herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  2:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, that quilt, all I can say is WOW!!! I've never seen one like it!
CJ, my Sil, friend fell off her horse this spring and now has black-outs all the time....even while sitting in a chair at the table...she just goes blank. So sad. Keeping your Sis in my prayer, dear girl!
Betty, Happy Late Anniversary! The Love & Happy Wishes are still the same.
Peg, thanks for sharing all the Green-Pics. Everything here is at it's fullest and some flowers are strting to weaken. It feels so much like Fall today...the color of the sun, the cool breeze...surely Fall isn't just around the corner. Not already!77 today!
Deb & Nancy, yes I tried a new recipe for freezer-salsa. But...uhh...I decided it's more of a chunky tomato sauce/speg sauce, swiss steaky type of sauce. hahaha It just wouldn't cook down. I even squeezed all the seeds out with my hands so there wouldn't be all that (snot), I call it! haha It said bring to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes. Riiiiight...3 hours later it's still waaaaay too thin for salsa. hahaha Oh well, it's usable. It has an amazing taste. Of course I added x-tra herbs. I just can't stick to a recipe to save my soul! hahaha (Gr-Granny use to say that)I have a zucc/tomato relish recipe that I like way better, but I don't have the zucc this year.Beetles got it last year so I said no more. So this year, we have skunks and raccoons eating tomatoes. Can't win! What's your salsa recipe, Nancy?
Eileen, here's an idea, just rub chocolate on your pelvis...who know....you might just stumble onto a new surgical wonder. haha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 11 2011 2:26:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  2:33:32 PM  Show Profile
CJ - You and your family are in my prayers. Being a caregiver takes a special person with a loving spirit (and the ability to meet the needs of another.) God bless you and keep you strong.

Betty - I wasn't online after you told us it was your 19th wedding anniversary last night. I hope it was filled with all the things that make you and your hubby happiest. You enjoy those grandkids. I just talked to my youngest great-granddaughter and she isn't old enough to talk yet. She does give kisses over the phone though ... and I'm trying to teach her to say "okay." She started walking at the Amador County State Fair on July 29th - I may have told you - and is now going strong - and fast. (She lives 2-1/2 hours away - boohoo)

Peggy Ann - I am so proud to know you! I wish I could make your life easier and pain free. I admit that your handle (pegsmiles) and your tag lines had me believing you were carefree and "dancing." The Lord does carry us when we need to be carried, and laughs at those of us with "attitude." Girlfriend, He is both carrying you and laughing at (with) you. You are wonderful and we all love you. (And your flowers!) If you figure out how to lose 35 pounds without giving up chocolate or Starbucks ... we ALL want to hear the secret. I am probably 40 pounds over my "ideal" weight and it's all around the middle - well, except for that 10 pounds trailing behind me.

Say - a huge thank you to you gals for admiring my quilt! You've all made my day. It looks narrower in the photo than it really is. That's a queen sized bed it's on (our bed in Oakhurst) and it hangs a foot over each side. It would fit on a king sized bed. That said ... since then I have only been doing cuddle quilts ... mostly giving them as gifts - but hubby's bear quilt promises to be a bit bigger than those.

Hi Eileen - size 8! 40 years ago I was a size 6 and sailed past size 8 so fast I never even saw it. I love Chico's for clothes I have to buy - their sizes ... 0-4 are so delightful. I think I'm a 1.5 or 2 now. Depends on the item, I guess.

Hey Nancy and Patsy - any relief from the heat yet?

oxox - Sister #3284 - Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  2:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Judy - Hi again ... you posted while I was writing so I just picked up your message. Love your description of your - salsa? Can't stick to a recipe, huh? Guess I'm not the only one who has to jigger the pot. Sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't. Last night I made chicken pot pie and thought ... sauce is always too thin .... so I made it thicker. Turns out that musta been some OTHER dish - cause there was like no sauce at all it all soaked into the veggies and made it more like a chicken shepherds pie. Unfortunately, I have plenty of leftovers that I can't just toss. I'll have to think of something to wet it down.

Glad to hear things are cooling down for you. I lived half my life in Minnesota and have not forgotten the muggy, hot weather - not even being able to get dried off with a couple of towels. I always loved fall and walking on the fallen, crunchy leaves.

oxox - Sister #3284 - Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  05:33:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning
Going on my daily walk with my dog,Snuggles, in the forest nearby this morning. We walk about 2 miles. She loves chasing the lizards which she can never catch. I try to go early before it really get too hot. Today is going to be another really hot one. So the weather man says.

Peggy Ann, I can really empathize with you about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I still have it after many years. When I first got it the doctors were telling women that it was all in our heads. It was only after years that it was finally recognized as a real illness. I also had some elevated liver enzymes so in 1991 it was discovered I had Hepatitis C. It took 12 years and 3 sessions of Interferon shots to be cured. I still have to take a rest everyday. The one thing the Chronic Fatigue does besides make me tired is affect my vocabulary. I sometimes can think of the word I want to use when I am talking or writing. Such a pain!! I thank God everyday that I am cured of the Hepatitis C and have no liver damage from it. Hang in there Peggy Ann. Those grandbabies will give you joy and laughter and fun. You are a very specal lady and much cared about.

My big addition is ice cream. Yummy! I could eat it all day. I am only about 10 lbs. overweight right now and holding. Have stuggles with weight all my life. Up and down. Up and down. That's me. I like cookies, too. Does anyone have a favorite cookie? Mine are oatmeal and choc. chip. Especially the ones I make myself. When they come out of the oven the smell is so tempting. My husband and daughter like the raw dough.

Darlys, I love Chicos clothes. They are so comfortable and look so nice. I love the fabrics and get so many compliments when I wear their things.

Judy, you have the funniest ideas...rubbing chocolate on the pelvis. LOL The salsa I usually make is for tortilla chips. I will send it to you.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs

Nancy
sister #2301
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  08:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Darlys: what a beautiful quilt! I can appreciate all that work.
We stayed cool enough for me to clean house yesterday before we finally had to turn the a/c on. humidity had been low, but soared in the afternoon. still enjoying cool mornings and late evenings after the sun goes down.

Happy 19th anniversary Betty. hope it was a good one. DH and I had 40 this May. Where DOES time go?

Peggy: gotta love raised beds. between the sun and moles, mine is struggling. thanks for sharing pics of your jungle. :)
LOVE that saying by Winston Churchill, so true. May God help you deal with today. I didn't know you had to deal with constant pain.

CJ: May God be with you and yours as you go through this.Some time back, I helped 2 elderly neighbor women. The niece was taking care of her aunt and both barely able to get around. It was physically and mentally draining, but God helped me help them and I was blessed.

Eileen: grand kids keep us young trying to keep up with them, don't they?

Judy: drain it and crush the mess with a potato masher, might thicken. or give it a whirl in the vita mix.
We must be thinking the same, cause we have dry, crunchy leaves falling from the trees and littering the ground, so fall IS just around the corner. We think it's been the really dry weather doing this, but just the same..
Guess what sis? I picked elderberries! (what the birds didn't get)waiting for a day or 2 to make sure I get the last few off the bushes, then jelly time. ;)

Nancy: Glazed Fresh Apple Cookies are my favorite. they have walnuts and cinnamon in them and while warm you drizzle maple flavored icing over them. I agree with your daughter and hubby. raw choco chip dough is yummy!
Oh and please send me the salsa recipe too. thanks :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  11:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Well, I just wrote a bit and when I went to submit it - the connection failed and my note went "poof!" That will teach me to be brief - maybe.

Here is my experience with being tired all the time. We all know we have to hydrate ... but that wasn't really helping. I went to the doctor about another issue and mentioned being tired. She went through the usual stuff and then decided to have my D level tested. Turned out that although I should be getting plenty with diet and supplements, my Vitimin D level was almost non-existent. (Turns out this is true of a lot of women but it doesn't get a lot of press.) She put me on an additional supplement of 50,000! mg once a week for three months. I did notice I had energy and wasn't so tired all the time after a couple of weeks. Then three months after the 50,000 mg regime stopped I had another blood test and my level was almost up to the bottom of the normal range.

Favorite cookie - oatmeal with rum soaked raisins. But hubby likes chocolate chip/pecan (My sister sends fresh pecans to us from Georgia). But at church, my lemon bars are legendary. (Fresh Meyer lemons from my little lemon tree.)

Nancy - I still hope to see photos of the dolls you make sometime. And I want to thank all of you again and again and again for the praise you heaped on my French Braid quilt. If I could, I would make one for each of you. But, for now, I send my love -

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  12:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I have decided that they should give me a prize for the biggest and most lush Jungle in the smallest space. My Heirloom
tomatoe plants are atleast 7 to 8 ft tall. My friend calls them my Tomatoe Trees. lol Speaking of gardens have any of you girls
grown the new Zuchinni Balls this year? I did not even know they had such a critter but I evidently bought the plants by mistake,
thinking they were regular zukes. I am totally against genetically modified foods and was kind of upset when they started growing.
They grow to the size of a small pumpkin. They taste pretty much the same but with less pulp and seeds in the middle. Just weird!
It looks like one should hollow it out, fill it with Pinacolada and stick a little umbrella in it! lol ~ Looks nothing like Fall
around here...we are still waiting for Summer! ~ OK, Judy somehow I missed the post about rubbing chocolate on the pelvis. What?
You are crazy girl!! But it's chocolate...so it must be good, whatever you were talking about. I know I should just rub Chocolate
straight on to my hips and thighs cuz that's where it's going to end up anyway. LOL

Eileen...sorry to hear that you suffer from Fibro//Chronic Fatigue too. No fun! But we can't let it rule our lives...even though it
tries.

Darlys...I carry all my weight the same as you, which is not good when you are only 5ft 1 to start with. lol Even though I live in pain
24/7 I am still able to keep my sense of humor and laugh (at myself most of the time) and yes, even dance! I still plan to live life to
the fullest...even if it has been modified a bit (ok, a lot) these last 6 yrs. Actually it turned my life completely upside down and shattered me for about two years. Nothing was the same for me anymore...and I sunk into a deep depression that only God was able to pull me up and out of. But then came the laughing and dancing and living again! God has shown me how to Live Life in my New Reality and to accept the fact "That It Is What It Is".

Nancy...do you have Fibromyalgia too? The reason I asked is what you described with your sluggish thinking and not being able to grasp the
right word when you want it ...they call (with fribro patients) "Fibro Fog"...your brain gets muddled and fuzzy and you feel like it is in a constant fog that you can't pull out of. Everything seems just out of your reach. I find it very frustrating as I am sure you do too...and some days are worse than others. ~ You are very blessed that the Interferon shots worked for you. They don't always work for people with Hep C. ~ You are so right about the Grandkids. They are my hearts delight and give me a reason to push forward and try to do all I can do to stay active. Like you, I do have to sleep during the day. As if chronid fatigue gave us a choice huh? lol Do you find that sometimes you have to push through the tiredness but then you pay for it for a couple days afterwards?

Patsy...those glazed fresh apple cookies sounded good (I have never had them before though)...do you have a recipe you could share?

OK, my very favorite cookie is Macaroons dipped or drizzled with Chocolate and the very close runner up...is home-made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip (and yes...I too love the raw dough) YUMMY! But I so love the fresh out of the oven...while the chocolate is warm and gooey ones the best.

I also walked with my dogs in the coolness of the morning this morning. It was lovely...despite the pain. I have a long walk I go with
them on and a short walk and I try to alter it every other day. Today was the short one but felt like the long one.haha Well, girls my body
is going in to fatigue mode (sleepy as I sit here) so I better go recharge my batteries.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 12 2011 12:38:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  04:59:12 AM  Show Profile
Happy, Happy, we finally go some good rain yesterday afternoon. There was a nice thunderstorm with lightening here which cooled things down a bit. My husband and I were shopping when it started. Such happiness in the store. It seems everyone was delighted to see us finally get a really good storm here.

Oh, all those yummy cookies sound so good. I can't even keep cookies around the house. They even call me from inside the cupboard. Speaking of the raw dough, once my daughter, age 19, was going to make some choc/chip cookies for her father. I was teaching school and when I came home I saw a small plate with about 6 cookies on it. I asked her where the cookies for her dad were. She tells me that while she was about to bake them the phone rang and while she was talking on the phone she was snacking on the raw dough. When she hung up she only had enough dough for 6 cookies!

Peggy Ann, I never heard of zuchinni balls but they sound so interesting. I would like to grow them some. I am going to look for them and see if I can.

Yes, I do have Fibro Fog. Sometimes I cango for 2 or maybe 3 days with no rest but then I just get so tired I just can't go on. The brain fogginess is the worst for me especially as I get older. I refuse to let it get me down. Life is too short to let these things take over.

You are so right about Vitamin D, Darlys. So many people are lacking in it. When I read about it and the importance of it in our diet I started taking it. I can't believe you had to take that much to get up to the normal level. Wow, girl, no wonder you were tired. I am glad things worked out for you and that you are better now.

Salsa: 1 cup finely chopped, peeled tomatoes: 1/2 cup chopped chili peppers: 1/4 cup chopped onions: 3 T lemon juice: 2 T lime juice: bunch chopped cilantro:
Blend all ingredients in blender until blended to desired smoothness. Serve with tortilla chips, over veggies or I use it sometimes with salmon. If you want it hotter you can add some hot sauce. Also I sometimes add mashed avacado for a different taste when using it with chips.

I got this recipe from a Mexican woman I met when I lived in California.

I'm going to a flea market today to see what I can find.

Hugs,
Nancy

Farmgirl sister #2301

Live everday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  05:09:26 AM  Show Profile
[
IMG]http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/Copy of P1000038.JPG[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  10:08:38 AM  Show Profile

Here is what a Zuchinni Ball looks like. Strange huh? Well, I hope next year I don't find square tomatoes in
my garden. LOL what will they come up with next? I don't think I want to know. I like my food to look NORMAL!

Darlys...Up hear in the Northwest they really push the Vitamin D because everyone...men and women are low on it
because we don't get enough Sunshine during the Year. Mine, once it was checked was only at 3% and it was suppose
to be at 50...so I had to take 50,000 iud's of it twice a day for a month, then once a day, then a couple times a
week etc. Like you it just brought it up to low normal range. My Dr. was just sure it was going to bring my energy
level up and make my muscles feel better...but I noticed absolutely no difference. I now take D3 with my Calcium
twice a day. That is weird that living in California you would be so low. But I am glad they discovered it.

Nancy...that was funny about the Cookie dough and just having enough to make 6 cookies.
Do you gals like Mango Salsa? I use to make my own and then I found that our grocery stores up
here were carrying it and it was exactly like what I made...so, now I just purchase it. It is called
Chachies Mango Peach Salsa and it is so yummy. I use it on chips, baked potatoes, fish, and chicken.
It is gluten free and a medium spiciness.

The dogs and I just got back from our long walk and I have gotten the bed made and dishes done and it is
only 10:00 am...so, I am on a roll! haha

Chat with you all later...
peg

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 13 2011 3:20:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  12:33:43 PM  Show Profile

Hello, my friends ... what a glorious morning! We are in Oakhurst this weekend and I am sitting out on the "veranda" (lanai?)I haven't quite figured out what to call it yet. It's a screened in porch that is main level (from the front) but 2nd story in the back ... does that make sense? Anyway I'm practically in the treetops and the birds are talking to each other. I have my coffee and my computer (which has been acting up lately so I'm typing this into a document first). Hubby is out pulling weeds. The sky is robin's egg blue with marshmallow clouds drifting around. the temp is in the low 80s right now - headed for 90 - but I don't mind. My BFF and her hubby live about a mile away so we will get together with them later.

Nancy, I darn near cheered myself when I read that you had rain (a storm - yeehoo!). I hope it cooled you down significantly and for the long haul. I read your recipe for salsa. Sounds good. I think I'll try it when I get back to Cupertino. I probably won't get to the store to buy the needed stuff this weekend. My daughter-in-law is Mexican (but born in San Mateo, CA) and can she cook! Plus, she is talented in crafts, sewing, and ceramics - and she's also a honey - sweet as can be. I don't know what my dear son did to deserve her. (That's what I tell him.)

And I loved your little vignette about your daughter and 6 cookies.

Yeah, that Vitamin D thing is odd. Apparently, though I get enough, my system has trouble absorbing it ... even though I take calcium and all the rest. I go again in September and we'll find out if the level is holding, increasing or decreasing. I can't even imagine what you gals with fybromyalia and other challenges go through though. You are all in my prayers.

Say, Peg, I am impressed with the size of those zuchinni balls. You could slice a chunk off the bottom and the top and make footstools! Not sure it is something I want to experiment with just now. Years ago I planted zuchinni (in a different lifetime) and they grew like crazy -- some knocked on the bedroom windows in the middle of the night demanding to be let in. Brazen, huh? Anyway, zuchinni quiche, zuchinni bread, zuchinni spaghetti, breaded zuchinni, zuchinni-you name it. Eventually, after gifting much of it (leave it on the neighbor's porch and RUN) ... it became a manageable crop. But as I said, that was 30+ years ago. I still use zuchinni but not as much. Oh, I just put the peach salsa on my grocery list. Hope I can find it here.

I'm looking forward to gardening (veggies) once we've made the final move to Oakhurst. I will be looking for suggestions then on how to grow the good stuff in this climate. It shouldn't be too tough - except for gophers and other critters.

Okay ladies -- I'm back on board. I walked almost daily for about 2 miles prior to my dental implant surgery and toothy work. Then I got lazy. But you are inspiring me. Now if I had a dog to walk .... okay, no excuses. I hereby pledge to put a mile or more on my walking meter at least 4 (or more) times a week and upping it eventually.

I have no pets ... I'd love to have a dog or cat - but hubby says we travel too much and it wouldn't be fair to the animals. Okay, he's right - but it doesn't quell the wishing. At least, up here, there are the quail, the bunnies, the deer and other critters - and the neighbor's cats visit regularly. Our next door neighbors here have 4 cats - Miss Kitty, Marshall Dillon, Willie and Waylan. One of that quad left us the gift of a dead tree squirrel on our porch some weeks back. Yuk! (I know it was truly a gift.) Thank goodness it was 4th of July weekend and we had a houseful of family. Emma, our 10 year old great-granddaughter, scooped it into a pail, took it away and buried it. We then had a proper funeral service and stuck a little flag on it's grave. My son cleaned up the mess on the front porch. I didn't have to deal with any of it. Only officiate at the funeral service graveside. But I did visit the kittys and suggested they keep their presents for those who actually feed them. So far, so good.

Time to take the coffee mug in and get a few things done.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  3:31:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Darlys...I loved this last post of yours. I felt like I was sitting on the screened in Porch with you! Do you have a
Vacation Home in Oakhurst?? And are you planning to eventually retire there? (Is that what I was understanding?)

Oh, goodness girl you need a dog. If it is small enough there is no reason why it can't travel with you. I don't know
about California but up here in WA & OR...it is very Pet Friendly. ~ We have two dogs so when we go...we usually Kennel
them at our Vet's. They probably get left there 3 or 4 times a year (from anywhere from 3 days to a week).
They may not love it...but they never seem traumatized by the situation either. They are such great companion's. In fact
my Dr. recommended it for me with my Fibro...because it keeps me getting up and out of bed to take them out even when
I don't feel like it. So, I do credit them for keeping me on the move despite my pain.

I am allergic to cats...but have never been a cat person anyway. Have always loved dogs.

Well thanks for sharing your morning with us...it was delightful!

blessings,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  9:31:51 PM  Show Profile
.....Peg.....giggle....I was telling Eileen to just rub chocolate on her pelvis, because she said that after her pelvic surgery, she had put on some weight, so I suggested that it might help to just rub that wonderful stuff directly onto the trouble spot!!! Yes? No? *giggle*
Thanks Nancy, for the salsa recipe. Gonna try it! Sounds good! ...so, what goodies did you find at the Flea-Market, besides fleas? ~teehee~
Favorite cookie...are you kidding...I am A Cookie Monster! So...ALL of them!!!lol I can pass up pie, cake, candy....but put out a tray of cookies and I just "Graze the Platter!" lol Who said they had a recipe for a lemon bar cookie? I'd love to have that! I had a lemon bar recipe that I tried and I thought it was F-l-a-t! My Ma liked it, but I just thought it was tasteless. I mean, if I'm baking a fruity, tart cookie, I want it to taste fruity & tart! Am I asking too much? I think not! hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  10:28:31 PM  Show Profile
Just got back from my visit to my daughters to help them move. I'll be sore tomorrow. I wanted to show off my grandson but wanted you to see the house my daughter and her husband bought, also. It's so big I shudder when I think of her having to keep it clean and she works full time. I had a wonderful time with both grandsons but didn't get a picture of the 12 year old birthday boy. It was a good trip home. Now I'm going to soak. Just read all the chatter and you gals have been busy. A message on my phne when I got home said my quilt is ready to pick up so will have to wait until Monday and then will need to bind it and put on a label. Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac183/baustin_album/?action=view¤t=100_1892.jpg
http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac183/baustin_album/?action=view¤t=100_1895.jpg
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  12:19:57 AM  Show Profile
Betty...beautiful Home and darling youngest grandson! Glad you got home safely and hope your bath helped those sore muscles.

Judy...I figured it must have been something like that. Wouldn't you just love to swim in chocolate somedays? It helps what
ailes you on the inside...how about the outside. Instead of Mud Wrestling...we could have Chocolate Wrestling...or better
yet...a Chocolate Spa Day. Chocolate Facials, chocolate massages, chocolate lunch...oh, that sounds heavenly!

OK, I am taking my chocolate fantasies to bed and dreaming about being dipped in chocolate! LOL

Hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  06:12:07 AM  Show Profile
Love that zuchinni ball. So big and round. Really nice, Peggy. I love mango salsa. I bought some once and it went so fast. I remember putting it on everything it was so tasty. I think I was even eating it out of the jar. mmmm! I am going to buy some again. I bought it at Trader Joes which I think may be a store that is only on the west coast. Haven't heard of it here in Florida.

Darlys, when I came to Florida from California and moved into my house I went out back onto and told the real estate person what a nice patio we had. He said, "Patio? You mean 'lanai?'"
So I learned that here in Florida they are called lanai and not patios. Well, they are still patios to me. I wonder if a veranda would be called a lanai here.

Another big rain last evening after dark and woke up to a nice cooler morning. Still feel the humidity so more rain possible today and going into coming week. Good news.

We will be going up to Fairhaven, MA to see DH parents in early Sept for a few days. They are in their 90's and his mother has Alzheimer's. His father is still active but with some heart problems. Both are living at home. My husband's sister, a nurse, lives nearby and visits them daily. I always have a nice time there visiting New Bedford the old whaling town which is next to Fairhaven. A lot of history there. That is where Herman Melville wrote the book Moby Dick.

Today I will again attempt to upload a photo of doll. Also, will be working on finishing some art projects that are sitting and staring at me.

Have a lovely day and will talk with you on Monday.

Hugs,

Nancy
Farmgirl #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  10:47:44 AM  Show Profile
WOW! That is a BIG house Betty. Better her than us, huh? We have a 1920 2 story, that's enough for me!Hope you're feeling better now that you've had a good soaking and a little rest. It's always good to "Come Home!" Yes? Bet the aviary-kids were happy to see you too!
Peg, when we had TV, I use to watch Travel Channel a lot, especially Samantha Brown. I loved the Hershey, Pa. tour. She had the full spa treatment with chocolate. Can you imagine that? She also took all the tours, got free chocolate, even went to the Hershey store and got LOTS MORE chocolate to take home.
Happy crafting Nancy!
We got rain during the night and got up to 70* temp this morning. It's 80 now at 2PM. Still not very humid though. Yeaaaa!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  4:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farme Gals,
It has been a few days that I have been on and I see that I have missed alot.
Y'all have been busy. Sat back in the chair, relaxed and read what all have been doing. Thought I had better join in or I will be left out or lost (which is easy for me to do "Get Lost")
Topics.
Fibro myalga- I know of this for a few of my friends have this. Some days are good for them and others they struggle through.Some of the newer meds seem to help.
Favorite cookies- My mom bakes this cake like cookie that is lemon flavored. She puts a little icing on it. When we were little I used to think these cookies were like clouds they were so light. She still makes them on specail occasion but they don't last long here. In fact any sweets don't last long in this household. Hubby and I will eat them breakfast, lunch, dinner...GONE! Love sweets!
Weather- We have had rain here in Ga late Fri eve. About 1/2 inch! Yippeee! The last couple of days the humidity is down and the temps are a tad cooler. (Yippeee again.) I walked my ole dog tonight and he had a little more bounce in his step and could go a little farther cause the humidity was down. (he is a 15 year old Aussie, Buddy)LOVE that dog
The Chocolate remedy for the hips- I think someone should market chocolate rub for the hips. It might smell a little better than the minty "Ben Gay"
Y'all have a good restful night.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  5:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Yes, better her than me when it comes to the size of the house. My 1500 sq. ft. is big enough for me to keep clean. It is lovely though and they have a growing family. I even have a room to sleep in now when I visit so my grandson doesn't have to give up his bed for the night. He doesn't mind though. The rooms are so big I doubt if you'd see anything out of place. Her walk in closet is as big as my bedroom. I prefer the 1920 styles over the new anyday since I'm into antiques. I'm rested up and not sore at all so I'm doing just fine. I just finished making reservations for our trip to NC for my granddaughters wedding in Oct. and also made a reservation for the hotel we always stay at the night before we fly out. We fly out of Las Vegas which is the same distance from us as Los Angeles and several hundred dollars cheaper. The drive is much better also as I40 isn't as congested as the Los Angeles freeways.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  6:56:26 PM  Show Profile
Since it rained softly all afternoon(nothing beats a leasurly rain on a Sunday afternoon)I watched a couple episodes of a Netflix series, "Emily of New Moon." I love lounging on a rainy day! It is 10PM now and 64 degrees. Good sleeping tonight, I hope!
Sleep well my Sisters!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  7:25:56 PM  Show Profile
It got up to 103 today and at almost 7:30 it is still 94 but it's windy. I just finished supper and I've already taken care of my chickens. I got 4 eggs today and I picked three tomatoes from the garden and they sure tasted good. I'll have some more squash in a few days. The garden is about done though. There are still onions and butternut squash and a few tomatoes. Good night all. Wish we had rain here but no hopes until maybe October.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  04:45:36 AM  Show Profile
Sorry it is so hot there, Betty. We finally had a really good storm yesterday with big thunder and lightening. Lasted a good hour or so. It is much cooler today and the walk with the dog will be so much nicer. Didn't do much yesterday. I talked on the phone with my youngest granddaughter. She is going up to San Francisco today to go to college and study criminal justice. She wants to go into forensics with the police department. Her father is a police officer. She has studied art since the age of 5 and wanted to be an artist until she turned 16. Then she started getting interested in forensics after taking a class and going on some ride-alongs with her dad. She sounded so excited to be starting college.

I will try to post my doll photos again today.

Have a good day. I am going to eat my breakfast now. Have cookies and sweets on my brain!!

Hugs,
Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  05:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi girls,
I wish I had more time to "visit" . . . life is just soooooooooooooooo busy!!! FINALLY got the yard mowed yesterday and we're not talking a neat little lawn so it takes a while. Have to borrow the neighbors mower because ours is dying . . . we wear out lawnmowers around here.
Cutting out more aprons to sew for Farmers Market this Saturday. I sell them there every Saturday morning . . . and I have been blessed with this little "FARM FRESH APRONS" enterprise.

Today I'm on "hospital duty" (tomorrow too). I work with my sister on Mondays and Tuesdays and since she is still in the hospital I'll be there. Yes, we still work because she can't be left alone and is too much for hospital staff when they have other patients as well. In my three years as one of her caregivers I have had "hospital duty" SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO often! She has been admitted numerous times . . . and the staff all know me! There are some good things about her being there but there are some difficult things as well. I can tell you this . . . it is all getting very wearing on my emotional/mental well-being.

You girls all have a great day and enjoy all there is to enjoy in it!
God bless you all!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  06:54:55 AM  Show Profile
How's This For Nostalgia?

All the girls had ugly gym uniforms

and wore tennis shoes not $200 Nike's?

[]

It took three minutes for the TV to warm up?

[]

Nobody owned a purebred dog?

[]

When a quarter was a decent allowance?

[]

You'd reach into a muddy gutter for a penny?

[]

Your Mom wore nylons that came in two pieces?

[]

You got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped,

without asking,all for free, every time?

And you didn't pay for air? And, you got trading stamps to boot?

[]

Laundry detergent had free glasses,

dishes or towels hidden inside the box?

[]

It was considered a great privilege to be taken

out to dinner at a real restaurant with your parents?

[]

They threatened to keep kids back a grade if they failed. .

and they did it?

[]

When a 57 Chevy was everyone's dream car...

to cruise, peel out, lay rubber or watch submarine races, and people went steady?

[]

No one ever asked where the car keys were because

they were always in the car, in the ignition, and the doors were never locked?

[]

Lying on your back in the grass with your friends

and saying things like, 'That cloud looks like a... '?

[]

Playing baseball with no adults to help kids with the rules of the game?

[]

Stuff from the store came without safety caps and

hermetic seals because no one had yet tried to poison a perfect stranger?

[]

And with all our progress, don't you just wish, just once,

you could slip back in time and savour the slower pace, and share it with the children of today?

[]

When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared

to the fate that awaited the student at home?

[]

Basically, we were in fear for our lives, but it wasn't because of drive-by shootings,

drugs, gangs, etc. Our parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat!

But we survived because their love was greater than the threat?

[]

. .as well as summers filled with bike rides, Hula Hoops,

and visits to the pool, and eating Kool-Aid powder with sugar?

[]

Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say,

'Yeah, I remember that'?

[]

I am sharing this with you today because it ended with a

Double Dog Dare to pass it on. To remember what a Double Dog Dare is,

read on. And remember that the perfect age is somewhere between

old enough to know better and too young to care.

Send this on to someone who can still remember Howdy Doody

and The Peanut Gallery,the Lone Ranger,

The Shadow Knows, Nellie Bell , Roy and Dale,Trigger and Buttermilk.

[]

How Many Of These Do You Remember?

Candy cigarettes

[]

Wax Coke-shaped bottles with

coloured sugar water inside?

[]

Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles?

Coffee shops with Table Side Jukeboxes?

Blackjack, Clove and Teaberry chewing gum?

[][]

Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers?

[]

Newsreels before the movie?

[]

Telephone numbers with a word prefix.

( Yukon 2-601)? Party Lines?

[]

Peashooters?

[]

Hi-Fi's & 45 RPM records?

[]

78 RPM records?

[]

Green Stamps?

[]

Mimeograph paper?

[]

The Fort Apache Play Set?

[]

Do you remember a time when decisions were made by going 'eeny-meeny-miney-moe'?

Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, 'Do Over!'?

'Race issue' meant arguing about who ran the fastest?

[]

Catching The Fireflies Could Happily

Occupy An Entire Evening?

[]

It wasn't odd to have two or three 'Best

Friends'?

[]

Having a Weapon in School meant

being caught with a Slingshot?

[]

Saturday morning cartoons weren't

30-minute commercials for action figures?

[]

'Oly-oly-oxen-free' made perfect sense?

[]

Spinning around, getting dizzy, and falling down was cause for giggles?

[]

The Worst Embarrassment was

being picked last for a team?

[]

War was a card game?

[]

Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle?

[]

Taking drugs meant orange-flavoured chewable aspirin?

[]

Water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

[]

If you can remember most or all of these, Then You Have Lived!!

Pass this on to anyone who may need a break from their 'Grown-Up' Life . .

I Double-Dog-Dare-Ya!

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  07:44:53 AM  Show Profile
Morning girls! I got up to 70 degrees, very breezy and very cloudy.I hear thunder somewhere in the distance. Not complaining though.
Hubby's home today, so who knows what we'll get into.
BIG, BIG hugs CJ!
Bet it feels good to be back into the groove Betty!
Have a great day girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: