YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  4:18:35 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, that's a very fine find. Don't you just love it when you come across something so wonderful and at a good price too.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Wow Sarah!!! That is beautiful, great find :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  7:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Great find, Sarah!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  09:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Sarah that is a great find indeed! I've never seen one before, or maybe I have, but without the cross stitch I wouldn't have known. How old do you think it is?

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  6:52:43 PM  Show Profile
So neat, Sarah! I love finding unusual things like that! Denise (Levi's Grammy)and I were able to get together today and among other treasures, I got a sweet wooden ironing board for $7.50. It's on the small and short side, perfect for me!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  2:48:50 PM  Show Profile
Kristi, I'm not sure. I wouldn't say it is all too old though.

Amy, what a cool find!

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  9:00:15 PM  Show Profile
Sarah.. fabulous find and UFO! Lll!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  12:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Our thrift store had a $3 bag day. I took my niece and we went shopping. I found a black leather purse, pair of shoes, clothes and a pair of shoes for a little girl I help clothe because her mom is a single mom and broke, some shirts/blouses for me, a hoodie, and a what I think is a sterling silver and turquoise bracelet. It is not marked 925, but feels very heavy and looks real. I was tickled with my day. What a deal for $3.
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  06:29:51 AM  Show Profile
Kem,
You really made a haul. So sweet of you to help cloth that little girl, I'm sure it very much appreciated.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  07:50:13 AM  Show Profile
Today is quarter days at our local thrift store. I am always hyped to go find the bargains. Still looking for kids clothes. Would love to find a leather/faux leather jacket to do a Pinterest project. Last week I found hand blown Mexican glasses, which I love. I seem to collect them. I also pick up any kitchen utensil that is from the 50s. I use a funnel, egg beater, metal pie pans, etc all the time I picked up at the thrift store. If you guys ever travel down Hwy 36 in northern part of western Ks stop in Oberlin and shop the Bargain Box. Wed. are quarter days. They have unbelievable deals. I almost feel guilty.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  5:43:24 PM  Show Profile
Snow boots for me, 3 nice winter shirts for hubby, a long planter I am going to paint rubbed oil bronze, 2 dozen nice plastic hangers, a pair of shoes and low cut boots, and some linens for under $5 at the thrift store today. Also found 9 canning jar bands/rings. They were free. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Love that store.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  10:04:15 AM  Show Profile
I take my clothes to my daughter's town and they have a very nice consignment store. I had enough money in my account from previous sales that I could purchase a pair of fringed ankle boots and still have money left in the bank. I loved it!!!! I also took more clothes down, so should have a replenished account next time we visit. They live much closer to a city and the clothes are very nice and trendy. My husband just shakes his head. I am a clothes hog, but if I take care of them I can wear them a season and trade them in for new ones. Love the concept.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  08:26:38 AM  Show Profile
Another haul on quarter days at the BEST LITTLE THRIFT STORE IN THE USA!!!!! I bought a flannel shirt that coordinates with my 1954 pickup truck, medium Christmas tree to chop up and decorate with, a pair of hiking boots in my size, two Christmas center pieces, and many many Christmas ornaments. I walked out with all of this for under a $5 bill. I loved it!!!! Please please come visit Oberlin, Ks and shop our store. Mary Jane how about featuring all the best thrift stores in the US. We could all nominate stores and vote on the best ones. A map of these shops would be great on this site.
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  1:12:54 PM  Show Profile
Kem,
Good buys! I love thrift shops.

Support your local organic farmer.www.localharvest.org
Have you hugged your cat today?
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2016 :  8:01:47 PM  Show Profile
My latest find isn't beautiful but very practical. I went to one of my favorite 2nd hand stores today just browsing. I found this cooking set. They marked them as individual pots for sale. (really?) They are in excellent condition. They look like they were barely used if at all. All together they were less than $30.00. The pots I have been using for the past few decades came from my mom's kitchen. They have to be 40yrs or better and showing their age. Hubby scratched his head when I came home with them. He said he wasn't aware I knew we had a kitchen.

TW

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2016 :  8:06:46 PM  Show Profile

Forgot to add the picture

TW

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2016 :  6:34:14 PM  Show Profile

I saw this cute pink jacket at the local Salvation Army thrift store. They where having a 1/2 off sale on all clothing. The tag $7.99 so $4 but then I thought I really don't need it. Then I went home to look at my old clothes, then I remember that I had a floral skirt with a black back round and this skirt needed a jacket. So I went back to the thrift store the next day, hoping it was still their and it was. I was ready to hand over the four dollar and some tax, when the cashier said, (drum roll please) .75 cent!! It was the color of the day sale all blue tags .75 cents.
Score... now that thrifty!!

Janice Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2016 :  8:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Wow Janice that is a great deal!!!!!!
It looks like brand new.
Wear it with pride. :)

TW

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2016 :  8:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Don't you just love good deals? I went today to ours and found some great jewelry and shirts. I love thrift stores. I rarely go into a retail clothing store anymore. I realized a long time ago a person can dress very well going to thrift stores. Today, everything I had on was from thrift stores other than my underclothes. Even my boots and necklace were thrift store. I felt like a million dollars.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2016 :  8:38:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kem
I totally agree with you. I love going to second hand stores, thrift shops, garage sales, flea markets and my absolute favorite "auctions". I also love ebay and shopgoodwill.com. Live auctions are fun but you have to be prepared to loose to someone with a fatter wallet sometimes. I like what I refer to as country auctions. Only once did I go to a fancy high auction. Ever'y starting bid was about 1000 dollars. I couldn't bid on anything. I only stayed because the invite said free gift if you attend. I got a lovely long strand string Of faux pearls at the end.

TW

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2016 :  09:42:08 AM  Show Profile
Thrift stores are so much fun I rarely step into a retail store any more. I just can't spend the money on clothes, appliances. etc, when I can get them for a 10th of the price at the thrift stores. If a person waits long enough they can find almost anything they are looking for. Also asking on Facebook can reap many sought after items. That saying, ask and you shall receive is true!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  4:30:49 PM  Show Profile
Goodies at the thrift store again. I found a vintage pepper shaker for a quarter. Not making this up. Our store's prices are cheap..... most of the time. It is soooo cute I hope I can find its mate sometime.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2017 :  7:13:40 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if this counts for a find, but my mom's friend came into the thrift store when I was working and wanted a wooden embroidery hoop. We couldn't find one. When I got home I looked and found a couple of size close to what she was looking for. I took them to her and she wanted to pay me. I told her it gave me great pleasure to give people things they couldn't find. This seems to be a gift I have. She sent me home with a blooming African Violet. She grows them from starts and has a beautiful collections of plants in her house. So now I have Gladys to go with Grandpa (a Hoya that was my grandfather's) and mom (a Bonsai from my mom). All three are happy as clams in my east window. Grandpa has been with me since 1981. It blooms the cutest little umbrella shaped cluster of white and pink centered flowers. Hope I have it until I am no longer on this earth.
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  7:51:54 PM  Show Profile
We went to a thrift store today and found a stack of old Mary Jan magazines for $12.50. Grabbed them up.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  3:36:01 PM  Show Profile
That was a great find!!

You can never be too kind!

FOTM June, 2014..I have been so blessed!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Nifty Thrifty:  What's Your Latest Find??? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page