Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  04:41:50 AM  Show Profile
BEA-UTIFUL! morning here in Durham, North Carolina. Cool, almost chilly, and no humidity yet!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl #134
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  1:59:19 PM  Show Profile
The temperature is 90 degrees with some humidity. The cicadas are making their buzzing sounds. It is a little uncomfortable to be moving around but okay for a nap.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  4:18:17 PM  Show Profile
Hot, hot, hot! I have some sort of heat rash and it itches like crazy. I try to stay inside where there's A/C. The heat index was about 110 today.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  1:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Hot and humid. The air is as thick as molasses.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  08:12:01 AM  Show Profile
We're blessed with the sound of rolling thunder, dark skies, and rain that comes & goes. So thankful for the rain. We need much more to fill the ponds, lakes, and to heal the earth from the drought of the last 5 or so years.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  11:08:01 AM  Show Profile
Miserable! Hot, humid, soupy, with rain showers predicted for everyday for the next week. I would gladly send some of this rain to those of you who need it so badly!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  11:47:33 AM  Show Profile
Cool and humid today.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  4:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Even though the temp has gotten to 90 degrees today, it is pleasant. The sun is shining midst clouds floating by. I think I am going to enjoy this coming fall.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  2:56:20 PM  Show Profile
80 percent chance of rain. I don't see any black clouds. It is hot, hot, hot. Can't wait for a cold winter. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  08:55:44 AM  Show Profile
There were predictions of rain since 4 days ago. Finally!! Getting some rain today. Time to curl up with a book.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, enjoy your book.

Forecast for week - low 90s - low 70s We are slowly cooling down.

Looking for rain and giving thanks for the coming rain - don't know when it will get here but I believe it is coming.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  3:33:21 PM  Show Profile

Rainy...hot...and humid today here in Kentucky...love the rain...thankful for it...as it is so needed...but the heat and humidity makes me wish to feel a breath of fresh cool Autumn air:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

"Autumn~The year's last, loveliest smile."

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  4:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Hot, humid, rain showers. Rinse. Repeat. Everyday on the long range forecast looks the same!! And we don't need anymore rain!! It is piled up everywhere just growing more mosquitoes. We need a weather game changer like something BIG in the jet stream from Canada!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  4:06:48 PM  Show Profile
Cute description Winnie. LOL It's just about the same here, no so many mosquitoes here in the Hill Country of Texas.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  3:20:11 PM  Show Profile

Hot and humid!!!Fall where are you at:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

"Autumn~The year's last, loveliest smile."

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  9:11:24 PM  Show Profile
Hot, hot, hot. Two days of clouds that looked like they were going to bring some rain. Last night we had a drizzle for all of five minutes. I am patiently awaiting winter. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2014 :  7:39:20 PM  Show Profile
This evening was surprisingly pleasant. The temp went down a bit and a steady breeze flowed through. We sat outside at the farm and watched the turkeys and goats roaming around.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2014 :  10:52:31 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, it was, as you stated, surprisingly pleasant", here in the Texas Hill Country this morning; cool and a little windy, and 78 degrees for a while. Nice! I'm still hoping for rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2014 :  4:31:14 PM  Show Profile
We got two nice showers!! The temperature has dropped to 77. Feels absolutely wonderful!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2014 :  9:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
Sunny mid day but foggy in the morning and cool this evening I love it.

Inside me there is a skinny girl crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2014 :  05:57:44 AM  Show Profile
We need rain, but it's not coming today. So, I'll be spending my day on my 'big green tractor' mowing 5 acres. Not complaining....I LOVE being on my tractor.

Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2014 :  09:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
Sounds wonderful to me, catherine! Foggy and cool here this morning...we get an early start before the sun comes out much. I love the cool mornings.

Inside me there is a skinny girl crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  06:44:07 AM  Show Profile
We got a quick down pour yesterday. Up side....I was glad to not have to water the garden. Down side....The air is as thick as molasses.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  08:51:01 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, when I was growing in Dallas the old folks used to say when it got hot that at least we had dry heat, and not the humid stuff along the gulf.

Through the years the humid stuff has moved north and we now experience high humidity. Nothing like what y'all get around Houston but we still don't like it.

Yesterday evening it rained and today it is over cast but still cool enough that the humidity isn't so bad. Come afternoon and I will feel the heat index go up.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  10:20:08 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday, it was cold in the low 60's. I had to wear a sweater. Today is very nice with sunshine and a temperature of 68 degrees. We ate breakfast at a restaurant and sat outside. A nice breeze kept us cool in the sun.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page