thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  7:25:39 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I responded to everyone's post only to lose it all in cyberspace. grrr. Sorry, I don't have it in me to retype it all...just know that each of you are in my thoughts this evening.
No results yet from the bloodwork or the ultrasound. But I will keep you posted. I figure no news is good news.
I have been running the last couple of days for the coffee truck. We will have a fundraiser on Friday and actually open on Monday. I have worked and worked on the cash register... hopefully finish programming it tomorrow!
Jake and his GF will be coming in tomorrow evening and DH will also be coming home. He has been gone a week. It is about time he decides to come back...lol.
Have a good evening!

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  7:46:48 PM  Show Profile
I did have a wonderful lunch with my friend yesterday. It is always good to get together. I have been so busy this summer that I neglected to realize that friends are important in our lives and I need to make time for that once in awhile.
Patty, good luck with the coffee truck. I hope you are very successful with your venture. Wish I lived closer to you.
It is getting late, and I am tired. I was up very early this morning. Hope you all have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  3:56:35 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon from a sunny and beautiful Idaho

Kathy hope the pain in the shoulder lets up soon. And don't worry about the pool boy keep him as long as you need him. LOL

Glenda sounds like a fun class. Be sure to get a pic I would love to see the tile.

Holly how sad for Mrs. Guinea. Do you know what happend?
I will be praying about the two boys. I am sure Ross would love the playmates and before the Holidays would be great.

Jana I am glad you shared with us. I will add you and your family to my prayers. Life is hard, but God gave us each other to ease the burdons.

Nancy I would love to see pics of some of the art quilts. Quilt shows are a lot of fun. Well only if I leave the DH at home. LOL

Penny. I have been to Honduras. There are a lot of beautiful areas in that country.i have not been to Roatan but have heard it is great. I hope your son has a great time. Hey if he gets a job there maybe you could go for a visit and we could all hide in your suitcase. LOL

Marianne they got one fire completly contained but two of them they say will not be contained or put out till snow falls. I never thought I would pray for rain but I sure have been. I hope the lighting doesn't start any new fires for you.

Bunny those are beautiful cards. I love the colors you chose. Are the blank cards or are you going to sayings or verses in them?

Janet I with yo. Friends are important. It has been a long time since I have had lunch with some of mine. Maybe it is time to plan a girls day out.

I had better get moving. It is almost time for parent teacher conferences to start. We had them last night and again tonight. I am here at 7am so not getting out until 8:30 pm makes it a really long day. But we do get a paid day off in October for doing the conferences. So I guess it all evens out.

Love ya all

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon from a sunny and beautiful Idaho

Kathy hope the pain in the shoulder lets up soon. And don't worry about the pool boy keep him as long as you need him. LOL

Glenda sounds like a fun class. Be sure to get a pic I would love to see the tile.

Holly how sad for Mrs. Guinea. Do you know what happend?
I will be praying about the two boys. I am sure Ross would love the playmates and before the Holidays would be great.

Jana I am glad you shared with us. I will add you and your family to my prayers. Life is hard, but God gave us each other to ease the burdons.

Nancy I would love to see pics of some of the art quilts. Quilt shows are a lot of fun. Well only if I leave the DH at home. LOL

Penny. I have been to Honduras. There are a lot of beautiful areas in that country.i have not been to Roatan but have heard it is great. I hope your son has a great time. Hey if he gets a job there maybe you could go for a visit and we could all hide in your suitcase. LOL

Marianne they got one fire completly contained but two of them they say will not be contained or put out till snow falls. I never thought I would pray for rain but I sure have been. I hope the lighting doesn't start any new fires for you.

Bunny those are beautiful cards. I love the colors you chose. Are the blank cards or are you going to sayings or verses in them?

Janet I with yo. Friends are important. It has been a long time since I have had lunch with some of mine. Maybe it is time to plan a girls day out.

I had better get moving. It is almost time for parent teacher conferences to start. We had them last night and again tonight. I am here at 7am so not getting out until 8:30 pm makes it a really long day. But we do get a paid day off in October for doing the conferences. So I guess it all evens out.

Love ya all

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  07:55:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness!! I"m so lost in the fog that I (I can't even bear to think it) but I forgot Daryls's birthday (weep weep cry, tears running down my face and all that)--here's where I'd slap my forehead with my hand and say "doh!!!"

I'm so sorry Daryls, that I forgot your birthday. I hope it was a good one. Jenny and I will be sending off a belated birthday package right away. I'm going to send you a couple of my white marigold seeds, and a couple of other things for you to play with. (I've been growing these marigolds for years and just love them. They grow about a foot tall and of course have the typical marigold scent.)

And, hello to everybody else. I am feeling much better. Those pool boys sure know how to pamper me. I still don't have feeling back in my right hand, but my shoulder is feeling so much better.

I get out in my garden every day. Not much left now but tomatoes. Guess I'll keep picking them till the frost kills them then I'll turn them all into spaghetti sauce & can them all & put them in my pantry along with all the green beans we picked.

My dear hubby finished putting up my new greenhouse. Right now all I have in it are the house plants that spent the summer outside. I have to spray them to kill off the little buggies that have made a home in them so I can bring them .

I see so many of you have been busy with doing so many good things in your lives. Congratulations on what you have all done.

I miss our conversations. I've been so out of it for so long. Where is everybody? It looks like some of our sisters have moved away. I'll be here --even if only checking in between pain pills.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  08:20:20 AM  Show Profile

"Thelma I love your comment on the WalMart. Free?? the prices of most things keep going up and up. We eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits at my house and my grocery bill is getting bigger and bigger. If China stops making things to sell to Walmart, where will Walmart be? hahaha!"

Nancy, please be careful what you say about WalMart. I know how bad it is, but watch the food you buy at any grocery store and see how much of it is imported from China. If they do what they purportedly did with our infant formula, what will they do to the rest of us? I like those little cups of fruit sold at my local grocery store and looking at the lable (Dole) it was prepared in China. Scares me to death. So maybe we won't get clothes from WalMart made in China, but our food.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  3:21:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies ... sorry I have been MIA for a while. Thank you so much for birthday wishes! And, Glenda, the "Pool Boy thinks I'm Hot" card is priceless!

I have occasionally been on to read. It seems like I have so many interuptions lately that I just cannot seem to finish my thoughts - and then they go p-o-o-f! And I can't even tell you what they all are as I am seemingly receiving them in one ear, processing and shoveling them out the other. Oh well. I'm 70 - and I'm forgiven.

Baked oatmeal cookies the other day - special request from dh ... and yesterday I baked an apple pie - just because. And also yesterday I also got about a gazillion (approximately) phone calls with birthday wishes. Even my grandson who is in Beijing called and chatted for about 15 minutes. (I was surprised!) Soooo ... all the kids checked in, all but one of the grandkids, and even those great-grands who can talk were on board.

Kathy ... I'll be delighted to get the seeds ... I will cherish them and plant them in the spring when we are -finally- in Oakhurst. As if you didn't already have enough to think about ... what a sweetheart you are. I'm so glad the pools boys are working their magic "therapy" on your shoulder ... here's hoping other areas will be healed and functioning beautifully very, very soon.

Holly! 2 more kids! Amazon! You are so incredible and I could just cry thinking of how much of yourself you put out for others.

WooHoo, Bunny! Selling on Etsy AND snagging a library job. So glad for you, Honey Bunny. I hope school is terrific this year and that you will soon be on the way to realizing the good life.

Well, I have to be quick today - or I could abandon ship and wind up not posting. I do have ironing beckoning - but I can actually take a breath as we are not going to be going to Oakhurst this weekend. (Next weekend we go though)

Love you all and have you in prayer -- even when I am not "banging on the gates of heaven" I am mentally-messaging our Maker to keep the Farmgirl Family here safe, healing, and in His care.

Keep Calm and Carry On!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  3:44:39 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, Happy Birthday and good to hear from you! Boy oatmeal cookies and apple pie too. Someone is getting spoiled at your house.

Got almost all my home work for this week done. If I would stop fooling around on the internet, I would get it done faster of course.
Not much else going on. Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  04:58:48 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, I am so glad that you are feeling better and able to get out into the garden even if it only to get the tomatoes off the vine. They will make some wonderful tomato sauce I am sure.

Darlys it is good that you had a special and great birthday. You are such a super person you deserve only the best. Love you.

My SIL has been here for 3 days and we have enjoyed her company so much. We have shared lovely family stories, laughed and been able to eat lots of yummy meals. She is leaving today for the area around Orlando where she has a vacation home.

I think of all you ladies everyday and I am so fortunate to be a part of this family of caring and fun women. I was looking at a doll catalog that came in the mail and there were two pages of cutout doll books. I was reminded of the time when we all shared the funny things from our girlhood like the games we played then and the kind of toys we had. As I looked at the cutout books I was tempted to get a couple. Maybe the Lennon Sisters cutouts or even the Marilyn Monroe. There was one for Jane Powell and even Betty Grable. :))

I hope you all have a super week full of some laughs and fun.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  05:22:10 AM  Show Profile
These are just 4 of the great quilts I saw at the Quiltfair. I took a lot of photos and I thought these were really unique quilts.
[IMG http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/Quilts(1).jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  05:23:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh, nuts!! I will try again.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  09:19:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya all! Today is the last day of September and I am wondering where the last 30 days went. I always like the beginning of a new month except for the fact that bills start showing up in my mail box again giggle. There is something reflective as well as excitement for new adventures each time I get to flip up that next calendar page. The weather here in Iowa has been wonderful the past few weeks. Temps have been in the 70's and low 80's with calm breezes. The farmers have been going like crazy getting all the corn and beans harvested. Families are taking trips to punpkin patches and apple archards.
Are you sister chicks getting tired of all these political adds and phone serveys? I know who I am going to vote for and have almost changed my mind a few times because of all the negative crap.
I do want to share with you gals that my son is running for county sherrif of his county. Will you gals please pray for him. He has been a police officer for 16 years and has a good following, but he is running against another good officer. The vote will probably be about a 49 to 51 decission. Thank you.
I must get off this computer it is making me dizzy. On Friday I fainted, fell off the deck and kissed the sidewalk. Now I am minding you chickie poo friends and taking life a little easier. 2 weeks down and 12 to go. Taa taa ladies thanks for your friendship and happy late birthday to Darlys. Glenda I'm waiting for glass pictures, Bunny I may have to buy a card set or two myself! Kathy I'm glad you are getting better. Is the numb hand going to be ok? Smile everyone.

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  2:35:42 PM  Show Profile
I am jumping back on for a minute to ask a question. Do you chicks know what Sense Pots are? They are a ceramic container with a small lightbulb. The bulb heats the scented candle wax cubes placed in a dish above the lightbulb and your room smells wonderful. You can buy them at home parties or at home stores. Yep. Even Walmart carries them. Anyway my question is: How do you keep the scent from fading? No matter what brand of wax or what scent I use (cheap or pricy) They no longer work for more than a few hours. I unplug the pots at night because I believe in "safety first" and when I turn them on the next day I get no scent worth wasting electricily for. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  6:22:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, I have been busy all day ironing fabric so I can start sewing tomorrow. It takes me a half a day to dig everything out to started. Wish I had room to just leave it out and work on it when I have time. It would be much easier.
Thelma, yes, you better listen to us. TAKE IT EASY!!!!!! We do not want to hear that you broke a bone or lost some teeth, etc. because you were doing what you were not supposed to do.
Nancy, those are some great quilts. Such talent.
Bunny, you have a good eye and are very talented. Love the note cards.
Well, gonna finish looking at the forums, then get ready for bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  05:35:03 AM  Show Profile
Thelma I have 3 of those Sensey pots. I bought the scents from the company and have not had problems with them. Email me your address and I will send you some of my scents. I have so many and am delighted to share with you.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  06:48:09 AM  Show Profile
Have you ever had an instance when your brain just wanders away from you for a second? I was actually driving to the store one day, thinking how much I miss going to the beach down in Georgia with my best ever friend. Tybee Island is my favorite place in the whole world to be. (I told my husband that if he dies before me that I'd sell everything and move there.) And I was thinking about the last time we were there and how my husband, knowing there would be a several hour drive back to Perry where my friend lives, he actually yelled at us to get out of the water and get ready to go!! I was so angry. I remember thinking I could run away & live in a shelter there someplace---that's how mad I was. Of course he was right.......it's just my childish side that pops out whenever I'm near the ocean.
Back to he original thought...anyway as I was driving, suddenly this poem popped into my mind & it sounded so cute that I just had to pull my car over to write it down. As I was doing so, I actually witnessed the characters in action in my mind! It was like watching a movie. So I thought I'd share my little poem with you all.

"I See The Sea"

"Now behave" says Mama,
"Go get in the car.
It's hot and it's humid,
And the drive is quite far".

I stamp my small feet,
And I say, feeling boulder,
"I'll live by the sea,
Someday, when I'm older".

I put sand and some shells,
To take home in a sack,
I wave goodbye to the sea,
And the ocean waves back.

So now, I'm off to boil down bags and bags of frozen tomatoes to make tomato sauce.

Prayers all around.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  10:29:43 AM  Show Profile
Nancy - you are so very kind. A friend stopped by this morning and she told me to change my light bulb. It hadn't burned out but was to weak to do it's job. Room is starting to smell like fall since I changed that darn bulb. I buy from the Sencey company too. You pretty much get what you pay for these days. Thanks for offering some of your supplies. That was a very kind offer.
Kathy - I really liked your poem. do you do a lot of poetry writing?
Janet - what are you making. I need to get started on a quilt for our grandson for Christmas but need to get a few little projects out of the way first. I wish you had a sewing room like mine. It is just for sewing so I cut out items and then I sew when I have 5 minutes or 5 hours - no picking up and putting things away until I'm finished with a project. I used to sew out of boxes and tubs. Never knew what I had for supplies or which container to go through. I hope you have a spare room someday.
I am feeling much better. It has been 2 weeks since I started my medications and I am starting to feel like my old self again. I am keeping my feet planted firmly on the ground even though my spells are getting farther apart and not quite as severe as they have been. NOT DRIVING IS KILLING ME! I have to miss a garden club meeting tonight because Darwin is in the fields, but he will see that I get to book club tomorrow and a friend will bring me home. I am working on cleaning out drawers and such. My jewelry has never been so well organized and I'm only half done with that project. I am also working on my basement again. Lots of little things to finish up without ladders. giggle I want to get it done so we can use it during the holidays. Have the floors yet to stain and am looking to hire someone to do that for me.
Well taa taa my chickie poos. Do something creative today or better yet have an adventure.

Edited by - Thelma on Oct 01 2012 10:43:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  7:35:45 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, love the poem. It is nice to wander once in awhile. Keeps your hopes and dreams alive,I think.
Thelma, I am glad to hear you are not climbing ladders or doing anything that is dangerous to your health!!!
Holly, I know you are very busy right now, just thinking about you and missing you on here. Hope things slow down some for you soon.
We may have a few snow flurries by the end of the week. The weather is supposed to go downhill after today. Been in the 30s at night, 50s during the day, but down to 40 for the high by Friday. Not too long when winter will arrive here. We usually get some snow flurries by Halloweeen.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  04:04:53 AM  Show Profile
Jan, how exciting to start a new project. I enjoy the ironing part. So, the anticipation and joy of smoothing the lovely fabric is very soothing for me. I hope you get the same satisfaction. With the forecast you have weatherwise, starting a new project is just perfect.

Kathy, the poem is so lovely. I can't believe that something like that comes to you so easily. What an artist you are! The words you chose were so descriptive. I am glad you are able to get about and get things done a bit more. I hope the pain is better and the numbness is subsiding. The tomato sauce sounds very tempting.

Nancy, the lightbulb switch is not something I would have thought about. So good to have friends around to help out with life's mysteries.

Thelma you have scared us all. Glad to hear you have made the changes that are necessary to stay on your feet! The dizziness would be maddening to me, too. Thank goodness it is subsiding.

We had a wonderful visit with Dd. She took me to see where she works, which I really enjoyed. It is beautiful, nice to work in such pretty surrroundings. The rooftop was so fun. The weather was perfect and we were actually acting like tourists. It kind of made my head spin driving into Seattle with so much traffic and tunnels and bridges, onramps and lane changes. So glad she knows her way around. It was astounding to see these very small apartments/studios (400 sq.ft.) go for so much money. Almost fifteen hundred dollars monthly. We also got to stroll through a very trendy and upscale mall while sipping a Starbucks latte. Yummy. It was a great time. Dh and her boyfriend stayed at their apartment with the pups. They get along very well, so we didn't have to worry about rushing back. We had chicken scallopini at "home" for dinner and then Dh and I took the chihuahua to the hotel with us and called it a night. The next morning with had a wonderful breakfast prepared by DD, she and I snuck off to Target and then after lunch, Dh and I loaded up our ark and headed back towards Spokane. We traveled through the area that is still burning and had actually joined one another. The labradors were happy to get home. Even Mollie. Was glad to see how happy she was to see her bed.

The trip was really a dream come true. Dd is grown, on her own, in a healthy relationship, building a satisfying life that she wants her father and I involved in. Amen.

Today, I will recover. Put the few things we took away. Walk the dogs, think about joining my gf and start a new project.

Hope everyone continre to recuperate. Enjoy the fall weather. Hear from you all soon, I hope.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

grandma
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

nora
Truro Nova Scotia
Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  05:54:33 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I didn't realize you'd want me to confess to being over 50... *but I am...

Always take the road less traveled
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  06:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, It sounds like you had a lovely time with your dd. Makes you feel good that her life is going well, I bet.
Welcome Nora. Join right in and let us get to know you better. We are all over 50 here and enjoying each others company, good and bad. I am sure you will like it here.
Well, off to do some more sewing and laundry, of course. Have a great day!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  11:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Nora, yeah, we are a bunch of old ladies here. We don't all act old though. Don't feel old ...most of the time.

Marianne, what a nice visit. I am looking forward to my son having his own place. He has a new girlfriend and I will meet her Thanksgiving. I can't wait. It is always nice to see your kids making a life of their own and things falling into place. Seattle sounds like the Bay Area where my son lives. He can't find a decent apartment for less than $1500 either. He is living with my Aunt and Uncle for now.

Thelma, good for you on feeling better. It doesn't take time I'm sure.

Well, I have tons of homework to do and keep finding things to keep me from it.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  4:51:25 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful day I have had. I lead our book club study this morning and then 3 gals I taught with took me out for lunch. I didn't get home until almost 2:00. The weather was so beautiful with temps in the mid 70'S, no wind and beautiful fall colors. I just had to stay outside for awhile even though I didn't do anything but sit on the porch with an embroidery project. Tomorrow is supposed to be our last nice day for awhile. Pridicting highs in 50's with little if any sun. No rain in the forcast. I just hope we get a hard freeze so Santa quits bringing me garden produce. I have everything put up that I want and am tired of dirty counter tops. Now I will eat my words when I can no longer waltz out to the garden to pick a fresh snack. Did I tell you that we planted extra for the county food banks only to discover that they refuse to take fresh or home canned produce? Neighbors and friends have given us names of people who are down and out so we have been leaving produce on their door steps. Don't know if they were eaten or tossed.
Nora - welcome to one of the best chat rooms you could have found. Stop worrying about your age and relax with us. We certainly celebrate our new found youth. Some gals have fallen in love with pool boys, and others have a special lemonade recipes.
Bunny - tell us again how we can purchase those beautiful cards.
Marianne - i am glad that you have a nice time with your daughter.
Darwin will be home from a hard day in the fields so I better get a meal ready Taa taa my chickie poos!

Edited by - Thelma on Oct 02 2012 4:53:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  08:23:51 AM  Show Profile
Another beautiful morning! Where is everyone? Whatever you are doing I pray for your health and hope your are having fun adventures while your are being creative. Hmmmm maybe you are all entertaining pool boys while sipping lemonaid. Taa taa
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  10:30:14 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, what a lovely visit you had with your daughter. The others have said it all.

Thelma - I can hardly wait until I have a garden to complain about. I don't mean that you are complaining - I mean that I will.

And hey, welcome Nora! By the way, Thelma means that many of us are singing the praises of the "Fictional" pool boys. Just thot to clarify that - just in case. Don't want to scare you away! We are a bunch of chronologically gifted gfs - who pretend at behaving badly sometimes just to keep things lively ... but mostly we just enjoy each other, welcome new women to the forum, sing each other praises, buck each other up -- and have a good ol' time. It seems that Marianne and Thelma and Jan have become the glue lately as many of us have "stuff" keeping us from indulging in cyberspace ... but we are still reading.

Kathy - Love the poem!

And, Janet, I enjoyed the tea - thank you!)

Bunny, you are sounding chipper! Yay! Hope school is going really well.

I miss Holly - I have a feeling she is really busy ... with her family, animals, farm, community and the folks she cares for. (My goodness! Who DOESN'T Holly care for?!) And sometimes her internet connection doesn't behave.

I was going to regale you all with the saga of my youngest daughter's need for surgery and the insurance company blind-siding her -- but all's well that ends well - and I'll fill you all in later. must abandon for now. Got lunch with a friend.

Again,

Keep calm and carry on!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Oct 03 2012 10:32:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page