Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Gifts Received! Year Round Secret Santa 1st Qtr
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts Received! Year Round Secret Santa 1st Qtr Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  4:56:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

I have received a few emails that cards, letters and gifts have been sent, so I wanted to be sure you have a special place to thank your Secret Santa!

Please be sure to post HERE whenever you receive anything from your Secret Santa so she knows you've received it! And we'd LOVE to see pictures, too - that's part of the fun! So please do share! :)

'Hope you're having fun!

Hugs -

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

GoddessintheGroove
True Blue Farmgirl

265 Posts

Heike
Sacramento CA
265 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  12:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Just received my first Secret SISTER mail!!! :)

I especially love the little magnets, how did you know Frida was one of my favorite artists?? (She and I have a special bond.....:)...).

Thank you!!! Now, to hide the pink hot chocolate from my offspring....
Warmly,
Heike

FarmGirl Sister #2245
"A journey back to the roots..."
http://www.herbmagik.com

"Women with opinions, pendants, & KitchenWitches...all in one."
http://www.goddessinthegroove.com

Find me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/theGoddessintheGroove
Go to Top of Page

mcorwin
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Megan
Ohio
78 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  3:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to for my goodies, secrect sister! I received some candy, fun socks, nice letter and a bee-you-ti-ful handmade table runner. It looks fabulous on my dining room table. I appreciate the effort, especially since I am a horrible seamstress!

You asked some great questions in your letter. Let's see if I can remember them all to answer....For how-to books I like to read, I mean books like Mary Jane's, home decor, craft books, etc. Books with projects. I love a good project. :-) That's what I look for in online tutorials as well. I frequent craftster.org, instructables.com, readymade.com, etc.

Also, I do some screen printing and some block printing (like carving a big stamp). I print on stuff from tshirts to tea towels to plain old paper.

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness and I look forward to learning more from you!
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  8:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Received my package yesterday from my Secret Sister! The hand made Valentine's card has the place of honor on the frig. I love it! You took so much time making it! I hid the chocolates so mom could have a treat of her own (me!), and the candles were PERFECT! I do have some candle scents in the home (trend around cinnamon & apple) but with my hubby's allergies and two of our children having asthma I have to be so very careful. That's why I sided with caution and requested no fragrances. The natural beewax scent is subtle and just right. I must send a pic of them in my glass pillars. Thank you so much for the gifts and the letter! They gave me a great boost on a rather downcast day. Blessings to you!

Live your life as if you are blessed, not entitled.
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  10:32:17 AM  Show Profile
I received a valentine's card from my santa.I posted on the orginial sign up before noticing this was where we post. I feel like it must be someone who knows me. It's homemade, which I like, pink and buttons and rick rack-all things I like. It is very nice and the coolrs are especially nice-whoever made the card has an eye for detail. Thank you, thank you I have it in my livingroom so I can enjoy looking at it for awhile.

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  6:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Thank you secret Santa for my really fun Farmgirl cut outs and APRON and a very delicate pretty pink crochet heart. I have a bulletin board in my office above my phone and I have "happy" things on their, funny quotes from my staff, grandsons picture calendar and now my fun farmgirl cutouts. Thank you sooooo much special Farmgirl.

Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlcowgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

crystel
Chillicothe ohio
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  1:22:03 PM  Show Profile
I received my first pkg on Friday. Farmgirl hugs to my secret santa you are a girl after my own heart when it comes to good chocolate. Also, thanks for the cute pens and notepad. I need a cute pen to get me through my days at work. I also enjoyed my hen and rooster and pretty wooden heart.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  2:29:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Secret Santa Sister for the wonderful surprise in the mail today! We were taking a lunch break watching "Modern Marvels" about the history of chocolate and suddenly, this beautiful bar of raspberry chocolate was in my mailbox! The really GOOD stuff, too! Thank you!!! I loved the beautiful card - and your letter was the greatest! I laughed when I read the cat part... too funny. (Although, I actually LOVE dogs - got any of those? LOL! Just kiddin'!) I'm just so glad to have "met" you! OH! And I love "Victoria" magazine, too... I'll see about saving you some of my issues from this year, okay? :) I wish I could just call you or write back - that's the hardest part about "secret sister" swaps... but that's also what's so much fun about them! Please send more letters when you can - I just loved the one you sent today! :) Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  5:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Secret Sis!

Thank you so much for the Valentine's Day card and fun spring stickers, they arrived today, just in time!

We have/had no plans for Valentine's Day. My husband is a horticulturist in a greenhouse and it's the busy season plus he commutes an hour so he gets home late and our son just turned 3 months old on Saturday and keeps us very busy. I made a nice dinner but we ate it at separate times because of our little one. Our 15 year dating anniversary (we starting dating our junior year of high school!) is this coming weekend so we may try to do something special for that. My parents are planning on visiting from northern Wisconsin so we may have babysitters.

Thanks again for brightening my day! :)

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  05:33:11 AM  Show Profile
I got a package! I got a package. That is what my daughter was singing as we left the post office. She forgot to read the label. So, when I said Oh no DARLING DAUGHTER...this one is all mine she was a little disheartened. So, I'm sharing. That's just how it goes around here. Share and share alike. ANYHOW...if I would have known what was in the box before I said I'd share....Well.....

I'd probably still have shared...that candy in there is just a sharable offense! I couldn't believe it...Do you know how long its been since I got Brach's Hearts? Eons! Ok, so I use to steal them from the kids Valentine's Day card exchanges from their school and stuff, but I haven't received them for me in forever. THANK YOU! Also I got some seriously cool stuff: A box of chocolates with an owl on it, SO CUTE! Love the owl. A nice note explaining some of the contents wit a super neat handmade rose made from a sweater and shirt (This gal is crafty!) a jelly jar oil lamp (SO NEAT! I am definitely going to use the olive oil. Why not?) and some homemade heart soaps.

As for the questions: Our goat farm is a major life experience for our family. We are in the sit and wait mode for 4 does to have their babies right now. They are holding out on us and it is exhausting because they are 2 miles from our home barn. Our young goats are at our home barn. We hope to consolidate or switch spots by the next kidding. That means major barn renovations at home. Yikes!

The kids are who do all the heavy labor, hay, grain, water trudging. A 13 year old boy who thinks work is fun is such an asset! We raise the goats for meat. It is part of our homeschooling experience to learn where our food comes from and how to grow and raise it ourselves.

What a day yesterday. 45 degrees was darn near perfect. Took 7 kids to the livestock auction and only had to wear my vest. (It was pink for the Vday holiday.) I'll tell ya, the farm folk around here needed a boost of calico and satiny pink sunshine yesterday. I don't know if they were all smiling at me for my lack of trailer backing up skills or that I forgot to wear the farmer uniform. Had my heart on my sleeve! Either way, I made people smile, including me and the kids....they are at that stage where Mom may just be too embarrassing to claim.

JUST AS I LIKE IT! ;o)

Have a terrific day ladies!
This Secret Santa stuff ROCKS!

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  06:20:38 AM  Show Profile
How exciting!!! I only get mail on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so mail days are a big deal anyway but yesterday was really exciting because there was a package for me!!! YAY!! I didn't even wait until I got home to open it~~ we live 6 miles from the mailbox and it takes about 15 minutes to drive the dirt road~~I opened it right then!! Inside was the nicest note saying we have alot in common??!! (how fun!!) and then the most beautiful, fringed, embroidered shawl!! SOOOO pretty, I will try to get pics uploaded, and then some of the yummiest smelling soaps ever, raspberry and orange creme!!

Thank you, thank you for making my mail day one of the best ever!!!

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

fairlee
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Fairlee
Hamlin Texas
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  2:18:59 PM  Show Profile
I received my card yesterday Thank you Secret Santa. My favorite colors are blue and purple. I would love old copies of MJ mags and love any scrapbooking mags. I have peiced ears any love crosses.
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  12:01:34 PM  Show Profile
I just recieved a large box from my secret santa and santa indeed! The box was wrapped in newpaper but not just any newspaper-it had historic events from England and China-haven't read it all yet. In the box was the most lucious lilac candle-a favorite-and it is not easy to find lilac candles. Socks in pink and red, 2 dish towel, also pink and red, always need those. A small glass butterfly with dried flowers in the wings and a disk with a saying hanging from the bottom. An angel holding a red rose-very cute. A handmade card with buttons and ribbons and glitter some of my favorite things. I will not be buying supplies for the spring mailart, bookmarks and ATCs-she sent an assortment of flowers with rhinestones, hearts and 2 spools of ribbon with 6 different ribbons on each spool. THANK YOU!THANK YOU! I will enjoy it all!

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  1:11:18 PM  Show Profile
Secret Santa, thank you for my package. I received it yesterday. It contained a bookmark with hearts and saying, a delicious tea that I made this morning, a beautiful black glass button that will be added to my black glass collection, and a tea bag holder. Thank you so much!

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  1:49:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Goodnes!!! I got home from work today and there was a package waiting for me.. i couldnt believe it when i opened it!!! I had said that i like altered art, well inside the box was THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VALENTINE SCRAPBOOK...... my secret santa outdid herslef.. it is really so beautiful.. it is exactly my taste... also there was a sweet little card that she told me that when she read i like altered art she knew this scrapbook should be mine!!! Well secret santa you were right on it is incredible.. thank you so much for your generosity im not sure i could have parted with that. thank you soo much i love it
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  5:51:17 PM  Show Profile
Package came for me!! To my secret santa, THANK YOU!!!! Your Valentine card was
just the cutest, and your little note inside LOVE it. I am also a Grandma, but I
have six grandchildren. Thank you for the Friend necklace, and hope to become
Friend's with you. The tea will keep me warm on these cold evenings, did you make
that adorable little pouch? I am still trying decide what I want to do with that beautiful
piece of fabric. This Big HUG is headed your way!!!
Go to Top of Page

cindylou2
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Cindy
Spotsylvania VA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  05:16:24 AM  Show Profile
I received an awesome package earlier this week from my secret santa. It had my absolute favorite caramel filled chocolates in it, a cute card and hankie from Moda (my fav fabric company!), a pot with seeds to start and a lollipop for Valentine's Day! What a great surprise. I loved everything. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Lil Lady
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Renee
Waynesburg Ohio
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  4:48:03 PM  Show Profile
I was so excited to find a sweet Valentine with a wonderful gift of coffee.....you don't realize you are now a friend for life. teehee
It is wonderful to have a new friend...thank you thank you and thank you Sleeplessreader!

Blessings to all!
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  5:35:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm just late in saying thanks, but THANKS for the cute Valentine filled with little tiny hearts!!! Beautiful!

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

canvascabinliving
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathy
Tendoy ID
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  10:28:31 AM  Show Profile
I cant thank my secret santa sister enough what timing the first card came just when I needed it. Since then I have received a wonderful music CD and cards and a letter what a joy. Thank you so much.

Live Simply, Simply Live

Canvas Cabin Living
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  5:11:58 PM  Show Profile
I meant to post this yesterday, had it all typed up and accidentally closed the window before posting. :(
Thank you so much to my secret santa for my package! It came yesterday! Boy I was surprised, you spoiled me! I love all the candy, and have it hidden away so no one else but me can eat it, lol!
The seeds are wonderful, I can't wait to plant them, and know right where they'll go! I love the guest towels, and really needed some, and the measuring spoons are perfect, I've been wanting a set of metal ones to hang on my wall in the kitchen. The cookbook I'm going to have to keep away from my daughters, or I will be missing it and it will be at one of their houses, looking forward to trying a couple of the recipes this weekend. And, the lemon bar dessert mix, will be for Sunday! And, I always need sticky notes, refrigerator note pads, and tote bags, and love the designs and colors!
The last thing I saw was the book, and what did I do but open it up and start reading! It's a new one for me, so I'm very excited about that!
Thank you so much for everything you sent, it felt like Christmas!
{{{Hugs}}}
PS- If you think of it, send me a note and tell me a little about yourself!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  6:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much to my dear Secret Santa :) I got some super yummy goat milk soap, and a body was set - and a cookbook! How she knew that I LOVE cookbooks and collect them I don't know :D Thank you again! Such a sweet surprise to get in the mail today....on my birthday :) :) Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

750 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
750 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  09:03:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, thank you to my Secret Sister !
I got tingles as I open my box and removed
all of the wonderful gifts. I got a quilt book, a
beautiful butterfly bookmark ( I love butterflies),
fat quarters,cotton yarn and strawberry chocolate tea.
I believe I have a wonderful Secret Sister,
can't wait to find out who she is now.
Heres a big HUG for her :)
Debi Carr
Go to Top of Page

momdrinkstea
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Elizabeth
Ozark AL
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  2:18:57 PM  Show Profile
HELLO SECRET SISTER!
Thank you for my lovely package, I received a beautiful book, and
yummy chocolate too! I LOVE SURPRISE MAIL!
This is so much fun! :)

Stacked Stone Farm
feel free to follow my blog: www.stackedstonefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  7:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Yay!! A little bit of spring arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Thank you, secret sister! I received a pot of marigolds, gardening gloves and some fun spring socks. My secret sis also sent an adorable stuffed dog for my baby boy, so sweet! Orin thanks his Secret Santa Nana! A little bit of spring was perfect after the foot of snow we received over the weekend. I love winter, but spring will be welcome. Thanks again for brightening my day, I can't wait to see the marigolds start to poke out!

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

canvascabinliving
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathy
Tendoy ID
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  09:06:18 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful Saturday it is today, though it is cold outside the sun is shining and I got more letters and two packages from my secret santa YEAH. Amazingly enough I was able to wait until I got to the store this morning lol.

Thank you for the nice warm scarf I am wearing it as I type as it is minus 2 degrees here again and the pot holders are awesome. Think I am going to put them in my little crafting trailer they are just too pretty.

I love the letters and hearing from you, your letters inspire me to keep up with my blog and I was wondering what I was going to write this week.

The angoras are fun I am still learning but will keep things updated on blog for sure. I do enjoy reading though right now it seems I am hooked on magazines about gardening, raising chickens, living off grid which is also what im reading in books.

Im behind on ordering my seeds going to order veggie seeds here pretty quick but havent ordered anything.

Thanks for the wonderful letters and gifts I love them its nice to be able to stop and read what a farmgirl friend has been up to.

Take care,

Kat

Live Simply, Simply Live

Canvas Cabin Living
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts Received! Year Round Secret Santa 1st Qtr Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page