herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  2:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, WOW! Lots of pretty flowers! I wanted to reach out and pet the filly! So pretty!
I'm vegged-out today, doing nothing. Mom and I took her cat and got him shaved yesterday, so we ate out while he was getting purtied up.He looks so small w/o all that fur. Then we went to look at furniture for her L-room. She wants a recliner but can't believe the prices. Patsy, we sat in that rocker/recliner/loveseat that you and I sat in(laid back in) last time you were up.So soft, and laid back like a bed. She said if she had that you and Jim could sleep in it when you visit. LOL Then she saw the price tag!!!Acckkk!!ROFL
It's getting cloudy, I need to go pick tomatoes. The newspaper said yesterday that we were going to have an early fall. I've been saying that all along.
Deb, I eat at Tim's all the time. Can't belive your hubby was so close and I missed going to say "Howdy!"
Well, gotta go...I hear the garden calling...."Juuudeeeee"....hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  6:25:46 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, that is a broken off piece that a neighbor gave me. That's how you get starts off them and other cactus. When it grows a bit more and you still want a piece I think it could be mailed. I've brought cuttings of Christmas cactus home on the plane with me before from NC to CA. Brought in seeds from the hollyhocks today so will be getting them ready to mail out. Wow! would love to see everyones gardens. It's so dry here and I love all the green back east.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  5:51:10 PM  Show Profile
Peggy that California lilac is so beautiful. I wish I had that in my garden! I have used nasturtiums in my salads but it was a long while back when I was growing them. I like them and they really added color. Haven't ever tried roses but I like rose ice cream.

Betty,the blooms on your cacti are so lovely. It is amazing how such a prickly plant can produce such pretty flowers. My mom lived near Palm Spring and had lots of cacti. The desert can be quite beautiful.

Welcome Nan. Glad you are with us.

That sweet potato looks like a baby pig all curled up asleep. Oink! Oink! :)) The only weird plant I ever had was a carrot that looked like an octopus.
I like that sassafrass tea. I have sassafrass growing in my garden and my husband uses the leaves to make tea. It sure tastes good on these hot days.

My husband is doing the cooking today outside on the grill. He is a really good cook when he wants to do the cooking. I get to make the salad. When he does the cooking on the grill he also cooks the veggies and potatoes. So nice not to have to deal with much cleanup.

I also would love to see all the gardens.

Hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  10:56:35 AM  Show Profile
I have a hairless rat(named HairWee...hubby's hilarious idea)and that sweet potato looks like her curled up asleep! lol
Very nice and cool today...77,breezy,sunny.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  1:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Judy...you are so stinken funny! When my 20 year old grand-daughter was 4yrs old...my husband and her daddy took her to
the Portland Zoo. I had to work that day..but when I came home...I asked her what her favorite animal was that she saw.
Now I am expecting this kid to say the Elephants, or the lions or the monkeys or something like that....but No she said,
"Grandma, my favorite animal was the Hairless Mole Rat!" eeeeuuuuuh! I didn't even know there was such a thing. And she
kept begging me to let her buy one to take home. Now, Miss Judy darlen, I love you but...I hate rats, mice or any varmit
that resembles them. I'm thinken my grand-daughter should have had YOU for her grandma...she would have been in 7th Heaven. LOL

Still Laughing,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 23 2011 01:34:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  8:01:50 PM  Show Profile
ROFLROFLROFL........Peg Darlin'...I'm flattered....ROFLROFLROFL c'mon over....I'll let ya pet her fuzz-less 'lil head....c'mon...ya know ya wanna!!! lololol She'll even lick yer hand!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 22 2011 8:03:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  9:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Nan.

Debra, loved your cactus flower. I have been wanting to start a cactus garden in my backyard. Have one now that produces bright pink flowers. Love hens and chicks.

Will be putting zucchini up tomorrow. Don't know how to can yet and don't have any receipes, so I will be freezing and baking and dehydrating.

Have a great day everyone.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  06:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
When we were guests at MaryJanes Farm in July we had a TEA PARTY for the traveling farmgirls and some local ones as well. They served us the yummiest cupcakes topped with nasturtium flowers. Beautiful! And we ate them . . . a bit of a spicy flavor . . . yummy!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  06:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
And, speaking of "pretties" ????

These peonies from MaryJane's peony field were decorating one of the outhouses at the farm. Megan, her daughter, put this together and we laughed as she was telling us her story.

Thought you might get a grin 'n' giggle from this.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  07:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
All the flowers are so pretty, every flower on our farm has to have some kind of cage around it since our horses run free and like to sample anything that grows...lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  09:14:13 AM  Show Profile
All of my flowers have to have something around them and sometimes over them due to rabbits, ground squirrwls and lizards. Once a plant has become established they'll leave them pretty much alone but anything young and tender has to be protected. This year I had to put bird netting over my tomatoes because a mockingbird decided it craved tomatoes. I even have a bull snake that likes to nap in my top most flower pot on the plant stand on my front porch. I have one that likes to sleep under the water pan that sets on cinderblocks in the chicken pen. Guess it's damp and cool under there. He can't eat the eggs as he's too small for now. The ground squirrels are like chipmunks in size and they love my cactus blossoms darn them.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  10:22:18 AM  Show Profile
CJ...are those peonies sticking out of an old fashioned urinal???? How appropriate! Since it was in the outhouse or bathroom. haha

Betty & Penny... sounds like you have to lock up your flowers for protection. I picture this old time Jail with beautiful flowers sticking out between the bars. :+) "Sorry, fellas and gals...we gotta lock you up for your own protection!", says Deputy Lawless.

Judy...thanks for the personal invite to pet your hairless mole rat...but I just gotta take a pass on that....you understand I am sure. :+)

AJ...dehydrated zuchini chips are yummy.

more later girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 24 2011 01:23:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  11:38:46 AM  Show Profile
Peg I love your blog! Your list of things to do that are fun reminds me of something I bought at the Thrift store that has made me so happy ~ a balanced Baton! It was on a couple of dollars! I wanted one so badly when I was a kid, but all we could afford were the fat ones. This one is thin, weighted and gorgeous! I can only twirl a little bit but I love it! Any other Baton Twirler wannabe's out there?

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  12:36:39 PM  Show Profile
Marsha...how fun is that, a Baton. I always thought that would be fun too. But now, I would probably drop it on my head. LOL
I was just chatten with another Farmgirl on The Porch about coloring in coloring books. She loves to color...just like I do.
Love that! We are all still Little Girls at Heart aren't we?

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  1:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Now that is funny Peggy, my poor flower in jail....lol..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Peggy stephens
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

peggy
luverne alabama
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  1:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Iam over 50, but I am young at heart and can outwork all 5 of my daughters.I love life,enjoy gospel,rock@roll, motown and jazz music.I like to travel and have fun.If any of you come down my way I would like to cook you a good paula Dean lunch or dinner.

love one another
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  3:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
So nice to meet you Peggy S. Glad you are joining us...great group of ladies here...come by anytime.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  4:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ, that's funny...is that a bat-house behind the urinal? hahaha Don't think I wanna draw those lil' buggers in the outhouse with me. lol
Betty, around here we call a chipmunk a groundsquirrel or a grinny(learned that on vacation as a kid,from a forest ranger,while camping)
Sorry that you have to fight off all the little beasties just to have pretties.
Marsha, I was a baton twirler wannabe as a kid. I had a heavy one I found at goodwill...I also had bruises to show for my efforts. lol
We saw hula-hoops the other day at a store and DH asked me if I wanted one.... uh...no....the hips don't move like they once did...and even back then I wasn't coordinated enough to keep it going.
ahhhh ..... memories. Thanks Gals!
Welcome Peggy S. Jump right in. ahhhh, I see you're tempting us with food already......good girl....hahaha...you've found our weak spot!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  4:22:20 PM  Show Profile
I may have to fight to have my flowers but I will have them no matter what. I'm learning what they'll eat and not eat. They don't touch my roses,iris, lantanas, russian sage, rosemary,vinca,hollyhocks, gladiolas so I try different plants so I know what to grow and what not to unless I want to cage them in.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  04:44:16 AM  Show Profile
I always wanted to be a baton twiler but couldn't manage the baton too well. I wasn't very good at the hoola hoop either. I had some perception problems with my eyesight and the funniest was to watch me try to do the run in jump rope. After getting hit my the rope so many times I finally gave up on it.

Those flowers are so beautiful they are worth the effort needed to protect them. Even the animals know a good thing when they see it.
I had a pet rat when my daughter was a teenager. She wanted to get one for an experiment for the science fair. That critter was really smart. He learned his little maze really quickly and soon we let him out and he would come when we called him. He stayed in a certain area, of course, and when we later checked behind this certain chair, he had a little stash of things he had found. There was a button, some string, a bottle cap and a piece of popcorn. He live to be about 5 years old.
Hi Peggy S. Welcome. I would love to try some of your cooking. I haven't had my breakfast yet so I am hungry and food sounds so good right now.
I was at Target yesterday and passed by the dolls. So many new ones. They even have a new one called "Frankie Stein" that seems for the older girls who want dolls from the dark side. Also I was wishing I still had little granddaughters so I could play with some of the newer cute dolls like "Polly Pocket" and her things. Just day dreaming! LOL

Hugs,
Nancy
Farmgirl Siter #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  07:15:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy, who cares, who's watching...life's too short, get a Polly Pocket for Nancy, and play. Is she really tiny...I love tiny dolls. My Sister's kids had the little's family and their things. I thought they were sooooooo cute. I may just have to check out Polly or some other miniatures.
A rat that lived 5 years...how wonderful. I've only had them live 3 1/2 max!! What did you feed him? LOL I've had pet rats ever since high school. I was the lab tech who fed and cleaned the cages of all the animals. Now I'm 56 and they're still my favorite Pocket-Pet!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  09:11:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi!! I'm new here but I am in this wonderful age group! Even admit it ...I'm 58 but I don't really believe it I don't feel it. I've been reading all of your posts and trying to get to know all of you through them. I am "still" waiting for our zuchinni. This year they are really slow growing..I know I will have tons once they start though. Anyway- hello to you farmgirls from me!

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  09:25:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello Becky! and welcome to the chronologically gifted group! I was new not that long ago and it only took a couple of posts and I felt like I had a whole new bunch of BFFs. You will love it here.

I'm off to add another foot to my chiropractor's yacht this a.m. - then hauling a grandson back to Berkeley for his last semester. After that I have to iron some of hubby's shirts. We just got back from a long weekend at his mom's -- so, hopefully -- after I bail out -- I will be back tomorrow.

It's a beautiful morning here, sisters -- the hummingbirds are having a mid-morning snack -- and I'm off.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  11:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Have to say hello to the other gals who joined in recently. Will do a proper "hey" later. right now I am sitting in my chiropractor's office. finally figured out how to connect the laptop to her network. my appointment time: 10 a.m. It is now 11:45 and I'm out of the waiting area and in a little room. so, i've been reading what everyone has been chatting about while I was gone. wow! all those flowers are gorgeous! and the pony - how precious is that!

Nancy, you have been an inspiration. While in Huntington Beach I went to Piecemakers (quilt & craft & stuff) and got all the gear to start making dolls. Got two books ... Kona cotton ... tools, etc. I can tell it will be a learning curve - but I'm going to give it a go. I love dolls ... may have mentioned I have over 40 (no special maker, no special theme .... just the dolls that "spoke" to me. Are we little girls at heart or what? I also love paperdolls -- and coloring books. Never could do the baton twirling though. Tried a bit of tapdancing, ballet and acrobat when I was a preteen (long-long ago) ... also tried drums, violin and a few other things that don't come to mind (probably better that way.)
Peg, I am headed for your blog just as soon as things get on a more even keel around the homefront. That should be pretty soon. You always make me think that I've got to get to know more of you. You are such an upper.
Ladies, I am going to submit this now before I blink and lose everything I just said. Will be back asap.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  12:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy, I found a couple of Strawberry Shortcake dolls at the flea markets, I love them. Have them sitting in my China Cabinet nice and proud.

My favorite pocket pet is a guinea pig; have had several over the years, but not lately--too many doggies right now. They are so smart. They remind you when they are out of water by squeaking when the hear the water being turned on at the sink. At least mine did. He also squeaked when the frig was opened. Poor guy might not have survived if he didn't!

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page