Page: of 218

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  08:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Wednesday indeed! where is time going? to fast for sure. yesterday, worked on black walnuts for hours, boy was i tired, even though using a bench vise is so easy. made toasted cheese sammies with velveeta mexican cheese and pepperoni, turned out yummy! of course, tomato soup to go with it. :)

welcome Darlyne and Lynn (happy birthday) to the best bunch around. you will love it here.

Darlys: glad you had a great birthday! some people don't want to be reminded, but i love a reason to celebrate something good.

the car went in the shop on monday for a few days to fix a dent from a limb falling on it 3 weeks ago after a storm came through. good thing we have a jeep wrangler to get around in, even though i almost need a step to get into it. lol

debra e: we took out the a/c's 2 weeks ago. will just use lots of fans if we need them. always have ceiling fans going anyway. :)

Nancy: be content with laughing, since it's like jogging on the inside. then you won't feel so tired. lol

remember Dick Clark, The Gong Show and Mr.Ed?
you all have a great day, ya here? :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Sep 28 2011 08:40:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  09:06:22 AM  Show Profile
Girls did you all starting reading in school, Jack and Jill. It was the first book they taught out of in my school. How about Mash and the Dick Van Dyke show. That was back when we had something that made us laugh.

Went shopping today and came home with the cutest patterns to start for our new grandbaby in March. I've got the table set up and ready to go. Between sewing baby items and trying to finish my grandsons scrapbook for his 18 years of life, its a graduation from high school gift. I've done it for the 1st one and will have 4 more in the future to do. I'm going to be pretty busy for awhile. But it will be a fun busy. I enjoy reading all your post and sounds like everyone is keeping busy also. Have a good day, it's getting warm today. But sit out this morning and finished a really good book. "Scarlet Feather". If you run across it, it,s a good read. I knew if I didn't get it finished I'd never get started on my projects. Be back later, Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  09:34:50 AM  Show Profile
I learned to read from Tip and Mitten stories and Dick and Jane.

I think this week will be the end of the canning season...pickled beets. Still waiting for most of the tomates to turn...very slow this year. Hope to squeeze in a little hunting with my hubby on Saturday morning.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  10:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Lynn, you will enjoy it here with us fun, crazy, little wild and full of spunk "girls"....come by anytime and I promise we welcome you with open arms...you can't find a better group of "girls" to share with, the good or the bad, we are here to listen and share and give advice if that is what you are looking for....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile
I never heard of Tip and Mittens stories...but we did learn to read from Dick and Jane.

Welcome Lynn and Happy Belated Birthday! Just turned 50 huh? Hope it is a good decade for you.
I thought turning 50 was very difficult but then maybe it was just my circumstances that was
difficult. Lost my husbands mother (who I loved) in January, 9/11 happened, lost my dad in
Oct. twenty days before my birthday...so turning 50 for me was hard. Also, quit my favorite
job in the world to spend the last week of my dads life with him and started the worst job of
my life 17 days after his death. Worked that worst job of my life for 3 years. Found out in
that Corperate Job...that I am not a corperate kinda girl. I was use to being the big boss and the buck stops here person...found it hard to go through the corperate chain of hoops and ladders...to get anything done.
Anyway, praying your circumstances are brighter and cheerier for you and that your fifties are
the best ever for you!

Darlys and Nancy...I just found a new DVD of "New In Town" off amazon. Can't wait to see it.

Judy...have been doing a marathon of "Gilmore Girls" for three days. Was up til three this morning
watching it...then the dogs got me up 6 hrs later (not enough sleep) how pathetic is that? I am
soooooooo hooked though! My husband is laughing at me...

OK girls, my mind is mush...have made a billion mistakes just typing this post...I need sleep!!!

I leave for the Beach tomorrow. NOT taking Gilmore Girls with me. NEED REST AND RELAXATION! hee hee

hugs and more hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  11:06:29 AM  Show Profile
It's a beautiful day, so far, here in Cupertino. It's supposed to warm up to the 90's though. Autumn, oh autumn, wherefore art thou?

Ladies, as you get older - it really does get better. Hubby took me out for a lovely dinner last night. We got home, watched the tail end of DWTS - the results. I then fell asleep on the couch during the news ... dragged myself upstairs ... DH carried our water glasses up and I was asleep again before he turned out the lights. Today I'm having lunch with a friend ... one of the dearest ladies around. We grew up 20 miles from each other but didn't meet until (25 years ago) when I was working at the Lutheran Church she attended. She is 83 and going strong!

Nancy and Patsy - I figure that every time I wake up another year older - it's a good thing. It's true though - that this birthday has been really remarkable for me. I usually get 2 or 3 calls. 1 or 2 cards, and a really nice evening out with DH. Always been very pleasant. This year I received several cards and greetings (mostly from farmgirls), 15 calls, and my dinner out with DH. I don't think I'm dying yet ... but that was a lot of attention!

Patty has me thinking about epitaphs now. I've been working on a list: "Her toffee bars were to die for!" (of course, Patty's - "She said her feet were killing her") I shifted from "I said I was sick!" to "My back is killing me" Now I'm thinking of (no modesty here) "Buried Treasure." (And a nod to the Beatles) "After-Life Goes On, Bro." How about this? "I kicked more than the bucket!"

Hey Betty - NC is only 3 weeks away! Is the area still a textile paradise? You said "quilt shop" and I just know you will enjoy more than the wedding and family. Mostly wedding and family, of course, but - gee ... "quilt shop?"

Debra, sorry to hear about Hal getting old and cranky. Maybe a little TLC (technical love and care) will put him in a better mood. At least you are here and he hasn't gone boots up.

Lynn - Welcome and a belated happy birthday to you - you are going to have fun here for sure! Many of us are on several times a day, whether we post or not, just to see what the farm-girl-friends are up to. It's addictive.

Darlyne and Lynn - We seem to be on t.v. shows now, but we've played with paperdolls, crayons, dolls, & marbles. We've checked out what we grow, make, build, nurture, the weather (regularly), music, animals, husbands, children, grandchildren, & extended family. We kiss ouches, share what we've baked, canned, cooked, where we've been and where we're going and what we are doing. We love to give advice and appreciate getting it, too. This is where irons pee and poop and potatoes win prizes. This is a safe place to share your sadness, joys, troubles and triumphs. You have arrived at a fantastic place. We'll love for you to stay and hang out with us.

Kim, is your DH going to bring back dinner - or is he doing catch and release?

PeggyAnn - all my doctors are female (except my dentist) - I didn't actually plan it that way but that's how it turned out. My GP (F) retired and I really like my new (F) GP, too. My obgyn (F), my chiro (F), even my ear doctor. No blushes here as it turns out. The only good looking male doctors I've seen anyway, have all been on TV.

Kathleen - my sister's name is Nancy, too. That was funny and I'm going to share it with her.

Brenda - My first "reader" was Dick & Jane (& Spot). But my dad taught me to read b/4 I started school (at about 3 years old) and I would get in trouble in the classroom because when called on to read - I never knew where to start. I had already finished the book. (Back in "the day" you could still get in trouble for things like that!)

I'm off to spiffy up for lunch with (Betty) my friend.

PeggyAnn, you'll enjoy New In Town, for sure! Have a wonderful time at the Beach this weekend.

Tons of love, farmgirls!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Sep 28 2011 11:11:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  12:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey to the new farm gals. Darlene and Lynn. Yews is gonna like it here down on the farm.
We haven't had much rain. It is all around us but none here. I even had to turn the air back on it got so hot and humid.
I remember Mr Ed. The talking horse. I did like the laughin show and remember The Smothers Brothers? Now here is a oldie...Sing along with Mitch. Right now I like DWTS and has anyone seen x factor? I said that I wasn't going to watch another show like that...but it is really good. Lots of talent.
Getting cloudy here. Maybe we will have some rain today. Have a good rest of the day and will check back later. I want to look up the book Scarlet Feather.

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  12:56:23 PM  Show Profile
When it comes to T.V. shows from childhood it has to be Gunsmoke, Big Valley, Bonanza and High Chaparral. There were many others too, but I loved westerns. My grandpa and I always watched Gunsmoke together. I was the marshall and he was my deputy...we even had tin stars and I had a toy six shooter, holster and cowboy hat.

Y'all sure do know how to make a person feel welcome here. Thank you for the birthday wishes and nice words.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  3:23:01 PM  Show Profile
How about the Lawerance Welk show, with the Lennon Sisters!!!

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  4:51:08 PM  Show Profile
Debra e...I definately like The X-Factor and will still watch American Idol also. Don't you think Simon seems especially nice on his own show???? ~ I thought I would check out the Scarlet Feather too.

Darlys...I got that movie "New In Town" brand new for $4.00 (thought that was a great buy).

I am looking forward to the Beach tomorrow!

Big Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  6:49:00 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to Darlyne and Lynn!!

Happy Belated Birthday to Darlys & Lynn!!

Kim - I love to fish but haven't been able to all summer. Back in his hayday, my Dad was Chief of the US Fish and Wildlife so of course all of us girls learned to fish and we all love it today! My folks came to visit us one summer and within 20 minutes we had 60 white perch caught and Dad fillet every single one of them for us. Funny though, I hate to eat it so my DH does that for me.

Peggy Ann - LMBO!!!! Love the ephitaphs! How about "Excuse my Dust"

Brenda - My Mother always watched Lawrence Welk and right after it my Grandmother watch wrestling. So if we wanted to watch TV that's what we watched on a Saturday early evening!

Dick and Jane - While at Border's fire sale I stumbled across Dick and Jane and Vampire. It was written exactly like D & J only they included the Vampire as though it were including Mother and Father! I bought it for $2.00, I mean, how could I not!

My day was very interesting. When I went to work I had 10 chickens. When I came home I had 14 chickens! And no, I didn't bring any home. LOL, you just never know what will happen when you wake up!

Good night ladies!
Ginny

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  6:51:17 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn

You did get a great buy. On sale at Target, I paid 5.99. 2 Thumbs up, girlfriend. I can hardly wait to hear what you think of it. Are you packed for your beach get-away yet? Oh, what am I thinking!

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Sep 28 2011 6:58:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  7:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Darly.......they we suppose to catch and release but they were told they we stocking last saturday and after they got there they realized they had not stocked at all. So there was only like 5 fish caught between 16 fisherman.

Oggie.....I was an only child and if I had not learned to hunt and fish I would never had made it!! Also my hubs made a comment to a friend of his before we met that "he would know when he had found the right woman, because she would cut her own bait! I do, and we have been married 32 years......to each other!

This has been a long day for me. 5 hours was spent at the kennel with a new rescued Husky that has issues with people. I have my work cut out for me but we are in it together and he will make it. I am spending tomorrow creating. I find out today that dh is not going to the show with me next weekend. So I am going and unpacking and all by my self. But it will be a good sale and I am looking forward to it. I have so many things to get finished up though so no eating or sleeping till after the sale!! Do any of you live closed to Lucasville Ohio? If so I will be at the fair grounds for the SW Ohio Poultry Association Swap Meet from October 8th-9th. Lots of handmades and vintage as well as farm animals.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com

Edited by - jollyquilter on Sep 28 2011 7:48:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  7:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Good evening girls. Have spent the last 3 days making applesauce and applebutter. First time for the latter. It turned out soooo good that now I want to make pumpkin and pear. Will put my squash up this weekend.

Welcome to Darlyne and Lynn.

Happy belated birthday Darlys and Lynn. I love being in my 50's. ItN been the best for me.

Betty, so glad your trip to the city was wonderful, and the trip home uneventful.

Kathleen, great to hear about your health.

I laughed when I read your story about the corn. We planted 2 packages of butternut squash, but I think one was actually spagetti squash. In addition, we have this weird mutant squash that I have no clue what it's supposed to be. The insides look like spagetti squash, but the outside is like nothing I've ever seen lol.

I learned to read with Dick and Jane and Spot.

Have never seen the Gilmore Girls.

More cat "tails" (a play on words). So I got up early to can my apple butter; it cooked all night in the crock pot. Let the dogs out as usual and set out everyones food. The cat kept trying to get to the door to get out, so I yelled at her. Next thing I know, she pushes a box I had put together to mail on the floor. Scared the pie out of me. Anyway, so she gives me this look, and walks away. Right now, she is meowing really loud because she wants to go outside. She's been doing that for the past two hours. Anyone want a cat? Lol

My Mary Jane books came yesterday, along with my Sisterhood membership. Guess I'll be whining like the rest of you, no water bottle. Maybe it's just for renewals. I love my books, and can't wait to get started making things.

My DH will start graveyard next week (filling in for an injured coworker). Since he will need to sleep during the day, I'm going to take advantage of my (ok his) quiet time and sew, and cross stitch, and knit and, and, and...

So many projects, so little time.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  05:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!
Gosh, I thought after the big fall festival last weekend things would slow down, but no luck. But I am not complaining, I love to stay busy. I am trying to get the house back in order, so I can do some more sewing and crafting before the next fall festival. I am getting phone orders for my spoon necklaces like crazy. And I just started making some beautiful necklaces from recycled old watches.Can't wait to market them.
I got some kitchen cabinets from an apartment building that is getting a remodel. I put 3 of the wall cabinets above my washer and dryer in my laundry room and will put the rest in the barn. I am so excited. The shelf that was in the laundry room will go in the sewing room today to hold all my new buttons!
Am taking care of hubby now. He fell on his knees yesterday. (Didn't pick his feet up high enough stepping onto a sidewalk.) He just had both knees replaced last January. :( I am a little worried about his knees. I hope they are glued well. He says his knees are fine and don't hurt a bit. But they are swollen pretty much and scraped up pretty bad. No trip to Ohio this week.
Okay, I am on board with Dr Oz's health challenge and have gone back to weight watchers. I had to do something. I am still in a size 12, but I added a patchwork design up the side seams of last winters jeans to adjust them to fit. :( But the tag still says "12". :) I have a dr appointment today. She will not be happy with my summer weight gain. All that fair food will get ya!

Dick and Jane - I bought some old books from an auction for sentimental reasons. :) My granddaughters read them. It is ashamed now that kids do not learn like we did. I have a 25 yr old nephew that can not read cursive writing. In this age of computers, kids are not required to read and write cursive. Cursive writing will be a lost art. When I was in high school, you didn't dare turn in a high school paper not in cursive.

Darlene and Lynn- Welcome to the country! I am sure you will love it here! It is a great bunch of gals here.

Darlys- I love the epitaphs! Maybe I should change mine..lol

Betty- Enjoy NC! I love the Carolinas. I have a son that was stationed in NC. My daughter was stationed in SC for several years. 2 different times. I have a son stationed in SC now. I love my visits there more than anywhere else.

A.J. - I make pear butter every year and label it for Christmas. :) Friends and family expect it now. I think I would ask MJF about the water bottle. I am sure I saw it on "Pinterest" as free with membership a few days ago.

Well, everyone have a wonderful productive day. I hope to stay off of here and get some work done...lol.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  05:45:32 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Lynn and Happy Birthday!

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. My cat brought another little snake to the back door yesterday. It was the third one this week he has found. They are all alive and he knows just how to carry them by the middle so that their head and tail are hanging down. All three were harmless thank goodness. I saw the cat prancing so proudly across the grass ready to present me with this "gift" at the door. The last cat I had was able to catch birds and would carry them with the birds head in its mouth. Then I would save the bird by opening the cat's moouth and letting the bird out so it could fly away.

I learned to read with Dick and Jane. I still remember sitting on those little chairs in that reading circle up in the front of the class. We didn't learn phonics but with the see and say method. We had rhyming words like an, can, fan, man, or bake, cake, take. Then the teacher would say, "look for the little word in the big word." I found one of the Dick and Jane books at a used book store a while back and I had to buy it.

I watched the X-Factor last night and I am surprised to see Simon so nice this time around. I like seeing him more supportive. It was nice seeing the families watching their children perform and I like the audience there also. I thought last year's Idol show had the best singers ever.

Aj, I had to laugh about your cat. When I was a little girl, my mom got this gray cat that we name Hemo. He was so tough looking but my mome really loved him. Everytime it was dinner time he would sit in the kitchen at glare at her with this look. He would just sit there until she fed him. We had another cat and two dogs and they would be about their business. Buy Hemo wouldn't budge. Not until he got his dinner. He lived along time, got really sick one time but made it through. One day, when my brother and I were out playing we saw his body in the street. We didn't mean to laugh but you know how kids can be. He was all stiff and I guess the truck parked there had run over his body because he had tire marks on him.

Wish I could try your apple butter. Sounds yummy. How do you make pumpkin butter? I would like to make some.

Ginny, I never fished much at all. My dad was always working at the radio station in Hollywood either rehearsing or doing pr work. He was on a radio show. I think I was the only morning person in my family, too. Even on weekends everyone slept late but me. My DH is the fisherman.
I will tell you though I love to eat fish. You can catch them for me and I will eat them all. LOL

Jolly, how often are you working with the Husky? Hope all goes well for him. So sad to hear that some animals have it so hard. Do you know about the Best Friends group in Utah? I subscribe to their magazine and donate to their place regularly. A wonderful place for rehabilatation for animals.

Hugs galore

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  05:48:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Wow, miss a day and miss a lot!! Lol! I have quite a bit of catching up to do with the posts later! We have maintenance crews going in/out of the apt yesterday and today. They replaced all a/c and heater units, are winterizing and checking things, etc,. They take good care of us all here, I must say. Should get done with the portions being done today? Look forward to getting caught up and chatting with all of you! Have a great day and I will chat more later on. Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  05:59:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!! It's a very cold, wet and dark morning here in Michigan. Looks like it will be that way all day.

This is going to be a very hectic day. I work in county government and tomorrow is our last day of the fiscal year so today is a deadline kinda day.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello.

Blessings,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  06:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around much, so much happening here that I haven't had time to sit and write about each of you...I am trying to keep up with everyone tho.....Lynn, my youngest son just moved to MI. He lives in Macomb Township. I am so glad to know their are farmgirls up that way...never know might get to meet some of you when we get to visit...Ok back to work for me....DH and I are doing alot of changes in our business so it is taking alot of my time right now...but as Arnold Schwarzenegger says. "I'll be back"...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  09:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,
Kim, hope your hubby gets to go on another fly fishing trip with his buddies again soon. Sounds like this one was a bit disappointing. I hope he had fun anyway.

Debra -- I loved Mr. Ed ... and the Smothers Brothers "mom always liked you best." That's about all I remember about the S. Bros. How could I have forgotten Gunsmoke! And Bonanza! And Lawrence Welk!

Ginny - Love your chicken saga ...

A.J. I adore your cat! Hey, sorry about you not getting your water bottle. I wonder what the criteria is. Maybe MJ has been reading our forum saw what we said about the w. bottles and decided we are just whiney, tantrum throwers and that we are just too old to need bottles anyway. I just don't think it's right. Waaaa! But aren't the books lovely?

Hi Patty! Don't change your epitaph ... you were my inspiration! I love yours.
Sorry about your DH tumble. I understand that the knee replacements are a lot tougher than the real things ... so here's hoping he will get the swelling down (ice) and just have a bit of scabbing.
You are gifted, gf! I never thought to add a bit of "color" in the seams of my jeans. Great idea. My problem area is mostly in my waist. I have small bones - so legs and arms look almost thin - but the midsection is overly "fluffy." I know I have to exercise more than my fingers at the keyboard.

Those butters y'all are making are sounding really yummy. Did I just say my midsection could use pruning? Oh, well.

Nancy - interesting about your dad. I used to work in radio, t.v. and advertising. I was a commercial copywriter - and occasionally recorded commercials for air.

Looks like everybody's busy today. It's 9:15 here and I have to get hubby's car in for it's checkup at 10 and then run it over to a smog check station so we can renew his registration. Our 6 year old vehicles aren't new enough to skip that annoyance.

It's nice today - was in the mid-90s yesterday. hot. Supposed to get to the mid-80s today and then start cooling. We may even get rain come early next week.

We are off to Oakhurst again tomorrow and I haven't even recovered from last week's trip up. It's just been a busy week.

Later, ladies ....

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  11:43:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

We got up early this morning and planted five trees. I guess we'll do the other five on Sunday. Hubby has to work the rest of the week but the store doesn't open on Sundays until 11 and it closes at 4. I don't know why they stay open on Sundays as they have very little business then. I bought a lovely potted rose yesterday. It's an apricot hybrid tea. I can't think of the name of it off hand.(senior moment)

My Wyandotte is still sitting on her five bantam eggs. I hope they hatch. Three are silkie/marans and not really bantam size and the other two are Old English Game bantam in the porceline color. They tend to lay colored eggs. My bigger chickens don't have a rooster although I'm thinking of putting the Silkie/maran in with them as he is as big as they are.

I finished one of the great grands afghan that is due in December. It's to be a girl so I made it in pink and white. I'll take a pix soon and post it. I started the other one and it is white, yellow and green in a shell ripple pattern. It looked hard to do but it isn't once you get the hang of the directions.

It's time to fix lunch so had better get off here. Hubby is hungry and I'm getting that way. Bye for now, Betty
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  12:00:30 PM  Show Profile
Patty.........I always take my own food for the shows if not I would be a size 50 or something!!

Nancy......I will work with him about 3-4 days a week and we will see how it goes. I believe he is older so that is a concern to me. I have never heard of that rescue but I am glad it is there.

I am taking a much needed break from my BALL rolling marathon to stretch my neck and shoulders. So I had time to drop by. I need to go and gather carrots and shallots but have not go tthat done yet.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  12:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Darlys..........not a trip today just a class. A fly tying class. They do it every thursday evening.

It will give me some more creating time!!

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  6:08:03 PM  Show Profile
PegDear,how funny you are, a Dr your own age...eeeeegads....and you know him????
Soooo GilmoreGirls have you hooked, huh? lolol Welcome to the GG club.
Dr Kildare was cute...they tell me....but I was too young to understand why my Mom swooned at the TV when he was on(she says she didn't,that was my Aunt...hahaha...riiiight)
Patsy, I made grilled cheese with Velveeta mexican cheese too last night!!!hahahahaha We ARE Sissies!!!...oh...and we know why you like birthdays so much.....CAKE!!!
Hi Brenda, how are you? Our reader of choice was Alice Jerry&Jip(the pup)
I got a great deal at Goodwill today Gals. A bolt of gorgeous material (24 yards-45 in wide)in 100% cotton for $5.00 bucks. It's navy blue with old fashion dusty pink roses.So preeeeety!!!
I see lots of sewing in my future! ~~weeeeeee~~ I also got 4 yards of green&gold check and 4 yards of solid green(apron material *giggle*) for $3.00 each They match each other perfectly. You don't usually see material at Goodwill, and ESPECIALLY not bolts of it stll on the cardboard center.
Welcome Lynn, Happy Belated Birthday to you. Glad you joined us here! We will be your sisters thru thick&thin and love ya just like blood kin!Darlys said it all. I couldn't have put it any better! We are Farm-girl Sisters and we love US!!!
I just watched "New In Town" night before last....for about the 6th time now! heehee Love that movie!..."I said wear something you can GET dirty"....ROFL
Pam, I just love the Tater-Baking-Bag! So quick and makes a moist tater! Thank you again!
Debra, ahhhh yes, Mitch Miller. "Follow the Bouncing Ball.' Loved to sing along.Such harmony there. And the Lennon sisters too. Those were the days of soft,lilting music you could sing too!
Ginny, how funny. My Gr-Grandma loved to watch Roller Derby back in the late 60's when it came on TV.But she said, "I don't wanna watch none of those cardboards(cartoons).She didn't like them AT ALL!!Always called them cardboards! *sigh* ... miss her so much still! Like a 2nd Mom. Called her Granny-Mom!
Jolly Kim, I like your comment about being married to "each other" for 32 years. That's rare and something to be proud of. Where is Lucasville?
AJ, welcome to the sisterhood. Isn't it exciting to get that package in the mail? I was all giddy like a wittle kid! haha
Patty, soooo sorry to hear about your DH falling. I sure hope and Pray that he didn't damage his knees again!
Well Gals, it's time for tea and TV with Hubby!
Take care of YOU!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  6:56:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Glenda. You will enjoy visiting us. We are a crazy bunch at times and we talk about all kinds of things. You mention quilting. I'm a quilter also and I garden here in the high desert. I look forward to hearing from you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page