Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  4:54:59 PM  Show Profile
The temperature was up to 81 degrees today. It's overcast, and the humidity and mosquitoes are returning. Rain is expected for tomorrow. Maybe we will get cooler temps after the rain.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  10:19:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marly and all
Well the water did get to 22 feet at the bridge but all was well. We had a dry day today but tonight it is supposed to start with the wind and rain again. We shall see how that affects us. Our problem is if the rivers rise south of us. so far so good...Just to humid to make divinity...:D
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  3:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Darlene: Do be safe! 22 feet is really high! If we'd have that much, we'd be under water; SW Louisiana is already below sea level. Keep us posted.
It's been raining here all day! Lots of rain, and thunder. Not an outside day for me today.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  09:14:43 AM  Show Profile
No rain today, but overcast and 44 right now. Yesterday it rained in the night, but cleared off and was very nice in the afternoon. We have more rain coming.
The resevoir near us was almost empty, till the headwaters of the Payette got 2 1/2 inches of rain, and more almost everyday since. The resevoir is filling up and river is running a lot of water. But not flooding. Hope the water goes down in those areas that are flooding.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  10:09:08 AM  Show Profile
The rain is finally over. Cooler temperatures, but not that cold. Some humidity.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  8:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, we are still getting some rain, but it has definitely slowed down. The water is beginning to recede, and I think things will return to normal soon. They are predicting more rain, but in the form of scattered showers instead of being measured in inches. We had a total of 12 inches of rain in less than a week. The creek overflowed its banks and we still have some puddles, but it's contained now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  9:58:32 PM  Show Profile
the rain has let up here for awhile so the river should go down again. It was so pretty out today and was nice enough for all to get out to come to town for our little open house. Our Realty lady makes the best several bean chili and I even got to bring some home. Such is the small town life. The Post Office put out cookies, the Bakery had all sorts of goodies and hot cocoa and Santa was at the water department which used to be Humboldt Bank and it is on the National Register, and the store was open and the Cheese Factory was open with cookies and cheese tasting and the church had cookies and some wonderful Hot Cider and then there was a group from the church singing carols down by the post office. It was fun and it did not rain.
Merry Christmas everyone.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  08:54:45 AM  Show Profile
This morning the temps in the low 60s. We are experiencing a sunny, beautiful day! Low humidity.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  09:41:42 AM  Show Profile
We have sun today, it is cool, in the 40's. More rain or snow on the way, but this time from the North, instead of the South.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  09:57:56 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe it! Its 10 a.m. and 47°F outside. I could work without a jacket, provided I worked hard enough. However, It's probably not going to stay that way. The sun is trying to break through the clouds. It's even warm enough that the dog is laying on the grass outside. She is getting pretty picky in her old age.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Betty:from reading your post, I assume you are referring to 47 as being warm? Being from SW Louisiana, for me, 47 degrees is COLD. I'd be in fleece clothing. LOL. My cats soak up the afternoon sun, also, warming up for the night.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  10:37:15 AM  Show Profile
Betty, we had 47 yesterday. It was a pretty nice day, overcast, tho. We had snow and lots of wind in the night. Not much on the ground this morning, and cloudy. The cows are wandering around lookng for bare ground. We may have to start feeding.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  12:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Overcast today. Temps in the high 70s. Humidity is returning. Rain is coming late Sunday.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  09:00:25 AM  Show Profile
A thunderstorm came in around 4 AM bringing a lot of rain!! Temperatures are slowly dropping. Tonight the low is expected to be in the high 30s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  3:12:50 PM  Show Profile
It has been in the 40s all day. The cold weather has arrived. Tonight it is expected to drop to 34. That is cold for us. It'll be warming up again for the weekend.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  9:24:23 PM  Show Profile
Temperatures were in the low 60s today. Rain is coming. The humidity is very high.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  07:37:15 AM  Show Profile
It is a beautiful clear, blue sky sunny day here in Florida. Temp is 60 but it is supposed to get up to 80. I love this weather. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile
The temperature is climbing to the high 70s. The humidity is also climbing, now at 80 %. Rain is coming.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  09:18:18 AM  Show Profile
We actually got rain last night! This is the first time since the first of November that we've received any measurable precipitation. What a relief!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
"A meal of bread, cheese and beer constitutes the perfect food." --Queen Elizabeth I
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  12:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Happy it rained in your area, Paula. We're expecting rain again Sunday afternoon.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  1:34:55 PM  Show Profile
It is 47°F here again today, probably about as warm as it is going to get. My sister lives 135 miles north of me and she is 17 deg colder than I am. Feel sorry for her cuz she doesn't like the cold any more than I do. It rained last night and is just overcast today. May rain later in the day. I'd like to ship some of the rain east so my folks in NE can get some moisture.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  1:41:51 PM  Show Profile
Raining. The humidity is 80%, temps in the low 70s. A very muggy day!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  4:23:03 PM  Show Profile
We have snow on the ground since Monday. Not much, but every little bit helps. It has snowed most of the day, but it is warm enough it isn't piling up, yet. The weather man says more is coming, maybe a foot or so in the mountains. We won't get that much. We started feeding cows on Monday, they are happy to see us in the mornings.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  8:34:42 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, Keep warm! It's been very warm here. Today the high was around 78. It's been raining since 4 PM. We are in for some bad weather tonight; thunder, lightening.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2012 :  08:49:10 AM  Show Profile
It has been very warm here. Woke up to 45°F, but the wind is blowing a gale. In fact, it has been blowing hard since before 3:30 a.m. I have heard that some folks have lost trees due to the wind. My son has some trees that were uprooted and that is not good. Son works for USPS and they are sometimes working in the dark as the power fluctuates. Thank goodness my power hasn't gone off, but am using as little as possible to share with those who need it more. School was also on a 2-hour delay due to power outages.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page