoo! I didn't mean to write a novel. I thought you might enjoy knowing the whole story. I had the worlds best GrandDad, Dad, and now my husband. I have been so blessed. I am so thankful.

We have traded in the name "Skippy Peanutbutter" for Honey, Sweetie,
Cutie Pie, and Love Bug. Mushy Huh? LOL!

Love ya all!

Debbie H
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  05:08:27 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay,

I love the shirt your hubby is wearing in the picture.

What a statement! It reads. " I am anchored in Jesus!"

Love it. The two of you look so cute together. He favors
a friend of ours.

Tell him "Cool Shirt." Should be in the wardrobe of every
Christian.

Debbie H
Buzzn BEe
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  06:13:25 AM  Show Profile
I met my husband through an online personal ad. A vengeful college roommate posted an online ad using my name and information, and Matt was one of the men who replied. He seemed so genuinely nice I e-mailed him to apologize for the misunderstanding and explain that I already had a boyfriend. He replied to thank me for my reply. I replied to tell him, "you're welcome." And then he replied...and then I replied....
We had been e-mailing back and forth about six months when my boyfriend and I broke up. Matt offered to drive over and take me out to a consolatory dinner (we lived about 2 hours apart). We dated for a year, were engaged for two years, and got married in 2001.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  10:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Your story made me clap!
quote:
Originally posted by Ruby V

I met my hubby online. We met in a chatroom and chatted a few weeks before he was able to arrange to actually meet me. Even though we were only able to spend 11 short hours together when we met, I just knew he was the one for me. We chatted for 2 more months after we met, then decided we wanted to get married. So I came up to Canada from Wash. state and married him! It's funny to tell people that I married a man I'd only seen for 11 hours {laughing}. It's been 13 years now and he's definately the one for me!

Ruby ~ Sister #3597

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic For all our married farmgirls... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page