Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Liluga's - Giving Love Away
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Liluga's - Giving Love Away Next Topic  

JamieRose
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jamie
Crystal Lake IL
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  09:51:04 AM  Show Profile
I have just started a new sewing ministry/business venture and would love some feedback.
I run an alterations business from my home and have been wanting to do something more creative. I also have been feeling led to do more ministry work and to reach out to others who are hurting.
I prayed about this and "Love Given Away" is what I came up with. I am making little dolls/plushies called "liluga's", and giving them away to people I feel could use some love and encouragement. They can put them in a place where they can see them everyday and be reminded of this love.
I've set my blog up as a place to share stories of encouragement and "giving love away". My future hope is to make these for other people to give away also. Thus, part ministry, part business.
Thanks for looking!!!

www.lovegivenaway.blogspot.com

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  8:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
What a wonderful idea. Your liluga's are just precious and I can see the love radiating out of each one. Something I've begun to realize, especially around Christmas, is that the gift doesn't matter nearly as much as the thought behind it. I think that's why I enjoy giving and receiving handmade items so much more than store-bought one. I'm sure your little liluga's will be treasured by each person who receives one. Keep up the good work!

http://www.craftycatgirl.etsy.com
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page

JamieRose
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jamie
Crystal Lake IL
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  12:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for your reply and encouragement!

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
Go to Top of Page

eriko
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

barb
old bridge nj
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  11:47:07 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Your Liluga's are amazing and precious. What a fantastic idea. I love that you are upcycling/recycling old materials.

I love the name also, my "dog daughter" is named LiLu and I am always singing her name to her (amazing how many different songs that name will fit in to!)

Peas,
Barb

Farmgirl Sister #2698

Live in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says, "Oh no, she's awake!!"
Go to Top of Page

dprovence
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Debbie
Little Rock AR
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  9:05:35 PM  Show Profile
Jamie you are so creative! What a wonderful idea. Those little Liluga's are the cutest things ever! I know anyone who gets one will cherish it forever!
God Bless you for being so thoughtful!

Huggs and Smyles,
Debbie
Farmgirl Sister #2636
Go to Top of Page

JamieRose
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jamie
Crystal Lake IL
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  7:22:53 PM  Show Profile
An update to this post from five years ago: Exciting news! My liluga's were published in the Spring 2016 issue of Stuffed Magazine (https://stampington.com/Stuffed-Spring-2016).

Does anyone else have any experience with being published?

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  10:35:46 PM  Show Profile
Jamie, they are great! I'm glad they will be published.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  07:54:04 AM  Show Profile
How wonderful Jamie and what a delightful way for you to share your love with the world! Congratulations to you

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  1:52:16 PM  Show Profile
Jamie, how exciting! This is such a wonderful idea. Your love is making a difference!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  9:19:09 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Jamie! Your Lilugas are adorable. The concept behind them is very important to humanity. Thank you.

Funny. I just noticed the Spring 2016 issue of Stuffed today while I was at JoAnn's. The cover looked so cute I almost bought it. Now, I guess I will have to.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  4:11:06 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful heart you have, Jamie. It shows in your work.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  4:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jamie,
I was surprised to see that your original post was FIVE years ago! My goodness! And your little lilugas are just adorable. Do you know about how many you've sent out? What a creative and loving heart you have!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2016 :  7:18:04 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Jamie, they are adorable. You are really blessing the world with your art and your love!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  12:30:05 PM  Show Profile
This is a super cool idea! We definitely need more love in the world!

Creature Comfort website: http://tap4creaturecomfort.wix.com/home

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

JamieRose
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jamie
Crystal Lake IL
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  6:11:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! I just heard some sad news though, Stuffed Magazine is going to be discontinued. I'm glad I got in when I did.

As for how many liluga's I've given away? In the beginning I kept track and originally maybe it was 30 or 40. Over the years I'd go months without giving any away, then I'd get back into it for a while. Now, it comes and goes in spurts. There never seems to be a shortage of people to give them to.

Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Liluga's - Giving Love Away Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page