Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2013 :  09:13:24 AM  Show Profile
We have had a few days of really nice weather. One thunder storm, but we got the blessing of a little rain. It is supposed to be 100 today, and only hotter for the next few days.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2013 :  10:51:31 AM  Show Profile
It is prepping for some hot times, near 100's, and maybe even a thunderstorm. We don't need any lightning strikes because the grass is so dry that a fire could be deadly. It's the kind of weather that I need to get out early in the morning while it is cool and do my garden work.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2013 :  12:33:10 PM  Show Profile
BEAUTIFUL!!!! 80-90 during the day and 55-65 at night Love it.

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2013 :  12:20:27 PM  Show Profile
It is hot again today. We had a thunderstorm last night, but went around us. It started a fire between here and Boise, some homes threatened. The wind was gusting in several directions, but they were mopping up this morning, and no on was burned out. We try to get our work done in the morning, then seem to sleep all afternoon. Bad habit to get into.

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2013 :  7:31:53 PM  Show Profile
We had a really nice weekend for the end of July. It has been sunny with puffy white clouds, little breeze, and not too hot. Very unusual for this time of year. I went for a bike ride this evening along the river. The corn is doing well, considering it got planted late due to a rainy spring.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Brandy Patricia
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Brandy
Sarasota Florida
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  10:59:07 AM  Show Profile
Hot and humid. When you walk out the door in the morning it feels like the air is sticking to your skin. But I guess it's kind of like a warm hug.

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  10:09:53 AM  Show Profile
It has cooled off today, finally. It has been way too hot, for too long. We dodged the bullet last night, we had a fast moving thunder storm go right over the house. We saw lightening and heard thunder at exactly the same time. There were 4 strikes right over us, and then it moved on. No rain fell, but we didn't get any fires. It was way too close.

Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  10:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Absolutely gorgeous here today. Light breeze, no humidity and to get to mid 70's. Mostly sunny at present. Just a picture perfect day. Thank you Lord!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://pinterest.com/ctapestry/

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  11:02:53 AM  Show Profile
Rain all day, but that annoying misting of rain, not a full force rain

A Life Without a Friend, Is a Life Without Sun
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  10:57:26 AM  Show Profile
It is still hot, but not 100, so it is better. The breeze has been nice. We are still under threat of thunder showers later in the week. A little rain would be nice.

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2013 :  7:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Today was a beautiful day--it felt more like September than August. This is usually our hottest month but it's been cooler than normal this summer. I just took Jaxon for a walk and I could have worn a light jacket. Perfect for camping. Just an all-around beautiful day.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  04:14:47 AM  Show Profile
It's ch-ch-ch-chilly here in Pittsburgh! When I woke up this morning, it was only 40 degrees!!! I had to wear layers to take my son to work - including my comfy sweatshirt! We've had tons of rain this summer and the cool of autumn has been creeping in for the past couple of weeks! The birds are already getting fat and fluffy for winter, and my garden is all confused; some plants are already dying back (although the cool weather crops are thriving!). And my poor hubby just said yesterday he is thinking of just giving up and closing up the pool because we haven't been able to use it for weeks due to the cooler weather and storms! I keep telling him that, as is true every year, as soon as he's done closing it up we'll end up getting a long run of hot weather, but he's so disheartened, he is really struggling with his options. I'm sad we didn't get a lot of tomatoes, <although the ones we HAVE gotten are the best I've ever had (Thank you, Seedsavers Exchange!)>, but everything else out there seems to be rejuvenated and thriving. It's all good, though - I'm happy! If this weather will stay cool, that's A-OK with me! I'm SO ready for fall!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

EllaRow
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Chantelle
Nevis MN
USA
64 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  10:42:04 AM  Show Profile
High 70s here again. Been an odd year.

Soaking in wisdom as the showers fall
https://www.facebook.com/CavemanWoodworkingAndCrafts
https://www.facebook.com/RowlandComputersPlus
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2013 :  09:00:35 AM  Show Profile
It is hot here again, I can't remember the day of my last post when I said it had cooled off. It feels like it has been hot forever. We have had a few thunder storms, not many, and they passed over us, with no lightning strikes close. There are several big lightning fires east of us. Bad ones. We are getting used to this siesta thing, every afternoon.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2013 :  09:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Just got back from a long walk. It is hot and I'm dripping wet and just had a shower and need another. There is yard work to be done and I don't feel like doing it and probably won't until it cools down this evening. Top it all off--it's only 70-some degrees out. Go figure. Other than that, the sun is shining and it is beautiful outside.

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Aug 19 2013 09:41:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2013 :  11:41:42 AM  Show Profile
We had a refreshing fall-spell here inNew Jersey, but now we are getting back to hot and humid.
Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  2:23:39 PM  Show Profile
We had another HABOOB here in Phoenix, AZ yesterday. Thank goodness I was indoors. I was at a meeting with my quilting group in the Church's community room when it hit. I am lucky I get the weather alerts from DPS (Dept. of Public Safty) on my cellphone. I received 2 while driving to the meeting. The HABOOB (massive dust storm) was so bad, that they asked everyone to stay off the street and not drive if possible. Looking out of the community room window, I could not see the tree 5 " away. Then the rain came, in some parts of the valley the rain was coming down sideways. Kinds of scary. Now we get to clean up from the storm. We have tree limbs down all over the valley.
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  6:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear of your dust storm, Kammi. I hope no lives were lost. Hubby and I were truly amazed by the program about the dust storms done by Ken Burns. Scary and I know that a lot of knowledge about farming has been learned to prevent some of the damage done then, but these storms still come and find dust. I will say prayers for all of your affected by this. Please let us know if any help is needed. Here in the NW, there is nothing to complain about. Our summer has been mild, garden is growing. We are blessed being here. You get used to the rain. It helps everything grow here, we're green!
Take care.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4892 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4892 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  6:50:49 PM  Show Profile
WOW! NINI, 40 degrees! It is Hot and Humid in Tennessee! I am longing for FALL WEATHER!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  2:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Still humid, but less hot!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

littlepurpleflower
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

21 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  11:39:18 AM  Show Profile
It's a beautiful summer day here in Northern MI. The sun keeps coming out and the humidity is down compared to what it has been lately! It's a nice 77 degrees here and there is a wonderful breeze. Perfect weather for sitting on the deck in my rocking chair with a cup of tea! Have a great day everyone!

Michelle
Sister #4962

a flower to bring a smile! :)
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  6:22:55 PM  Show Profile
Nini: could you send the fold weather down South? It got to 101. Hot.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  10:29:03 AM  Show Profile

Still hot here in SW Idaho. In the 90's today, but overcast. The weather men are predicting thunder storms, with rain, and a chance of flash floods, of course. We did have a fire a week ago started by lightning. It hit a patch of sage brush about a 1/4 mile from our house. The flames were shooting 40 feet in the air, but then we had a 3 minute rain storm, which knocked the fire down, long enough for the fire fighters to get here, in record time, I might add. We were filling our spray rig with water when the trucks arrived. Thank heaven. Maybe we will just a get nice gentle rain to soften the parched earth and dry grass. Maybe it will last a day or two. Could happen.

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  2:31:22 PM  Show Profile
It happened, we were blessed with 3 days of showers, ending in a really good rain. The big destructive storms that hit SW Idaho skirted around us, just giving us the wonderful rain.

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  2:34:03 PM  Show Profile
It happened, we were blessed with 3 days of showers, ending in a really good rain. The big destructive storms that hit SW Idaho skirted around us, just giving us the wonderful rain.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page