Page: of 218

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  2:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Peggy, how is the packing going?????????????? And I need to know where to send your card, it is going to the post office tomorrow and I don't want it to get lost cause you up and moved, lol, without telling anyone your new address....just kidding, I know you won't do that....

Oh and want to tell all of you how well I am doing today, thanks in big part because of you ladies and your advice yesterday....

Wed is the corporation meeting, with MIL and FIL and DH....please pray it goes well and she doesn't act like an _ _ _!!!, I'm to nice to spell that 3 letter word out on here...

Now don't forget to let me know and I will add you all to the pig picken....even if you can't be here for DH birthday pig picken, I will post pictures as soon as I can...Pig Picken Oct 29th...lol

I love you ladies and you all have become my rock, well ya'll and DH...thank you

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 17 2011 2:25:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  3:34:42 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh! I am so excited. It started raining here and I decided to go out and close the pigeon coop up. A month ago my hubby took 4 pigeons off to a bridal photo shoot. None of them came home. I was sad, but it is a risk you take. Today 2 of them returned! I just can't tell you how excited I am! I am really excited! Really, really!

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  3:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Patty the bracelets are beautiful! I luv them.

Penny, like your special spelling...LOL you are funny.

My son is wearing my witches hat...he loves it. He is 11 years old. We got him when I was 50 (adopted). Now you know a little about me.
Linda in PA

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  4:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

I am going to post here after reading to the end of page 97.

Penny I am sorry your female inlaws are mean. I tell the children that people who are mean to others do not feel good about themselves inside. While we do not have to seek them out when they are near us we must be kind to show them that they are worth being kind to. Does that make any sense? A friend told us years ago that if you have a cat that is mean then you need to love it up more. I sometimes find that advice very hard to do.

Now this hog that waltzed into your yard and is now in the freezer. You did not have to put any time or money into it? It is like going deer hunting but it dresses out with more meat? WOW! I have eight hogs in my pen and we have to feed them everyday. There are no wild hogs running around up north here.
Last year our pigs free ranged but the neighbor was very vocal when they went down the hill twice last year. I do not want to be harassed so I penned them this year and pay more to feed them. I wish I could figure out how to keep them up on the top of the hill without a fence.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  5:41:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello again, Now I am at the end of page 99 and still have time to type before bed. We had ham steaks and scallopped potatoes for supper. It was ver warm and comforting. We have had cold rain and overcast skies for the last three days. I know the earth has to cool down somehow but I did really like the sunshine with temperatures in the 50's.

We did have the awful ice storm in '98. Everything was covered. We were just far enough south that we only lost power for three and a half days. WE were so lucky. We have a wood stove so keeping warm and cooking was not an issure for us. We have a holding tank for our water downstairs so we can bucket it up when the pump is not working. The trees were so broken from the weight of the ice. I fed the birds back then. We had four snow buntings come and spend a week sitting on the fence near the feeder. I guess the ice drove them south and we were a welcome refuge. I do not feed the birds anymore because we have too many cats.

I used to put the feeders on the porch which is on the second floor but the cats climbed the side of the house to sit by the feeders. Maye when this lot of cats gets too old to climb I can put them back up again.

Ginny, So, If you are way far up north and east in Maine how long does it take to get to Prince Edward Island?

We homeschool so that is what I do most weekdays. I find the work interesting but sometimes I just want to do what I want to do. At the ages the two whom I must help the most should be more independant but my son is just so disorganized if I do not stay close to him he only will write one word for each question and he is at an age where he needs to learn to put more thought into his answers. He wants to go to a Division 1 college to play baseball so he needs to know enough to present himself well.

Our daughter had a weave put into her hair this weekend. She looks very different. I told her she is far too beautiful for her years.

We care for an elderly neighbor of ours. Her partner died 14 years ago and her family lives in other states and she has not interest in going to live near her sister at all. When she recognized that she was losing her mind she made my partner her guardian if she ever needed one. Well, she needs one. This woman has a master's in lirary scince, is a MD and a JD. She is no longer able to read or do numbers. She has caregivers come in each day to help her stay at home and to take her for rides. This part is frightening but worked out very well. On
Sunday the weekend on call person called me to say the Personal Care attendant had gone to the house and called from the door and then called on the phone and no one answered. The oncall person said the patient was not home. I asked if the person was new or had the attendant gone into the house. The oncall person did not know. The only way my friend could have left her house was if she had wandered off or an unexpected visitor had taken her. But, since she is no longer able to dress herself I knew that was probably not the case. I was worried. If she had wandered off she was dead. It was not likely that she had wandered because she doesn't but dementia does odd things to a person. I was beside myself. I called the neighbor for a ride up because both of out cars were out doing something else. I found her in her bed waiting for someone to help her. I was so relieved. The attendant was new and did not even know where the bedroom was to look. I would have thought that she would have been briefed better than she was. I think this situation will not happen again. My friend did not know anyone had been worried and that is just as well. For her we work to bring her moments of joy.

I hope every one has a good sleep tonight and wake up well rested and raring to go.

hugs to you all,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  8:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh My Goodness Girls having computer problems at home and so came to my husband's work place
to check in on all my MJF forums and threads. Just quickly have to thank Darlys for the B-day
Card and Goodies that I got today. I LLLOOOOOVVVVEEE the Jane Austen Vampire Card. I haven't told
any of you that I love the whole Vampire Craze in books over the last few years. Call me crazy but
I do!!!! So, that birthday card was even more fitting than you knew. I have some friends in my
Book Club that will have to see that. I took pictures of what you sent and will post as soon
as my computer is up and running. Thanks So Much!

Patty...love the bracelets...will contact you once I move about getting a couple of those. Thanks for the pictures!

More Later Girls...thinking about you all and praying for those who have needs and even those who
don't. Love You All So Much!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 17 2011 8:15:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  03:38:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,
Today is the dreaded weigh in day at WW. Probably didn't do well. :( But I do love Tues. and WW's as it gives me an excuse to go to the city. I have to hurry and get a couple of pies in the oven to take to my sis-in-laws. Will make some chicken pot pie as well. Her mother passed away and her family will all gather there. Will be busy with the funeral next couple of days. I should have been up much earlier. I did call out to Ohio and wake hubby up this morning, but rolled back over and went to sleep. But he is an hour ahead of us out there, it was time for him to get up...lol.
Well, I gotta run this morning. Will stop in later.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Oct 18 2011 03:41:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  06:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Patty I love the braclets. My oldest daughter has a couple of spoon braclets she bought, but I think yours are prettier. Where did you find a Pumpkin Spiced Latte Recipe? It sounds wonderful.

Penny I don't know what a pig picken is, must be a southern thing? But it sounds like fun and I do love sweet potatos. Being from Idaho how can I not love any kind of patato. LOL So count me in can't wait to see pictures.

Holly I am so glad your friend was all right. That is so scary.

Well it is another day of work. I have to agree with Ginny. I hate to get up and go to work during the week, but I am up bright and early on Saturday. I'm not a big yard sale person, but Saturday is my day to do what I want and I want to do it all! LOL

Chat at you later
Dianne
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  09:40:24 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning GFs - It is overcast right now. The clouds are wispy and brushed across the whole sky almost covering it completely. No puffy marshmallows or cotton balls.

Had to roll out early this a.m. as DH had a dental appt to have a teeth cleaning. Now that's incentive to rise and shine! .

I made a pumpkin pie yesterday. I love pumpkin pie. I used to buy it from Marie Callendar's. Too Easy. But the MC near us closed and now I discovered I'm pretty good at making pie. Who knew?

Speaking of pie ... Patty ... Chicken Pot Pie ... you just inspired dinner tonight. Hubby loves it.

PeggyAnn, a Vampire fancier? - Shocking! I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday greeting. Keep on celebrating, gf. Keep that spirit of fun and enjoy the 60's. Remember that old phrase "Going like 60!"? I think there's some merit to that. And the music in the 60s was pretty darn good, too.

Holly, I know I told you before ... but I just love reading about life on your farm. With all that activity going on - you still find time to home school the children? Whata woman! Teaching is, for sure, one thing for which I have absolutely no gift. There were times I actually tried. I subbed at Sunday School. And it was a good thing I was temporary. The kids ran all over me. I was asked to teach calligraphy (many years ago) and, while I could do the demonstration, I couldn't get the process across. So, I to admire anyone who teaches anything. One thing I am good at though, is getting other people to tell me what they are good at. And then I can set their volunteering spirits into motion. I discovered that modesty can cover up amazing giftedness. Once unleashed - voila!

I am so glad you were there for your neighbor. I can't imagine how frightened she would have been if she had just been left to fend for herself. She sounds like she had a dynamic life and a good life with someone she loved. And, it speaks to your partner's caring that she accepted the role of guardian.

BTW, what you told your daughter was touching. I am sure she will remember that all her life. I know I will.

Ginny, your dad is in prayer. Hope he not only recovers completely but that he is around for a long, long time. Glad your hubby is up and about again.

Patty - I don't think I mentioned .... the bracelets are lovely. And I decided to turn my key holder into a pendant. It's too striking to be just tossed in my purse. I want it to be seen!

What a nice surprise you had! I'm happy for you that 2 of your pigeons made it home safely. Perhaps the others may yet show up.

Off to accomplish s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g today. I could just sit here and chat all morning. Ohhh, the sun just came out. Now that will give me some much needed energy.

Chocolate Kisses .....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  10:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning all, or guess I should say afternoon, since it is almost 1,

Patty, I am so happy that 2 of your birds came home...hoping that the other's show up soon. Hope you got some more rest and are having a great day

Linda, I bet your son is so cute with that hate on....wonderful thing adopting a child, such a blessing

Holly, isn't it wonderful to have free pork, we do all the butchering of the deer and wild hogs ourself, and yes it is like deer hunting...wild hogs are too big, this one was about 75 lbs. The only cost is a bullet, and electricity to keep it in the freezer, pretty good exchange I think..lol I know your neighbor is so happy to have you check in on her...you will be blessed for your kindness

Peggy, I hope you get your computer up and running and so glad that you got on to let us know, I was wondering about you yesterday when I noticed you hadn't posted.

Dianne, a pig picken is when you cook a hog on an open pit with lots of friends and family around. You cook the hog whole...(don't think we are going to do the whole hog this time) Then you enjoy good food and fellowship...it's fun and yea I think it is a southern thing..

Darlys, my favorite pie of the two is sweet potato but I do like pumpkin too. I wish I new how to make a good chicken pot pie, never can get the thicken part right.

It is so good to hear from all of you this morning, coming to read all the post is the first thing I do everyday...

LOOK LADIES WE ARE ON PAGE 100 NOW, HAD TO COME EDIT THIS POST CAUSE WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT IT.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 18 2011 10:10:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  11:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I am working on 2 blankets for a baby shower one is a faux chenille blanket and a crochet one. When I finish I will take a pic. But I have finished a baby bonnet made from a handkerchief here is the pic

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

wishiwasonthefarm
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Louella
Park Forest Illinois
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  11:35:28 AM  Show Profile
I am 55 years old.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  11:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Louella, from the southern state of Georgia, so nice to have you here, stick around and you will fall in love with these wonderful, witty women....we have a great time and are so happy every time a new person comes aboard.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 18 2011 9:14:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  11:54:23 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies! Having fun reading current posts and catching up on older ones. I have construction guys here. They are replacing everyones windows and sliders to energy and sound efficient ones! I am in a construction zone! Lol! Had to chuckle a bit. 2 of them were having probs with pulling some of the old off and said some very colorful words. Remembered I was there and felt bad. I laughed and shared that I grew up around men in construction. It is all good. My family and I arent shy with the language thing, lol! But how refreshing to see a man that still practices chivalry! Lol! Well, I will check in later. Hope everyone is having a good day! Farmgirl hugs, linda (ks) www.scatteredlittleblessings/blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  12:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Holy Cow!! Well not really. I dropped out waaaay back and am finally getting back with young chicks over 50. I have bunches of reading to do to catch up. In the beginning of our startings...way back when, I didn't think there would be so many of us. I first want to say..Hey! to Judy and hope that your darn shingles are better. I picked up a brochure at our local Safeway store on shingles vaccine, and they are giving them too since they started doing flu shots a few years back. I had chickenpox as a child, as did my kids who are in their early 40's. There was n vaccine then, and the thought was still to let unexposed kids visit with ones who had the chickenpox. Now we are all susceptable to shingles.

I am impressed at all the work and thought that has gone into this group. I love what is offered and the friendships that have developed, and the sharing and knowledge that goes on with a group like this. I hope to catch up on all the posts and become a part of your friendships again. Farmgirl blessings!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Edited by - buffypuff on Oct 18 2011 1:04:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  1:58:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey Louella - jump right in. Looks like we are pig-pickin', pie eatin', jam cannin' yard sale sailin' wenches this week. We might have a little bit toooo much fun on occasion ... but we are right there with you in crisis, too, ready to love you up. We share some really deep stuff and it is so good to see one of the girlfriends saying "me, too!" or "I'm with you!" So, join us -- you'll love us. And we are sure to love you. Penny and I just joined in July and just look at us go. Penny is pushing 650 posts and I'm just over 150. (It's really more than that - but, it appears, you only get credit for one post per day per forum.) BTW, where is Park Forest, IL? And, how's the weather? (We talk about weather a lot. It's a farmgirl thing.)

Speakin' of Penny, that spunky southern belle, I've been checking out her website recommendations on page 98 and they are fascinatingly good reads. I'll never get through them all! Thank you! Penny!

Claudia, The reason I'm only at (a bit over) 150 posts - even though I've probably posted double that - is because I am SO connected to this group. I wander over to the porch occasionally and I've touched upon other forums once or twice, but I really belong here and this is where my relationship energy really is. I love these women. I hope you will come back and become a part of this wise & wonderful and very special sisterhood.

(Wow, we are at 100 pages on our Fifties/Sixties/Seventies Forum, gfs.)

Patty -- I ran across an article, gotta see if I can find it again. It may be in with the old magazines that I already donated to Kaiser. It's about a website where you commit to losing a certain number of (say 2) pounds a week for (say) 10 weeks. It's the honor system. BUT, if you do not meet your goal, you send a predetermined amount of $ (your choice; say $25) to the site - and they get to donate it to any political party or organization that you absolutely CANNOT stand. Just the idea of a political party that I don't agree with getting $25 from me would be enough to keep me on target. WW is probably more civil ... and does have a track record. You looked pretty darn good in your pictures ... but if you think you want to peel a few pounds - you go! gf!

Penny, those hats are precious!

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  7:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Louella...where in Park Forest do you live?.....I used to live in the 'W's..190 Washington. Richton Park before that. You will love these gals. Anything you need advice,info, prayers....hugs, love, a shoulder......they will offer it all!

Peggy...so glad you get to have more room and a washer and dryer of your own! Don't over do with the move and all. Now you get to have more room for all your marvelous crafting!

Penny...your sweet soul need not be bothered by the pettiness of others....they will get their comupence (sp?) at some point. Bless your sweet hearted DH. And I'm up for the pig picken. Central Texas has more than it's share of feral hogs also. The pig pic reminded me of my experience with skinnin' a pig. I was about 10/11 at my grandpa's for summer vacation and he was butchering and I asked if I could help. My grandpa handed me a knife and sort of showed me how to cut under the fat but I was very poor at it and kept cutting through the skin....and since grandpa wasn't the most patient of men.....that was my last hands on experience with pig skinnin'. :) Nowadays I look back on the experience with amusment but at the time I was sort of heartbroken 'cause my grandpa didn't have faith in me to get it right.

Welcome back Claudia....remember your beautiful flower pics from earlier pages.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  8:57:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome Mel. Alas, my flowers are all ooofft. We've had 5 or 6 days of below freezing weather, so it is time to turn attention to the fall colors of trees. This group of ladies is phenonemal. (Wished they had spell check here). I am enjoying hearing all the joy and feeling sad with all the discomforts people are having. Time to go to beddy-by. Applesauce starts again bright and early. Night to all!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  12:41:29 AM  Show Profile

Darlys...love that card and goodies! Drank one pack of the Via this morning while hubby loaded the car up
with boxes (you are a life-saver girlfriend)! I usually keep via on hand for those quick single cups of
coffee but had been out for a couple of weeks.

Penny...my sweets, could you do me a huge favor! Can you gather the addresses for us 7 Yo-Yo Swappers
and email a list out to everyone in the Swap? If you are too busy then I will do it...but we will just
have to postpone for a couple more weeks or when I can compile the List. I have extended the mail-out to Nov. 15th
And all mail to my old address will be delivered to the new address...so don't worry girls but here is the new one: Peggy Smith
10612 NE Crest Ave. Vancouver, WA 98685 Penny love the Hankerchief Bonnet...I made one of those for my middle son when he was a baby. And have given many as gifts. I just love them!

Welcome Louella...Noticed that we were your first post...hope you find us again and come often so we can all get to know you and you us! Wonderful Women Here!

Forgot to mention my youngest son came out to night and fixed my computer. So happy that the younger kids were raised on computers and they seem to have no promblems fixing anything on them. He also reminded me to let my laptop run completely down and then recharge it when needed. I didn't think about the fact that I was pushing more power into it all the time and could damage the hard-drive.

Claudia...Welcome back girl. Any Snow on Mt. Spokane yet? All of our Mt. have gotten fresh snow on the
tops. They look so pretty with their sparkling crowns!

Gotta say good nite ladies...

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 19 2011 02:33:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  02:30:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies.
Gosh, I just don't see my life slowing down soon. :( I am exhausted, but then I am in bed early and up early. Sometimes I wish I could just sleep until 8am. But oh no, I was in bed at 9 and up at 3. Even 2 years since hubby retired, I still remain on his work schedule. I Totally wasted the entire day yesterday. I took a GF along to the city with me and we made it a day. Finishing off with supper and back home by 8:30pm. I weigh in at WW and lost an additional 2.8 lbs. woohoo! We then had lunch at the Lo-cal Cafe.I had a spinach wrap, lo-cal slaw and a delicious pumpkin cheesecake dessert. I gotta figure out how to make that dessert. It was a long day, craft stores, fabric stores, antique shops, thrift stores, and grocery stores. Now I have the next 2 days tied up with my sis-in-laws mother's funeral, and a last minute Chamber of commerce "shop local" artisans sale on our little town square tomorrow afternoon. I have a sale this weekend as well. I get exhausted thinking about it all.

It was so nice to go outside this morning and hear my lost pigeons "cooing". I think they were happy to be home. :)

PeggyAnn- Thanks for posting the new address. And I am so glad your computer is healed. :)

Louella- We hope you stick around. We love new faces. You will find that this is a great bunch of ladies.

Penny- I love the bonnets, they are adorable.

Ok, I am sitting here in the quiet, drinking my coffee and I hear the doggy door in the garage close. My dogs are both back in the house. So I start to worry. No, I start to get scared. I will admit I can be one of the biggest "chickens" there are. My heart is racing. I am wondering what is in the garage but I am not going to dare open the door and look. A few minutes later, our cat meows, from the other side of the door. Darn thing, I never saw him go outside when I let the dogs out.

Well, Off to make some "Super Hero " capes. Have a good day.

Patty #1840

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Oct 19 2011 02:32:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  05:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone! I've been so hit and miss for awhile, that I'm going to may it part of my daily doings. I so enjoy hearing from everyone and what you are all doing. Welcome Louelle! So glad to have you joining us. There are wonderful gals here and so supporting. Just jump in there and have fun.

Judy I to pray that you are doing better now with those shingles. Hoping the are clearing up well. Your in my prayers girlfriend.

Claudia so glad to see you back. Life gets crazy sometimes and he sometimes have to take breaks and take care of others. But I always enjoy your post, so keep them coming.

Ginny I read that you have fibro also, BOY is mine ever a mess right now. Have you found that the weather changes effects yours? I guess we just keep moving and taking it with us. Also sending prayers for you father, pray he's doing better.

Penny you make my mouth water with the pancakes and pear syrup! Make just have to make some soon. And your handerchief Bonnet is just adoreable. Love, love it!!!!!

Oh Linda(Ks) I'm getting so excited to come down in November. It's been a year now and we are going to have so much fun. Tell Nic to start going through her movies. Looking forward to seeing the little ones also!

Well girls off to fix some tea and working on Fall cards today. It's going to be in the low 40's and the north wind is wild. Hope all of you have a fun and active day!

Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  05:48:27 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,
I don't know if this is still page 100 or if I am on page 101.

Did any of you ever put an important paper you didn't want to lose in a secure place and then couldn't remember where you put it? Well, that is what happened to me. I spent yesterday afternoon looking for my birth certificate. I had it sitting on my dresser top for a while and then put it someplace so I wouldn't misplace it and now I can't remember where I put it. Talk about a senior moment! giggle!

Patty, I am so happy that 2 of your birds have come home and I am hoping that the others get there soon, too.

Penny, Mmmmm...I can smell that meat a'cookin' and the sweet potatoes are going to make some really tasty pies or be yummy any other way you fix them. You are such a blessing to your neighbor. The little bonnet is so precious.

Welcome Louella. We are so happy to have you join us. Welcome back Claudia.

Peggy, thank you for your new address. I hope all is going well with the moving. I am glad to hear that your son has fixed your computer. I kow how frustrating it can be when that computer goes on the haywire. Thank goodness some of these young people are so good at working with the computers.

We had such a big rain yesterday. I was so glad but because of that birth certificate thing I really didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked to. I did work on my sewing in the morning with the sewing group which was very nice. I think I am just going to call up and order a new birth certificate.

Off to make so muffins for breakfast and maybe some oatmeal cookies. Going to do laundry today and finish up on some sewing. I have some calls to make, too. That is my list for today, not that I will get it all done. I just go with the flow.

Have a wonderful day dear ladies.

Blessings and hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  05:51:40 AM  Show Profile
Patty meant to mention that I love your bracelets! What a wonderful way to recycle. Also the key necklaces, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing with us. Girls just reread what I posted before and saw so many mistakes in typing. Forgive me, just had so much to say. LOL

Later, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  09:38:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the compliments on the bracelets. I am a recycle fanatic. I am always looking for ways to recycle things. I love the thought of recycling. Even as a child I made doll clothes from old clothing. My daughter's dresses were sometimes made from her daddy's old shirts, curtains made from sheets. With 4 children and living on the farm you learned to make do with what you already had. :)

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  10:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I was sitting here today, it is cold and raining and looked over on my dresser and saw this fabric card my Momma made me way back in the day 1988 on my 30th birthday...I just wanted to share, I think Momma had just gotten her first sewing machine that did fancy stitching...lol..this is what she love to call it...hope you enjoy her work as much as me...I miss Momma everyday.The front has my initials on it and one of the flowers has the year and my birthday (30)This is the inside, she was just learning how to use her machine.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 19 2011 10:31:02 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page