Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  11:59:29 AM  Show Profile
The second day of beautiful, sunny, high 70s, no wind, weather. The birds are chirping, the trees are budding, Mother Nature is bringing in Spring. Just beautiful to be outdoors.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  3:33:30 PM  Show Profile
Marly, sounds like y'all had a great day there. It should be like that in a few days here. But tonight it's supposed to 29. Ugh! It was cool today but I got my push mower out and used it as a bush hog out back in the goat field. I was sweating when I got done. I might have to turn the heater on for tonight or maybe just bundle up real good. I sure hope those goats and sheep don't think tonight is a good night to have lambs and kids. Looks like this weekend will be a really full moon so maybe they'll all wait til then.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  4:36:29 PM  Show Profile
We started off with wind and rain today and then the wind stopped and the hail came. It cooled off 10 degrees and snowed all afternoon. My kids' buses were on snow routes! Now it is sunny. Weirdness!

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

http://achickenwithherheadcutoff.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  5:04:12 PM  Show Profile
Kris: The temp got up to 75 today. So, I'm sure y'all will soon be sunny and beautiful. I worked in the yard ALL day and loved every second. I still have weeding to get finished with, plants to plant, bulbs to put in the ground, mulching to do, and a few trees that need limbs cut. Keep warm tonight. My goodness, 29 degrees, I've had enough of the cold weather. LOL.
I noticed the moon is almost full. I just love looking at the full moons.
Have a great day tomorrow.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  2:36:43 PM  Show Profile
The weather here in Whatcom County, Wa. it is freezing and ther is still snow on the ground. All my bulb plants are coming up so I hope this freeze does not hurt them.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  3:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
In the last Sunday paper here the GARFIELD cartoon was so appropriate. Garfield is standing outside and in frame #1 it's clear & sunny and he is smiling, in frame #2 it is snowing like crazy and he is looking a bit perplexed; in frame #3 it is pouring rain and he is getting angry, in frame #4 it is hailing big hail on him and he is grimacing and there are lots of the word "ponk" in the frame. In Frame #5 there is this big word "WOOOOOSH" and the wind is blowing so hard Garfield can hardly stand up and it's blowing his hair right off of him. In frame # he is in the house, dripping wet, standing there which the guy (can't remember his name) and says "I'm done with March".
Made me laugh!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 07 2012 6:29:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  3:59:42 PM  Show Profile
I saw that CJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I were laughing so loud at Garfield.
The weather is changing slowly here in SW Louisiana. Today it was in the high 70s. This afternoon it is a bit windy. We are supposed to get lots of rain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  6:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Never thought I'd say this so soon, but it's raining and I am ok with it. My garden actually could use the rain right now. Yep, it can. Paul (weatheman) said we could get up to 1 1/2" tonight. That's alot. Then nice the next few days.

It was nice today. Got some fence up around one of the gardens and left it open for the sheep to eat the grass down for me. The stakes went in real easy.

CeeJay, that's funny. He's right though. March is a crazy month for sure.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Amy_Beth
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

AmyBeth
Paradise CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  2:07:13 PM  Show Profile
I swear, we haven't even had winter here yet. We had one big rain storm, and one day of snow. That's it! Other than that it has been warm~ I'm talking upper 60's-mid-70's~ all "winter"! We *are* in California, but we're in the mountains of Northern Cali, so we usually get lots of rain & some snow during the winter. But winter skipped us, and things are already blossoming fro spring. Super weird!

Farmgirl Sister #3936
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  2:33:14 PM  Show Profile
Amy Beth: Same here. Yesterday, the temperature got up to 84, today we are at 50, and raining, and will be raining until Monday. Spring is surely here for us, I'd say.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  11:13:56 AM  Show Profile
Yay - spring!! Even though there is snow and rain in the forecast for next week I feel like we have turned a corner. Yesterday it was over 60 degrees and I had to leave my wool coat in the car - I don't remember a single day like that last March - this definitely gives me hope....

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  12:03:37 PM  Show Profile
We started off at 50 degrees, now we are at 65. I'm ready to take the fleece off and go outside for a long walk. Amy Grace, Spring will be here on March 20th. I think it's already here in SW Louisiana, everything is green, budding, flowering, etc... Enjoy your weather.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  12:11:15 PM  Show Profile
I am in Loleta CA and we are having a drizzly day, Yesterday was cool but really beautiful out with a clear view to the ocean. Oh well this is really the normal for here but I really prefer the sun.
Have a great day!
darlene

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile
I put away my winter coat and dug out my leather jacket. Let's see if it lasts!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Amy_Beth
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

AmyBeth
Paradise CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  4:56:10 PM  Show Profile
Yay! We finally have RAIN today!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #3936
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  5:08:12 PM  Show Profile
So far we've had the whole nine yards here today....clouds, rain, sunshine, snow, sleet, hail. Just waiting for winds that are supposed to kick up later tonight. Welcome to Spring in Western WA!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  5:08:53 PM  Show Profile
We are having wind, wind, wind. Started with some rain early this morning and has been blowing ever since. Temps are in the mid-50's, but there is the wind chill. Darned squirrel keeps getting on the bird feeder and spewing seeds everywhere and chasing the birds away.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  5:47:38 PM  Show Profile
We were in the high 70s today; overcast most of the day, with a little wind. Expecting rain tomorrow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  6:17:53 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo! Today we started cleaning up the property and garden.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  10:21:42 AM  Show Profile
OM Goodness a gorgeous day here in New York, I'm still wondering where Winter has gone. Mother Nature better not fool us lol.

Opportunity Never Arrives...It's Here!
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  3:07:39 PM  Show Profile
Joan: Here is SW Louisiana, we had a gorgeous day also. I've been in the yard since this morning. The temperature got up to 84 degrees. Spring has sprung here for sure.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  10:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Here in the Inland NW, we had snow and rain, but not much sun...typical March
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  05:41:39 AM  Show Profile
I said "Mother Nature" is playing with us yesterday. Cold brrr here in New York and the sun is hiding :(

Opportunity Never Arrives...It's Here!
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  10:12:03 AM  Show Profile
IT'S HOTTTT! Too hot to mow right now. So I will wait til later. And I wanted to get out in the garden but of course it's right out in the sun right now. And it's TOO HOT to work in the sun. And it's STILL WINTER. If it's going to be like this now, what is the summer going to be like? Hope the AC is going to work.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  10:37:44 AM  Show Profile
I couldn't believe we woke up this morning to a foot of snow!!! WAAAAAAAAA I was going to start my seeds in my raised bed this weekend and only have a hoop and plastic over the entire thing as my "green house"! This is more snow than we have had all winter, for goodness sakes! So, I hope you enjoy your warm weather ladies because only in my County did it snow!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page