Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  6:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Donna, Welcome!! So glad to have you here amongest us "over 50" bunch. Looking forward to getting to know you. This is THE place to be. Georgia, Lots of memories there.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  6:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Well I'm knocking on the door to 56. I can't believe the years have flown by so fast! Holy Cow! My Mom passed away when she was just 57, so I've had a scary strange feeling about getting past that number. Even my brother was relieved when he turned 58, and we had never talked about it. But it's like so many have said in this thread that it's just a number, and I'm trying to be proactive with my health issues, so I think all in all it will all work out. As far as being in my 50's it's all been pretty "shiny"! Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

Arctic Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Marjorie
Nenana Alaska
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  5:20:37 PM  Show Profile
Greetings to you all. I just joined, turned 57 this year and am having the time of my life. Over 50's have wonderful stories, life experiences and the joy to try new things. We are all so blessed. It's my pleasure to be a member with such other wonderful women.

Believe in the power of Love!
Go to Top of Page

Chelley
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Mesa AZ
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  1:00:46 PM  Show Profile
Count me in on the over 50 crew. I turned double-nickles on September 20th. Among my little group of friends, I am the only one who seems to be happy with her age. I have less than 4 years to go before I can retire from the State with my 80 points,and am truly looking foward to it. I've begun to work on what I'll do then. Of course, I would love a little place with a few acres, but at my age, I have to be realistic. That may never happen. But a girl can still dream.

--chelley.

Farmgirl Sister #2323

...returning raw foodist....new knitter...happy 1st time homeowner...Wisconsin FG currently living in the desert...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  5:17:40 PM  Show Profile
I am 61. Have I posted this before? If so, I forget....... :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  2:46:05 PM  Show Profile
I just saw this... and YES I am over 50! Just barely, but I got an AARP invitation in the mail today, lol! I don't hide it, I am noticing that lots of benefits come from being over 50!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  5:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello,

I have just signed up and I will be 54 two days after Christmas. It is odd to me to finally be in a group considered the older ones. Growing up I was the youngest in school for all the years but one. I like being my age. I like knowing what I know and knowing hos to find out what I don't.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

Go to Top of Page

Chelley
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Mesa AZ
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  6:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Holly. You'll find this is a wonderful group of women. Everyone is very friendly and supportive.

--chelley.

Farmgirl Sister #2323

...returning raw foodist....new knitter...happy 1st time homeowner...Wisconsin FG currently living in the desert...
Go to Top of Page

Donnaree
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Donna
Waynesville GA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  5:42:27 PM  Show Profile
and a warm hello back to you, Bellepepper. Howdy to the rest of you newcomers. Maybe we'll run into each other in 'other places' as we learn to navigate this very large and awesome site. apparently there's many many true farmgirls out there. i truly was starting to think that there just weren't that many out there anymore. i'm happy to know there's a plenty! : ) And a very happy birthday to you, Tall Holly

Edited by - Donnaree on Dec 04 2010 5:43:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  1:57:36 PM  Show Profile
Awesome post! I too am half way into my 50's (55 this past April). I'm OK with my age though I wish I was at least as fit as I was in my 30's! But I can get that back if I would only work on it! DH is two years my senior and we are buying our first acreage soon so it's never too late to have your dreams come true!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  06:34:41 AM  Show Profile
I am over fifty and so glad to finally feel grown up. I am enjoying life so very much, being an empty nester isn't bad at all. There are just so many things I want to do. I guess I need to start a list.

~Catherine~

Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

Thinwalker
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Kristina
Juneau WI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  1:04:43 PM  Show Profile
58 and proud of it! I just submitted my order today for the Sisterhood Membership. Can't wait to receive my number so I can order the necklace. My little gift to myself.

"You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." R. Tagore
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2010 :  7:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi there. I just saw this post and yes, I'm 55 and proud of every gray hair and wrinkle. I'm at the age and wisdom of, "Life's too short, Eat dessert first!" LOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Anna Mae
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Anna
Apopka FL
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  09:11:52 AM  Show Profile
My 50th was in October and I can truly say it has been very enlightening. I am a retired business owner (due to brain cancer dx in March 2007) and am taking this time to nurture my creative soul with lots of knitting, crochet, photography, and traveling (Italy in late October where I participated in the olive harvest! Does that make me an Italian farmgirl???).

If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear. -- Pooh's Little Instruction Book
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  1:08:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Anna to the thread and web site. You sound like one smart lady who doesn't let any greass grow under her feet what so ever. Glad to have you on board. Look forward to hearing about your travels to Italy - how wonderful that sounds. You are so blessed.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

ladylace
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Donna
Duluth Georgia
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  06:21:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone, I am double nickels. Yup 55. And I am loving it. Each age grouping has been an amazing journey. And the 50's are proving to be the best yet. I am new to the forum. I have vowed to learn to knit in January. This is going to be a hoot. But I post it to keep myself honest. I love reading all your post. It is so nice to be around like minded people.
donna
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  08:03:05 AM  Show Profile
Welcome all newbies!!! Jump right in, get involved and you will find some great new friendships and lots of info and fun!!! I am goin into the later 50's!! Donna, I love to knit, but still do very easy, basic patterns. My 50s have brought huge life changes. Some good/not good. But I am learning day by day. I too, am so thankful to be on a forum of like minded people!! It is a joy and blessing. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  05:03:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm 50...and a half. Well, actually, I'm closer to 51 than 50. So far so good. Things don't bother me as much as they used to. I'm too busy having hot flashes! :-/

----------------------------------------------------------

www.goodnaturedearthling.com
Cedar Mountain Herb School
http://goodnaturedearthling.wordpress.com/
Become a fan! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Natured-Earthling/85786527923

Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  05:06:25 AM  Show Profile
PS....my friend who is 53 told me yesterday that when she turned 52, she kept telling people that she was finally playing with a full deck! ha ha ha!

----------------------------------------------------------

www.goodnaturedearthling.com
Cedar Mountain Herb School
http://goodnaturedearthling.wordpress.com/
Become a fan! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Natured-Earthling/85786527923

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  10:00:16 AM  Show Profile
Suzanne, you are a hoot!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  5:03:26 PM  Show Profile
~~~!!!53!!!~~~ what an awesome age!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~~**Terri**~~~

http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Life is too short, is just a vapor, Live it like you wont have another minute....because you may not!!!
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  5:54:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm 63, but my knees are 75.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  07:34:46 AM  Show Profile
ROFL...Melina, you are too funny Girl! Mine are too, this week. Lots of running up and down stairs. *here....shares bottle of liniment*.....feel better Sista!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  8:04:06 PM  Show Profile
54 last September. Time just continues to fly by. I really like the Farmgirl chapter I'm in because as we learn from and share with one another (all age groups) the number doesn't seem to matter. This thread has been fun to read - everyone seems to really be enjoying life after 50! We Rock!

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Today well lived makes every yesterday a memory of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  8:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll! Yep I'm in my 50's, and life is sooooo good. Yep, I've got those aches and pains too but up and at um each day just like ya'll are. They tell me that 50 is the new 30 and I'll take that, hay, who am I to argue! I like the words from one of our sisters who posted: Each morning when her feet hit the floor the devil shivers and says "Oh _ _ _ _ Shes up!!" Live it up girls there is plenty of time to sleep later!!! Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page