DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  9:47:55 PM  Show Profile
My 57th birthday was this past August. I love places that give the senior discount to those of us 55 and over....now if I can only remember to ASK for it.
Giant Huzzah's for Ruth, Susan and Liz; my mother, sister and oldest daughter are cancer survivors, my daughter's a double survivor. Every breath in every day is a joyful, precious gift.

Farmgirl Sister #682

"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page

DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  9:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Oops, I posted before I read page 2! (I refuse to call that an age thing; it must be because I still have some blonde hair that refuses to go gray ;-p SOOO I send up my cheer to Betty too and all courageous cancer survivors I've yet to meet. Y'all ar beautiful, strong women.

Farmgirl Sister #682

"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  10:45:06 PM  Show Profile
I am 52....so count me in the group. Looks like I am in very good company!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  03:31:57 AM  Show Profile
this is awesome!!!! i'm heading toward #57--wonder if i'll look like a 57 chevy?? haha!!!

maybe we need our own henhouse?????????

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  05:53:16 AM  Show Profile
Wow! What a great bunch of YOUNG ladies. I am so glad to be in this group. I am 52.

Blessings,
Tina Hale
Farmgirl #455
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  06:24:54 AM  Show Profile
You all are such a beautiful group of ladies! You make my world a brighter place, bring smiles to my face - thank you all for being "you"!

Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  07:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh yeah!!! You realize that life BEGINS at 50!!! And then eventually you figure out you are "home free" cuz you don't have to prove yourself to anyone, including yourself!! Yup . . .I LOVE IT!!!

Turning 62 in December and collecting Social Security in Feburary 2011
But I can run circles around those who are decades younger!!!
God has blessed me with good health . . . and I"m grateful!!!
YAY FOR "SENIOR" FARMGIRLS!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Nov 19 2010 6:49:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:16:42 AM  Show Profile
CJ don't you forget your the age you are???? I move around sometimes as if I'm older, yet in my mind I'm still in my 40's. I love acting silly and having fun!! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  09:52:20 AM  Show Profile
Right ON, CJ, I'm with you, girl; this is the best time of my life and I am filled with joyous abandon to be here. I've heard it said that we should live each day as though it were our last and that may be good and fine but I say better to live each one as though it's your first. I've got TONS of dreams for the future, lots of livin' left to do! Y'all are my kind of women. We all together make this world a better place. Rock ON, ladies!

Farmgirl Sister #682

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  11:23:16 AM  Show Profile
Don't you just have so many crafts to do and try out! Who can get bored when your crafting!! Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Janice you and I must have a pretty close birthday!! I'm Nov. 17. I am 62 and get social security in the fourth week of January too! In so many ways I feel better than I ever have to be honest! I'm loving every minute of it.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:19:56 PM  Show Profile
I am 53. and will be 54 in January

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  6:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
And, furthermore . . I tell folks that I want to live life to its fullest, let the wind blow my hair (who cares anymore??), do things I wouldn't have dared before and SLIDE INTO MY GRAVE, LAUGHING, KICKING UP MY HEELS and saying "MY, WHAT A RIDE!!!!"
Wrinkles and all. . .
YAHOO!!
CJ
..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Nov 19 2010 6:54:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  02:47:08 AM  Show Profile
Awesome posts! I am 56. Didn't all the years kinda fly by if you think about it? Whew! I am very much in a new phase of life as I made an out of state move last year and I am really 'starting over'. It has had its moments, lol! But I am also getting back into things I used to enjoy doing! And learning things I never knew I would! Let's enjoy it ladies! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

weaverchic
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

gerri
Largo Florida
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  05:15:00 AM  Show Profile
When I turned 50 life changed drastically! My X decided after 30 years of marriage he needed a better life with someone else and poof! He was gone. The beginning of the last 5 years was frightening, not certain if I would be able to do it. I lost interest in the many things that I had such a passion for (cooking, weaving, spinning, gardening and to live life to the fullest).

Now after 5 years of living independently on my own, owning my own home (the one I have lived in the past 35 years). Paying a mortgage, utilities bills, health insurance, car payments etc. Things that I had no idea how to operate, I learned. I learned many life skills that you become so dependent on with others. I live my life the way we should. An earlier quote I read on the thread explains "Remember life is what you make of it"!
We all make choices in our life, right or wrong, it's our journey to make it the best! This is not a dress rehearsal!

I would like to say that the inspirational stories that I read through out all the diffent threads has certainly helped me more to become a better person and bring me back to the foundation of who I am and what makes me the happiest!

Prayers go out to all the cancer survivors sisters! Your quest has been far more enduring than the challanges I have faced.

gerri
Farmgirl Sister #1197

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown

Edited by - weaverchic on Nov 20 2010 05:17:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  05:47:45 AM  Show Profile
I will be 50 in June. So far I have had a great life. I have had a few medical problems along the way. But here lately I feel really good like I am in my 20tees again. I just had my first grand child and is on cloud nine right now. He is such a blessing. Shame on grandma for not having his quilt ready for him!! Work has been so busy..no time to finish it. I have been married for 31 years to my high school sweetheart. Have 2 beautiful sons and one beautiful grand son. Thank You God for the years you have given us all.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  05:55:41 AM  Show Profile
Gerri,
I'd say your story is definately one that's an inspiration. It helps us see how that when her life is turned upside down, a woman can find the strength to go on and make it even better than it was. You didn't make the first decision yourself for this journey, but you dealt with it over time, learned so much and found who you really could be. And we are so glad you are the person you are today, with your compassion for others and willingness to share with the sisters you have found here.
Susan
Almost all of us take so much for granted

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  07:28:50 AM  Show Profile
53 and proud of it too
I started LIVING at 49, so am only a kid

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Edited by - dutchy on Nov 20 2010 07:31:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4712 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4712 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  09:26:40 AM  Show Profile
I too made the half century mark this year in June.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  09:34:10 AM  Show Profile
I turned 53 last month. Let's face it age is just a number, it's state of mind that counts.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  2:28:30 PM  Show Profile
I am also in the over 50 crowd.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

weaverchic
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

gerri
Largo Florida
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  4:06:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Susan for your kind words. I know that I am the woman I have always been, but stronger and wiser!

gerri
Farmgirl Sister #1197

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown

Edited by - weaverchic on Nov 20 2010 4:07:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

bakermom
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Linda
Garden Grove CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  5:22:35 PM  Show Profile
yep, I am glad to be part of this group, considering the alternative. Last year was our 25/50. 25th wedding ann. and my 50th birthday. Honey scrounged us up a great cruise. On the same ship that just had a flaming fiasco a couple of weeks ago. One year ago from that very day, we were on that same ship, cruising the pacific and eating like there was no tomorrow. Sure glad it was last year and not this. We even took the youngest muffin who was 12 at the time. It was memorable, in a good way. then the 51st birthday came around and it was more like "who are you again?" ah well, back to normal. wanted to include picture, just because we can now. Needed to try it out. Fun!

bakermom
sister#2064
www.lapetitekitchen.com
"that wine may cheer the hearts of man...that bread may strengthen mens hearts." psalm 104

Edited by - bakermom on Nov 20 2010 6:04:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  6:24:38 PM  Show Profile
I feel like 25, think of myself physically as though I am 25, act like I'm 25, mentally have the energy I had at 25, and then I look in the mirror and ask "who are heck is that!"? Then I remember, I'm 56 and I want to have a "do over" like on my DVR! LOL

Life is Beautiful with Bunnies
www.thedewhopinn.ning.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/thedewhopinn
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  05:40:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm over 50. Yes, way over 50. I'm 68 and I will be 69 in February. I am enjoying everyday of life and thankful to God. My hubby and I are living everyday to the fullest that we can.

Nancy

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page