Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  4:39:42 PM  Show Profile
We are having another beautiful day in SW Idaho. Blue sky and no smoke. It is 85 right now. No rain in sight.
Some of fires have been turned over to local control. I am not sure what that means, except that they don't think any more structures will be affected, I guess they will just burn themselves out. Have any of you heard of the cowboy poet, Baxter Black? One of his poems is about big wildfires. It is chilling and oh so true, that we throw everything we have at them, and they burn until they are ready to put themselves out. Surely we will get some moisture soon.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  09:20:50 AM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, yes, I have heard Baxter Blacks poetry. I have heard the wildfire poem. Makes sense to me. I hope y'all get lots of rain soon to help put those fires out.
The weather here, this morning, is beautiful. We are supposed to get rain this afternoon. Doesn't look like it yet. Temps in the 80s.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

littlegirl54
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Connie
Rio Linda California
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  10:26:26 PM  Show Profile
It's HOT out here. I am glad it's not raining just yet because we have to finish roofing the garage. But, I am anxious for some moisture. We definitely need it.

Life's too short to sit in a box all day. Get out and do something creative.

Connie H.
Farmgirl Sister 4152
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  09:52:49 AM  Show Profile
We had a smokey day yesterday, eveyone was sniffling and wheezing. It is nicer today, but still slightly smokey. Nice day tho, mid to high 80's and clear sky. Enjoy your walk in the rain, Marly.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  09:03:43 AM  Show Profile
Overcast this morning, chance of rain. Another cool front moving in. Lows tomorrow morning in the 50s. I hope this coolness stays a while.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  2:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Still smokey today, but not as bad a yesterday, it is warm near 90 and dry. We have a 10% chance of rain on Sunday, but I am not holding my breath. We got another fire over East and North of Boise. It is in the mountains, and there is a small community there. They are tellng everyone to evacuate.

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  3:47:13 PM  Show Profile
It's beautiful here. It was cool this morning and warmed up enough that I could mow the yard without sweating. Puffy clouds, bright sun, a brisk breeze--autumn is almost here.
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  5:21:10 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, I am still praying for rain to put out those fires. Stay safe. Keep us posted.
Cindy: It sounds like you are describing the weather here in Louisiana. The humidity was low, puffy clouds, really a nice day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  11:46:21 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful today here but I woke up to 38 degrees outside and it was about 45 in my bedroom out from under the covers brrrr. I love it! When I came out to the rest of the house it was 63 and still a bit chilly made me want a fire. Oh how I love the cold weather..bring it on.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  3:06:41 PM  Show Profile
Here goes the broken record again, still hot and smokey, it is pretty bad today. The fire over by Boise was an arson caused fire, by a firefighter. Just a young guy, he really crossed the line on this one. Our neighbor lady has been saying that when our weather changes, we will just get winter, maybe that is what is happening to you Marlena. That cooler weather whould sure feel good. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  4:13:16 PM  Show Profile
Here in Louisiana, we don't get much of a really cold winter. I live too far south, almost in the Gulf of Mexico. But, we do get a number of cold days. Cold for me is 40 degrees. LOL
I am cold natured, so by November 1st, I'm wearing fleece! I once went up to Wisconsin in May, and had to borrow winter clothes from my friend. I was freezing!
Hope the fires are out soon. Have y'all gotten any rain yet, Kennie Lyn?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  08:14:49 AM  Show Profile
Marly, no rain yet, and none in sight. The jet stream is way to the north of us, with a low pressure system in the pacific, pushing everything north. The smoke is really bad today. Upper level winds are bringing the smoke into the valleys, and holding it there. The sun is a big blood red ball hanging in the sky with all the smoke. The cresant moon is also blood red. It was cooler last night and this morning, it feels really good.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  09:16:31 AM  Show Profile
We had another morning of 54 degree temps. It'll be a nice day to mow the yard. I'm still praying for rain for all of you in Idaho, Kennie Lyn.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  09:20:22 AM  Show Profile
I'll wish some coolness your way Kennie Lyn I would say a day like to day would be just what the doctor ordered for you but as beautiful as it is I am afraid the breeziness would not do well for all the fires and smoke in your area. Surely would hate for the situation to get worse for anyone. I realize it is a very frightening time for so many and have been praying for you all but I have to admit I catch myself saying :especially keep it 'over yonder' from where Kennie Lyn and her family are..lol I will do my best to work on that..I suppose humans are imperfect in the prayer department too but at least we keep at it :)Have a great day ladies!

Malena
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  5:17:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Malena, our little corner of the county has been blessed this year. One of the TV stations says we may get some rain on Sunday.The smoke is supposed to be better tomorrow, I went to town and it was bad in the valley. The other day when I went to town, I saw someone actually burning weeds, I was shocked, it is so smokey you can't see across the valley, and these people where adding to it.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  09:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Isn't there a burn ban in the area? There should be. The temp is supposed to get to 88 today. The morning temps are still in the 50s. Just wonderful. No rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  5:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, there is a burn ban, but I guess they just didn't think. And our little corner of the county got a fire yesterday, the smoke was so thick I couldn't see anything. It was about 3 miles away from us. It was in an interesting place. It was on a cindercone standing in the valley with the river on 3 sides. There are irrigated fields on the other side and a road. It really couldn't go anywhere, just burn the hill. It was started by someone siting in the their rifles, shooting across the river at a rock outcrop. They may get to pay for the cost of firefighting. There was one farm's buildings threatened, but nothing was lost. Weird, weird year.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  5:18:56 PM  Show Profile
The weather is absolutely miserable here. We have smoke so thick you can cut it with scissors. Looking off in the distance it looks like fog, but you can smell it--so it can't be fog. The sun is out and it is relatively warm. The health officials are telling folks with breathing problems to stay inside.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  7:00:15 PM  Show Profile
In SW Louisiana, we are concerned with hurricanes. I guess it doesn't matter what area one may live in there is always something scary. Kennie Lyn, I hope they find out who started that fire. I'm happy to hear no structures were burned. Betty: I know I'd be miserable with all of that thick smoke. I guess y'all just have to stay inside. Be safe. I'll be praying for you both.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  10:16:41 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful day in SE Indiana. Sunny with a nice breeze. 70 degrees at noon supposed to be around 69 at 3 (so my daughter with the weather app on her phone tells me)it rained most of the late night here and stayed awake to listen to it. Kennie Lyn I've heard from a few other farm girls in your section of the country that are dealing with the really heavy smoke in the air too. I feel for you all. Be nice if us gals on this side of the country could huff and puff and blow it out to sea (giggle). Marly I will keep you in my prayers as well and hope there is no bad damage from hurricanes or high winds down south. You are right there is always something to be concerned about in all areas of the world but how comforting it is to know that there is always something to be thankful for as well.

Blessed weekend to all.
Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  10:44:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Malena. Even after hurricanes and the damages, there are always blessings. You are right!
It's sunny, temps in the high 80s, no rain, beautiful. Out to mow the lawn.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  10:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Rain, beautiful rain. We got some, not a lot, but it got rid of some of the smoke, and it smelled wonderful. It was a real blessing. It is in the 70's today and for the next several days, so the fires should show down. They were predicting thunder storms, but we just got lovely rain.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  10:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful news, Kennie Lyn. I hope y'all get lots more rain.
We are in the high 80s. No rain. Beautiful.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  6:07:17 PM  Show Profile
Thankful for answered prayers Kennie Lyn. So glad to hear you got some rain and hopefully you will get more. I'm sure everyone is tired of the smoke etc.but I also feel for the firefighters. I'm sure they would really appreciate a break and some relief as well.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  10:23:01 AM  Show Profile
Our weather is absolutely beautiful. In the 90s today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page